Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the EDT version but some how, it is not lasting on my body.

Really? Well the EDT lasts at least 6-8 hours on my skin and even longer on my clothes. Maybe it's just the hotter weather nowadays. But both the EDT and EDP as such beautiful concoctions!

My current favourite too!

And Aqua di Parma

And Chanel Bleu

And and and :)

And and and???

Hoping Bleu de Chanel edp version will smell complexly good, if it ever reach Singapore's stores. 

Anyone tried perfumes that will make you go "Wow!"?

Edited by CordonBleu

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

Hoping Bleu de Chanel edp version will smell complexly good, if it ever reach Singapore's stores. 

Anyone tried perfumes that will make you go "Wow!"?

I've been into Jo Malone colognes lately. Their colognes are mostly unisex and may not be too 'manly', but they smell so good! I literally get transported to another place after having a whiff of the colognes. Too good but too pricey. At least $190++ for 100ml. 

Currently using:

• Gaultier2 by Jean Paul Gaultier (my signature scent)
  • Legend Intense by Mont Blanc
  • Eau Des Baux by L'Occitane (very similar to TV but watered down)
  • Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille (on special occasions. I get compliments every time when I'm using this)
  • Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier (don't like the new reformulation. The original was potent)
  • Chanel Sport Allure (at work)

tumblr_mwhdl80Uz81qgzh68o1_400.gif

:clap: harder, better, faster, stronger ^_^  

• 3 weeks later...

Dudes! I can't believe i blind buy Davidoff Silver Shadow... well, not sure to consider it blind buying... cos i have smell it before on my best buddy but not tested on my own skin...

Smell great so far... but the sillage is pretty average. As time passes by, so does the projection of the cologne...

It does give out the impression of a worldly gentlemen who prefer to have an intimate conversation with his partner...

On a side note, these are what i currently stocked up:

- Chanel Platinum Egoiste

- YSL La Nuit De l'Homme

- Hugo Boss Red

- Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense

- Ed Hardy Love & Luck for men

- Davidoff Silver Shadow

- Loewe Solo Absoluto (finishing)

- Pasha de Cartier (finishing)

Edited by futaki

My signature scent is Starwalker by Mont Blanc, usually use it when I'm in a romantic mood or meeting someone important.

On a daily basis, I switch between the following:

1. Silver Shadow Altitude by Davidoff

2. Eau Fraiche by Versace

3. Big Pony No. 3 and No. 4 by Ralph Lauren

4. Cool Water by Davidoff

I got my 1st perfume as a gift from my parents and it was Cool Water Game from Davidoff. Gosh it smelt so nice and fresh.

omg i love it too!

Me too! It lasts for 16263202638924045209 years and its EDT. Pretty damn amazing. 

• 3 weeks later...

What is your mood scent?

a) "Freaking hot weather!"

Serge Lutens L'Eau Froide/ Sisley Eau de Campagne

b) "Rainy day...feeling lazy but happy"

L'Artisan Timbuktu/ Guerlain Heritage

c) "Oooo...First date!"

Dior Homme/ Frederic Malle Angelique SLP

d) "Yikes! Wedding dinner"

Serge Lutens Daim Blond

e) "Party time!"

Diptyque 34/ Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles

f) "Holiday"

Bvalgari Pour Homme Soir

g) "Feeling adventurous"

Amouge Gold/ Ormonde Jayne Champaka

What is your mood scent?

a) "Freaking hot weather!"

Serge Lutens L'Eau Froide/ Sisley Eau de Campagne

b) "Rainy day...feeling lazy but happy"

L'Artisan Timbuktu/ Guerlain Heritage

c) "Oooo...First date!"

Dior Homme/ Frederic Malle Angelique SLP

d) "Yikes! Wedding dinner"

Serge Lutens Daim Blond

e) "Party time!"

Diptyque 34/ Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles

f) "Holiday"

Bvalgari Pour Homme Soir

g) "Feeling adventurous"

Amouge Gold/ Ormonde Jayne Champaka

g

Tall & Mature. Bisexual & Married.
Versatile & Hung. Experienced Malay.

LINE ID - marriedmly

My current faves:

Hermès - Un jardin sur le toit

Hermès - Un jardin sur le nil

Hermès - Un jardin après la mousson

Hermès - Voyage

Atkinsons - 24 Old Bond Street

Do give them a whiff! ;)

I really liked the Un Jardin en Mediterranee. But it didn't last too long for me. I could only have a whiff of it if it was close enough to me. Really unique scent though. 

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon boys.  My bf got recently lots of original male and female perfumes for me ( different brands i.e. D&G, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Lacoste.....)  and I don't need so many. willing to sell some of them 20% below retail price. anyone interested? I am also looking for new friends in Singapore. :)

You are willing to sell you r collection of dubious origin , half used ( admit it , you sprayed and tried right) , and dont even know if your perfume is near, very near expiry date already,

I can get from reputable sources from SIngapore that sells double strength tester bottles of the latest scents at 50 % off retail Orchard prices.

Do you stand a chance to market your scents.

Usually , people give away scents they dont want anymore to friends, check if the friend like the scent , and then give it away as a gift, my friends would then give an expensive dinner in return.

If it something you dont want already and you want to make money out of Bwers.

At least in retail environment if the scent bad after buying , i still have a shop to go back too for complaints, are you gonna entertain complaints after you sell your perfumes????

My favorite perfumer, Jean Claude Ellena , for having created some of the most memorabke and distinctive classy and sexy male and unisex scents for the last 25 years,

one of his biggest winners were from Herme's  ( Hermes Terre ).

He does not use perfume or cologne as he is a master perfumer, they do not wear scents other wise it would interfere with the creative process.

Le nez . ( the Nose in French)

Jean-Claude-Ellena-en-zijn-parfums.JPG

Ellena-grasse.jpg

some oh his inputs in creations for fashion houses were

For Bulgari
  • Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (1992)
  • Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert Extrême (1996)
For Frédéric Malle
  • Angéliques sous la Pluie (2000)
  • Cologne Bigarade (2001)
  • Bigarade Concentrée (2002)
  • L'Eau d'Hiver (2003)
For Hermès
  • Hermèssence collection (exclusively in Hermès stores)
    • Rose Ikebana
    • Osmanthe Yunnan
    • Brin de Réglisse
    • Vétiver Tonka
    • Vanille Galante
    • Paprika Brasil
    • Santal Massoïa
    • Ambre Narguilé
    • Iris Ukiyoé
    • Poivre Samarcande
    • Épice Marine
  • Rocabar (1998), with Gilles Romney and Bernard Bourgeois
  • Un Jardin en Méditerranée (2003)
  • Un Jardin sur le Nil (2005)
  • Elixir des Merveilles (2006)
  • Terre d'Hermès (2006)
  • Kelly Calèche (2007)
  • Un Jardin après la Mousson (2008)
  • Eau de Gentiane Blanche (2009)
  • Eau de Pamplemousse Rose (2009)
  • Eau Claire des Merveilles (2010)
  • Voyage d'Hermès (2010)
  • Un Jardin sur le Toit (2011)
  • Voyage d'Hermes Perfume (2012)
  • L’Ambre des Merveilles (2012)
For L'Artisan Parfumeur
  • L'Eau d'Ambre (1978)
  • La Haie Fleurie du Hameau (1982)
  • Ambre Extrême (2001)
  • Bois Farine (2003)
For Van Cleef & Arpels
  • First (1976)
  • Miss Arpels (1994)
For The Different Company
  • Bois d’Iris (2000)
  • Osmanthus (2001)
  • Rose Poivrée (2001)
  • Divine Bergamote (2003)
Others

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Ellena

Beginning with menial jobs, he became an apprentice at the factory of the essential oils maker Antoine Chiris in Grasse at the age 16 working on the night shift. He has reminisced, “Among other essential oils, we made a lot of oakmoss, and after I’d put the distiller on, I’d lie down on a bed of it and sleep.”[2]

In 1968, he became the first student at what was at the time the newly formed perfumery school of Givaudan, one of the oldest perfume factories, in Geneva. He left Givaudan in 1976 with two others perfumers for Lautier in Grasse. In 1983, he joined Givaudan Paris as chief perfumer and Roure-Givandan and then he worked at Haarmaan & Reimer in Paris (which merged in 2003 with Dragoco to form Symrise). In 1990, he became one of the founding members of the Osmothèque, an international scent archive based in Versailles.[3]

Ellena has been profoundly influenced by perfumer Edmond Roudnitska, particularly by his article, “Advice to a Young Perfumer”, in a magazine given to him by his father.[1]

Known for his signature white shirts, Ellena himself never wears perfume or cologne.

Since 2004, he has been Hermès's exclusive in-house perfumer,[4] appointed by Jean-Louis Dumas and Véronique Gautier. He has created fragrances for several major perfume houses including The Different Company, which he founded before joining Hermès. His daughter Céline Ellena now creates for The Different Company.

In 2005, Ellena created Un Jardin sur le Nil for Hermès. The story behind the creation of this fragrance was the subject of the book The Perfect Scent: A Year in the Perfume Industry in Paris and New York by Chandler Burr.[5] In addition, the story in a limited form and accounts of other scents as well as his autobiography has been published in Perfume: The Alchemy of Scent. He is also a writer of "The Diary of a Nose: A Year in the Life of a Parfumeur."

I am keeping some of the brands not found in Singapore  to myself , the brand starts with a M, and is in a big red bottle, and it is super masculine and it last at least eight hours and the drydown is peppery and with vetyver as well and oakmoss and  as I want to smell good but different from the mass market product out there that makes the user smell like anybody else

eg. The Tommy hilfigers, the CKs one, the Chanels, the Guccis, which do not smell very nice at the end of the day in our hot humid climate. it smells sour at the end of the day for these.

Hmmm, I am smelling my bottle of M and I will get my next bottle when I fly to Europe next month.

• G_M changed the title to Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.