Male HQ

Junk Food

How do one resist junk food? There I was last night, looking dreamingly at the tubs of Ben & Jerry Ice-cream on sales at a supermarket. The angel on my right side told me to walk away quickly and to proceed straight to the health food sectiion. The devil on my left prompted me to take my time to choose from the wide variety of delicious choices. In the end, I walked off with two tubs of my personal favourites- Chubby Hubby and New York Super Fudge. :D

Earlier in the day, I had my breadfast and lunch at Macdonald (because I want to collect the Shrek action figures). Sigh. No wonder my tubby is getting so obvious now. No amount of rigorous skipping will help. Why is junk food so additive ah?

Why is junk food so additive ah?

because it is designed to be addictive.

yes, designed. for example, the smells you smell in a fast food restaurant are also concocted in a factory where perfumes are also concocted, to achieve the optimum results to attract people. go pick up "fast food nation" from the library / bookstore; quite an informative read.

for me, i find that since i started eating better, i've had less cravings for junk food. this is because the taste of junk food is very flat and one-dimensional compared to proper food; nowadays i can't really stand junk food much ;)

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

. this is because the taste of junk food is very flat and one-dimensional compared to proper food; nowadays i can't really stand junk food much ;)

Good for you, akated! :thumb: You must have a figure than many will envy. hehe

But I dont agree that the taste of junk food is flat. I dont think my tub of B&N 'Chubby Hubby' taste flat at all. In fact it's so additive I try to avoid walking by the kitchen. :D

No wonder my tubby is getting so obvious now. No amount of rigorous skipping will help.

.. And, I envy those people that can eat and eat and eat, and still can stay slim :angry:

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

How do one resist junk food? There I was last night, looking dreamingly at the tubs of Ben & Jerry Ice-cream on sales at a supermarket. The angel on my right side told me to walk away quickly and to proceed straight to the health food sectiion. The devil on my left prompted me to take my time to choose from the wide variety of delicious choices. In the end, I walked off with two tubs of my personal favourites- Chubby Hubby and New York Super Fudge. :D

Earlier in the day, I had my breadfast and lunch at Macdonald (because I want to collect the Shrek action figures). Sigh. No wonder my tubby is getting so obvious now. No amount of rigorous skipping will help. Why is junk food so additive ah?

It all boils down to your weak will power. It has nothing to do with the junk food.

As to your bulging stomach. Just do more sex lor, if you don't like exercise. :D

No wonder my tubby is getting so obvious now.

Never mind if u become a cub, i intro some chasers..

Anyway on ice cream, do check out the offerings from First Choice (house brand of Dairy Farm Group which includes Cold Storage, Shop and Save, Giant) Affordable and tasty plus some nice unusual flavours.

Another underated premium brand is Movenpick which is part of Nestle. I find their ice cream to be just as rich but not as sweet as Ben & Jerry.

ED,

You still look okay lor (base on the anniversary day :P )

As for junk food, I think eating it occasionally it okay de, cause we are all tempted once a while, totally refrain from it is bad also, cause when you get your hands on it, it would mean a jump in.... :lol:

When i eat ice cream, I make sure I have many people around me so that they can share, also that I will not eat too much than, you know, peers pressure around and it would taste better with your buddies around to eat with you.

As for fast food, Aka is right when he say, they concocted the smell also. But do remember you can always choose NOT TO finish the whole pack.

Take for example, I order frieds without salt, so the frieds will be straight to your table when they are finished done in the deep frier. And less salt do help, I realise fries without salt is so much much tastier.

I order my fish fillet without cheese and tar tar sauce, it still taste good with chilli only you know. And now some fast food restaurant go to healthy juice and also diet soft drink, why not try that instead of a high calories soft drink.

:rolleyes:

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

I thought sugarcane drink should come under the category of junk food. It's basically a sweetened drink with absolutely no nutritious value. Yet a favourite lunch time beverage choice at the hawker center. Seems like the price of sugarcane is going up in some hawker center. All the more reason to avoid drinking it. :D Ditto honey- drinks that give you energy but little else.

I will not say that sugar cane juice is totally a junk, it really depends on how much one is consuming.

If you are eating a high calory meal, of cause glubbing down a cup of cane juice add more to the calory intake.

But than it is a better subsitute than drinking sweetened drinks using can sugar, which is a process commidity.

Some info of can sugar and cane juice here

Enough said, actually what ED say is right, there is no reason why we should drink more cane juice when there is better alternative, but i cannot deny that there is vitamin B2 in cane juice (not can sugar, I think). I know of many cane juice seller who will soak their sugar cane in sugar water to make it sweeter.... :swear:

One thing is for sure, be aware and careful of what you put into your body, that will help in a healthy lifestyle.

I like ice-cream, the real type :D Nowadays more young people are setting up shop to sell home-made ice-cream. Just now passed by this ice-cream stall in Shaw on way to Suntec for the PC show. They have a new flavour - Tau Sa Pia ice-cream! During the CNY period, the store has CNY themed ice-cream like kumquat which was really good.

Hmm i only can say that i eat those when i am happy. But i don eat those often.

Let me explain:

Junk food typically contains high levels of fat, salt, or sugar and numerous food additives such as monosodium glutamate and tartrazine.

At the same time, it is lacking in proteins, vitamins and fiber, among others. It is popular with suppliers because it is relatively cheap to manufacture, has a long shelf life and may not require refrigeration.

It is popular with consumers because it is easy to purchase, requires little or no preparation, is convenient to consume and has lots of flavor.

Consumption of junk food is associated with obesity, heart disease, Type 2 diabetes and dental cavities.

Got my point?

258yvky.jpg

Sometimes the 'allure' of fast food can be quite hard to resist. After collecting the Spiderman action figures, now I'm on to keeping Shrek toys at Macdonald, Transformer toys at Burger King and now, Fantastic Four toys at Kentucy Fried Chicken. Thank god, I just have to consume the kids or happy meal which are not so 'heavy-duty'. Macdonald kids meal is the healthiest. A small pack of chicken nuggests, choice of yogurt or corn and a small milo drink. I think it's about time to dust off my skipping rope and put them to good use soon. :D

actually, we can make healthier choice out of the fast food that is available in Singaopre. Like we can always choose to go without cheese, sauces. And now a days most fast food chain have salads and fruits in their menu...

Guest Guest
actually, we can make healthier choice out of the fast food that is available in Singaopre. Like we can always choose to go without cheese, sauces. And now a days most fast food chain have salads and fruits in their menu...

unless you just eat the vege.... the oil for cooking has been recycle too many times which will eventually cancer causing.... lastly even their vege are not fresh, observe properly you may see rotten and dirt :yuk:

Was at Macdonald today wolfing down their lastest combo meal (was feeling a bit down and suddenly craved junk meal). Their new french fries shake (you are given a plastic bag and a packet of special salt and you poured it all into the bag and give it a good shake). I tell you, it's so salty I felt so thirsty after two bites (thank god, I ordered a large coke light to go with it)!!! Yucks.

• 1 month later...

ED, the fries you talk about is the seaweed salt. it's actually very nice if you did half the package of ingredients.. btw, it's a paper bag...

i usually order 2 large fries w/o salt and half pack each to 'marinate' them to the seaweed seasoning...

it's salty becos it's from the sea. plus all the usual junk like msg, etc.

ok ... on a different topic

anybody fancies eating mutton Tulang kua? the RED sauced mutton bones from the indian stalls?

Damn... i really love it once in a while... and the bone marrow is totally heavenly... to knock it out and suck it out... and slurp it out...

doing a few things at the same time hahha eat, and blow job same time... damn...

:whistle:

Food with high sugar or fat content tends to give a "rush" when you eat them. They are addictive in this sense.

My weakness is potato chips. I find that if I can skip supper, I don't put on too much weight.

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

In the end, I walked off with two tubs of my personal favourites- Chubby Hubby and New York Super Fudge. :D

Chubby Hubby? Hmmmm, does that reflect your taste in men, as well? LOL! :lol:

"I look upon those who would deny others the right to urge and argue their position, however irksome and pernicious they may seem, as intellectual and moral cowards."

-- William E. Borah

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.