Male HQ

Vinyl Record Lovers

Creampie

me. have never stopped listening to vinyl since childhood. collects abba, sharifah aini (malay singer) n many more. due to budget n space constraint, cant store much. mayb less than 300 vinyls..

Guest hiddy

me. have never stopped listening to vinyl since childhood. collects abba, sharifah aini (malay singer) n many more. due to budget n space constraint, cant store much. mayb less than 300 vinyls..

DO YOU HAVE SUDIRMAN'S? I'M COLLECTING EM!

Oh ok. Why never get a player? Which artistes you collect? How many pieces you have collected?

I collect CD more than records. Hence I listen them from cd player or mp3. I collect records more because I find it more shiok looking and admiring the bigger cover.

I only collect Tracy Huang, Julie Sue, Ye Huan, etc. Mainly bought from taiwan and hong kong, either during my trips there or via yahoo auction/ebay sites.

I collect CD more than records. Hence I listen them from cd player or mp3. I collect records more because I find it more shiok looking and admiring the bigger cover.

I only collect Tracy Huang, Julie Sue, Ye Huan, etc. Mainly bought from taiwan and hong kong, either during my trips there or via yahoo auction/ebay sites.

Oh thats nice. Locally do you purchase? Mostly into HK and Taiwan artiste?

Guest hiddy

Used to hav one sudir album..but i gv away. Sry. Which sudir vinyl do u hav..?

Creampie, i do ovcasionally buy, bt mostly 2 nd hamd.

Anybody hav tracy chapman debut? I wanna buy

I have Sudir's Perasaan (1979) and Lagu Dari Kota (1981).

Haha, this thread reminds me of my heartache where my sister threw away my vinyl collections of my local idol Anita Sarawak just after I moved out to stay on my own. I used to grow up buying all her English albums under EMI label. She had also recorded and released two original albums in Europe.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Haha, this thread reminds me of my heartache where my sister threw away my vinyl collections of my local idol Anita Sarawak just after I moved out to stay on my own. I used to grow up buying all her English albums under EMI label. She had also recorded and released two original albums in Europe.

Wa wasted. Heart pain. Any vinyls left?

Wa wasted. Heart pain. Any vinyls left?

Haha, I moved on.  Guess I am not much a vinyl record lover though it gave me lotsa pleasure.  Still, it is good on your part to bring back such good memories.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Hahaha oh yea forgot to share. I collect mostly chinese records. They belong to the 80s era like Zhen Ni, You Ya, Liu Wen Zheng and Feng fei fei etc.I do collect english records but selective pop. My favorite is Carpenters. I also collect soundtracks

Err....those u mentioned were 70s leh...

• 2 weeks later...

Thks

Anyone here listens to vinyl records? Be it chinese or english songs. Would like to find a fellow vinyl lover here. PM me

Me also owned some of the vinyl LP records

Sleeping inside the storeroom

But got no no player n had

Not played for years

Can we get player

Please advise

Thanks

Thks

Me also owned some of the vinyl LP records

Sleeping inside the storeroom

But got no no player n had

Not played for years

Can we get player

Please advise

Thanks

The first step might be to clean those vinyl records you have first. 

For a record player, it really depends on your budget. There are super high end ones to beginner level ones. Adelphi at City Hall is one place to source for the player. Personally, I am using a technics mk1200 for playing of records. Sourced it online from some dj who wanted to sell it off.

For beginner record players, you could get those plug and play types like Lenco L-83 or Audio-Technica AT-LP120. If you prefer classy and nicer type of record players, you could consider Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Music Hall MMF 2.2 and Rega RP-1.

There are various shops selling record players such as HEAR records at burlington square, retrophonic at Chinatown and many others at the Adelphi mall.