Male HQ

Seoul / Busan ( Korea ) - Massage / Sauna (Compiled)

worldangel

On 11/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, singaporeguyz said:

???? anyone about the recent scene in Seoul?

We met at Hamilton spa on sun night. I gave you my WeChat which is erroneous by accident.

I left the spa first. You said u were leaving Seoul today in the evening. 

If u are here, message me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, snowwolf9988 said:

Do we need to tip the massuer after massage?If yes, what is the normal rate?

Not too sure what's the normal rate here. I just went for massage and was given HJ. Tipped the masseur 30,000KRW given that I enjoyed the massage.

47 minutes ago, gpfun said:

Not too sure what's the normal rate here. I just went for massage and was given HJ. Tipped the masseur 30,000KRW given that I enjoyed the massage.

where was the massage ? Any details ? Thks 

7 hours ago, Guest Seoul said:

where was the massage ? Any details ? Thks 

It was at Muscle Land. The manager can speak in English which makes it easy to book the massage. Venue is near the subway train station in downtown Seoul. I had the 90 min massage with sports massage followed by aroma massage. Masseur was nude throughout the session and ended with HJ.

2 hours ago, gpfun said:

It was at Muscle Land. The manager can speak in English which makes it easy to book the massage. Venue is near the subway train station in downtown Seoul. I had the 90 min massage with sports massage followed by aroma massage. Masseur was nude throughout the session and ended with HJ.

Thanks a lot  GPFUN , for your feedback o Muscle land massage

there are some 6 massagers on shown on their website with photos

most of them look cute and young... am sure you enjoyed

any more massage exp? kindly share

Guest Couplevisiting

Hi.. ill be in seoul from 29jan till 5 feb

ill be with my boyfriend, and maybe 1 other gay friend.. anyone up for bar/club hopping? Or just to hang out? We’re semi open, but mostly looking for friends :)

my ig:lukeliono and ben_bonbon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Since u r here said:

A guide! 

WOW

Wonderful video..... how nice to see HOMO HILL ... when is this taken?  has the corona virus affected the HOMO hill activities?

Joe32

• 2 weeks later...
Guest halimun
On 12/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, gpfun said:

Hi GPfun, i was interested with muscleland after seeing their trainers. A few questions, does it always ended up with HJ or you can ask for more? Do you know any other places in seoul like this?

TIA

55 minutes ago, Guest halimun said:

Hi GPfun, i was interested with muscleland after seeing their trainers. A few questions, does it always ended up with HJ or you can ask for more? Do you know any other places in seoul like this?

TIA

For me, the massuer just proceeded with HJ at the end of the massage. It was the same experience for my friend too. There are other gay massage places which I believe it should somehow similar.

Guest halimun
3 hours ago, gpfun said:

For me, the massuer just proceeded with HJ at the end of the massage. It was the same experience for my friend too. There are other gay massage places which I believe it should somehow similar.

Oh thats kinda dissapointing hahaha.. so just a naked masseur and a HJ.. gotcha

• 2 months later...

This seems to be a gay pub in Seoul

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/south-korea-tracks-new-coronavirus-outbreak-in-seoul-nightclubs

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/south-korean-covid-19-patient-club-hopping-in-seoul-12714074

SEOUL: A man from Yongin city who travelled out of his hometown with three friends and went clubbing in a popular nightlife district in Seoul has tested positive for COVID-19, sparking fears of a second wave of infections. 

At least 14 other cases have now been confirmed to be linked to the 29-year-old man. They include three foreigners and one army officer.

South Korean media reported on Thursday (May 7) that the man had travelled to Gapyeong, Chuncheon and Hongcheon with his friends. On May 1, he and one of his travel partners, 31, went to the Itaewon neighbourhood in Seoul and visited a total of five nightclubs. 

One of the venues, King Club, confirmed the men's visit, but said it had complied with COVID-19 measures such as taking guests' temperatures, keeping an entry log, allowing guests to wear face masks and offering hand sanitiser. 

The man was not aware that he had caught the virus when he went club-hopping, Yonhap News reported. He developed a high fever and diarrhoea the next day, and tested positive for the coronavirus on May 6. 

Said to be an employee at a software company in Seongnam, the man reportedly took a taxi home at around 4.40am after clubbing. At 4pm on Saturday, he went out for dinner and came home in a friend's car. He visited a pharmacy and hospital the next day, and stayed home all day on Monday. 

He was admitted into a hospital in Suwon on Wednesday.

The man's 31-year-old friend has also tested positive despite being asymptomatic, while five of the man's close contacts have been cleared of the virus. More than 40 of the man's close contacts at the company he works for have been identified for testing. 

Authorities said they believe the case to be one of community transmission as the man had not travelled overseas nor did he have any known contact with a confirmed case. 

The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said on Friday, an estimated 1,510 people or more visited the five nightlife establishments.

"It is highly likely that there are more cases down the road," Vice Health Minister Kim Ganglip said during the KCDC briefing.

The country has recorded more than 10,000 coronavirus cases to date and has kept its number of new cases below 20 for weeks. Most operations returned to normal on Wednesday, with workers going back to offices, and museums and libraries reopened under eased social distancing rules. 

Edited by gpfun

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/05/11/south-korea-coronavirus-second-wave-gay-dating-doxxing-homophobia-itaewon/

A second wave of coronavirus in South Korea linked to gay clubs is fuelling a horrifying rise in homophobia that has seen LGBT+ people on dating sites threatened with doxxing.

The rise in cases came as South Korea began to ease its social distancing restrictions after an expansive testing, tracing and quarantining regime that flattened the coronavirus curve within weeks.

On Sunday health officials reported 35 new infections, the highest number in more than a month. Twenty-nine of these have been linked to nightclubs and bars in the Itaewon neighbourhood of Seoul, many of which were LGBT+ spaces.

At least 14 people may have been infected by a single man in his late 20s who had no symptoms at the time.

The spike in coronavirus cases has thrust South Korea’s gay scene into the spotlight – a terrifying prospect in a country where LGBT+ discrimination runs rampant and many choose to keep their sexuality a secret from friends and family.

Officials have tested more than 2,450 people who attended the clubs and bars, but are still searching for 3,000 people who may be infected. Many queer people have avoided efforts at contact tracing because they fear being outed against their will.

The news that coronavirus was supposedly being spread through gay bars and that queer people were resisting detection “sent shockwaves” through the nation, according to South Korean journalist Hyunsu Yim, leading to a sense of “palpable hatred” against the LGBT+ community.

The tensions were heightened further by the revelation that two other club-goers with coronavirus had visited a gay bathhouse.

“Unlike other club-related cases, many want to not just criticise the club-goers but lump the whole community together,” Yim said, adding that it was reminiscent of the homophobia that characterised the AIDS crisis in the US.

South Korea Conservative anti-LGBT+ Christians protesting a Pride parade in South Korea (ED JONES/AFP/ Getty)

He blames multiple media outlets for framing the coronavirus spike as a “gay club story” rather than a public health issue, prompting a slew of homophobia and shaping the narrative that people’s sexuality “needs to be known”.

Many South Korean media outlets have already taken the shocking step of outing people, revealing not only the identity of gay clubs’ clientele but also some of their ages and the names of their workplaces.

The result is that gay men in fear of being outed are now forced to remove their photos from dating apps, only to receive ominous messages such as “You took your pictures down” and “You’ll see soon” from blank profiles.

The Guardian reports rumours that YouTubers are joining gay dating apps to out gay men live. Some social media users have posted video footage from gay bars and clubs, urging followers for donations “to help put a stop to these disgusting goings-on”.

A 37-year-old IT engineer spoke to the paper under the pseudonym Jang Ji-myung, admitting that he had been at three of the clubs but feared for his job if he was tested.

“The company where I work is a regular Korean company, which means they are very anti-gay. I have taken part in conversations where my boss and colleagues said all gay men should be put to death in a gas chamber,” he said.

“If they find out that I was at a gay club, they would most likely tell me to leave under some other pretext or make my life there a living hell so I would have no choice but to leave.”

South Korea A second wave of coronavirus in South Korea linked to gay clubs is fuelling a horrifying rise in homophobia that has seen LGBT+ people on dating sites threatened with doxxing. (Woohae Cho/Getty)

Lee Youngwu, a gay man in his 30s, revealed that that his credit card company passed his payment information from his visits to the gay district to the authorities.

“I feel so trapped and hunted down,” he said. “If I get tested, my company will most likely find out I’m gay. I’ll lose my job and face a public humiliation.

“I feel as if my whole life is about to collapse. I have never felt suicidal before and never thought I would, but I am feeling suicidal now.”

Acknowledging the growing animosity towards the LGBT+ community, South Korean prime minister Chung Sye-kyun said during a Sunday briefing that it’s not helpful to single out a certain community in terms of disease prevention.

The fact that public hostility could drive queer people deeper into the closet and hamper the tracing efforts has led many South Koreans to the “rude awakening that homophobia can cost lives,” Sim said.

Whether it will trigger a change in public opinion has yet to be seen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest VTL Traveller

Hi all, didn’t see much reviews about Korea these days with the travel restrictions. But with the recent trip I went with VTL, thought I could share the gay-component of my itinerary to update you guys how it has been during pandemic. Several big changes to the 2019 and earlier Korea we see in the gay scene.

I will not cover the preparations for the trip under VTL. I used this https://milelion.com/2021/11/02/full-details-singapore-south-korea-vtl/ to help prepare for all the pre-trip admin matters. Very well-written. https://milelion.com/2021/11/22/south-korea-vtl-my-experience-with-covid-19-rules-and-testing-in-seoul/ also talks about what to do daily for the contact tracing effort in Korea.

Cruise Clubs (aka as Saunas):

1)     PRINCE: on the first trip I went, there was a guy who was wiping down the interior with the lights fully on. Upon my arrival, he signaled to me that’s its closed (with his gesture) I could tell and the shoe lockers with all  keys on. I thought it was simply closed for the hour or that day since it was a mid-Wednesday noon. So fine, I went down again on a Friday peak evening and realised that the door was locked/shut. I guess this one bit the dust and has closed down permanently. Do not waste time going down, since in 2019 when I last went, theres wasn’t many souls around in the first place.

2)     BLACK (NOW KNOWN AS CUBA): https://cafe.naver.com/kangnamblack?utm_source=travelgay

They do have a website in Korean language. A quick scan using translator shows that they do not welcome “fat” people or skin disease people. On my first trip, I was quiet all the way, from putting my shoes into the shoe locker, taking a key and heading into the reception (as usual the reception is only a small slit of space for staff to see you through). The staff then showed me a list of hotline, which back then I didn’t know was part of the contact tracing where you had to call in and log your visit. I replied in English that I didn’t know what that was, exposing myself as foreigner. Immediately they said no foreigners and I was turned away. Wisen up a little, I tried my luck on the second trip, now knowing that the toll number was for contact tracing. The guy was all ready to give me my change for a big won note, and directed me to call the number. My call number couldn’t get through as I didn’t activate IDD calls. The staff will be watching over their side of the phone to see if you have called. I took quite a delay. The guy watched me and discovered I looked very lost and concluded I was foreigner, immediately returned back my original money and said no foreigner, and walked away. So upset, I am mid 30s and in good shape and looks, but guess they are really strict about this. Anyone who wants to try, just note the address is still in Sinnonhyeon metro exit 3, but closer to exit 3, on building level 4. Refer to the map given in the website. Make sure you can pass through my hurdles by appearing confident in doing the contact tracing process.

3)     SHELTER (same locations)

I went on a weekday and the crowd was little but the quality was good, some hot men and decent looking boys there. They asked for a document to take my name down as contact tracing which I gave my NRIC. This after the staff knew I was foreigner and even orientate me through the use of the locker (accidentally locked myself up with the number pads) and had to converse in English to get help. Things were not so rosy on my second trip though. It was a different staff who spoke a long sentence of Korean, presumably wanting to provide them something to record as tracing, but I didn’t understand and exposed myself as a foreigner, immediately got rejected when they say “for Koreans only”. I decided to try my luck the next day, hoping it is the same old staff I first saw. Again, unfortunately, it was another different new guy (they seem to have a lot of part timers), who very quickly spotted I was a foreigner and opened the door to say no foreigners to me. Sigh.

Saunas

1)     HYUDAE SAUNA (Now called He’s Sauna). Same location. Still a sleeping lounge and broken down sauna dips. This allowed foreigners, despite my failure to call the toll-free line for contact tracing or scanning the notatised SG QR code to prove my vaccination. They guy just let me in. Price is steep at 200000 KRW, equivalent to $20ish per visit. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE SOUL, except one Caucasian who was smoking. So I decided that maybe weekend was better. It was indeed, there were about 4 more people on a big space that Saturday evening I went, not muscle bod, 1-2 young boys and many mature ones. The big lounge with a huge TV projector is a good place to start going close to people sleeping (or pretending to rest with their phone on), then proceeded to smaller rooms with doors and beds. I thought the place make good if you want to stay overnight. Cosy and warm for a bitter winter. Condoms and lube packs are sprawled around beside the bed basket . Walk around with given black pants or 2 small towels given

2)     Hamilton Hotel Sauna – No longer operates 24 h, seems to be because of COVID. Even weekends close at 10pm. No actions at all on sleeping level. The baths were so-so, mainly straight, 1-2 gays if you make eye contacts, they will signal to the steam room and some actions can take place.

3)     Dragon Hill and Resort – Definitely not a gay place. But need to make mention that it is closed, (unsure if temporary or permanent, even the bright neon lightings and labels were still around, misleading. Even on Google search, it mentions temporarily closed. When peeped inside, all fixtures were removed already. So sad.

Drink clubs

1)     From one local’s account, it seems they open on Fri, Sat and Sun only, operating under curfew till 12 am. King is still there. Eagle is the one at the top most of the homo hill said to operate until 6 am only. Crowded with little social distancing when I went on Sat

Apps like Jackd and Grindr

1)     Locals don’t seem to use Whatsapp or Telegram. They have this naver app that worked similar to whatsapp. Unable to sign up as its all in Korean and requires a local number.

2)     Grindr is less used by locals. Most of the profiles have no photos

3)     Jackd is more widely used, beautiful photos there shows how handsome most of them are, photogenic.

4)     In replies, if you speak in English, you typically get only 5% response rate back

5)     Maybe 10-20% if you try typing in Korean, using some sort of translator, though I was told the translators do a bad job as sentence structures were awkward.

6)     A few locals are really good at English, because they went through international schools/worked/studied overseas for a few years.

7)     Spontaneous in meeting, especially if you have place for fun. They will really come by and not go MIA when they promise.

😎     To them, 30-60 min journey is considered as short/nearby to them. That’s 6km apart.

9)     Will realise that their profiles are very detailed, writing their stats, and their roles, T, B or ab. A. I suppose Ab or A means versatile? They keep such info transparent and it seems to be the norm

10)  The bottoms are asking for raw sex, at least the 2 I encountered. Not sure it cuts across the country. They both claimed they are clean, on prep etc.

Hotels

·        If you are a gym fanatic like me, you would know that gyms in korea are hard to join due to language issues and prefer longer term. As such, I had to book a hotel with gym

·        Hotel Newv in Seolleung is my preferred. Is a full-fledged gym (they even open to public for PT sessions), squat rack, smiths and dumbells and plates, machines all avail , making other gym hotels inferior.

·        Good speaking receptionist too. Nice housekeeping.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:40 PM, Guest VTL Traveller said:

Hi all, didn’t see much reviews about Korea these days with the travel restrictions. But with the recent trip I went with VTL, thought I could share the gay-component of my itinerary to update you guys how it has been during pandemic. Several big changes to the 2019 and earlier Korea we see in the gay scene.

Thanks for sharing. Did you manage to visit GM Sauna there? Is it still open?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hamilton Hotel Guest

I will not cover the preparations for the trip under VTL. I used this https://milelion.com/2021/11/02/full-details-singapore-south-korea-vtl/ to help prepare for all the pre-trip admin matters. Very well-written. https://milelion.com/2021/11/22/south-korea-vtl-my-experience-with-covid-19-rules-and-testing-in-seoul/ also talks about what to do daily for the contact tracing effort in Korea.

Cruise Clubs (aka as Saunas):

1)     PRINCE: on the first trip I went, there was a guy who was wiping down the interior with the lights fully on. Upon my arrival, he signaled to me that’s its closed (with his gesture) I could tell and the shoe lockers with all  keys on. I thought it was simply closed for the hour or that day since it was a mid-Wednesday noon. So fine, I went down again on a Friday peak evening and realised that the door was locked/shut. I guess this one bit the dust and has closed down permanently. Do not waste time going down, since in 2019 when I last went, theres wasn’t many souls around in the first place.

2)     BLACK (NOW KNOWN AS CUBA): https://cafe.naver.com/kangnamblack?utm_source=travelgay

They do have a website in Korean language. A quick scan using translator shows that they do not welcome “fat” people or skin disease people. On my first trip, I was quiet all the way, from putting my shoes into the shoe locker, taking a key and heading into the reception (as usual the reception is only a small slit of space for staff to see you through). The staff then showed me a list of hotline, which back then I didn’t know was part of the contact tracing where you had to call in and log your visit. I replied in English that I didn’t know what that was, exposing myself as foreigner. Immediately they said no foreigners and I was turned away. Wisen up a little, I tried my luck on the second trip, now knowing that the toll number was for contact tracing. The guy was all ready to give me my change for a big won note, and directed me to call the number. My call number couldn’t get through as I didn’t activate IDD calls. The staff will be watching over their side of the phone to see if you have called. I took quite a delay. The guy watched me and discovered I looked very lost and concluded I was foreigner, immediately returned back my original money and said no foreigner, and walked away. So upset, I am mid 30s and in good shape and looks, but guess they are really strict about this. Anyone who wants to try, just note the address is still in Sinnonhyeon metro exit 3, but closer to exit 3, on building level 4. Refer to the map given in the website. Make sure you can pass through my hurdles by appearing confident in doing the contact tracing process.

3)     SHELTER (same locations)

I went on a weekday and the crowd was little but the quality was good, some hot men and decent looking boys there. They asked for a document to take my name down as contact tracing which I gave my NRIC. This after the staff knew I was foreigner and even orientate me through the use of the locker (accidentally locked myself up with the number pads) and had to converse in English to get help. Things were not so rosy on my second trip though. It was a different staff who spoke a long sentence of Korean, presumably wanting to provide them something to record as tracing, but I didn’t understand and exposed myself as a foreigner, immediately got rejected when they say “for Koreans only”. I decided to try my luck the next day, hoping it is the same old staff I first saw. Again, unfortunately, it was another different new guy (they seem to have a lot of part timers), who very quickly spotted I was a foreigner and opened the door to say no foreigners to me. Sigh.

Saunas

1)     HYUDAE SAUNA (Now called He’s Sauna). Same location. Still a sleeping lounge and broken down sauna dips. This allowed foreigners, despite my failure to call the toll-free line for contact tracing or scanning the notatised SG QR code to prove my vaccination. They guy just let me in. Price is steep at 200000 KRW, equivalent to $20ish per visit. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE SOUL, except one Caucasian who was smoking. So I decided that maybe weekend was better. It was indeed, there were about 4 more people on a big space that Saturday evening I went, not muscle bod, 1-2 young boys and many mature ones. The big lounge with a huge TV projector is a good place to start going close to people sleeping (or pretending to rest with their phone on), then proceeded to smaller rooms with doors and beds. I thought the place make good if you want to stay overnight. Cosy and warm for a bitter winter. Condoms and lube packs are sprawled around beside the bed basket . Walk around with given black pants or 2 small towels given

2)     Hamilton Hotel Sauna – No longer operates 24 h, seems to be because of COVID. Even weekends close at 10pm. No actions at all on sleeping level. The baths were so-so, mainly straight, 1-2 gays if you make eye contacts, they will signal to the steam room and some actions can take place.

3)     Dragon Hill and Resort – Definitely not a gay place. But need to make mention that it is closed, (unsure if temporary or permanent, even the bright neon lightings and labels were still around, misleading. Even on Google search, it mentions temporarily closed. When peeped inside, all fixtures were removed already. So sad.

Drink clubs

1)     From one local’s account, it seems they open on Fri, Sat and Sun only, operating under curfew till 12 am. King is still there. Eagle is the one at the top most of the homo hill said to operate until 6 am only. Crowded with little social distancing when I went on Sat

Apps like Jackd and Grindr

1)     Locals don’t seem to use Whatsapp or Telegram. They have this naver app that worked similar to whatsapp. Unable to sign up as its all in Korean and requires a local number.

2)     Grindr is less used by locals. Most of the profiles have no photos

3)     Jackd is more widely used, beautiful photos there shows how handsome most of them are, photogenic.

4)     In replies, if you speak in English, you typically get only 5% response rate back

5)     Maybe 10-20% if you try typing in Korean, using some sort of translator, though I was told the translators do a bad job as sentence structures were awkward.

6)     A few locals are really good at English, because they went through international schools/worked/studied overseas for a few years.

7)     Spontaneous in meeting, especially if you have place for fun. They will really come by and not go MIA when they promise.

😎     To them, 30-60 min journey is considered as short/nearby to them. That’s 6km apart.

9)     Will realise that their profiles are very detailed, writing their stats, and their roles, T, B or ab. A. I suppose Ab or A means versatile? They keep such info transparent and it seems to be the norm

10)  The bottoms are asking for raw sex, at least the 2 I encountered. Not sure it cuts across the country. They both claimed they are clean, on prep etc.

Hotels

·        If you are a gym fanatic like me, you would know that gyms in korea are hard to join due to language issues and prefer longer term. As such, I had to book a hotel with gym

·        Hotel Newv in Seolleung is my preferred. Is a full-fledged gym (they even open to public for PT sessions), squat rack, smiths and dumbells and plates, machines all avail , making other gym hotels inferior.

Sad to hear that Hamilton Hotel is off-the-list now, it used to be a huge eye opener place for me 

• 4 weeks later...

Hotels

Not sure if Anytime FItness is still world-wide accessible, If it is, possibly can use it. But in Seoul seems to have very small number of AF branches. 

Will you be my valentine's? :D

By the way, I just noticed the SPY massage spa (gay spa in Seoul) is off from wix. Possibly no more in operation? :( Not listed in travelgayasia page too. 

Update: So is Musleland spa. The website owner seems to have remove the staff pics from there. :( 

Edited by sum1outhere_03

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 8:09 PM, barocco80 said:

Back from Seoul so here's some sharing based on my experiences

- Stayed around Itaewon which is very near to the gay pub/club. Friday crowd was ok but no fantastic in terms of volume. Sat should be the peak and more crowded after 12am. No point going early unless you have company

- King Pub and Gym are the best. Rest are smaller establishment but there are more thematic ones avail like Chub or CD/Trans

- Some younger boys prefer visitor (due to their discreetness) so i had my fair share of fun there

- If you're into outlet shopping just focus on Hyundai outlet (>1h away from city)

- Food are generally cheap and yummy. BBQ at Hongdae is good and plentiful so hard to go wrong with any

- Only managed to visit a local Prince Sauna (thanks to a new friend connected via Grindr) but ended up engaging with another visitor from Thai. I think rest of the sauna are not that tourist friendly so i didn't try. The shop keeper command of English is very limited so it will be tough to navigate without a guide

- If you like expresso bar do give Towners a visit around Gangnam area. Recommended by a local and they served very nice affogato

-  Don't know why but popper seems hard to get there so if you have one just bring and thanks me later

- Did i enjoy it? 100% and will be going back again before 2022 end 

thumbnail (3).jpg

Hi, may we know what is this "bar" name? I guess many would be interested :D 

• G_M changed the title to Seoul / Busan ( Korea ) - Massage / Sauna (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.