Male HQ

Running Events In Singapore

Guest Guest

The man who fainted at 2xu had passed away. R.i.p He was 45 yr old.

Always listen to your body if you don't feel well. :)

It's on the news, always sad to hear of a fellow runner collapsing just like that. :(

mine 2hr 18mins 17sec for 21km (nett time)  

Timing very smilar to mine haha...okay take care and train hard for next event!

It's on the news, always sad to hear of a fellow runner collapsing just like that. :(

Timing very smilar to mine haha...okay take care and train hard for next event thanks, !

Thanks, wat your timing? :)

I m very grateful for this timing, despite my legs cramped at 16km and i have to walked bit. Its my first 21km and a great experience.

Don't you ever give up on your life. You will see many great things happening soon! ;)

Thanks, wat your timing? :)

I m very grateful for this timing, despite my legs cramped at 16km and i have to walked bit. Its my first 21km and a great experience.

2:17 something. My first 21km as well and I had cramps too! hahaha...should have eaten a banana at one of the drinks station. Poor guy was shouting banana banana and noone gave him a second look :D

2:17 something. My first 21km as well and I had cramps too! hahaha...should have eaten a banana at one of the drinks station. Poor guy was shouting banana banana and noone gave him a second look :D

Well done!! I hope to go beyond 2hrs for sundown.

haha i din heard too.... all too busy on focus run run run. lol

Don't you ever give up on your life. You will see many great things happening soon! ;)

The man who fainted at 2xu had passed away. R.i.p He was 45 yr old.

Always listen to your body if you don't feel well. :)

Saw the news, he was from some coy assistant ceo?! But the cause is 猝死, so sometimes might also dun know.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Saw the news, he was from some coy assistant ceo?! But the cause is 猝死, so sometimes might also dun know.

He was a Regional Vice President. Sudden cardiac arrest reported as the cause (of death).

It is important we pay heed to our body condition on race day, and run in accordance with our level of training. Enjoy the run and run safe :)

He was a Regional Vice President. Sudden cardiac arrest reported as the cause (of death).

It is important we pay heed to our body condition on race day, and run in accordance with our level of training. Enjoy the run and run safe :)

Sad case.

Cardiac arrest can happen so fast n caught you by surprise with not enough time to react.

Yeah run while u still can and listen to your body.

Very difficult to find friends who can run at abt the same pace n speed together. Usually will end up running alone, the only time see each other is starting point n end point. Unless u r there to company each other n not to clock timing, then might run n walk with friends along the route.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Was running with a friend...more so to accompany him than to break records. Haha.

Anyway, I did abt 2h 15mins.

nicholas accompany me to help me break 2hr15min :P

i completed in 2hr22min for recent 2xu. Guess not too bad for a 38yo 88kg :D

So gd, you all have friends to motivate you all.

My friend joined the races with me just want to challenge me. :angry:  

We having a showdown on sundown 21km.  :yuk:

Not bad, got friends to motivate and challenge lol. I can only challenge myself cos none of my friends are interested in long distance running  ^_^

u got nicholas now  ;)

Anyone gg for the Home Team NS Real run on 18 May? I have just signed up for this run as well as the sundown...

Going for sundown, not a fan of trail running so no real run for me.

yeah!! sundown!! hahaha my friend told me to sign up with him for a half marathon. fml going to faint. #yolo

There's always the first time  :clap:

Guest Contented Guy

Anyone gg for the Home Team NS Real run on 18 May? I have just signed up for this run as well as the sundown...

I'm going for the Green Corridor Run, which is also on 18 May. Good experience last year, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm going for the Green Corridor Run, which is also on 18 May. Good experience last year, so I'm looking forward to it.

Gd experience running the green corridor run, wht gd experience eh?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Contented Guy

Gd experience running the green corridor run, wht gd experience eh?

It was one of the most scenic (certainly the greenest) running routes, along the old railway track. There was only one particular muddy patch that caused a bottleneck. Otherwise a well organized event.

It was one of the most scenic (certainly the greenest) running routes, along the old railway track. There was only one particular muddy patch that caused a bottleneck. Otherwise a well organized event.

Scenery indeed nice, cos walked the entire stretch during the time when the railway stopped operation but the track still ard.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Nope we donno each other

But there are several running groups that go different places to run weekly can join those and make new friends

where the running grp?

Guest Desmond

yea. it's my 4th sundown already... but I downgrade... from full marathon to half marathon. ROFL

I also downgrade from half marathon to 10km....lol

• 1 month later...
Guest Jaslye

The Green corridor for last year was not that bad .. cos it started early.. around 7am i remember..

but, this year, around 9am.. i bet i will be very hot.. thus .. drop the thot and signed up HomeTeam and Pocari..

AHM registration is opened for grab.. damn cheap for NSman..

Cld be runners feedback too early. Usually when go for running event, the most difficult part is to wake up early and get to the event venue. And if too early, think getting the public tpt also might have problem.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest sportsathletic

Trifactor was always good, only thing is this year it is quite late.

Few months back, I was on my 42, my legs nearly gave up on me, followed by my shoes.

Had to ran barefeet for the last couple of km.

I swore never to run 42 anymore.

One thing: use a familiar and comfortable pair of shoes, don't be "nevermind lah" like me, who used a new pair and then had troubles running after few hours.

One thing: use a familiar and comfortable pair of shoes, don't be "nevermind lah" like me, who used a new pair and then had troubles running after few hours.

Shoes, socks, running attire and what you are going to bring and wear on race day are important. You should practice your run in that set up so that there is no surprises on race day.

Energizer night trail run already open for registration and it will be on 26 jul. Anyone going for tis?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Heard yesterday gt some run gt cancelled?

I think that one is NTUC 350 run...

The race route is out for Sundown... do check em :

http://www.sundownmarathon.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=199&cntnt01returnid=238

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

Heard yesterday gt some run gt cancelled?

Cancelled due to heavy rain. It was the 21km run got cancelled.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• Guest locked this topic