Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

On 1/25/2018 at 9:22 PM, Sibelius said:

I have this as well and am currently using it ...I also have another similar one is Lomani AB silver but it has a sweeter drydown but poorer projection, so replaced it with Armaf. Creed Aventus is so expensive but I would say those other two perfumes are very close to it.

Currently alternating between these scents:

Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Men

Dunhill Edition

Mugler Cologne

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Comme Des Garscon Avignon

YSL L'Homme

I have also tried Lomani but yes so poor longevity. You should try Insurrection Pure II. I think it is closer to Aventus than Armaf CDNI, but CDNI has the best longevity among all. I wanna try L’Aventus maybe next month. 

• 3 months later...

How lasting is Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin / Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet in Singapore weather?

Currently using Chanel Allure Homme Sport / Clinique Happy for Men.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Chu and
On 6/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, killerwhale said:

I am using Tom Ford Black Orchid right now.

To me, the scent is spicy chocolate vanilla.

evLZlWV.jpg

Using this in the office will cause colleagues to have headaches and nausea.

This one is not suitable for singapore s hot and humid and stuffy climate . More suited to autumn and winter cold weather climate i think.

Love scents & fragrances!!! 

I'm currently using these scents

Aesop - HWYL 

Aesop - Tacit 

Le LaBo - Santal 33 

Next on my list to purchase is Le LaBo - Noir 29 

I'm quite curious about the Margiela Replica series... Anyone here uses them? :)

Any tips on how to prolong the scent of choice throughout the day? 

My friend gave me this tip of applying unscented vaseline on points you spritz your scent like neck or wrist. 

The scent would cling onto the vaseline and absorb into the skin which makes the smell last longer throughout the day

On 6/24/2018 at 1:50 PM, hey_jen said:

Any tips on how to prolong the scent of choice throughout the day? 

My friend gave me this tip of applying unscented vaseline on points you spritz your scent like neck or wrist. 

The scent would cling onto the vaseline and absorb into the skin which makes the smell last longer throughout the day

M

Edited by randomperson

On 1/23/2018 at 11:49 AM, jammyhk01 said:

Got a large bottle but it lasts 15 min only unfortunately 

all of you like woody smell?

On 1/20/2018 at 2:04 PM, gabbyisbot said:

New favourite: Jo Malone's Wood Sage and Sea Salt

5 minutes ago, randomperson said:

Maybe just spray again after certain hours. 

Yeah I would do that but some of my favourite scents that I enjoy wearing & receive many compliments on

are quite expensive and being a student I can't afford to buy bottle after bottle haha

my le labo perfume costs about Sgd 275 for 50ml 

1 minute ago, hey_jen said:

Yeah I would do that but some of my favourite scents that I enjoy wearing & receive many compliments on

are quite expensive and being a student I can't afford to buy bottle after bottle haha

Perhaps you want to get perfumes that are actually long lasting.

3 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

all of you like woody smell?

The last time I bought a woody fragrance, it was left rotting in my collection haha.

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

On 6/24/2018 at 2:03 PM, hey_jen said:

N

Edited by randomperson

Just now, Momopolare said:

Perhaps you want to get perfumes that are actually long lasting.

The last time I bought a woody fragrance, it was left rotting in my collection haha.

kekekeke
I pref it light and refreshing 

but how do all of u even purchase from overseas without testing it?

Just now, randomperson said:

Now comes the benefit of overseas forwarding agent 海外代购 in china market. Which makes lots products more affordable. I’m saying those who sell authentic goods. (Previously escentual sometimes has 25% off n carry lots brands but now no more. Now i dont know any online shop doing international shipping:(  )

any tried this quiz? https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/a11326707/mens-cologne-quiz/

those fragances i tried and liked: just to quote some

https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/the-one-by-dolce-gabbana-for-men-eau-de-parfum-100ml-9349362/i/

Just now, randomperson said:

Trial from birck n mortar store first. or taobao used to have merchants selling small amount samples ranging from 0.5ml to 5ml to test out.(This practice deceased now n move to weidian)

Weidian? 

On 6/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, lovehandle said:

s

Edited by randomperson

39 minutes ago, randomperson said:

No no. If u want to try out with small samples, u can try weidian for merchants. As to normal volume products, both Taobao n weidian have lots merchants. Problem is they only deliver within China n u get to have someone bring them from CN to SG. 

but what is so special w theirs?
Arent sg a shoping heaven?

U have someone to bring over?

1 hour ago, Sh3rlock said:

I am old school - Givenchy Gentlemen Only 

Does it smell woodsy/smoky to you? Do you like Dior Fahrenheit?

I used to enjoy Dior Fahrenheit until it started smelling too "gasoline"-ish in the base notes. Might test it in the Dior counter to see if it is the same or has Dior reformulated the fragrance.

2 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

Does it smell woodsy/smoky to you? Do you like Dior Fahrenheit?

I used to enjoy Dior Fahrenheit until it started smelling too "gasoline"-ish in the base notes. Might test it in the Dior counter to see if it is the same or has Dior reformulated the fragrance.

On my skin both woody and smoky, actually. Without being heavy. Haven’t tried Fahrenheit, but will sample next time I see it. 

Generally those woody/musky/dark scents lasts longer than citrusy/floral/light scents.

I read that one trick is to spray Molecule 01 (pure Iso E Super) and wait for it to dry for a few minutes, then spray on top of it your actual lighter fragrance.

The base Molecule 01 will extend the longevity of your lighter fragrance.

Do note that this will also alter the scent signature of your scent to more musky/woody.

Personally, I have not tried this trick yet so I cannot confirm if this trick is good or not.

13 hours ago, Sh3rlock said:

On my skin both woody and smoky, actually. Without being heavy. Haven’t tried Fahrenheit, but will sample next time I see it. 

I hope you share with us your thoughts on Dior Fahrenheit after you have sampled and tested the fragrance.

A few other fragrances I sampled and liked yesterday:

Calvin Klein Eternity Air for Men [2018] - less lavender than the original and more aquatic, ozonic elements as well as juniper berries.

Acqua di Gio Profumo [the black bottle] - again aquatic with citrus-bergamot crispness.

Penhaligon's Juniper Sling - obviously juniper [I must have been in the mood for the juniper scent yesterday! :wub:] and pepper-ish kick to this fragrance.

Tom Ford's Venetian Bergamot - Woodsy Bergamot but I don't really want to think more about this scent as Tom Ford fragrances are way over my budget :(

19 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

I hope you share with us your thoughts on Dior Fahrenheit after you have sampled and tested the fragrance.

Calvin Klein Eternity Air for Men [2018] - less lavender than the original and more aquatic, ozonic elements as well as juniper berries.

Acqua di Gio Profumo [the black bottle] - again aquatic with citrus-bergamot crispness.

Penhaligon's Juniper Sling - obviously juniper [I must have been in the mood for the juniper scent yesterday! :wub:] and pepper-ish kick to this fragrance.

Tom Ford's Venetian Bergamot - Woodsy Bergamot but I don't really want to think more about this scent as Tom Ford fragrances are way over my budget :(

Dior Fahrenheit was originally heavy on the gasoline note. 

The one you smelled may be the toned down version. 

They brought back the gasoline note during the 2017 reformulation along with a new bottle cap. 

It’s not really worth cashing on Tom Ford fragrances, unless you live in cold places. 

And yes, they are overpriced. 

Edited by Momopolare

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Momopolare said:

Dior Fahrenheit was originally heavy on the gasoline note. 

The one you smelled may be the toned down version. 

They brought back the gasoline note during the 2017 reformulation along with a new bottle cap. 

It’s not really worth cashing on Tom Ford fragrances, unless you live in cold places. 

And yes, they are overpriced. 

I might give Dior Fahrenheit another chance and test it the next time at the Dior counter - might get addicted to the fragrance once again.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:31 AM, HanWuJi said:

Juniper Sling has nice notes but pity the projection and longevity is very poor. I could not smell it after 30mins to 1hour. I really liked it but didn't purchase because of that.

So far my go to fragrance for Penhaligons is still Blenheim Bouquet, longevity is ok if you use 3 sprays in the morning, If you want to make it last way past evening you have to respray at maybe 5pm/6pm. In hot weather it smells great, if you dont perspire alot like me :) 

I personally wouldn't sink my cash into any fragrance that couldn't last more than 8 hours with a $100++ price tag.

Might as well get AXE deodorant instead.

Edited by Momopolare

5 hours ago, Sibelius said:

Juniper Sling has nice notes but pity the projection and longevity is very poor. I could not smell it after 30mins to 1hour. I really liked it but didn't purchase because of that.

So far my go to fragrance for Penhaligons is still Blenheim Bouquet, longevity is ok if you use 3 sprays in the morning, If you want to make it last way past evening you have to respray at maybe 5pm/6pm. In hot weather it smells great, if you dont perspire alot like me :) 

Thanks for sharing. :thumb: One of the reasons I don't make instant purchase of fragrances after smelling them is the concern of longevity of the scent after spray on, especially in our hot humid SG weather and particularly that I am one hot-blooded being and have a problem with weak longevity scents.

30 minutes ago, Momopolare said:

I personally wouldn't sink my cash into any fragrance that couldn't last more than 8 hours with a $100++ price tag.

Hahaha, I had purchased Lynx Africa [UK/Australian branding for Axe I suppose]  recently from fairprice  but all I got from the spray can was mostly Tonka bean and Vanilla - okay for night-time use but a bit too sweet [to me at least] for bloody hot afternoons :ph34r: At least it does have lasting power  and doesn't seem weak or cheap. Might check out the other bodysprays for use after shower/sports.

bs_150_africa-706275.png.ulenscale.236x3

On 6/29/2018 at 2:31 AM, HanWuJi said:

Got chance to try Dior Fahrenheit today. You are indeed right. The gasoline notes are initially overpowering, but quite volatile and after 5 minutes quite subtle.  An interesting and complex fragrance  I would not for a moment pretend to have the terminology to describe. Except to say it is slightly to the heavier side and probably need to be worn at night and preferably in colder climate.  Not something I would wear, but certainly a fragrance which, if I walked into a room and smelt it, would immediately raise my temperature....

44 minutes ago, Sh3rlock said:

Got chance to try Dior Fahrenheit today. You are indeed right. The gasoline notes are initially overpowering, but quite volatile and after 5 minutes quite subtle.  An interesting and complex fragrance  I would not for a moment pretend to have the terminology to describe. Except to say it is slightly to the heavier side and probably need to be worn at night and preferably in colder climate.  Not something I would wear, but certainly a fragrance which, if I walked into a room and smelt it, would immediately raise my temperature....

Hey Sh3rlock, thanks for coming back and sharing your thoughts on Dior Fahrenheit.

It's true that it is a scent I wouldn't wear again myself but it certainly raised something in me the very first time I smelt this fragrance on someone..:wub:   Fragrances certainty evoke memories of people, events, places.. :smokin:

375x500.228.jpg

2 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

Hey Sh3rlock, thanks for coming back and sharing your thoughts on Dior Fahrenheit.

It's true that it is a scent I wouldn't wear again myself but it certainly raised something in me the very first time I smelt this fragrance on someone..:wub:   Fragrances certainty evoke memories of people, events, places.. :smokin:

375x500.228.jpg

Agree!!! I find that somehow the memories evoked by smell is particularly vivid...

5 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

Actually, I do own a bottle that was 2017 reformulation. The gasoline smell doesn't last very long, it became rather woody and leathery pretty quick.

But damn, I find this fragrance to be sexy on a man imo.

1 hour ago, Momopolare said:

Actually, I do own a bottle that was 2017 reformulation. The gasoline smell doesn't last very long, it became rather woody and leathery pretty quick.

But damn, I find this fragrance to be sexy on a man imo.

Dior Fahrenheit definitely gives off a sexy manly vibe and also makes me feel comforted and yet weak in the knees. :wub:

I really should do a day test and spray on my wrist to find out  how the fragrance smell throughout the day.

6 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

Dior Fahrenheit definitely gives off a sexy manly vibe and also makes me feel comforted and yet weak in the knees. :wub:

I really should do a day test and spray on my wrist to find out  how the fragrance smell throughout the day.

Was quite surprised that 6 hours after I tested it, it was still lingering — and must admit that the very sensual smell made me wish it wasn’t me wearing it :redface:

8 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

au d

you can try Dior sauvage eau de toilette or the eau de parfum version. im currently using prada luna rossa carbon. love the smell of chanel allure homme sport  btw. you can check out this youtube channel if you guys wanna know more about perfumes. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzKrJ5NSA9o7RHYRG12kHZw

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, Momopolare said:

Was perusing Watsons and Guardian after lunch earlier and saw Guardian having "3 for the price of 2" promotion for Axe bodyspray :lol: 

Saw Africa/Apollo/Black/Dark Temptation/Gold Temptation :smokin: Worth checking out for a quick spray after gym workout shower. ;)

7 hours ago, aagon said:

you can try Dior sauvage eau de toilette or the eau de parfum version. im currently using prada luna rossa carbon. love the smell of chanel allure homme sport  btw. you can check out this youtube channel if you guys wanna know more about perfumes. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzKrJ5NSA9o7RHYRG12kHZw

Agree - still loving Chanel Allure Homme Sport : Citrus Aquatic Ozonic that has good lasting longevity for me after a long day out and about.

375x500.607.jpg

• G_M changed the title to Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.