Male HQ

[Hiv Support Group] Living A Life Being Hiv+ & Living With Someone Who Is Hiv+ (Compiled)

Guest Sin_Man

9 hours ago, HIVPOSSG said:

I am not having depression and my cd4 already reached undetected. Kind of lonely when I cant tell anyone. I don't have any real life HIV positive friend...

Cheer up HIVPOSSG, everything will be good. Go for sports. Some are simple - just do jogging for 3 mins two or three times a week. You will see how this brings up your mood. I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago with CD4 about 200. I am undetectable for 2 years and have the normal CD4 count. My life is pretty normal again today.

It's not that you can't tell, it's your fear that people will judge you that makes you choose not to tell. I've been pretty open about my health condition with the people around me, simply because this is a part of my life now. I'm not asking for sympathy or a listening ear or anything like that from them, but really, I just feel like if I can't talk about my life, then what am I going to talk about man? Lies? These are my family and friends. If they choose to walk away after that, so be it. People come people go in our lives. That's life. But of course, always be careful whom you disclose this to.

if you feel like you need to talk to someone with the same condition, maybe try joining support groups? 

And yes, meds are lifetime so even if we reach undetectable already, we still need to take them. Cheers. Stay healthy and safe. :)

Well, I was being offered this work and I declared my undetectable status but was rejected. Not once but many times. So I think I gave up in telling them if not I will not have any job anymore. Thanks to the reality of this world, I am still jobless for the past few months after I ord although in between I had temp jobs. I really hope that I can meet up with guys with same status to drink, chat and also watch movie. I think it will improve my mood more than swallowing all these stuff myself.

1 hour ago, HIVPOSSG said:

Well, I was being offered this work and I declared my undetectable status but was rejected. Not once but many times. So I think I gave up in telling them if not I will not have any job anymore. Thanks to the reality of this world, I am still jobless for the past few months after I ord although in between I had temp jobs. I really hope that I can meet up with guys with same status to drink, chat and also watch movie. I think it will improve my mood more than swallowing all these stuff myself.

Most of the population and even many gay people still do not know what "undetectable" means. They have been so much terrified by the HIV prevention campaign in the older times. There is a very good recent medical article in Switzerland and I recommend to read it to all interested, see http://www.smw.ch/content/smw-2016-14246/.

There is also an important question about whom you should inform about your HIV status, detectable or undetectable. This depends on the legislation in your country and you should check it carefully. The recommendation of the German AidsHilfe (= HIV assistance) association which you can also find, in German, on their web pages is simple. You MUST tell that you are HIV positive whenever this is legally required. You should avoid telling this when it is not necessary, even if some organisations or companies would like to know this. Except for a few professions that are forbidden by law for HIV positive people, it is not recommended that you disclose your status at work (or when you apply for a job).

4 hours ago, Guest said:

Most of the population and even many gay people still do not know what "undetectable" means. They have been so much terrified by the HIV prevention campaign in the older times. There is a very good recent medical article in Switzerland and I recommend to read it to all interested, see http://www.smw.ch/content/smw-2016-14246/.

There is also an important question about whom you should inform about your HIV status, detectable or undetectable. This depends on the legislation in your country and you should check it carefully. The recommendation of the German AidsHilfe (= HIV assistance) association which you can also find, in German, on their web pages is simple. You MUST tell that you are HIV positive whenever this is legally required. You should avoid telling this when it is not necessary, even if some organisations or companies would like to know this. Except for a few professions that are forbidden by law for HIV positive people, it is not recommended that you disclose your status at work (or when you apply for a job).

What is undetectable??

7 hours ago, HIVPOSSG said:

Hi, me too looking for people who are in similar status to chat and share.

Undetectable mean you still have HIV in your body but it's amount is so minute/small that blood test cannot detect it anymore. 

HIV in today time is very different from HIV thirty years ago. 

In the past it was incurable and many countries do not have medicines for it other than America and a few leading first world nations. Under such a situation in the face of fatal disease that can spread the only effective way to lessen its spread is to use fear campaign,social stigma,moral values and safe sex education to reach out to people to create awareness. 

But it is not a foolproof approach and using fear to contain health threat created a long string of repercussion effects that brought shame,judgement and stress to be link with HIV patients which linger n to this day and age. 

In the 90s due to significant progress in medical research and advancement on drugs,HIV and AIDS have become manageable and chronic conditions and people can start to live normally again as long as they live healthy and keep to their medications known as Antiretroviral treatment. 

HIV is no longer a death sentence in this day and age and taking antiretroviral drugs daily help stop the virus from replicating and destroying your cells/immune system. 

Those who are HIV positive and have been on medications can achieve undetectable levels which brought down HIV infectionand transmission rate by over 90%.

People with HIV as long as they keep their viral load in check can even have sex and children normally like non infected people.

Do you all know that?

• 1 month later...
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2006 at 5:08 PM, Guest fucked raw years ago said:

I have 2 encounters of raw sex a few years ago.

First incident

The top was fxxking me with condom in the doggie position. . He must be very quickly withdrawn his cock from my asshole and removed the condom, and reinserted his cock into me.

Second incident.

The top wanted to fxxk me raw. I said no. We ended up in the missionary position, and he positioned his cock at my asshole entrance.  He said "don't worry, i am not going to enter you". Then his cock kept teasing my asshole entrance, and suddenly he thrusted himself raw into me.

I was too horny to push him away when he thrusted his cock raw into me.

Just sharing.

Most imptly, did u contract hiv after that?

it s normal that all love it raw!

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:35 PM, HIVPOSSG said:

I think it s fine to meet those who doesn't have HIV to hear you out!:D

• 1 month later...

Guys, i really need advise and help your you guys that have more experiences regarding my issue.

So i contracted HIV during army. I suspected is around Aug 2014. I was officially diagnosed HIV positive when doing my ORD FFI. Which was on the 20 August 2015. The doctor told me that i am referred to CDC and army side will contact me regarding my case. I went to CDC and is on medication now but I waited the army for so long and there was no news.

Side track abit, i injured myself during army and was down pes to C. So when i orded, i went to KentRidge there to see my ORD MO appointment. This appointment is for my elbow injury but i asked the MO when will they make an appointment regarding my HIV. And they said the MO will contact me soon. This was around december 2015. 

Recently these two months, i joined a medical company and did not declare my status. The company did not do blood test as well. Thus, i joined the company successfully. But last week, I received my reservist letter. I called the in charge from G8 Branch, the DX6 told me that it was because the army MO side never do their job, thus i still received the letter. They did not medical board my status. She asked me to book an appointment with the selarang camp medical centre and wait for the medical board result. 

They asked me to attend alot of briefing, mob manning and ICT when my i have not even book my appointment with the MO yet. Its not fair for me to attend all the briefing, mob manning and ICT when i am suffering from the lag work of medical side in camp. I really need this reservist thing to stop if not my status will be expose. This could ruin my whole career. The worst part is i am having family issue. And i have no intention to let my family member know. I am already suffering this thing alone as none of my friends know about it as well.

My question is: Since i contracted HIV, is reservist still needed or is optional? How should i solve this problem? (I heard from my friend and the mo before i ORD, that having HIV do not need to do reservist anymore.)

I really wish to know more same status friend to share my problems with.

Don't b anxious , be focused

Your issue is to be on HIV stuff
or to stop going for reservist?

I think originally your issue is nt abt attending reservist

So just wait patiently for the results of whether do u Still need to attend reservist, it is harmless to attend 1 or few at the meantime

I seriously do not see why the reservist (has to stop) has to do w exposing you further...once it is in the records, it is in the records
b it u r still on the list of  reservist  or NOT,  ur data is there

and being part of a Sporean male force, u r to contribute (could be in an administrative manner or in the holdings)

Hence, I felt u r "all over the place" with a lot of emotions, be focused instead!

You are just giving problems for yourself to fret. 

Since you already are diagnosed with HIV during your ord ffi checkup it mean the saf already know you can't serve anymore much less talk about reservists.

Don't you see it is saf fault not to ask you to go for a review with your mo and discharge and exempt you from NS liabities and by continuing to send letters to call you back they are not doing their job properly?

If they want to charge you you can turn the table back on them. 

In the meantime just work and take care of your health,you don't have to worry so much on those letters that they have send you. 

And as soon as you have time just go made an medical appointment with your unit mo and show them your documents and ask them to clear you from NS duties. 

I dont have hiv but I understand how the saf work it's not your fault just screw them and made a call and appointment yourself to get yourself discharge from duties. 

They are are famous for dragging their feet and cocking things up all the time. 

Yes, I agreed w Guest,
the govt luv to drag (not just what mindef etc) , and drag ...nothing to fret, it s them

but our think hivpossg is v stressed by his medical condition now
hivpossg , just remind yourself -what is yours will be yours....

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎4‎/‎2012 at 0:30 AM, Guest Afraid said:

Hi guys.. :(

I just found out I was HIV poz yesterday.. :(

I got a sudden rash few weeks back, it was nothing like before, and I went to google it and there is something called HIV rash.

The rash is slowly dissipating, but still itchy at times. Been to two doctors for injections and anti itch med but still came back, hence I went to get the test done.

Is it true that there will be such rashes? is it just a few dots/ rashes or more than 10?

As one gets older, the skin becomes drier.

I would suggest you apply moisturizer and/or olive oil daily.

I suffered beg-bug bites when travelling overseas..cheap hostel... I apply olive oil and the problem disappear within 2 days.

Not so sure of the solution of  your condition though..

10 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Is it true that there will be such rashes? is it just a few dots/ rashes or more than 10?

https://www.dred.com/uk/hiv-rash.html

but I believe not all who got HIV experience these rashes.

I think most of them should experience the symptoms listed in mayo clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hiv-aids/basics/symptoms/con-20013732

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D

Tks! Is shingles : one whole patch?

not a small patch like a 10cent coin?

Your info at mayo mentioned shingles and rashes|
I kept feeling itchy and dots appearing here and there at diff parts

and as much as I could , I practice safely and I last did test on Hiv and STD in march

• 3 weeks later...

Advice needed Guys,

so recently i applied ST aerospace as an engineer, i realized that it work closely with the government. So my problem is, i am hiv positive and i am worried that they will test for HIV status. Any one knows about ST engineering well to help me with the answer?

Guest guest

@HIVPOSSG  

I would really advise you not to declare your status. I have been having it for coming to three years now and have switched job once. In the form, I was required to declare any medical conditions as usual but in this case, I did not. 

Reasons being:

1. they will immediately reject it, thinking of the accountability that they are unable to afford

2. Once you are positive, you cannot claim against ANY insurance (for now at least) should you fall ill due to being one, so what's the point then of declaring?

3. Unless you are applying for a medical or health related job, you CAN and are able to work pretty much anywhere WITHOUT having to declare.

If you are still uncertain, ask around to see if they don conduct any medical tests etc, most companies will usually just conduct tests for diabetes or urine tests but not to the extent of HIV. 

My final advise to you while you contemplate... is just take good care of yourself and stay healthy! 

Cheers and all the best okie! :)

• 4 weeks later...

'HIV made me appreciate my life and family a lot more', says gay Singaporean

source : http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/hiv-made-me-appreciate-my-life-and-family-a-lot-more

Mr Ajmal Khan is 26. Known as AJ to friends, he is lanky, has an easy laugh, enjoys computer games and Chinese food, and works in e-commerce. He has also been living with HIV for the last six years.

He is one of the increasing number of gay Singaporeans afflicted with the infection. Last year, 232 homosexuals were diagnosed with HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). That is a 27.5 per cent jump from 2014 and the highest since 2009, when there were 139 new cases among gay men. There are around 7,140 residents in Singapore with HIV.

AJ is now among the few Singaporeans to go public with his HIV status, alongside the likes of Mr Paddy Chew, who died in 1999 at the age of 39, and Mr Avin Tan, 30.

It was by chance that he found out he was infected. In 2010, he and his five friends were at a sauna on the same night that volunteer outfit Action for Aids had stationed a mobile HIV testing clinic outside. So they decided to get tested.

AJ, having tested negative seven months before, was not worried.

"My friends were all flashing their negative test cards. But when mine came back, it was positive," he told The Sunday Times in his first interview to any newspaper.

"We were all like, nah, it can't be. So I repeated the test. The second one came back positive as well. Everybody just stopped talking; it was very quiet. I just went numb. A couple of my friends started to cry."

A year before, he had come out as gay, after dropping out of polytechnic. "I was young and a bit naive. I had this invincibility mindset."

He admitted he was reckless, but at the same time said there was no one he could turn to for advice.

Volunteer groups such as Action for Aids and Oogachaga have called for more targeted outreach efforts towards youth.

Asked why he did not use protection, AJ said: "I had to figure it out on my own. It is a very awkward topic to bring up, especially during one-time encounters. I just didn't think that it would happen to me."

Asked if he knew who had infected him, he replied: "It could have been anyone."

It was only two years after his diagnosis that he finally told his mother about it. He blurted it out while they were watching TV.

For Madam Honey Bee - she said her name was a result of a mistake when her birth was registered - that was the worst day of her life.

" I thought he was joking. I asked: 'Really?' He said yes," said the 55-year-old administrative assistant. "He went out and I broke down."

AJ is the second of her three sons. She brought them up almost single- handedly after divorcing her husband when AJ was only three and her youngest child was an infant.

Not all her relatives are supportive. "But I'm tired of pleasing everyone; I don't want to hide any more. If my son wants to (go public), I agree with it," she said.

In 2013, AJ finally decided to start anti-retroviral therapy. He realised it meant a lifelong commitment - stopping the drugs could mean the virus coming back stronger.

According to Professor Roy Chan, president of Action for Aids, the infection is no longer a death sentence. "Anti-retroviral drugs have revolutionised the treatment and management of HIV," he said. "With optimum anti-HIV treatment, a person with HIV infection can live as long as those without HIV."

But patients must adhere strictly to the medication. Otherwise the virus could multiply and become more drug-resistant.

AJ now takes a cocktail of five pills daily. They cost $400 a month after subsidies. His current HIV viral count is undetectable, meaning the virus does not show up in blood tests.

People do react awkwardly when they learn of his HIV status, asking him if he is going to die, and if that is the reason he is so skinny. They also worry about sharing food with him even though HIV does not spread via the sharing of dishes.

AJ said his current employers are accepting, but hunting for a job was not easy. He got only one call back for every 20 applications he sent out "just because I said that I have a medical condition. I did not even say what it was".

AJ hopes that by putting himself forward and giving the infection a human dimension, he can dispel such myths and stereotypes.

His mother said she has found comfort in people who tell her that AJ's openness has given them strength and that they, too, have friends and family with HIV. She added that the diagnosis has made AJ a "much, much better boy".

AJ said: " The irony is that HIV has made me appreciate my life and family a lot more."

Edited by ajax

On 3 July 2016 at 0:00 PM, PositivelyYours said:

Its been a year now. Have yet to tell my family. Dont think I ever will. They dont need to feel the pain or hurt I felt. Have however told quite a few other close pals, and aunts. Lost a friend and made some new ones in the process. That's enough for me. 

Well, it's always the hardest to break bad news to those closest to us. I've told pretty much everyone around me except my folks. Just don't think it's gonna help in anything even if I did tell them. All they will do is worry, and it's not like I'll get better or anything even if I did. The older generation... *roll eyes*

What is encouraging to me is that people these days are much more well educated about these things. Yeah, I do have my negative moments and my family can't really deal with it even more than one year on but I think if we don't accept this ourselves, don't expect others to. It's part of me now so take it or leave it. :) 

Cheers. Stay healthy and alive.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, Guest guest said:

@HIVPOSSG  

I would really advise you not to declare your status. I have been having it for coming to three years now and have switched job once. In the form, I was required to declare any medical conditions as usual but in this case, I did not. 

Reasons being:

1. they will immediately reject it, thinking of the accountability that they are unable to afford

2. Once you are positive, you cannot claim against ANY insurance (for now at least) should you fall ill due to being one, so what's the point then of declaring?

3. Unless you are applying for a medical or health related job, you CAN and are able to work pretty much anywhere WITHOUT having to declare.

If you are still uncertain, ask around to see if they don conduct any medical tests etc, most companies will usually just conduct tests for diabetes or urine tests but not to the extent of HIV. 

My final advise to you while you contemplate... is just take good care of yourself and stay healthy! 

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, Guest guest said:

@HIVPOSSG  

Reasons being:

a case
Choose to be safe or regret later in the limelight of the court
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ex-lecturer-charged-with/2960832.html?cid=fbcna

don't make another regretful decision of not practicing it safely again

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:01 AM, HIVPOSSG said:

Advice needed Guys,

so recently i applied ST aerospace as an engineer, i realized that it work closely with the government. So my problem is, i am hiv positive and i am worried that they will test for HIV status. Any one knows about ST engineering well to help me with the answer?

So how was it?

HIV is not a death sentence anymore.

With proper medication, the infected person can regain his/her former self.

I personally know of one who continues to lead a very normal life after his diagnosis.

I really don't see the fear of employers siphoning out those HIV+ potential candidates.

It is the same as someone employing a slightly handicap person..

Enabling these infected ones with proper job/pay should be the way to go.

This was in yesterday's news:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/health/hiv-pill-could-cut-infect/2958672.html?cx_tag=morestories4ucna&cid=tg:recos:morestories4ucna:standard#cxrecs_s

Anyway, whether it's sauna, massage centres or even in the privacy of the hotel rooms, please encourage all tops to wear condoms even though bareback can be more fun and more warmth in the arse (unless you are 100% confirm and sure that you are monogamously coupled...)

More warmth = more risk.

Will you be my valentine's? :D

Guest Guess?
11 hours ago, abang said:

HIV is not a death sentence anymore.

With proper medication, the infected person can regain his/her former self.

I personally know of one who continues to lead a very normal life after his diagnosis.

I really don't see the fear of employers siphoning out those HIV+ potential candidates.

It is the same as someone employing a slightly handicap person..

Enabling these infected ones with proper job/pay should be the way to go.

That might make the current generation throw all caution to the wind.

Employers OK, but insurance, health authorities,  immigration, etc still have all those discrininatory clauses. If no insurance, will employer pay for med?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rubber

Hi. What are the chance of getting HIV, if I the guy was rubbing his dick against my asshole, but didn't enter me. I don't know if he has HIV or any disease.

9 hours ago, Guest Rubber said:

Hi. What are the chance of getting HIV, if I the guy was rubbing his dick against my asshole, but didn't enter me. I don't know if he has HIV or any disease.

The chances are lower than if he would have fucked you without a condom, but higher than if he would have only rubbed his dick between your legs, without his dick touching your asshole. Please be more careful from now on. Don't get caught up in the heat of the moment. A few minutes of pleasure are not worth a lifetime of potential consequences.

Other posters can probably advise you better than me whether you need to see a doctor and begin an immediate PEP regimen, or whether you should simply wait a few weeks, and then get tested for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. What you did isn't the most riskiest action but it is slightly possible that you could have caught something.

• 5 months later...

Please take note that we will not tolerate anyone who wants to "prank" anyone with real HIV+ blood.

This will amount to a criminal offence and we will not hesitate to report to the authorities for anyone caught committing such acts.

Please report to the moderator if anyone PM you looking for HIV+ blood. 

p/s : @hp99 and @Jon Toh had been banned with immediate effect.

If try 3 hiv test at the same time n all results are reactive, does it mean 100% hiv+ or do they have to run another test to confirm or check if it really is hiv from the blood?

if sick while getting the test, would it affect the results?

Edited by Carpenter

Carpenter
try to go for larger blood sample amount instead, rather than just a prick or a brush? and I don't think sickness really affect esp if it s lab-tested

These problems are less frequently faced with traditional laboratory-based testing – a large enough blood sample is taken to allow for it to be tested several times and for any uncertainties in the diagnosis to be resolved.

http://www.aidsmap.com/Reactive-results/page/2554006/

http://aidsprojectri.org/get-tested/i-tested-positive-for-hiv-now-what

What does a ‘reactive’ test result mean? : If your rapid HIV test result is reactive, it means that the test indicates that HIV antibodies were found in your blood or oral fluid sample.

A reactive test result is a possible positive result that needs to be confirmed with extra laboratory testing, before a final HIV-positive result can be given.

On 18/01/2017 at 4:18 AM, Carpenter said:

If try 3 hiv test at the same time n all results are reactive, does it mean 100% hiv+ or do they have to run another test to confirm or check if it really is hiv from the blood?

if sick while getting the test, would it affect the results?

@Carpenter if you (or anyone else) have 3 reactive results thru quick testing, it's probably time for you to do a blood test with a medical service provider (e.g. DSC clinic, or pvt ones). 

Being sick wouldn't affect the results. Antibodies produced by an HIV infection and antibodies produced by other infections are essentially different stuff.

On ‎19‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, faradise said:

@Carpenter if you (or anyone else) have 3 reactive results thru quick testing, it's probably time for you to do a blood test with a medical service provider (e.g. DSC clinic, or pvt ones). 

Being sick wouldn't affect the results. Antibodies produced by an HIV infection and antibodies produced by other infections are essentially different stuff.

that is what I said so, if lah

if
(many tend to assume I m poz) I have results that told me it s "reactive" , immediately I would speak to someone snr /consultant to get  it done with

I m not going to waste a quarter seconds, keep going to similar outlet that keep telling me "reactive"

Time is precious, health too
anyway 3 time results  : to me is obvious

2 hours ago, Guest Guest 1 said:

What will happen to a hiv pos+ person if he/she stop taking antiviral medicine?

Body will become weak and? 

AFAIK hiv will multiple uncontrollable hence can possibility to infect others will increase dramatically and depends to his/her health it can cause a lot of problems (i.e. easily sick even from simply flu) and for long term can develop to AIDS.

Do you need to get your kidney check when hiv+, to be prescribe for suitable hiv meds? Whats the connections n are there any normal side effects from the meds?

10 hours ago, Guest Kidney said:

Do you need to get your kidney check when hiv+, to be prescribe for suitable hiv meds? Whats the connections n are there any normal side effects from the meds?

Nope, there isn't a kidney check like CT scan or MRI, but they do blood and urine test to determine your kidney function.

17 minutes ago, faradise said:

Nope, there isn't a kidney check like CT scan or MRI, but they do blood and urine test to determine your kidney function.

will it affect the kidney if consume the meds?

14 minutes ago, Guest kidney said:

will it affect the kidney if consume the meds?

There are over 20 different drugs that are used to treat HIV, some may damage your kidneys, while others may harm your liver. You shouldn't worry too much about the side effects as your doctors would have already factor in the risks for you before they prescribe you with anything. However if you have any concerns, do discuss them with your doctors.

Afterall most people online are not medically trained, we can only speak from our experiences. You can also google about the medication you are taking, and see what are the experiences of other users, but don't be too obsessed with what you read.

And don't forget to inform your doctors of any discomfort after taking the medications.

Edited by faradise

• Guest locked this topic