Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

17 minutes ago, steelwings said:

technically speaking this statement is not correct. I m single. my bto is 3rm. ready in another few more years

In my opinion, you are referring to the family nuclear scheme, which includes you, your parents, and siblings. If you are an unmarried, widowed, or divorced individual Singaporean buying a flat with your parents, you and your family may apply for a flat from HDB (BTO).

I believe @thickhead79 is referring to single, widowed, or divorced individuals aged 35 and above buying a BTO flat on their own. They are currently only eligible for a 2-room Flexi flat in non-mature estates. However, starting from the second half of 2024, first-timer singles will be eligible to buy new 2-room Flexi flats in all locations across Standard, Plus, and Prime housing projects.

Hope the above clarifies all your doubts.

8 minutes ago, Swimfun said:

In my opinion, you are referring to the family nuclear scheme, which includes you, your parents, and siblings. If you are an unmarried, widowed, or divorced individual Singaporean buying a flat with your parents, you and your family may apply for a flat from HDB (BTO).

I believe @thickhead79 is referring to single, widowed, or divorced individuals aged 35 and above buying a BTO flat on their own. They are currently only eligible for a 2-room Flexi flat in non-mature estates. However, starting from the second half of 2024, first-timer singles will be eligible to buy new 2-room Flexi flats in all locations across Standard, Plus, and Prime housing projects.

Hope the above clarifies all your doubts.

I have no doubts. U repeated what I've stated below in my previous post.

28 minutes ago, steelwings said:

technically speaking this statement is not correct. I m single. my bto is 3rm. ready in another few more years

what I m really saying is, even if I m single that doesn't mean that my consideration is limited to only 2 rm bto.

so long as you enable your application to meet eligibility conditions, eg. form a family nucleus at point of submission, you can purchase flats larger than 2 rm 

The reason I highlighted the point about single don't have to limit your consideration to only 2 room BTO is what I am saying.

Beyond all technicalities, gay applicants often affixed to the idea that they could never consider a larger BTO, which is misleading. If you think outside the box, you CAN. 

Hope I've made it clear for you.

Guest long
On 3/20/2024 at 9:02 PM, Guest The future said:

If you were born and bred there, no harm finding a place familiar to you or closer to your love ones like family members, close friends...etc.   I think $465K is a deal for 5A room nowadays.   It is also a long term committment, and your plan ahead of time.  How do you see yourself living them in 5, 10, 15 or 20 years later?  What do you have in mind when given the layout of the flats.  Why do the owner wanted to move?  These are some questions you need to ask.

If you were born and bred 

Hi, anyone tried to sell the remaining lease back to HDB. My HDB is an old 3rooms HDB and I'm not sure whether I should sell the lease back to HDB when I turn 55.Wondering how much could we fetch from the deal?

10 minutes ago, yexben said:

Hi, anyone tried to sell the remaining lease back to HDB. My HDB is an old 3rooms HDB and I'm not sure whether I should sell the lease back to HDB when I turn 55.Wondering how much could we fetch from the deal?

U can only sell back at 65, the flat must cover u till 95 and still must have minimum 20 years left to sell back. 

2 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

U can only sell back at 65, the flat must cover u till 95 and still must have minimum 20 years left to sell back. 

ic, I thot 55years old. Thanks, anyway. 

I believe my hdb lease will still have more than 20years when I turn 65.

Wondering how much money would I get back from HDB?

4 minutes ago, yexben said:

ic, I thot 55years old. Thanks, anyway. 

I believe my hdb lease will still have more than 20years when I turn 65.

Wondering how much money would I get back from HDB?

I suggest u google for more info on this. 

Guest Misled Message
8 hours ago, steelwings said:

You are single, ALONE you cannot buy new BTO 3rm directly from HDB unless you buy together with your family members.  I hope your message did not try to confuse others.

Guest Base Line
8 hours ago, steelwings said:

Beyond all technicalities, gay applicants often affixed to the idea that they could never consider a larger BTO, which is misleading. If you think outside the box, you CAN. 

Hope I've made it clear for you.

The reason why gay wanted to apply BTO from HDB is because of budget and they didn't want to stay with family members.  This is the basis of disccusion here and not talking about forming a family neuleus household. 

Guest Ramp Up 2-room
43 minutes ago, yexben said:

Not very popular.  Many prefer to downgrade to 2-room shortlease BTO where it is new, easy to maintain and less of a hassle to "LEASE BACK" and get very little peacemeal payment in return. 

By leaving multiple Guests posts doesn’t make you any smarter, it just make you look kinda hopeless.

Again, you are repeating what Ive already stated but it’s ok. Can’t help it that you have difficulty to comprehend.

We’re not on the same wavelength. It’s fine. Whatever. Let’s move on. Don’t waste cyber space. 

I have better things to do also. Back to topic. 

10 hours ago, Guest Ramp Up 2-room said:

Not very popular.  Many prefer to downgrade to 2-room shortlease BTO where it is new, easy to maintain and less of a hassle to "LEASE BACK" and get very little peacemeal payment in return. 

Not an easy option for single, to qualify meaning at 35, u need to purchase a flat with at least 80 years lease balance and that is going to be super expensive. 

Guest guest
On 3/21/2024 at 11:35 PM, Swimfun said:

In my opinion, purchasing an HDB at a sky-high price can pose risks. It's essential to consider several factors, such as the remaining lease of the property, your intentions for the purchase, and whether you plan to sell it in the future. Remember, if you're buying at a premium, are you prepared for the possibility of selling at a loss later on (negative sales)?

A negative sale happens when your selling price is less than your outstanding mortgage loan and total CPF refund amount.

If you buy a longer lease HDB resale. i think the possibility of having negative sales should be lower as compared to an old HDB. Even though you might buy it at high price.

Guest guest
23 hours ago, yexben said:

Did you consider apply for the new 2 rm flat for the age 55 scheme?

Guest guest
23 hours ago, Guest Base Line said:

The reason why gay wanted to apply BTO from HDB is because of budget and they didn't want to stay with family members.  This is the basis of disccusion here and not talking about forming a family neuleus household. 

True, if alone and budget not a lot, it is still best to buy a new 2 rm BTO from HDB, since the price of the flat is not more than $200k which is still affordable. Buying a resale flat used up a lor of your CPF and also saving on the reno. As the price of a resale HDB at least mid $300k in current market now. 

Guest guest
12 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not an easy option for single, to qualify meaning at 35, u need to purchase a flat with at least 80 years lease balance and that is going to be super expensive. 

Agreed, getting a resale flat with at least 80 years lease balance, the price of the flat now is at least mid $400k even the location is not near to MRT. If want those near to MRT, the price is at least high $400k and above. Unless your salary is high and CPF has a lot of money. It drain out a lot of your money buying a over $400k plus and above HDB alone.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Did you consider apply for the new 2 rm flat for the age 55 scheme?

This is the least desired option, nice to say u buy a house but basically is just renting from HDB for 40 years with upfront full rental payment. Such flat cannot be rented out and cannot be resale. 

Guest guest
12 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

This is the least desired option, nice to say u buy a house but basically is just renting from HDB for 40 years with upfront full rental payment. Such flat cannot be rented out and cannot be resale. 

But if you are already reaching 55 year old, this is the only option to buy a 2 rm BTO. 

Even for some people below 55 year old also not eligible to buy a 2 rm under single scheme, due to the person might have  bought a resale HDB using subsides, and you are not eligible to buy a 2 rm BTO under single scheme and you can only buy another resale HDB or reached 55 year old and buy under the 55 year old 2 rm flex scheme.

13 hours ago, Guest guest said:

But if you are already reaching 55 year old, this is the only option to buy a 2 rm BTO. 

Even for some people below 55 year old also not eligible to buy a 2 rm under single scheme, due to the person might have  bought a resale HDB using subsides, and you are not eligible to buy a 2 rm BTO under single scheme and you can only buy another resale HDB or reached 55 year old and buy under the 55 year old 2 rm flex scheme.

Yes,  that is the last option,  after all if u take price for a senior 2 room about 80k and divide by 40 years, it works out to less than $200 per month,  at this price u can't even rent a utility room.   

Guest guest
34 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yes,  that is the last option,  after all if u take price for a senior 2 room about 80k and divide by 40 years, it works out to less than $200 per month,  at this price u can't even rent a utility room.   

That's why getting a brand new BTO is the best option and save lots of money.

On 3/22/2024 at 1:06 AM, steelwings said:

what I m really saying is, even if I m single that doesn't mean that my consideration is limited to only 2 rm bto.

so long as you enable your application to meet eligibility conditions, eg. form a family nucleus at point of submission, you can purchase flats larger than 2 rm 

Single buy bto 3 room??

U form your own govt is it lol

On 3/23/2024 at 8:59 AM, Guest guest said:

If you buy a longer lease HDB resale. i think the possibility of having negative sales should be lower as compared to an old HDB. Even though you might buy it at high price.

While a longer lease on an HDB resale flat might seem to have some advantages, it doesn't necessarily guarantee a lower possibility of negative sales. Using CPF for purchasing a property adds another layer of consideration, especially with the accrued interest. The 2.5% interest rate can indeed accumulate significantly over time, potentially impacting the overall return on investment, especially for higher-priced properties. It's essential for buyers to carefully assess their financial situation and long-term plans before committing to a property purchase, taking into account factors like CPF accrued interest and potential resale value.

45 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

Single buy bto 3 room??

U form your own govt is it lol

Thank you so much for proving my case of you writing without carefully using words appropriately. You apparently do not know SG government board well enough, already HDB is providing many variables for unmarried applicants (single) to work around the system so we would all be entitled to our citizen rights to BTO application beyond just 2 room flats for unmarried (single) applicants with their family members.

I've always preferred to have two bedrooms in my house so, naturally when the ideal location was announced I immediately send in my application for the launch. Together with my folks, whom I am used to living with, we applied for 3 room BTO.  We were fortunate to have gotten one.

Just to add, my approved application has only a singular Ownership, so we are not required to pay a levy. But that's for another story.

My intention was not to shame you but the fact is by using words loosely as you've done is really going to give out more incorrect notions. Just read back your post you'll know I was not exaggerating. OK, maybe, people who are already in this thread would be savvy enough to understand what you meant, but there could also be other younger readers who aren't as savvy. All I was saying is your statement is not correct, that's a fact, that's all. 

Bearing that in mind, allow me to assist further ▼

That vague statement you've made loosely w/o much consideration:

On 1/28/2024 at 10:50 PM, thickhead79 said:

single only resale allow, BTO only 2 room allow

Let me break it down for you:

By saying "single only resale allow" you had misled by saying if you are not married, you are only allowed to buy from resale. That's wrong. A unmarried person can consider BTO larger than 2 room, in case you do not know (you can refer back to multiple random posts above on how it can be done. I won't repeat.)  And oh, if you are going to add that this is a gay forum, we do not want to ever live with our parents/families, we need our gay space, that is the basis of discussion here, blah blah blah.. then read back, you didn't state that clearly. And, that was not what I was going at to begin with. Plus, I do not think all gay people do not want to live with family, there are some who gladly do.

"BTO only 2 room allow" is again not true. Unmarried, single (not singular applicant) applicants can consider 3 room, 4 room and 5 room, if you play by their rules. Think outside the box, be nice with your family, you can enjoy a larger living space, if you have the financial means to to that, of course.

On 3/22/2024 at 1:06 AM, steelwings said:

technically speaking this statement is not correct. I m single. my bto is 3rm. 

I meant I am not married, marital status is Single. To the brainless Guests, I did not say a singular person can apply or purchase a BTO.  HELLO!? Siao ah, read properly leh. Don't need me to explain the difference between being single and a singular applicant right? 

You can quote me but I won't reply liao. I just didn't expect some people to be that illiterate here. 

Byee

Talk alot. Very good. 

Argue all u want.

My statement nv change

Single only can buy BTO 2 room

Single Singapore Citizen Scheme and Joint Singles SchemeThus, Singapore citizens who are singles are able to purchase either new or resale flats, but when it comes to getting BTO, they face the limitation of being able to buy only 2-room Flexi BTO units (in all locations classified as Standard, Plus and Prime).

BTO Flat

A Build-To-Order (BTO) flat is priced lower than comparable resale flats in the same area, offering an affordable option for home buyers. Currently, singles with a monthly income of $7,000 and below can apply for a 2-room Flexi flat in a non-mature estate, with a full 99-year lease. Depending on their monthly income, they can get up to $40,000 in CPF housing grants.

Resale Flat

Single Singaporeans aged 35 and above can also buy an HDB resale flat. There is a wide choice of flats with varying leases across towns. There are no income ceiling restriction except if you decide to get an HDB housing loan and/ or apply for CPF housing grants of up to $80,000.

Guest guest
3 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

Talk alot. Very good. 

Argue all u want.

My statement nv change

Single only can buy BTO 2 room

Single Singapore Citizen Scheme and Joint Singles SchemeThus, Singapore citizens who are singles are able to purchase either new or resale flats, but when it comes to getting BTO, they face the limitation of being able to buy only 2-room Flexi BTO units (in all locations classified as Standard, Plus and Prime).

I would say single only can buy BTO 2 room if they do not form any family nucleus. 😂

Guest guest
3 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

BTO Flat

A Build-To-Order (BTO) flat is priced lower than comparable resale flats in the same area, offering an affordable option for home buyers. Currently, singles with a monthly income of $7,000 and below can apply for a 2-room Flexi flat in a non-mature estate, with a full 99-year lease. Depending on their monthly income, they can get up to $40,000 in CPF housing grants.

The demand for 2 rom BTO from singles are still quite strong even until now. It means many singles salary is $7k and below, which is quite unbelievable. Maybe most of the singles earning $7k and below are below 45 yr old?

15 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

The demand for 2 rom BTO from singles are still quite strong even until now. It means many singles salary is $7k and below, which is quite unbelievable. Maybe most of the singles earning $7k and below are below 45 yr old?

I earning below 7k. N below 45yo

What wrong 

14 hours ago, steelwings said:

Thank you so much for proving my case of you writing without carefully using words appropriately. You apparently do not know SG government board well enough, already HDB is providing many variables for unmarried applicants (single) to work around the system so we would all be entitled to our citizen rights to BTO application beyond just 2 room flats for unmarried (single) applicants with their family members.

I've always preferred to have two bedrooms in my house so, naturally when the ideal location was announced I immediately send in my application for the launch. Together with my folks, whom I am used to living with, we applied for 3 room BTO.  We were fortunate to have gotten one.

Just to add, my approved application has only a singular Ownership, so we are not required to pay a levy. But that's for another story.

My intention was not to shame you but the fact is by using words loosely as you've done is really going to give out more incorrect notions. Just read back your post you'll know I was not exaggerating. OK, maybe, people who are already in this thread would be savvy enough to understand what you meant, but there could also be other younger readers who aren't as savvy. All I was saying is your statement is not correct, that's a fact, that's all. 

Bearing that in mind, allow me to assist further ▼

That vague statement you've made loosely w/o much consideration:

Let me break it down for you:

By saying "single only resale allow" you had misled by saying if you are not married, you are only allowed to buy from resale. That's wrong. A unmarried person can consider BTO larger than 2 room, in case you do not know (you can refer back to multiple random posts above on how it can be done. I won't repeat.)  And oh, if you are going to add that this is a gay forum, we do not want to ever live with our parents/families, we need our gay space, that is the basis of discussion here, blah blah blah.. then read back, you didn't state that clearly. And, that was not what I was going at to begin with. Plus, I do not think all gay people do not want to live with family, there are some who gladly do.

"BTO only 2 room allow" is again not true. Unmarried, single (not singular applicant) applicants can consider 3 room, 4 room and 5 room, if you play by their rules. Think outside the box, be nice with your family, you can enjoy a larger living space, if you have the financial means to to that, of course.

I meant I am not married, marital status is Single. To the brainless Guests, I did not say a singular person can apply or purchase a BTO.  HELLO!? Siao ah, read properly leh. Don't need me to explain the difference between being single and a singular applicant right? 

You can quote me but I won't reply liao. I just didn't expect some people to be that illiterate here. 

Byee

If anyone is interested in nuclear family living, regardless of age group, there's no need to wait until 35 or older. Only single-core nuclear need to be 35 or above to be eligible for an HDB (to apply for a 2-room Flexi flat from HDB or buy a resale flat on the open market). Otherwise, the alternative would be private housing, but that's another separate topic.

I hope the generic information shared above helps everyone gain a clearer understanding of their financial options. Feel free to PM me if you need detailed advice and analysis on the best options available for you.

Guest Guest
On 3/24/2024 at 11:33 PM, thickhead79 said:

I earning below 7k. N below 45yo

What wrong 

I think nothing wrong but people always have this mindset that if you are in certain age range, your salary must be high or should reached a certain level. Due to you might have already work for 20 years or more or have studied.

Guest guest
14 hours ago, Swimfun said:

If anyone is interested in nuclear family living, regardless of age group, there's no need to wait until 35 or older. Only single-core nuclear need to be 35 or above to be eligible for an HDB (to apply for a 2-room Flexi flat from HDB or buy a resale flat on the open market). Otherwise, the alternative would be private housing, but that's another separate topic.

I hope the generic information shared above helps everyone gain a clearer understanding of their financial options. Feel free to PM me if you need detailed advice and analysis on the best options available for you.

If a person wants to buy private, no need to wait until 35. Only if you want to buy a 2 rm BTO or resale HDB then have to wait until 35.

I know people who have not reach 35 already can afford to buy a private condo. Youngsters nowadays really rich.

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I think nothing wrong but people always have this mindset that if you are in certain age range, your salary must be high or should reached a certain level. Due to you might have already work for 20 years or more or have studied.

Enjoy Yr life

We not living for anyone 

Another week, another resale record.

A 4-room flat in Toa Payoh was recently sold for a whopping $1.15m — $49,000 higher than the previous record held by another 4-room flat in the same estate.

According to resale data from the Housing Board, the unit at Block 131B Toa Payoh Lorong 1 is situated between the 16th and 18th storeys.

The sale of the 93 sqm flat at Toa Payoh Crest was registered in March.

According to HDB, this unit's lease commenced in 2018 and still has 93 years and six months remaining.

Guest guest
21 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

A 4-room flat in Toa Payoh was recently sold for a whopping $1.15m — $49,000 higher than the previous record held by another 4-room flat in the same estate.

According to resale data from the Housing Board, the unit at Block 131B Toa Payoh Lorong 1 is situated between the 16th and 18th storeys.

According to HDB, this unit's lease commenced in 2018 and still has 93 years and six months remaining.

The resale 4 rm at Toa Payoh Crest all sell at least $1m. This cluster flats have gold in them.

Guest guest
13 minutes ago, Guest plo9 said:

by the way for 3-room hdb , next month in april, the utilities bill got u-save rebate?

It apply to 3 room. Did you get the rebate in Jan?

47 minutes ago, Guest plo9 said:

by the way for 3-room hdb , next month in april, the utilities bill got u-save rebate?

GST Voucher (GSTV) – U-Save

• $220 to $380 in GSTV – U-Save for eligible HDB households
  • Will be credited in January, April, July and October

Guest Easily_Excited

Glad to chance upon this thread, would like to know how do you design your 2room flat? Able to show good photos of your room or living room for some inspirations?

I'm so excited but this is going to be a 4 (long) years wait, and can't wait to have personal private moment with hot cuties.

House rule: only underwear allowed 😏

Guest Possible?
On 3/25/2024 at 11:47 PM, thickhead79 said:

I am waiting for my 3-room old HDB to hit $1m.  Everything is possible nowadays when our cost of living began to run out of wack.

Guest Excited for nothing
10 minutes ago, Guest Easily_Excited said:

Glad to chance upon this thread, would like to know how do you design your 2room flat? I'm so excited but this is going to be a 4 (long) years wait, and can't wait to have personal private moment with hot cuties.

You have 4 years of waiting time. Don't you think it is too early to plan for anything now?  Besides, don't expect your house to be roomy for hot cuties and make sure your window is not facing an opposite block with just your underwear only. 

Guest Easily_Excited
9 hours ago, Guest Excited for nothing said:

You have 4 years of waiting time. Don't you think it is too early to plan for anything now?  Besides, don't expect your house to be roomy for hot cuties and make sure your window is not facing an opposite block with just your underwear only. 

Better to plan early when I have time now as I see many home owners like my cousins having regrets doing and not doing certain things, but theirs are 3 or 5room bto so is different

I'm not organising orgies. 48sqm with 1 bedroom and 1 mini room for 2pax private time - bigger than our hotel room stay. Thanks will install curtains hahhaa. I just want to make him feel relax and also remember me 😉 to invite hot cutie to your house is every gay's man dream!

Guest guest
10 hours ago, Guest Easily_Excited said:

Glad to chance upon this thread, would like to know how do you design your 2room flat? Able to show good photos of your room or living room for some inspirations?

I'm so excited but this is going to be a 4 (long) years wait, and can't wait to have personal private moment with hot cuties.

Engage an ID to design the house for you. Your BTO needs to wait for 4 years? Consider a bit long. Thought now they promise most BTO only need to wait around 3 years. Your BTO cluster must be quite big and level quite high, that's why need to wait 4 years.

Guest guest
10 hours ago, Guest Possible? said:

I am waiting for my 3-room old HDB to hit $1m.  Everything is possible nowadays when our cost of living began to run out of wack.

Your 3 room how old? Must be some good location then can be possible to hit millions.

Guest guest
14 minutes ago, Guest Easily_Excited said:

Better to plan early when I have time now as I see many home owners like my cousins having regrets doing and not doing certain things, but theirs are 3 or 5room bto so is different

I'm not organising orgies. 48sqm with 1 bedroom and 1 mini room for 2pax private time - bigger than our hotel room stay. Thanks will install curtains hahhaa. I just want to make him feel relax and also remember me 😉 to invite hot cutie to your house is every gay's man dream!

Those people who doing and not doing certain things usually they have budget constraints, so need to give up on doing certain things. If the person has money to spend, usually would do all the things they like to do.

New BTO confirmed need to install curtains or blinds, and remember to draw them up esp at night. As majority of the BTO now is facing another blk living room and bedroom, or some even facing the opposite blk common corridor. Will have risk that people can see directly into your house. I would say the new BTO design lack of privacy.

Guest Peeping Tom
2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I would say the new BTO design lack of privacy.

Most BTO residents don't need a binocular to see other people living or bed rooms.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.