Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

A five-room Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat at blockĀ 138B Lorong 1A Toa Payoh has been listed for a eye-watering $2 million on property listing site PropertyGuru on April 16.

According to the agent, the 1,258 sq ft unit, located at The Peak, is on a "super" high floor which promises an unblocked view of the city.

It is also within walking distance to amenities such as shopping malls, supermarkets, and Toa Payoh MRT station.

29 minutes ago, Guest Eyes White said:

If the seller is retarded, at least the agent should be realistic.Ā  Apparently, the two are not living in reality.

Nothing wrong quote higher for buyer to cut

Ā 

It more stupid if really got ppl buy

Ā 

Edited by thickhead79

Guest HDB
1 hour ago, sayfirst said:

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-138b-lorong-1a-toa-payoh-25108465

Ā 

Anyone wants to buy this flat for the listed price?Ā šŸ˜›

Omg, the seller is asking for the moon.

Based on records found fromĀ HDB Resale Flat Prices,Ā a similar unit @Ā 139A (neighbouring block on the 40-42 floor and same size) was sold for $1,568,888 in Jan 2024.

Guest Strange

A high mortgage interest rate must also be taken into account if the buyer did not pay with HARD CASH for their expensive BTO.Ā  It is easy to predict that the new owner will likely need to make up the gap after disposing of the property at a significant loss in the near future.Ā Ā 

Guest guest
9 hours ago, Guest Eyes White said:

If the seller is retarded, at least the agent should be realistic.Ā  Apparently, the two are not living in reality.

Already can find HDB sold at 1.5m, so asking price of 2m is ok after some price nego. Hoping can break another record.

Guest guest
9 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

Nothing wrong quote higher for buyer to cut

Ā 

It more stupid if really got ppl buy

Ā 

True, no harm to ask high price, rather than ask low. Cause buyer usually will cut price. If you asking low or near market price, the final price sold would not be high. Also who knows seller might get some stupid and rich people who like the house and willing to pay close to asking price.

32 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Already can find HDB sold at 1.5m, so asking price of 2m is ok after some price nego. Hoping can break another record.

are we able to find out whaat is the COV?

Ā 

how much HDB survey the unit, are public able to know?

27 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

True, no harm to ask high price, rather than ask low. Cause buyer usually will cut price. If you asking low or near market price, the final price sold would not be high. Also who knows seller might get some stupid and rich people who like the house and willing to pay close to asking price.

Absolutely, excited to see who is the rich but stupid one to pay 2 million for a 12 years HDB flat. Maybe some 2 room or 3 room flat owner here can start to ask for 1 million for their house,Ā  like to see what the government will say and someone will say: "blame yourself if u can't afford a million dollar 3 room. "

Guest guest
19 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

are we able to find out whaat is the COV?

Ā 

how much HDB survey the unit, are public able to know?

No way to know the COV, only the buyer knows.

Guest guest
18 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Absolutely, excited to see who is the rich but stupid one to pay 2 million for a 12 years HDB flat. Maybe some 2 room or 3 room flat owner here can start to ask for 1 million for their house,Ā  like to see what the government will say and someone will say: "blame yourself if u can't afford a million dollar 3 room. "

Not suprise that few years down the road, even 2 rm and 3 rm can sold at crazy price. Even some HDB for a 3 rm already can sell at high 700k and close to 800k. Some 2 rm can sell at $400k.

Guest Crazy
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Then the property listing pages everyone asked for 1 to 2 million as starting price from 3 room to 5 room flat.

12 hours ago, Guest Crazy said:

Then the property listing pages everyone asked for 1 to 2 million as starting price from 3 room to 5 room flat.

OMG,Ā  just like those Thailand shop always jerk up the price and bargain start from 50% discount,Ā  same same but different šŸ¤£

Guest guest
22 hours ago, Guest Crazy said:

Soon.

Ā 

Last time when we see 1m HDB, many people think it is crazy and it would only happen for 5 rm flat. Most people would think it would not go up anymore, but now you can find HDB sold at 1m plus commonly even for a 4 rm flat. Highest record should be around 1.5m. High chance it will continue to go up to 1.6m, 1.7m until 2m.

Guest guest
9 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

OMG,Ā  just like those Thailand shop always jerk up the price and bargain start from 50% discount,Ā  same same but different šŸ¤£

This is why many people say, faster go in and buy your HDB, don't wait anymore. Next time HDB price will become even higher than now. You find HDB is ex now, next time even more ex.

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

First consolation:

2021 :Ā 12.7 per centĀ 

2022: 10.4 per cent

2023: 4.9 per centĀ 

Million dollars and bigger flat does contribute more to the rise,Ā  so is more important to look at the change in 3 room price.

Ā 

Second consolation:

HDB rents dipped by 3%

Guest Michael

I intend to rent out my whole hdb flat. And I intend to advertise my flat for rental in online websites without hiring an agent.Ā 

Ā 

Anyone knows besides Carousell, is there any other local housing rental online websites that we can post our flats for rent?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Guest Still sky high
3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Second consolation:

HDB rents dipped by 3%

Still on higher range.

Guest Why leh?
14 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

No reason to drop

Ā 

Need to keep go up

Ā 

Ā 

Now 3 room start at min $500K.Ā Ā  You happy right?

Guest HDB
1 hour ago, Guest Michael said:

I intend to rent out my whole hdb flat. And I intend to advertise my flat for rental in online websites without hiring an agent.Ā 

Ā 

Anyone knows besides Carousell, is there any other local housing rental online websites that we can post our flats for rent?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

OhmyhomeĀ - I used it before to sell my previous flat

1 hour ago, Guest Still sky high said:

Still on higher range.

Yes,Ā  probably have to wait another two years,Ā  once the SG -JB MRT in operation and with the main bulk of Malaysian worker moving back, rent should fall drastically unless they decided to open the flood gate to foreign worker.

4 hours ago, Guest Michael said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Fb manyĀ 

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

First consolation:

2021 :Ā 12.7 per centĀ 

2022: 10.4 per cent

2023: 4.9 per centĀ 

Million dollars and bigger flat does contribute more to the rise,Ā  so is more important to look at the change in 3 room price.

Ā 

Second consolation:

HDB rents dipped by 3%

HDB rents should drop when no more new BTO delay. Even rents dropped, landlord still profit quite a lot from rental, won't lose money at all. I have a colleague said, he profited quite a lot of money over decades of renting out whole unit of his HDB, even managed to buy one condo from the rental earned.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

I stay 2 room now

Ā 

I wan to upgrade to 4 room in 4 y time

Why 4 room? Plan to buy how old 4 rm resale? 4 rm resale not cheap.

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest Why leh? said:

Now 3 room start at min $500K.Ā Ā  You happy right?

3 room start at min $500k is for newly MOP unit, right? Location should be not bad if able to sell at 500k. If not who will want to buy.

Guest guest
5 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yes,Ā  probably have to wait another two years,Ā  once the SG -JB MRT in operation and with the main bulk of Malaysian worker moving back, rent should fall drastically unless they decided to open the flood gate to foreign worker.

High rental now i think mostly due to delay BTO/Condo, actually many locals are renting also, due to their new flat is delay. Some locals are renting also due to they have sold their house and still in searching for their new house. Rental not only for foreigners in current market like last time.

Guest U think wat?
10 hours ago, Guest guest said:

3 room start at min $500k is for newly MOP unit, right? Location should be not bad if able to sell at 500k. If not who will want to buy.

Centralised resale flat never worn out in terms of demand regardless of age. Just like New York city. Ā  If local find it too expensive, foreigners (like PR) will grab it like gold.Ā  I think people want easy communte to town, orchard area which is why they willing to pay more.Ā Ā  Heng Ah,Ā  I stay in the city, if my 3 room hit $600K, I sell and than live somewhere far cheap cheap.

58 minutes ago, Guest U think wat? said:

Centralised resale flat never worn out in terms of demand regardless of age. Just like New York city. Ā  If local find it too expensive, foreigners (like PR) will grab it like gold.Ā  I think people want easy communte to town, orchard area which is why they willing to pay more.Ā Ā  Heng Ah,Ā  I stay in the city, if my 3 room hit $600K, I sell and than live somewhere far cheap cheap.

New York City to outskirt area probably take more than an hour and public transport like shit but in SG,Ā  say Yishun or Jurong to city area maybe 30 min or less and transportation so easy although crowded.Ā 

Guest Missing in Action
8 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Ā Yishun or Jurong to city area maybe 30 min or less and transportation so easy although crowded.Ā 

Crowded, packed, bad weather are the reason why people prefer to cut down onĀ  longer distant trip and stay in more centralised area.Ā  Imagine your friend stay in Bugis, and you stay in Pungol and than you guys wanted to go orchard Gai Gai.Ā  Suddently it started to drizzle, and it was a crowded weekend and you are carrying heavy stuff, but no place to find seat and then....your Bugis friend already reached Orchard waiting for you, but you are still not anywhere near and became late.Ā  Next time, he don't want to call you already, he call other people staying nearby like....Bishan.....hmmmm

11 hours ago, Guest U think wat? said:

Staying near to town is good but not everyone would find it is convenience, must depends on where you work and where you usually hangout after work and on weekends. Some people seldom go to town area, so stay near town also no use. And some people is happy enough if there is shops and mall near their house, no need must go to town.

10 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

New York City to outskirt area probably take more than an hour and public transport like shit but in SG,Ā  say Yishun or Jurong to city area maybe 30 min or less and transportation so easy although crowded.Ā 

True, no matter how people always say stay far from town, if want to go town very far. But no matter how far, the most it would take about 1 hour one way to go to town by public transport, but many times it maybe lesser than that. If you drive, travelling time even shorter.

Ā 

People say far to go to town, could be these people do not stay near to MRT, need to take a bus to MRT, so the time wasted on waiting for bus already take 10-15 mins, then still need to add in the bus ride timing to MRT. Let's say you wait 10 mins for bus, then another 10-15 mins bus ride, already taken 20-25 mins on bus only. Then still must add in the MRT ride of 30 mins to town, so one way to town need to take 1 hour. This is "far''!Ā šŸ˜…

1 hour ago, Guest Missing in Action said:

Crowded, packed, bad weather are the reason why people prefer to cut down onĀ  longer distant trip and stay in more centralised area.Ā  Imagine your friend stay in Bugis, and you stay in Pungol and than you guys wanted to go orchard Gai Gai.Ā  Suddently it started to drizzle, and it was a crowded weekend and you are carrying heavy stuff, but no place to find seat and then....your Bugis friend already reached Orchard waiting for you, but you are still not anywhere near and became late.Ā  Next time, he don't want to call you already, he call other people staying nearby like....Bishan.....hmmmm

FunnyĀ analogy but true to some extend. I remember last time i stay in extreme west side, whenever i took MRT with my friends to go home after gai gai in orchard, all of them alighted earlier than me along the same MRT line and could already reached home, and yet my stop was still many stops away, i always feel very sian why i stay so far from town.

Ā 

And when i go to work from my house extreme west area or go home after work, if it is raining heavily, i feel quite sick having to stuck in a slow moving train in such a long distance to my destination.

2 hours ago, Guest Missing in Action said:

If u have friend like this,Ā  then unfortunately these are not real friend that u can depend on,Ā  let them call others ha....Ā 

57 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

True, no matter how people always say stay far from town, if want to go town very far. But no matter how far, the most it would take about 1 hour one way to go to town by public transport, but many times it maybe lesser than that. If you drive, travelling time even shorter.

Ā 

People say far to go to town, could be these people do not stay near to MRT, need to take a bus to MRT, so the time wasted on waiting for bus already take 10-15 mins, then still need to add in the bus ride timing to MRT. Let's say you wait 10 mins for bus, then another 10-15 mins bus ride, already taken 20-25 mins on bus only. Then still must add in the MRT ride of 30 mins to town, so one way to town need to take 1 hour. This is "far''!Ā šŸ˜…

Yeah,Ā  veryĀ  amazing to see our definition of "far", in SG when u tell people u have to walk 10mins, the response is "hah, so far" but in other countries,Ā  far means walking 45 mins and above.Ā 

11 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

If u have friend like this,Ā  then unfortunately these are not real friend that u can depend on,Ā  let them call others ha....Ā 

Hard to find real friend, even you thought they are your real friends, but if you have gone thru an ordeal and then you would realise there is hardly any real friend around. This is human nature, everyone only care for themselves.

9 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yeah,Ā  veryĀ  amazing to see our definition of "far", in SG when u tell people u have to walk 10mins, the response is "hah, so far" but in other countries,Ā  far means walking 45 mins and above.Ā 

Agreed, people in sg take 1 hr to 1.5 hr to work complain super far, but in other countries, it is common for people to spend at least 1.5 hr to 2 hr plus to travel to work on every work day.

8 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Agreed, people in sg take 1 hr to 1.5 hr to work complain super far, but in other countries, it is common for people to spend at least 1.5 hr to 2 hr plus to travel to work on every work day.

diff life styleĀ 

Ā 

quality of life diff

Ā 

others no choice, we got a choice

Ā 

10 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

aim la, by then cannot then take 3 room lo

Ā 

take it for my retirement fund

rent out my house and stay JB or Bangkok

If want to rent out whole house, 4 rm can fetch better rental esp if location is good.

Ā 

My colleague rented out his whole 4 rm, eventually earned him enough money to buy a condo.

9 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

diff life styleĀ 

Ā 

quality of life diff

Ā 

others no choice, we got a choice

Ā 

No wonder everyone also must stay near to MRT with walking distance in less than 6 mins. Anything above that is far. If still need to take bus to MRT, it is consider super far.

The median income for a four-person family was S$114,425 in 2022. Yet a confluence of data now shows that with the rising costs of housing, child care and healthcare, the typical Singaporean family with this income is just getting by.

17 hours ago, Guest Chooi said:

The median income for a four-person family was S$114,425 in 2022. Yet a confluence of data now shows that with the rising costs of housing, child care and healthcare, the typical Singaporean family with this income is just getting by.

Actualy 10k household income is not a lot if you have many mouths to feed and many expenses to pay. Esp if you have kids. Kids expenses is not cheap now. You see these people good only. Maybe a single with an income of $5k can enjoy a better lifestyle since he only needs to support himself.

9 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

äø­å³‡é²äø€äøŖäŗ”ęˆæ式ē»„屋单位čæ‘ę—„仄158äø‡8000å…ƒč½¬ę‰‹ļ¼Œåˆ›äø‹ęœ¬åœ°ęœ€é«˜ēš„ē»„å±‹č½¬å”®ä»·ēŗŖå½•ć€‚

Thong bahru 1.58million 5 room

HDB resale going to $2mill soon.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.