Male HQ

Songkran GCircuit Parties + Share you GCircuit Story (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Undoubtedly great party action but I am resentful about a couple of things:

Discriminatory pricing for foreigners. They will check your ID if you try to use a Thai ticket. Thais who can afford the local price can easily afford to pay what they charge foreigners. Foreigners have to shell out for hotel and airfare.

Despite exorbitant cover, not even a drink is included.

I have booked for third year but this time not buying package. Will attend only one session and spend time exploring other options all over the city.

• 1 year later...

Don't we all deserve a short break every now and then?

Songkran is FUN and Bangkok is one of the popular destinations of Singaporeans.

It has everything I like - the food, shopping, the chaotic traffic (now improved with MRT and Skytrains), clubs and many more, including dance parties. It is just 2 hours flight away and going to Bangkok (to me) is cheaper than KL.   There is really so many reasons to visit Bangkok once every 3 to 4 months.

So besides Songkran in Bangkok, many gays would probably attend other regional events - the Taiwan Gay Pride in late October is another event I am looking forward to go...

new to gay life so pls enlighten me. it seems like a must go event on most gay men schedule. any particular reasons?

I wonder why too. Sure there are other festivals in any country but Songkran seems to be like some gay event. It's also the only cultural festival that's advertised in other gay sites too.

The famous and popular annual weekend gay parties organised by g-circuit are held over the Songkran weekend. At least three parties, on Fri, Sat and Sun nights. And one or two on Sat/Sun afternoons. Many guys from all over the world gather for this event, which as been held for about 6-7 years already. International dee jays host the various parties. Guys from around the Asian countries also turn up in large groups.

Edited by dawgee62

Guest guest

Songkran for Singaporean gays is the best opportunity for them to get cleansed. As an initiative by the Thai government, gays believe that the water there is much cleaner and once you kena, you are seemingly purged and you feel much lighter and airy. the immediate effects are you'll look and feel 10 years younger and you'll get to achieve happiness that may last you anytime from days to weeks to even months. for verifications, do ask them if they felt happy after their trip and chances are they'll tell you they've so much fun and would want to return for next year Songkran.

so see you next year? oh, they have a dress code for the cleansing - only shorts and slippers.

You can see my little trip report here http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=479&p=573579

Songkran is not just the gCircuit parties. If, like me, those big parties are not your cup of tea, you can still go and enjoy a very unique experience, splashing water to strangers on the street, wishing them happy new year and all. It's a lot of fun (provided you like being all wet and dirty and huge crowds haha).

Other than that, Bangkok and Thailand in general is cheap, people there are so friendly and nice, food is delicious (nothing to do with Thai Express in town lol), hotels are cheap as well if you chose well. But 5* hotels are less than $200 (few exceptions of course).

From all the neighbor countries, Bangkok/Thailand must be the most gay friendly place (and commercial as well of course), that's why it's so attractive to a lot of us.

Don't be fooled though, not all the gays go there :) A big number does and they are usually the same as those who attend the big parties such as G5 in Taipei last new year, or other circuit parties during Pride weekend.

My friends from Europe, US and Australia fly all the way to Thailand for a week or 10 days vacation during Songkran. Party, then jet off to a beach to relax a few days before heading home.

Guest Guest

It is very hot weather and the water makes u sticky and uncomfortable.

Bangkok is getting almost as expensive as Singapore. The scene there is stale same old same old. I stopped going years ago.

China Shenzhen is the new gay playground. Cheap massage, food, hotel, imitation goods

Guest Guest

It is very hot weather and the water makes u sticky and uncomfortable.

actually the common way is to mix powder (those body or talcum powder) together with water, thats why you will feel sticky.

Guest Guest

I think many gays flock to bangkok during songkran every year primarily bcos of the gcircuit parties. The organisers very smartly co-incide it with songkran so participants will be more tempted to go as they can have additional water fun.

The gcircuit party is like a place to see and be seen, where hot bodied and party gays from all over asia or the world come together. Catch up with foreign friends, make new friends and more. Its like our local zoukout party which attract people all over the world yearly.

So its more because of the gcircuit party and not songkran per se. Agree?

new to gay life so pls enlighten me. it seems like a must go event on most gay men schedule. any particular reasons?

So a newbie , ask why do they go?

Wouldn't you go somewhere if you find that place has a lot of things you want and like but cannot get in Singapore, and cheaper to do it somemore ?

Plus when you shop , in Bangkok. the sales people fuss around making you feel like a million dollars when you may have only $20,000 dollars in the bank account in singapore.

Newbie, if you can get your ass to bangkok and you will be hooked. Bangkok , going  there as a tourist makes you feel like you come to a better place than Singapore. you will not want to leave too soon, of course working and living there is another story.

Eg.

1. it is hot there 3 degrees hotter than singapore most of time, but taxi is cheaper than singapore , you get around in taxi when the place you want to go is not on the train BTS.

2. Food portions there is smaller than singapore, so you can try many small , and interesting new foods all the time , plus it is slightly cheaper and always served with a big smile if you are a foreigner.

3. the shopping of funky clothes and thai design own label is mind boggling.

4. As a foreigner there. you can get away a lot of nonsense behaviour that you can't do in Singapore.

Nobody knows you and you can campo it up or pretend to be a sister and camp things up and go as loud as you can, and nobody will care and know . No tsk tsk from busy body HDB heartland aunties.

5  The saunas and clubs love the pink iC people,

so go as sooon as you can

Guest Guest

To the above dude, the TS is asking why gays like to go to songkran every year and not why gays like to go BKK.

They want to be fucked internationally from the cocks of gays all over the world. 

Guest Hot swimmer

Im having Songkran in Pattaya now. Songkran is the best time to enjoy. People get wet and can dance and drink beer outside on the road. Also best time to get to know thai friends.

Guest Guest

To the above dude, the TS is asking why gays like to go to songkran every year and not why gays like to go BKK.

TS is a swa-koo lah, probably never go overseas before except to Sentosa.

Guest Guest

TS is a swa-koo lah, probably never go overseas before except to Sentosa.

I have been to bangkok alot of times but havent been to songkran or any of the circuit parties too.

• 11 months later...
Guest Guest

many gays in thailand this weekend for songkran and the gcircuit parties.

are gcircuit parties worth it? tickets seem ex...

and able to meet many guys....??

many gays in thailand this weekend for songkran and the gcircuit parties.

are gcircuit parties worth it? tickets seem ex...

and able to meet many guys....??

Wait for them at G.O.D. They will start be going there from Gcircuit's venues from 2ish am since Gcircuit parties tend to end by 4am. While G.O.D. can go on till 5 or 6 am. In fact, during this period even DJ is crowded. If you are not willing to spend money on GCircuit, DJ and GOD thereafter a good cost saving alternative. Still loads of fun.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Never been to gcircuit b4

Must be a cockfest

LOL! Not at all

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Raiden Alpha

Songkran is supposed to be a traditional festival but the gays are flocking over there to made it become a sausage fest.

Can't you all choose another day to go/celebrate instead?

Songkran is supposed to be a traditional festival but the gays are flocking over there to made it become a sausage fest.

Before I came into this community, Songkran was just a water dousing festival to me.

But nowadays I keep associating it as the biggest gay event in Thailand...

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I see the gcircuit photos...so many hot guys...

What do they do after partying?

Orgy session?? :P

Some use their guns and shoot each other

― J'son M. Lee 

It is like going to a nude beach. Gay men changed nude beaches to become gay beaches. Straights still go to these beaches. Gay men changed Songkran to partying. People still celebrate Songkran the way it is celebrated. So, you choose which one you want to do. 

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Rafael

just came back from Silom yesterday, OMG SUPER FUN !! there's a lot of hot straight guys playing in Silom.

Well about gay scene in Songkran, I think they can't turn it to a gay event cuz in Thailand, local pple celebrates it the whole country and everyone attends this festival not only gay men but also straight couple.

G circuit was created for gays only and I don't like it as they only gay guys playing there. I prefer Rca, Silom etc.,

Guest guest

http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=49885

go there and become a loose whore.

wake up 3mths later w HIV+

Well the problem with many of us gays is we only wan to have fun and then cry father, mother, blame heaven and earth later when it is too late. Have fun for 1 day and then regret for rest of your live. Thailand is one of the most HIV infected countries with many irresponsible gay people for using protection and spreading it around. We know about it but try to ignore the risk.

Guest guest

http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=49885

go there and become a loose whore.

wake up 3mths later w HIV+

Well the problem with many of us gays is we only want to have fun and then cry father, mother, blame heaven and earth later when it is too late. Have fun for 1 day and then regret for rest of your live. Thailand is one of the most HIV infected countries with many irresponsible gay people for not/ignore using protection and spreading it around. We know about it but try to ignore the risk.

Guest ChuckHagel

Well the problem with many of us gays is we only wan to have fun and then cry father, mother, blame heaven and earth later when it is too late. Have fun for 1 day and then regret for rest of your live. Thailand is one of the most HIV infected countries with many irresponsible gay people for using protection and spreading it around. We know about it but try to ignore the risk.

I totally agree with you. It is very true.  :thumb:

Want to have fun and shiok. That must be the price to pay. In Chinese, we say, "活该". 

Guest ChuckHagel

Before I came into this community, Songkran was just a water dousing festival to me.

But nowadays I keep associating it as the biggest gay event in Thailand...

Songkran is water festival. Please respect such festival. :)

I agree with the 3 posts above! 

It is like going to a nude beach. Gay men changed nude beaches to become gay beaches. Straights still go to these beaches. Gay men changed Songkran to partying. People still celebrate Songkran the way it is celebrated. So, you choose which one you want to do. 

Look at page 57 onwards (click here). You can see clearly who are itchy members. 

There are only a handful decent posts.

Guest Guest

Ex-Nation sour grapes? There's a lot of twisted disconnected illogic above based on debatable moralistic puritanism..

Have any of the commenters (and those they are criticising) heard of safer sex?

Have the complainants ever been there to see the str8s partying as well, in the same way, in all ways?

Does anyone seriously think the Thai culture is going to collapse because of some topless queens wiggling their butts indoors in a hotel in another part of town?

How is the condemned behaviour affecting Songkran outside of the tourist districts, especially in thousands of towns all over the country, in Laos, Myanmar, India?

Is the Thai tourism industry, police, complaining? 

Energy better spent promoting safer sex, better drug control, nabbing pickpockets during Songkran.

I really don't understand what is your problem.

Thai new year is a festivity.  A time to celebrate.  Different people celebrate in different ways. We gays celebrate differently than married couples with children. 

Or should we be forced to go on the street with neighbours and throw water on those passing by,  or should heads of family and the ministers of charismatic Christian churches be forced to celebrate in big foam parties at gay saunas?  (they may be there anyway incognito...)

The way of gays to celebrate with sausage fests is much more traditional than any stupid water throwing on the streets.

• G_M changed the title to Songkran GCircuit Parties + Share you GCircuit Story (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.