Male HQ

Bangkok Dangerous

erection day

While there's nothing dangerous about Bangkok at all (at least not that I have personally encountered or heard from friends), my friend's bag was cut and her purse stolen at Chatuchak market last year. And she never knew about the theft until she reached for her bag to pay for the purchase! That's how good they are.

I almost lost my sling bag on my most recent trip too. So happy with my first Thai meal at Siam Paragon basement cafe, I immediately went and paid up (I always make a habit to keep my wallet in my pocket instead of leaving it in a bag). After walking for 5 min (eyeing all the other attractive food display), I suddenly realised my bag (my ipod and other important stuff like condoms are inside) is not with me. It was then I realised I have left it on the seat. Rushing back I was glad to see it still there. If not my holiday would have been ruined.

Also, I realised that BKK can be quite a noisy city. I have to turn my Ipod a few notches up to listen to my music. And the most irritating noise in BKK must be the beeping noise on their skytrain as the door is closing. So piercingly loud you can almost go deaf if you are unlucky enough to stand next to the bloody door chimes.

In today ST, there's a special report on how the govenment is trying to clean up the 'corrupt' police force. 'Take Mr Siachon who sometimes hires himself and his pickup truck to others despite not having a license. Traffic policeman routinely flag him down. He clips in a 100baht note to his license, which is returned after being checked, minus the money. Motorcycle messenger Sommart said he too pays off the officers who catch him speeding almost every day. Almost every Thai has a similiar story, along with the same advice: Never trust a cop.'

Guest fm an

I read in a Thai paper recently that a Canadian tourist was attacked by a stray dog at Siam Square no less. She wrote to the forum to thank the person who saved her.

Guest fm am

If someone comes up to you and these people are smartly dressed, and they tell you about a 'great sale', please do not follow them. They will probably bring you to a jade company or a 'jewellery sourvenir' shop where the price is rip-off and you ended up wasting your time there. Same for taxi drivers who want to introduce you to these 'great places' so that they can earn some commisions. Worse, sometimes they want to recommend you to a 'straight' massage place.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.