Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

• G_M changed the title to Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, jammyhk01 said:

Oud & Bergamot is nice!

So you are layering summer with winter? 

Summer with Winter..

Day with Night..

Combining and bringing out the best of both fragrances for the appropriate mood/time of wearing ^_^

Not exactly a fragrance but loving the smell of Aesop's Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm - Mandarin Rind, Rosemary Leaf, Cedar Atlas :wub:

Aesop-Hand-Resurrection-Aromatique-Hand-

Aesop do have their own range of fragrances:

Aesop-Fragrance-Hwyl-Eau-de-Parfum-50mL-

Cypress, Frankincense, Vetiver

Aesop-Fragrance-Tacit-Eau-de-Parfum-50mL

Crisp, green, citrus

Happened to tried Fleur du Male from JPG a few days back.

It's a floral fragrance that smells so sexy and sensual, it's like inviting someone to have sex.

However, it is sad to know that it is discontinued. 

Edited by Momopolare

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

8 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

Not exactly a fragrance but loving the smell of Aesop's Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm - Mandarin Rind, Rosemary Leaf, Cedar Atlas :wub:

Crisp, green, citrus

Finding the dry African winter air is hell on my hands. Any recommendation on where to get the hand balm when I am back in SG?

5 hours ago, Sh3rlock said:

Finding the dry African winter air is hell on my hands. Any recommendation on where to get the hand balm when I am back in SG?

I believe there a couple of Aesop outlets in the heart of the city: Ngee Ann City and Raffles City.

Oh and at Tangs as well ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, fiznoah said:

Any recommendations for perfume right now? I’m looking for fresh and sweet scented smell.

Versace pour Homme haha. 

Invictus for fresh, but can be too sweet. 

Fresh as in? Soapy, citrusy or?

Edited by Momopolare

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:10 AM, HanWuJi said:

I believe there a couple of Aesop outlets in the heart of the city: Ngee Ann City and Raffles City.

Oh and at Tangs as well ^_^

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @HanWuJi ! Got myself a bottle of Aesop Hand Balm you mentioned above. They have a special offer if you buy the accompanying Hand Wash, and the two work wonders together! After just two days my hands, and especially my cracked cuticles, are indeed rescued. Great Stuff! And as you mentioned, a lovely fragrance indeed. :thumb:

Any fans of Byredo?

My first introduction was the M/M Paris collaboration back in early 2000s.

Expensive as heck, but it was my signature scent for a good 10 years.

Now, I alternate between Gypsy Water and Black Saffron.
Most of the scents, I find them unisex. except for a few that are extremely woody, and floral.

My signature scent for the past few years are Lalique L'Homme Voyager and YSL La Nuit de L"homme.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:42 AM, fiznoah said:

Any recommendations for perfume right now? I’m looking for fresh and sweet scented smell.

If you want different, can try Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel.

It is very old school brand, fresh and GREEN scent, haha. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 7/10/2018 at 5:47 PM, HanWuJi said:

Crisp, green, citrus

i use tacit and i always get compliments about how fresh i smell. Its expensive but i love the smell..

I made a Line group “Men’s Essentials“

A group dedicated for men who love to share, discuss or give opinions about branded stuffs [bags, wallets, shoes, clothing, accessories] and cosmetics [skin care products, frangrance].

PM me your Line ID to join the group.

Guest Guesty

Hello all, would like some perfume recommendations. My partner has been using the scent Blackberry and Bay by jo Malone and I love it as it smells nice and is Long lasting but I don’t exactly want to smell the same as him. Any one has recommendations for scents similar? Or one that I might adore 

On Wednesday, August 01, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Guest Guesty said:

Hello all, would like some perfume recommendations. My partner has been using the scent Blackberry and Bay by jo Malone and I love it as it smells nice and is Long lasting but I don’t exactly want to smell the same as him. Any one has recommendations for scents similar? Or one that I might adore 

I use it in summer but it is not long lasting at all.

Fragrances that I have currently 3 basics and one which I just bought and tried.

Calvin Klein Eternity Air for Men - just tried and tested it and I would prefer to use this now in the morning on a  daily basis and replace my Issey Miyake with this citrusy fragrance and with a soft lingering sillage. I also got a free 10ml bottle and definitely I'll be bring it anywhere :clap:

See the source image

L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake - I'm using this as my daily fragrance for office, woody. The longevity is long lasting but is not heavy as Fahrenheit or Gucci Pour Homme. Sillage is just moderate hence I use it on a daily basis.

See the source image

Gucci Pour Homme - I switch between this and Fahrenheit, longevity wise is similar to Fahrenheit but the silage is moderate.See the source image

Fahrenheit by  Dior  - I feel old with this one but this is a woody floral fragrance. Longevity-wise I can say that Fahrenheit is long lasting. The sillage is heavy and it really lingers.

See the source image

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest guest
On 11/18/2018 at 12:37 AM, fallmerees said:

I so want Britney Spears' Prerogative!!! Anyone knows where to get it? And is it affordable lol T_T 

Try , Mustafa's at Serangoon road or buy online , 

• 1 year later...
Guest makoro makoro

i will prefer you that you should buy a colonge for summer season.

i am providing you list of some good cologne .thanks

Versace Man - Best smelling Cologne
creed
gucci
jo malone 
tom fordspacer.png

Check This Out

I'm curious. Do most guys change their colognes quite regularly? I usually find ones I like and then stick with them often for decades. Passing through an airport in the mid-1990s I saw huge ads for a new cologne. It looked  trendy and 'fresh' and so I decided to try it. Cool Water by Davidoff has been my cologne of choice for daytime wear since then. In the evenings I have used the sweeter smelling Presence by Mont Blanc for at least 15 years. In the discount shop in Hong Kong where I buy them, I have tried others. But I always come back to my two regulars.

In my long life, I have never ever used any perfume, cologne.

I also have never received perfume, cologne as a present.

I interpret this as no person who has come close to me

ever thought that I needed to smell better  :) 

Guest Uncle
On 7/4/2020 at 4:56 AM, Steve5380 said:

In my long life, I have never ever used any perfume, cologne.

I also have never received perfume, cologne as a present.

I interpret this as no person who has come close to me

ever thought that I needed to smell better  :) 

11 minutes ago, Guest Uncle said:

Very much to the point, Guest Uncle.

The only stuff I put on my body to avoid smelling is from a deodorant stick  Old Spice "Classic",  Original scent. 

Once in the morning, after shaving.  I don't remember ever using anything different,

except on trips, where I carry deodorant in a smaller package  :) 

Guest Uncle
4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Very much to the point, Guest Uncle.

The only stuff I put on my body to avoid smelling is from a deodorant stick  Old Spice "Classic",  Original scent. 

Once in the morning, after shaving.  I don't remember ever using anything different,

except on trips, where I carry deodorant in a smaller package  :) 

You are so man. Sure many want to eat that armpits of yours

Guest Uncle
On 7/5/2020 at 10:11 AM, Steve5380 said:

I would never allow that.  I have only one pair of armpits. :lol:

Lick it... Keep it hairy for uncle

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest
On 7/3/2020 at 11:14 AM, InBangkok said:

I'm curious. Do most guys change their colognes quite regularly? I usually find ones I like and then stick with them often for decades. Passing through an airport in the mid-1990s I saw huge ads for a new cologne. It looked  trendy and 'fresh' and so I decided to try it. Cool Water by Davidoff has been my cologne of choice for daytime wear since then. In the evenings I have used the sweeter smelling Presence by Mont Blanc for at least 15 years. In the discount shop in Hong Kong where I buy them, I have tried others. But I always come back to my two regulars.

It is a shopper's paradise. I love buying good cheap stuff from.there

• 8 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 1:10 AM, Guest Fleurs blanc said:

Anybody into perfumes? Which are your favourites?

Current favourite: Penhaligon’s Halfeti. Waiting for the Halfeti Cedar to launch later in the year. That would be more intense.

Past favourites: Jo Malone’s Lime & Basil, Chanel’s Allure, Dior’s Fahrenheit, Aramis’ Tuscany. 

Actually it’s really base on the occasion, mood and environment. I would use different scents depending on where I’m going, who I’m meeting and how I feel on the day. 

I first knew  Penhaligon back in  1996 and discovered it during my train ride from Singapore to Bangkok. It was Bleinheim Bouquet which citrusy bergamot with slight sage overtone really enticed me into the brand. The toilet in that train carried a complete set of Bleinheim - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner ,body lotion plus small bottle of the spray for my perusal then. It was only in mid 1990s that a small outlet was opened here in Singapore. It was closed within two years until past few years it opened two outlets at Raffles City and MBS.

Currently i am using Penhaligon's Opus, Juniper Sling (my favourite), Beyola (Prince Charles favourite) and Bleinheim Bouquet.

I missed Molton Brown's perfume since its outlet was closed at Taka especially its Black Pepper and Pink Ginger. Fortunately i managed to get the former when i was in London prior to the pandemic together with the very understated perfume from Floris. I wish Floris of Germaine Street opens a store here.

I find most French, Italian and American perfumes too intense for my liking.

Edited by heman

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.