Male HQ

Nic The Masseur @ Shunfu

chubby, if he is home based and serious about his craft and is genuine, you can request to Hendry to get him listed.

So far you have been doing a great job in promoting him. Kudos. But do be a little more detailed. The venue. With proper massage bed? Was he from other massage joints prior to this?

google areanpull

• 2 weeks later...

I tried his masage skills average so so lah-give him rating 5/10

--

Dear "louis"

I know you are helping a particular masseur publicise his service. We are supportive of such activities and welcome all masseurs to publicise their services to our Blowing Wind readers. But do observe our guidelines and don't go overboard. Don't resort to manipulative techniques (you know what I mean).

Also please refrain from starting "wars" by giving such sweeping statements targeting at competing masseurs. If you really have constructive comments for him to improve his service, I suggest you PM him/"his friend" directly. Hitting him so indirect and NOT declaring your vested interest is very un-gentleman and quite bad taste.

Hendry Tan

PS : For the record, Nic still has room for improvement but I think he is sincere and does a reasonably good massage.

Guest massage your dollar's worth

there are a lot of lesser known masseurs, some not publicised at all, perhaps to not overwork themselves, or make themselves the bull's eye of gay bitchings, of which is highly prevalent in this forum.

nic has been doing massage for many years, but part time mainly as he has a full time job. he is professionally trained and serves a close circle of clients, keeping a low profile is key to him.

dear readers, if you think that the in-house massage scene is made up of those advertised or mentioned in gay forums like this, you must be so mistaken. there are many many out there who don't rely on such publicity as they have been silently providing superior service and to maintains a steady pool of regulars (some do not even take new customers anymore). and some of these silent workers are very cute uncles and/or with superior skills that would be an insult to even commented upon by some of the loose-mouthed, hair-brained forumers here.

ok, so i digress from my review on nic.

nic is a pleasant chap. he is soft spoken, humble and down to earth with his clients. i am sure many of his clients could attest to that. his house is tidy, spartan, clean, and has a peaceful aura, perhaps because of the buddhist altar in his house. nic has a dedicated massage room, replete with massage bed, clean towels and mood music. so on the facilities front, he is highly professional.

the moment i sprawl myself on the massage bed, he dutifully covered me up with two large towels (at least he does not stinge with clean, sun-dried towels). not an inch of me was exposed. he then proceeded to work on me, constantly checking with me if the strength level was pleasing (as I was a first timer).

nic has at least been practising massage, on and off, for close to 10 years. he is definitely not the best in town, but he has good strength (particularly if you are a fan of pain). his strokes may not always strike the acupoints to give you the gratifying sore, but you could tell he devotes a high level of concentration to his craft.

he does not take phone calls, neither make meaningless small talk, and reads his clients well. his service attitude is great, although he could do away with less shyness.

i believe if he does massage full time for a while, he could be a crowd pleaser soon, given his accessible location, reasonable price and good strength. so give him a try if you are in the amk/bishan/toa payoh/upper thomson vicinity, he is relatively easy to book in the evenings.

now for the ratings out of *****

hygience factor ****

skills ***

service attitude ****

overall rating ***1/2

PS: if you know him well, he does have quite a bit of gay culture to share. find out for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

went to patronize Nic for the second time last night,

it was a relaxing massage, he asked if you wanted the massage on bed or mattress but since the mattress does not have a hole to place your head,

i opt for the bed as i had some bad experiences with massage on the mattress,

he does shiatsu for the first round and proceeded with kneading with oil,

he keep asking if you are okay with the strength, and engaged in small chats at times but if you keep silent, he will not bother you with endless chattering like some masseurs which i have been to, quite sensitive and thoughtful to the clients,

when doing the front part, he ask if you feel cold and turn down the aircon so that you will not catch a chill,

after when it is all over, he will cover you with the towel and let you rest for a while and leave the room,

you can take a short rest before getting dressed and go out,

then he will offer you hot/warm tea and chat with you if you are not in a hurry to rush off but as i feel shy and leave immediately after finishing my tea and paid him for his good if not excellent massage services,

well just my 2 cents worth of comment, some might like it some might not, but you have to try it for yourself and judge for yourself,

will definitely go and let him relieve my muscle aches and stress in my body

All the various observations and feedback on Nic are fairly accurate so I won't go over them again.

Nic, apparently has physio therapy exposure and has worked with spastics before. That explains his touch on sore muscular points. While he may not be able to erradicate chronic aches immediately he is able to make them less achy.

His offer of non-caffeine herbal teas is also a nice touch to the other things such as covering one's body with a towel and ensuring that you are comfortable either lying on the tatami mattress or the massage bed.

His easy going manner and good command of English and Chinese (and some Thai) makes the session a pleasant one.

:thumb:

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_guest
there are a lot of lesser known masseurs, some not publicised at all, perhaps to not overwork themselves, or make themselves the bull's eye of gay bitchings, of which is highly prevalent in this forum.

------------------------------

now for the ratings out of *****

hygience factor ****

skills ***

service attitude ****

overall rating ***1/2

PS: if you know him well, he does have quite a bit of gay culture to share. find out for yourself.

hi i heard nic is working full time now...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally had my 2nd massage from Nic after 2 months and my first massage session of 2008! Nic had obviously improved alot over the 2 months. U guys out there must have gave him good practise :P

What i really enjoyed most of Nic's massage is his shiatsu. His palm pressing is very firm, strong and in a smooth order. For a desk-bound office boy like me, my shoulders and neck feel aching from time to time. Nic's strong massage totally loosen those knots at my shoulder area. After the shiatsu, he moved on to the swedish style which is good as the previous time. After the massage ended, warm tea is served.

All in all, Nic is one of the more skillfull masseurs i've tried so far (trust me, i've tried alot of those in the HML list...). I will definitely regard his skills level as good as Uncle Paul, Uncle Terry and Eric (formerly from Diamond). :thumb:

P.S. Nic was asking me to help him convey his thanks to the many supporters from BW and apologize to those who he can't take in due to his packed schedule.

Koh Samui, I need u...

• 2 weeks later...

wen to nic last night, as i did not go for massage for quite some time and the stress and pressures of life is building up,

as what other people have describe, his skills keep improving if you try him more than once, everytime he gets better

maybe it is really due to him, improving on his technique or as he get in tune with your body to know where he should use more strength and where he should use less strength

it is quite subjective,

i woke up this morning feeling refreshed but i overslept and had to rush to work in a cab, but i was glad i tried his massage and i would recommend people who want to try home based masseurs that he is one of those whose skills are worth recommending and well worth your money,

will try him this weekend if i can find time,

pls share your experiences after you try him

Guest Happy Client

Those who has had served by Nic before would have agreed with the above field reports of him as a professional masseur providing an excellent service to his client. I must say Nic's skill may not be the best but his demure stature, pleasant & attractive sweet cutie smile, attentiveness, gentle care and consideration to the client's need has won me over my repeated visits. I thoroughly enjoy his service. There is a great feeling of relaxation at his cozy ambient home environment. You can sniffs and smells the aromatherapy fragrance drifting along the corridor even before you could reach his house. In fact, I was wow by the way he manages between clients to avoid back to back service which I think is very thoughful of him so that he can provide quality,leisurely slow pace service instead of hush hush manners.

I'm writing not to promote or advertise about Nic but I thought that for such a rare service provider where we can find nowadays, do indeed deserve some form of due recognitions. My salute to you Nic. Keep up the good works.

In these days where the prices of most things have either gone up more than the 2% rise in GST or portions reduced or worse, both, some services such as the massage provided by Nic (and some others) are still similarly priced and no effort reduced. Nic is a nice guy, accommodating, does not rush and keeps a relatively clean massage room, which makes the massage experience a welcome one. I have been going to him for some time now and it's always a pleasure to do so.

price did not go up becos there is no gst needed for their services for turnover is less than 1 million

ah, but every one of us, whether in business or not are affected by the GST increase... one pays more for the shampoo, massage oil, detergent to wash those towels, water and power bills... etc etc etc... so a masseur's expenses do go up.

Guest Doubtful

I've been serviced by Nic once and his skill is just so-so, below average. Nothing is so fantastic about him and there's no reason to over-rated Nic to a 'sky'. Believes someone is behind the hidden agenda to promote Nic apparently for some reasons.

No hard feeling, Nic.

Hi Everyone,

Nick want to say thank you to all that supported him.

He hope everyone who has been to him enjoy the massage.

He welcome suggestion to improve on his service and he will try his best to

customer satisfication and value for money services.

I personally feel his skill has been improving a lot

Some of the members had testified it.

So no need for him to act as an unregister guest to have any hidden agenda or self promoting as someone think so.

It's tough isn't it? When we share a good experience we are accused of having a hidden agenda. When we pan someone for lousy services, we are also accused of having a hidden agenda. Readers here can take the comments or ignore them, it's a free world and everyone has different opinions. What's this forum for anyway but to share one's experiences and opinions. There's no need to fight over them. Acceptance of the fact that differences will always exist is more important. That said, I will not hesitate to give Nic a lousy report if he should one day slacken or cut back on his usual attention. And I am saying all this openly.

Hi everyone, :D

I am Nic, the bodywork therapist. :P

I like to take this opportunity here to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I would like to make an announcement that I will be taking a short break for my bodywork services during the 1st day of Chinese new year to the 15th day.

Once again, I like to thank all the supporters who have tried and enjoy my massage And I do sincerely hope u have benefits from the bodywork therapy.

:thumb: ;) :clap:

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, :P:P

Once again,i would like to express my sincere thanks to all supporters who have tried and enjoys my massage.At the same time also apologise to those who find it hard to make an appointment at times.

For your kind understanding, i would like to explain that my appointment runs on a first come first serve basis,and usually i dont take appointments on back to back basis,which allows ample time for clients to rest and relax and also at the same time enjoys the full benenfits of a massage done in a not rushing manners.

It is indeed my pleasure and passion that i am able offer my massage service, and also striving to improve on my technique and service. In order to serve you better,clients can now have a choice of three different type of hebal tea to choose from.

1. Rooibos tea- is an south african root tea which is high in anti-oxidants,caffeine free,no additives or preservative ,pure root tea.

2. Jasmin green tea- high in polyphenols,which are a class of bioflavonoids use for fighting against free radicals

3. Chamomile tea- an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic tea which has a calming and soothing effects.

Thank you.. :rolleyes: nic the bodytherapist

Guest guest

Gone to nic last week, I like his massage when he starts pressing my back before putting the oil. It was ready very nice because I have backache problem. He is nice and not rushing and even exceeded his one and the half hours. Back home I have a good night sleep. Thanks Nic

Guest Massage King
Hi Everyone,

Nick want to say thank you to all that supported him.

He hope everyone who has been to him enjoy the massage.

He welcome suggestion to improve on his service and he will try his best to

customer satisfication and value for money services.

I personally feel his skill has been improving a lot

Some of the members had testified it.

So no need for him to act as an unregister guest to have any hidden agenda or self promoting as someone think so.

can describe Nic.... bcos i heard too Nic in the massage world, thanks :rolleyes:

Hi again everyone, :D

Im Nic the bodytherapist,i would like to share with everyone and contribute some writeout on what shiatsu is all about.

What is SHIATSU

SHIATSU means 'finger pressure' in japanese.It is a system of massage therapy developed in Japan from traditional remedial massage (amma) acupressure (tsubo therapy) and excercise technique. The pressure is often very firm and affects the internal organs as well as the muscles and joints Its exact origins are abscure but it has evolved into its present form over the past hundred years. Its popularity today stems from a revival of interest fifty years ago, about the time of the beginnings of the 'modern medicine that we know today. Since 1964, SHIATSU has been a recognised paramedical specialty in japan,where it is used as an adjunct to medical science.

How does SHIATSU works?

The SHIATSU therapist checks and regulates the flow of ki at each point in the course of treatment,reducing stagnation.This resulting in improving circulation of ki and enables the body's functional system to work in a more co-ordinated and supportive manner.

There are further direct effects on the endocrine system,including the pituitary glands, which helps regulate the hormone balance.SHIATSU has a strong effect on the autonomic nervous system,which is responsible for controlling and regulating the 'houskeeping' functions of the internal organs

The unique sensation experienced with SHIATSU are in effect feedback signals to the brain stem and other brain structures that have a profound effects on posture,vital functions and pain perception.

What is the difference between SHIATSU and acupressure?

There is a great deal of confusion surrounding the words SHIATSU and acupressure,many mistaken belief that SHIATSU is simply the application of pressure to acupuncture points. Likewise some of the first Japanese SHIATSU therapist works in English-speaking countries called their work 'acupressure' because they felt that westerners would not know what SHIATSU is.

SHIATSU certainly makes use of the points of acupuncture, but is not limited to them. Many SHIATSU points are at muscle knots and weakness tend to occur. Some points are associated with the nervous system,and you may feel a tingling or 'pin and needles' sensation when they are pressed..

To be continue...happy reading :P:P:P

Nic the bodytherapist.

Hi again everyone :rolleyes:

Continue again on my writeout about SHIATSU therapy.

What particular conditions is SHIATSU good for?

SHIATSU is particularly effect for people with allergy and intolerance and especially for those with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,it strengthen the body's immune system and increase energy levels.Similar to other forms of Oriental medicine,Shiatsu is based on the concept of flow or energy (chi, or ki) around the body through channel called Meridiens.Health and healing process are impaired if the circulation of this energy through the body becomes stagnant or blocked.The word 'Shiatsu' translates as finger pressure however a shiatsu therapist uses thumbs. palms,forearms,elbow, knees or feet, applying 90 degree pressure to restore the flow of energy, to bring about balance,well-being and a state of deep relaxation.

There are different 'schools' or styles of Shiatsu..

1. Classical / Ohashi

Includes Amma technique and Ohashiatsu.Awareness of Ki and Chinese meridians.

2. Nippon / Namikoshi

Based on muscular-skeletal system and tsubo therapy (pressure point). No reference to ki or meridians

3. Zen / Masunaga

Shizuto Masunaga, a psychologist by training, includes psychological,emotional & spiritual aspects of energy imbalance. Stresses Zen philosophy & Oriental medicine.

4. Barefoot/ Macrobiotic

Shizuko Yamamoto,includes use of feet & Macrobiotic dietary principles.

5. Ampuku /Hara Therapy

Shiatsu on abdomen, Good for general well-being, chronic fatigue, good digestion, relaxation and a more satisfying sex life.hehe :twisted:

6. Shiatsu Pulsing

Philosophy of softness, gentleness & rhythm. Ideal for children, elderly and the frail,those recovering from trauma,shock,serious illness etc..

7. Katsusuke Serizawa

Pioneered in the tsubo or point therapy.Focused research mainly on the nature and effects of working on the Tsubo(point therapy)

Basically im trained on two different technique. Nippon/Namikoshi and Zen/Masunaga style of shaitsu and also barefoot shiatsu.

Thank you

Nic the bodytherapist :D

Hi again

Forgotten to mention,special request can be made if anyone is interested in doing the Ampuku/hara therapy.It is a therapy by itself.there are specific technique involves to palpate on the hara (abdominal area) chinese called tan-tian,there various tsubo (pressure points) on the abdominal area,by working on this area can help to strengthen the chi flow and boost energy level whereby it can help to strenghten the stamina and improve sex life..Hehe. :twisted:

Thank you

Nic the bodytherapist :twisted:

Guest -Hands Of Light-

Hi again everyone and fellow bw's :rolleyes:

I like to inform everyone and fellow's bw's that i will be using this nick "Hands Of Light" as from today onwards.

As and when i will also be sharing and contributing some interesting topics regarding bodywork's therapy and other alternative therapy,at the same time i also welcome anyone to also share their comments, views or any interesting topics.

Of course i will be most willing to share with anyone in regards to healthy lifestyle, cooking simple healthly meals,and other interesting topic's.

Thank you nic the bodytherapist :P:P:P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest -Hands Of Light-

Hi again everyone and fellow's bw'ers :rolleyes:

Thank you for your posting and interest to know about my location and stats,im sure some of my early posting have stated the location,stats and reviews about me. Just scroll thru the entire posting slowly,im sure your will be able to find most of the informations with regards to that.

In the meantime, i would like to inform all supporters and fellow bw'er that i will be going away for a short holiday from 3rd april until 7th april 08. Looking forward to be of service and thanks for your supports once again.Cheers :thumb:

Regards..Nic the bodytherapist :):):)

Guest -Hands Of Light-

Hi everyone and fellows bw'ers :B)

I would like to share with everyone an interesting topic,which talks about :-

The Gift of Healing

The gift of healing rests within everyone.xx is not a gift given only to a few.xx is your birthright as much as it is mine.Everyone can receive healing,and everyone can learn to heal.Everyone can give healing to themsleves and to others.

You already give yourself healing, even though you may not call it that. What is the first thing you do when you hurt yourself? You usually touch the hurt part of your body. You may even grab it to help stop the pain. This physical instinct also sends healing energy to the hurt part. If you relax and keep your hands on the injury longer than you normally would, you will find an even deeper healing taking place. Every mother touches, holds, kisses, or caresses her children when they are in pain. She does the same for her other loved ones. If you take these simple reactions and begin to study them, you will find that when you touch someone whom you love very much, there will be a stronger effect than if you are touching someone you dont know. Most likely you have given your touch a special essence, the essence of the love you have for that person. You see you knew healing all the time but were unaware of it.

When you are joyful, happy,energized, or in many other kind of good mood, your touch will be more pleasant to others than when you are in a bad mood.The energy within a bad mood touch is not the same as that within a joyous one. How you are in any give moment is expressed through your energy. When you learn to regulate your moods and therefore the nature of your energy and your energy flow,you will soon be using your energy for healing. That is what healer do. They simply learn to perceive and regulate their energy in order to utilize it for healing.

These personal everyday experiences, which I'm sure have taken place since we were cave dwellers, have grown into the basis of laying on of hands healing. It has been around as long as there have been human beings. The ancients were aware of healing power coming from hands. Each culture explored and utilized this power from within the framework of it knowledge and traditions.Each and every cultures over the face of the globe,each of which has its own name to refer to the healing or life energy fields. Life energy fields have been known in China and India for over five thousand years.

I call the life energy that surround and interpenetrates everything the universal energy field.I call the life energy associated with human being the human energy field.xx is more commonly know as the human aura.

To be continue..... :twisted:

Nic the bodytherapist :P

Guest Guest

ai yo hands of light or nic,u are so knowledgeable,

since u know about energy so much,u may also know the 7 main chakras of our human body,

care to share more on this?

Guest -Hands Of Light-

Hi there :whistle:

Dear guest,thanks for your response to my topic on the gift of healing,and the comment,it is just my interest and passion,that i do a lots of reading on subjects with regards to the different types of bodyworks therapies. i just like to share with everyone and fellow bw'ers,so that everyone can have a better understanding about it.

I will touch on that topic,in my next few posting,my next coming topic i will cover on, is on the auras (enegy field) before going on to the topic on the charkras..Please be patient and stay tune, i will indeed continue to post interesting topic on my next posting.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Nic the bodytherapist

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hands Of Light

Hi Greetings to all fellow's bw'ers :B)

Once again i would like to share an intereting quote from a book called Hands Of Light - A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field.

Love is the face and body of the Universe. It is the connective tissue of the universe, the stuff of which we are made. Love is the experience of being whole and connected to Universal Divinity.

All suffering is caused by the illusion of seperateness,which generates fear and self-hatred, which eventually causes illness.

You are the master of your life. You can do much more than you thought you could, including cure yourself of a terminal illness.

The only real "terminal illness" is simply being human. And being human is not "terminal" at all, because death is simply transition to another level of being.

I would like to encourage you to step out of the normal "bounds" of your life and to begin seeing yourself differently. I want to encourage you to live your life at the cutting edge of time, allowing yourself to be born into a new life every minute

I want to encourage you to allow your life experience to be lightly dusted with form. :B)

I would like to continue on my topic on The Human Energy Field or Human Aura.

The Human Energy Field is the manifestation of universal energy that is intimately involved with human life. It can be described as a luminous body that surrounds and interpenetrates the physical body, emits it own characteristic radiation and usually call the "aura" The aura is that part of the Universal Energy Field associated with objects. The human aura or Human Energy Field is the part of the universal energy field associated with the human body. Based on observation and research,auras are divide into several layers. These layers are some times called bodies, and they interpenetrate and surround each other in successive layers. Each succeeding body is compose of finer substances and higher "vibration" than the body that it surrounds and interpenetrates.

Basacially there are Seven Layers of the Auric field,each of the seven layers is associated with a chakras,total of seven chakra. Each layer appears different and has its own particular function. Each layer of the aura is associated with a chakra. That is,the first layer is associated with the first chakra, and the second with the second chakra, and so on..

Chakras

In the etheric body are seven energy centres which also have their astral conterparts. These are called chakras, which means a wheel or revolving disk. They appear to be rapidly rotating circular shaped vortices of energy or subtle matter. The chakras are points of energy transformation, absorbinng, and filtering distributing vitality to the ehteric as well as the physical body. As the chakras are stimulated and opened they transform energy frequencies, bringing into physical consciousness the inherent qualities associated with each one This results in different behaviours, different states of health, and different levels of awareness or consciousness.

There is a central energy channel running up the subtle body connecting all the chakras from the first to the seventh or crown chakra. This is called the sushumna. This channel roughly corresponds to the spinal column in the physical body. Along the left side of the sushumna is a channel of feminine, or moon energy called the ida,receptive in nature. To the right of the sushumna is the pingala,a channel of masculine, more outward sun energy

Notice that all bodies have masculine and feminine energies in them. This refers to the naturally circular flow of energy that both receives as well as manifest

This does not refer to your masculinity of femininity which are by and large social labels attached to certain forms of behaviour.

By working directly with the ida, pingala, sushumna and chakras, by affecting them we immediately affect the entire physical, mental and emotional bodies. Most illness and other problems are the result of some blockage or imbalance of the chakras, the male/female energy flow or the central cord of energy. As you become more aware, you can see or sense where the imbalances lie and correct them.

To be continue...

Nic the bodytherapist <_<

Guest Hands Of Light

Hi, Greetings to all fellow bw'ers :rolleyes:

Today i like to share a topic on the different Types of Health-Care Professionals

Holistic Physicians

What they do: Holistic physicians are medical doctors who practice some type of natural therapy, such as homeopathy, acupuncture, nutrition, or other speciality. Holistic physicians assume that all aspects of life create and comprise a total state of health. They analyze nutritional, emotional, enviromental, spiritual and life-style values of the client to treat the individual rather than the diseases. The treatment usually consists of several procedures, each appropriate to a different aspect of the client's life. The goal is to achieve a fuller, more unified sense of well-being. A holistic physician forms a cooperative relationship with the client and assists him or her in the process of self healing. The client learns that self-responsibility for health plays an essential role in the healing process.

Naturopathic Doctors

What they do: The scope of a naturopathic doctor's practice includes all aspects of family care from natural childbirth through geriatrics. These physicians are trained in natural medicine. Training involves four years of postgraduate study, including two years of medical sciences and a diversity of natural therapies. The therapies studied include herbal medicine, hydrotherapy and manipulation, with specialty areas of natural childbirth, homeopathy, and acupuncture.

Osteopathic Doctors

What they do: This discipline was begun by Andrew Still in the late 1800s to teach bone manipulation to promote natural healing. Osteopathy helps the body to stimulate and restore its own immune system and is very effective in treating many atuoimmune disorders such as arthritis. These doctors use a system of healing that emphasizes realignment of the body throught manipulation to correct faulty structure and function. They specialize in manipulating muscles and joints to treat problems. Doctors of osteopathy are fully trained and licensed according to the same standards as MDs and receive additional extensive training in the body's structure and function.

Doctors of Chropractic

What they do: Doctors of chiropractic specialize in the manipulation and adjustment of the spinal column. This discipline was begun in 1895 by Daniel Palmer and is based on the theory of spinal subluxation to support natural health. Chiropractor analyze and correct vertebral spinal nerve interferences which can be the result of physicla trauma, interference during birth process, mental stress, faulty nutrition, or poor posture.

Nutritionists

What they do: Nutritionists use diet as therapy. They determine a patient's individual nutritional requirements as well as whether he or she has food allergies. Nutritionists then provide specific dietary guidelines and food supplements, such as vitamins and minerals, to be taken at regular intervals over a long period of time in the maintenance of health and treatment of disease. Many commom conditions can be treated effectively by dietary measures.

Homeopaths

What they do: Homeopathy was begun in Germany by Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1845) and established as a major health-care pharmaceutical science that utilizes substances from the plants, minerals, and animal kingdoms and is based on the premise that these naturally occurring substances can cure disease symptoms similar to those they produce if taken in overdose. Each medicine is individually prescribed according to how it stimulates the immune and defense systems of the sick person. Sometimes it is called the royal medicine.

Acupuncturists

What they do:Acupuncture is considered as a form of health maintenace that stimulates the body's ability to sustain and balance itself. It is based on the theory that an electromagnetic life-force (chi) is channeled in its continuous flow throughout the body by a network of "meridians". Needles are inserted at specific points along the meridians to stimulate or disperse the flow of life-force (Chi) in order to correct an imbalance. Acupuncutre treatment does not employ a standardized system of correlations between particular diseases and techniques but treats each individual as unique.

Structural Bodyworkers

What they do: They use a technique of stectching and moving the connective tissue (fascia) in order to lengthen and balance the body along its natural vertical axis. Distortions of the connective tissue may be caused by reaction and compensation due to accidents, emotional tensions, past traumas, or patterns of movement influenced by early childhood conditions. A complete treatment consists of ten sessions progressing from superficial areas of constriction to overall reorganization of larger body segments.

Massage Therapists

What they do: Massage therapy has been used since the time of Hippocrates in the fourth century B.C. The basic philiosophy of massage is to manipulate soft tissues to enhance the body's tendency to heal itself. It consists of physical methods that include applying fixed or movable pressure, holding and moving parts of the body.As time evolves, many differents types and style of therapy also starts to evolve.

Cheers :P

Nic the bodytherapist

Guest Hands Of Light

Hi again :P

Sorrie, left out two more different type of Health-care professional. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Psychotherapists

What they do: Psychotherapists work with clients' emotional makeup, as disturbed by childhood trauma and other causes. Some deal with such problems in relation to the mind-body connection. They are known as body psychotherapists.

Healers

What they do: Healers work either by touching or by not touching the body to balance and charge the auric field. They channel healing energy into clients to bring either full or partial healing to any part of the body.

Cheers :P:P:P

Nic the bodytherapist

Guest Hands Of Light

Hi again, Greeting to all fellow's bw'ers :whistle:

Once again i like to continue on my topic on The Chakras.

Chakra is the Sanskrit word for "wheel", chakras look much more like vortices, or funnels of energy. They exist on each of the seven levels of the energy field. Chakras function as intake organs for energy from the universal life energy field,which we can also call the universal health field all around us. The energy taken in and metabolized throught each chakra is sent to the parts of the body,located in the major nerve plexus area closest to each. This energy is very important for the healthy functioning of the auric field and the physical body. In eastern tradition that energy is called the prana, or the ch'i. If a chakras stops functioning properly, the intake of energy will be disturbed. This means that the body organs served by that chakra will not get their needed supply. If chakra dysfunction continues, normal functioning of the organs and other body parts in that particular area will be disrupted. That part of the body will weaken, as will its immune defenses, and eventually disease will occur in that part of the body.

There are seven major chakras. Each funnel has its wider opening on the outside of our body, about six inches in diameter, one inch from the body. The small tip is inside our body near the spine. The vertical power current lies throught the center line of the body. It is the large channel of energy into which all the chakras release the energy they take in from the universal life or health field all around us. The energy from all the chakras laces up and down throught the vertical power current. Each color is woven together, somewhat like a rope made of beautiful pulsating light of colors. The vertical power current is about one inch wide in most people. However, in healers who have lifted to a high altered state of consciousness to heal, it can become as large as six inches in diameter.

The seven major chakras are located near the major nerve plexuses of the body. The first chakra is located between the legs. Its fine tip seats right into the sacral-coccyx joint. It is associated with the kinesthetic (sense of body position), proprioceptive (sense of body movement), and tactile (touch) senses. It is related to our will to live and supplies the body with physical vitality. It supplies energy to the spinal column, the adrenals, and the kidneys.

The second chakras is located just above the pubic bone on the front and back of the body. Its tip seats directly into the center of the sacrum, through which we sense emotions. It is releated to our sensuality and sexuality. It supplies our sexual organs and our immune system with lots of energy.

The third chakra is located in the solar plexus area on the front and back of the body. Its fine tip seats directly into the diaphragmatic hinge, between thoracic vertebra twelve (t-12) and lumbar vetebra one (L-1). It supplies the organs in this area of the body, the stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas, spleen, and nervous system-with energy. It is associated with our intuition. It is related to who we are in the universe, how we connect to others, and how we take care of ourselves.

The fourth chakra, in the heart area, is related to love and will. Through it we sense love. The front aspect is related to love, the rear aspect to will. To keep this chakra functioning well, we live with a balance of love and will. Its fine tip seats into t-5. It brings energy to our heart , circulatory system, thymus, vagus nerve, and upper back.

The fifth chakra is located in the front and back of the throat. It is associated with the senses of hearing, tasting, and smelling. Its fine tip seats into cervical vertebra three (t-3). It supplies energy to the thyroid, the bronchi, lungs, and alimentary canal. It is related to giving and receiving and speaking our truth.

The sixth chakra is located on the forehead and the back of the head. Its tip seats into the center of the head. It supplies energy to our pituitary, lower brain, left eye , ears, nose , and nervous system. It is associated with the sense of sight. The front part of the chakra is related to conceptual understanding. The back part is related to carrying out our ideas in a step-by-step process to accomplish them.

The seventh chakra is located at the top of the head. Its fine tip seats into the middle of the top of the head. It supplies energy to our upper brain and our right eye. It is associated with the experience of direct knowing. It is related to the integration of personality with spirituality.

In general, the front aspects of the chakras correlate to our emotional functioning, the back to our will function, and the head chakra to our reason function. A balance functioning of our reason, will, and emotion is necessary to maintain our health. Since the amount of energy flowing through a given chakra denotes how much that chakra is used, it also denotes how much the reason, will, or emotional aspect associated with that chakra is used. In order to create a balance of our reason, will, and emotions in our lives, we must balance, equalise, and synchronize our chakras.

Thanks you, that concludes the topic on the chakras.

Nic the bodytherapist ;)

Guest Hands Of Light

Hi, Greetings to all fellow's bw'ers :whistle:

Once again i like a share a topic on Light and Sound Therapy

Light and sound can affect both our mind and our body, especially our "chi" or life energy. It is said that most people use only 10% of their brain. Through the stimulation of light and sound therapy, it may be possible to tap into our hidden potential. Light and sound therapy can also help us express ourselves. When one is expressing onself, one is most happy.

The sunlight after refraction will give the following colors: red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple violet, and indigo. To use light or color to bring about positive changes, only bright colors are used. Every color has both a positive and negative impact on us, depending on its clarity and luminosity. The brighter and clearer the color, the more positive the impact. The practice of visualizing color lights can stimulate our creativity and imagination. The following are the colors of light and the positive resuslts which they produce:

Red: freedom, independence, leadership, pioneering spirit. It can be used to cut old patterns or habits that are no longer useful. Keep in mind what one wants to cut old patterns while visualizing red light at the same time. Sound: E

Sky blue: patience, love, letting go. It can help communication between difficult relations. Sound: O

Yellow: joy and organizational abilities. It can be use when unhappy. Sound: AH

Green: physical healing, growth and prosperity. Sound: A

Orange: self confidence, courage, and wisdom. Sound: AE

Purple Violet: healing at the emotional level, and inspirationl intuition. Sound: UU

Indigo: protection, oneness of all. Sound: OM

Practice with single color first. Look at a color, breathe in the color and make the corresponding sound. If one cannot visualize the color with eyes closed, open again to look at the color. With practice, one will improve. Visualizing color is actually involves recalling memory of the color. Start with red to cut bad habits, but always heal with purple violet after the cut. Sky blue is vefry useful. Because it is love, it will help us forgive and improve relations. In particular after the death of a loved one or the breakup of a romantic relationship, it is useful to send blue light to the unforgettable person. The light can come either from between the brows, or from the heart. Practice this for a few minutes everyday and one will notice a difference in one week. Sky blue also can help in pain relief, even sleeping with a blue light bulb.

After one is familiar with visualizing a single color, one can do the following rainbow meditation: visualize onself at a meadow, with the green grass below and blue sky above. In front of oneself is a Mayan pyramid, flat on top and with many steps leading to the top. As you walk on to the first step, visualize oneself being filled with red light. At the second step, visualize oneself being filled with blue light. Third step being filled with yellow light, fourth step being filled with green light, fifth step being filled with orange light, sixth step being filled with purple violet light and seventh step being filled with indigo light. When one reaches the top, take in the sunlight, which has all the colors. Know that you can come up any time for recharge. For now, return by stepping down one step and visualizing indigo light, then purple light, orange, green, yellow, blue, and red. Return to your place of sitting and the open your eyes.

The practice of sound can also start with a single sound, like a rainbow, E, O, Ah, A, AE, UU, OM all in one breath. Sound can change one's mind and "chi" in the same way as light can.

For myself, within six months of practicing, I went throught some drastic changes, I used to be quite shy and introverted. After only a short time of working with different colors, i found it easier to express myself and happier. Sky blue is useful for harmony and emotional wounds. I have seen it work again and again. Even lighting a blue light bulb in the family, can helped one family to have more harmony and conversation instead of arguing.

Thank you.

Cheers :rolleyes: nic the bodytherapist

Guest Hands Of Light

Hi, Greeting again to fellow's bw'ers :B)

I would like to discuss further the topic on Healing With Color and Sound.

All the colors of the rainbow are used in healing. Each color has its own effect on our auric field. Of course each color can be used to charge the chakra that metabolizes that color. Red is used to charge the field, burn out cancer and warm cold areas. Oranges charges the field, increases sexual potency and immunity. Yellow is used to clear a foggy head and help the linear mind function well. Green is used as a genenral balancer and healer for all things. Blue cools and calms. It is also used to restructure the etheric field and in shielding. Purple helps the individual connect to his spirit, while indigo opens the third eye and enhances visualization and clears the head. White is used to charge the field, bring peace and comfort and take away pain. Gold is used to restructure the seventh layer and to strengthen and charge the field. velvet black brings the individual into a state of grace, silence and peace with God. It is good in restructuring bones that have crumbled from cancer or other trauma. Purple-blue takes away pain when doing deep tissue work and work on bone cells. It also helps expand the individual's field in order to connect to his/her task.

Color Used In Healing:-

Red: Charging the field, burning out cancer, warming cold areas.

Orange: Charging the field, increasing sexual potency, increasing immunity.

Yellow: charging second chakra, clearing a foggy head

Green: Charging fourth chakra, balancing, general healing, charging field

Blue: Cooling, calming, restructuring etheric level, shielding.

Purple: Connecting to spirit

Indigo: Opening third eye, clearing head

Lavender: Purging field.

White: Charging field, bring peace and comfort, taking away pain

Gold:

Restructuring seventh layer, strengthening field, charging field

Silver: Strong purging of field (opalescent silver is used to charge sixth level)

Velvet Black: Bringing individual into a state of grace, silence and peace with God.

Purple Blue: taking away pain when doing deep tissue work and work on bone cells, helping expand individual's field in order to connect to his/her task.

Sounding for Healing.

Colors in the aura is also directly related to sound. Sounding specific pitches into the field not only produces specific colors in the field but is also a powerful agent of healing. Each chakra has a different pitch, and each person's ptich for a particular chakra is slightly different. To find the pitch for each chakra, it varies on the ranges of the sound,once a correct resonance is hit, it resonate with the individual's chakra and charge that particular field. The effect may be energy flow, cleaning the organ or strengthening it. Sounding also works very well for healing injured disks, enhancing tissue growth, clearing stagnated fluids from the body, tuning up the nervous system, and tuning the organs of the body so that they impedance match or harmonize with each other to function better. Different types of body organs, tissues, bones and fluid all require a different tone and modulation to enhance their healthy functioning. In addition to sounding in the form of tones only, one can make different types of sound. Traditional Indian teachings give a Sanskrit letter and particular sound for each chakra. Different types of musical instrument, and different types of music also helps to charge a particular chakra's, depending on the individual's need for a particular's types of sound to charge the individual's chakra and promote healing.

Thank you

Nic the bodytherapist :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greeting to all fellow bw'ers

I like to inform all supporters and fellow bw'ers that i have signed it as a new members using the nick hands of light,posting will now be done at this new thread under heading "Homebase Massage at Shunfu"

Once again i would like to thanks all supporters and fellow bw'ers kind support.

Regards: Hands Of Light

• 4 weeks later...