Male HQ

Share Success Stories Of Where & How Did You Find / Meet Your Boyfriend / Partner / Buddy? (Compiled)

Let me start a new topic, where did you meet your boyfriend and later became a steady one?

My first bf, I met him while I was shopping in Singapura Plaza, it started with eye contact while windowshopping, he approached me and started to talk, thereafter we exchanged handphone number and then later on, we started dating and became a steady one, however we broke off after 5 few years :oops:

Then my 2nd one, I came to know him thru a chatting in IRC, followed meeting him at Suntec City for a drink, after a few meet-ups for almost 3 months, we decided to have a steady relationship … :P

Some of you might come to know your bf while your were in a drinking pub, disco, gay sauna, public park and many other places .. Would you share your story?

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

The now demolished National Library in Stamford Road... he was walking down the stairs as I was collecting my bags... I was with my secondary school classmates and couldn't cruise but I couldn't help myself because he's SOOOO handsome!

*sigh*

Remenber the Queen Elizabeth Park in the 80'.........

There's where I met my ex...........never forget him even now

Yeah, that area was one of few cruising areas last time, especially after midnite and quite crowded on weekend (because just next to former satay club). Some PLUs (those shy type) would just sit at the steps of Lim Bo Seng Memorial Statue and waiting to be approached.The worst thing when you met someone, didn't know where to go to have fun. That time wasn' t so many budget hotel for a quicky one, like hotel 81 etc. Now, the former cruising area only history.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Guest by the river

19 years ago on 24th july, seated along the singapore river. [then, boat quay was just rows of shops and the road was open to vehicles.]

we were seated 50m away and only look-see-look-see at each other. and as look-see-no-action, i lost him. as it was getting late, i decided to go home and while crossing the traffic light just before OCBC bank, we crossed path again. this time, we both looked into each other's eyes -- and the rest is just history now.

3 month down the road, we held a wedding banquet. :D

19 years ago on 24th july, seated along the singapore river. [then, boat quay was just rows of shops and the road was open to vehicles.]

we were seated 50m away and only look-see-look-see at each other. and as look-see-no-action, i lost him. as it was getting late, i decided to go home and while crossing the traffic light just before OCBC bank, we crossed path again. this time, we both looked into each other's eyes -- and the rest is just history now.

19yrs ago?!!? and you guys are still together? wow! ;);)

it is so uplifting to hear about such long lasting relationships!

;);)

BRAVO

Guest by the river
19 years ago on 24th july, seated along the singapore river.  [then, boat quay was just rows of shops and the road was open to vehicles.]

we were seated 50m away and only look-see-look-see at each other.  and as look-see-no-action, i lost him.  as it was getting late, i decided to go home and while crossing the traffic light just before OCBC bank, we crossed path again.  this time, we both looked into each other's eyes -- and the rest is just history now.

3 month down the road, we held a wedding banquet.  :D

;);)

BRAVO

hehe .. err, praying it'll be eternity :) yup, we are still like kids in love, though both of us are in our 40s -- always miss-you, always want-you, always don't-leave-me-please :oops:

what's impt is we speak-and-listen and listen-and-speak. every fights, every arguments and every sadness, every joy are spoken and shared .. each to inspire us to better our days together. oh, we are no angels lah :rolleyes: but we make sure that we do not sleep each night with anger unresolved.

we do believe relationship exists and it CAN be .. longer and .. forever.

hugs and love to all!

That's a record for 19 years, Congratulations buddy. And you held a Wedding Banquet for 2 of you only? Like the film 'Wedding Banquet" by Lee Ang.

Well, we are a bit off track. Anyway, you met your bf in gay crusing area at the time. I remember the olden day cruising area:

1. Lanes along Boat Quay, all the back lane along Canton Rd, Chulia Street where OCBC Hq

2. Hong Lim Park, Upper Pickering Rd (now already Great Eastern Hq), Church Street where the Citibank now

3. Esplanade area, Queens Elizabeth Park/Esplanade

Now, all gone even the famous Hong Lim is dying off. Soon also Fort Rd Beach will be gone once the developments around the area completed

All saunas are slowly closing one by one, what's a dilemma for PLU :swear:

Guest Guest
19 years ago on 24th july, seated along the singapore river.  [then, boat quay was just rows of shops and the road was open to vehicles.]

we were seated 50m away and only look-see-look-see at each other.  and as look-see-no-action, i lost him.  as it was getting late, i decided to go home and while crossing the traffic light just before OCBC bank, we crossed path again.  this time, we both looked into each other's eyes -- and the rest is just history now.

That's a record for 19 years, Congratulations buddy. And you held a Wedding Banquet for 2 of you only? Like the film 'Wedding Banquet" by Lee Ang.

hehe, the wedding banquet was almost like the movie. we threw it in a hotel, booked a function room and attended by few good and closed straight and gay friends. we always wondered if the waiters/waitresses knew what was happening. unfortunately, those days our families were yet to know about us.

one of our friends even suggested to have a proper wedding solemnisation .. acted like a priest, we had a vow, exchanged rings and endorsed a wedding certificate [with 2 witnesses summore] -- haha, can die, rite? :rolleyes:

Guest Warmed

;);)

BRAVO

hehe .. err, praying it'll be eternity :) yup, we are still like kids in love, though both of us are in our 40s -- always miss-you, always want-you, always don't-leave-me-please :oops:

what's impt is we speak-and-listen and listen-and-speak. every fights, every arguments and every sadness, every joy are spoken and shared .. each to inspire us to better our days together. oh, we are no angels lah :rolleyes: but we make sure that we do not sleep each night with anger unresolved.

hugs and love to all!

So heartwarming to read this......I really really hope they're more happy couples like u guys! :thumb:

All the Best!!! :clap:

I met my bf the first time in front of CK Tang 30th August 1983 :-) We were so young and were corresponding with each other around a couple of months before we decide to meet :-)

We had porridge for dinner on our first date :-)

Now, he is downstairs watching TV while I am writing this :-)

Guest cub33

Hello all,

interesting posting.. I met mine 9 years back during my first visit to DIAMOND.. can u imagine that?? ha ha ha.. we met at the pool area & exchanged contacts..

we then met up outside after that.. well, all i can say is that it takes alot of patience & understanding. sometimes... i say its fate on how 2 persons meet. Its like "the moment tt comes along so suddenly". U either seize it or lose it..

hugs and love to all!

Wow!! 19 years and still loving... My boy and me only 2years+ and already he says I say too much 'I love you', 'I miss you', etc... Sigh...

Anyway, then Kuih2020 says his is almost 23 years old!! Wow!! Congrats!! So it can really be done eh? :)

But, I still want to ask the both of you... Do you guys practice sexual monogamy? Or is it a case of open 1 eye, close 1 eye and the relationship will prosper? Share your views and give us tips. :)

So, guest, 19 years and Kuih 23 years relationship. Congrats to both of you. You wanna share what is the secret of this long relationship? I thought mine was 6 years quite long already? :oops: Other than guest already said "listen and speak, speak and listen", anything else to share?

Amazing... 23 + 19 years. That's an example to all of us here that GAY MEN can LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. None of that gay life very lonely, gay men very flickle bullshit. We can all be happy and gay! :D

It takes a lot of hard work but don't ever ever stop trying for it.

I've met this british GWM couple who have been together for 35 years and just got married under the new UK civil partnership laws like Elton John and his husband (Sir David? Dame David?). They were like old couple already.. lao fu lao qi.. and then had honeymoon in Phuket with their own respective Thai boys.. :D

But, I still want to ask the both of you... Do you guys practice sexual monogamy? Or is it a case of open 1 eye, close 1 eye and the relationship will prosper? Share your views and give us tips. :)

In the first ten years, we had "outside" flings :-) and also tried 3-somes but then, even during the fun, we realised we concentrate more on pleasuring each other than on the third party :-) We have been pretty much monogamous since then :-)

I think what make a relationship last is the mutual and total toleration of each other's idosycncrasies and to realise that, after all, since he is the guy you love - why bother if he is a bit eccentric or idiotic in some way :-)

To a lesser extent, the relationship is alo very much less stressed when both partners have financial parity (or as close as possible). Both of us have fairly high incomes and either one of us can pay for most things wo feeling the pinch. So money never was an issue.

The fact that my mum wants him to be married to me also helps :-)

So, guest, 19 years and Kuih 23 years relationship. Congrats to both of you. You wanna share what is the secret of this long relationship? I thought mine was 6 years quite long already? :oops: Other than guest already said "listen and speak, speak and listen", anything else to share?

When both partners think "Want him, Need him - all the time", the relationship works :-)

That is the primary singulae feeling we have for easch other all these year.

I am a lot more expressive in my feelings - I will tell him I love him, want to have sex with him, etc., every day :-)

He expresses his feeling more through doing things - like making sure, when I am busy, to make me drinks, like kissing me all over at night before sleeping, and more :-)

All this, even after more than 2 decades together!

i know my bf 9yrs ago during those day when there is a HOT in those GAY.com chatroom....

Till today we are still together ....still miss one another when either one of us is not around in town... but of cos in between these first 5yrs . he had some flings outside .....but still we move on till now.. now hardly tho he still did mention this guy is cute that guy not bad etc.... i hope we can move on to our number 19..29... or 39 yrs ..... cheers! :clap:

Hmm... So lovely eh? :)

I also try to say those mushy stuff to him every now and then... But he complained! He also never say those things at all!! He didn't even want to wear the ring I bought for him... :( Recently, he changed a new wallet and my picture is not in the new wallet! :( :( He said he doesn't want to lose it and so kept it at home. I gave him a new one! Haha... Hope it is now in the new wallet!... :P

But whenever he calls me, I know he still has feelings for me... He just mentioned about our proposed staying together a few years down the road... Oh, I really wish I was just thinking too much! :blink:

It is REALLY nice to hear all those stories of guys being together after so many years! 9, 19, 23... Ah...

Oh, btw, Hermes, you still had not emailed me eh... You want to do so? :)

Guest by the river

guys, thank you for all the well wishes. when i firsted posted in this thread, it was just a pure sharing and to highlight that gay relationship can sustain long term. i am glad that kuih2020 have also come forward.

Buaya

Wow!! 19 years and still loving... My boy and me only 2years+ and already he says I say too much 'I love you', 'I miss you', etc... Sigh...

we always need constant reminder to affirm our existence - repetition is mother of learning. those phrases are food for the soul and a thankful feeling that one is loved. when it is constantly said, it builds a desire to act and reciprocate.

intially, yes, i felt it was too mushy, too much. but when i didnt hear it from him, i felt lost. and my bf felt the same way too. soon, it became a pact and a conviction to become what we meant to be.

Buaya

But, I still want to ask the both of you... Do you guys practice sexual monogamy? Or is it a case of open 1 eye, close 1 eye and the relationship will prosper? Share your views and give us tips. smile.gif

hehe, earlier i said that 'we are no angels'. as sex and love are 2 separate entities, it is finding a common cord that will bind 2 people together. NO, i am not encouraging you-can-sex-anyone-you-like-but-come-home-to-me-at-end-of-the day. my bf and i had made mistakes [haha, it's with an 'S'] and we always talked about them - how they affect us and the relationship, and how they are draining and wasting our vision of being together.

philosophically for me - Relationship works only when one thinks and acts positively whenever there is an argument. Having an argument is healthy but it can be tragic when 2 parties are quick to shoot blame and threatening to end the relationship. Shift your mind to think that an argument is about communication to eradicate weakness into strength and ultimately, it is about resolving to understand each other better. It is important that we see our partner, or even ourselves, as an imperfect individual who is willing to learn and to change.

Life is not a bed of roses but love is, and it heals even the deepest bleeding heart. To err is human and to forgive [quickly] is a blessed divination – our souls are enriched and love rekindled.

when we fall in the lust trap, there are always reason. admittedly, my bf and i are poles apart sexually. haha, sex is like oxygen to me and CO2 to him. in kuih2020's words 'I think what make a relationship last is the mutual and total toleration of each other's idosycncrasies and to realise that, after all, since he is the guy you love - why bother if he is a bit eccentric or idiotic in some way :-)'

yes, with all his weaknesses, shortcomings, imperfections, the life that i endeavour to live is to spend with this guy. what wtih his weaknesses, shortcomings and imperfections are a mirror reflection of my own too.

worldangel

So, guest, 19 years and Kuih 23 years relationship. Congrats to both of you. You wanna share what is the secret of this long relationship? I thought mine was 6 years quite long already? bw2/icon_redface.gif Other than guest already said "listen and speak, speak and listen", anything else to share?

thank you, worldangel.

i think it is important that when we fall in love, that we must be thankful that we are loved. that all the anguish of finding mr right, and the days and nights of solitary have come to a new beginning. akcnowledge and honour, and accept, that life has changed. it is a new phase of we-and-ours together now. what we do will affect our loved ones, and vice versa.

also, i think to have good friends who support your new life, and honour the new bf, will go a long way. change takes time to bring us to the next comfort level, and adjusting to new relationship is about shifting life's paradigm to new sets of rules and principles. it's during this shift that we often find ourselves not balanced and easily fall back to the old self when there's problem. when your good friends can keep reminding you, and give moral encouragement and living up your vision, that a relationship moves on further.

striking a balance in anything shared. open up and do not leave one stone unturned during the initial years. in my early years, i often told my bf that i was very unsecured. then talk about it and let him have his views. i was 27 [oops, revealing my age liow] when i met him .. and gosh, i had 27 years of insecurities that he had to cope and share with! - it was not an easy task when he had his own to deal at the same time. one simple rule that we made that seemed to work for us -- when we argue or quarrel, one cannot just shut off! say, when we were out and when we argued, we could not just leave and go home until we talked and resolved it. it's the same rule when we were arguing over the phone -- one cannot just hung up!

sorry to be so long-winded. it's always a happy thought when i hear of a happy relationship and it's always such a sad moment that a relationship ended and two people are hurt. i believe all problems can be solved, though the question is whether we want it or not.

love!

Well... Met my first true love (for he taught me what love is not through words, but actions) on a MRT train ride home. Was 20 then, he was 21. The train is north bound, and he boarded at Raffles station, and stood close to where I sat. We steal glances at each other, and shy away when our eyes met.

We both alighted at Yishun station, both of us wondering if we were being followed. We continued our journeys home in the same direction on foot. He slowed his pace for me to catch up, while I caught up, but can't summon the courage to say Hi, moved ahead, and slowed down for him to catch up. All these while still stealing glaces at each other.

I moved ahead, and decided that I'm gonna stop and talk to this gorgeous stranger (since I'm almost home). He followed up, and the first words of his swept me off my feet "Are you following me?". Hilariously, we then know that we reside only two blocks apart. Exchanged numbers and email, and that's how we started....

Procrastination... The biggest mental vacation one can have.

Guest stranded

amazing stuffs guys :thumb:

well i came too late to read and understand .love

i had no one to guide me when i started

now my relationship are strained and i guess its over :(

how i wish i could turn back time and this time i wont ruined this relationship

congrates to you guys with love from me

Thank you 'Kuih' and 'by the river' for sharing with us and the forum about points to be noted for your long-lasting relationship. I have to digest all points and see what I should learn from your points so that mistakes done by my previous relationship can be mended.

PS. For Kuih's word 'idiosyncrasy', I really needed to open my dictionary about the meaning .... hahaha, now I know the meaning :oops: :P

I met my first love at one of my friend's gathering. He was a friend of mine, and was pulled along by my friend to attend the function. We did not noticed each other initially and could have walked passed each other without paying much attention as there were many people around. I was busily chatting with my friends and he crossed my path, almost spilling my drink. He apologised and our eyes locked for few seconds. We exchange smiles and he moved on...and i continued to chat with my friends. Till the crowd was almost dispersed, and i was helping to tidy up things, he was there doing his part as well. We started to chat and somehow we managed to dwell on subjects sharing common interest. He given me a sort of very positive character with sunshine outlook, i got impressed. I asked him out the next day and he agreed..and that was how our things started. I strongly believe the first spark and chemistry are very important when two strangers meet. If without any of it, things wont work. <_<

How many of us here met their partners in a sex-oriented place eg sauna, cruising spot, shopping center/swimming pool toliet?

One of the most special people in my life was this guy who grabbed me in the steam room in Towel Club. There was something special I felt the minute his lips met mine in the dark. Even his cock tasted special... :)

And when I pulled him out in the open light, we both felt an instant connection. He was handsome, trim, masculine yet playful/teasing. Somehow we knew immediately we were going to spend a lot of time together for a long long time. :D

What is an interesting topic. Both of you 'by the river' and 'Kuih' have 23 and 19 years respectively. I would like to send congratulations to both of you.

Although my age a bit older than both of you but my love relationship with my ex-bf was not as luck as both of you and I really regret that we were unable to maintain it.

Interestingly, I met my first boyfriend through this Blowing Wind forum.

That happened somewhere in June 1998, when I just came back from a short holiday in Phuket. During the trip I came across a gay couple holding hands on the beach, which kind of sparked off the suppressed feelings in me. I came back and posted a short message in the forum (the days of actionkid I can still remember...) and he replied. We met up somewhere in macPherson...and ended up on bed. It was meant as an ONS initially but we kept in touch, exchange email addresses and engage in discussions on some of our common topics. Along the way we discovered more common topics and generated more discussions, and getting to know each other better. Somewhere down the line we were drawn to one another more and more, and it took us about one year before we acknowledged our love for one another.

Sadly, due to some differences in our priorities in life, the relationship lasted for only 4 years. However we are still very much in touch, and frequently meet up for meals and chit-chat sessions. And yes: his other half was there to join in the conversation too. :)

Ah... I also met my first ex thru the old Blowing Wind... :)

I just posted to look for fun and he responded... We had sex in his car and we were friends are half a year, having sex, swimming, jogging, having 3somes before we realise we love each other a lot... But sadly, the relationship lasted only for 2 years... think he was not ready for a relationship... I hate him for some time as the way I was dumped was rather not well managed... But he returned as a friend some years later and we are somehow still in touch... Just not frequent... :)

wow so many of u guys know ur ex or bf in Blowing winds.. thats great!!! i used to read the posting in the old blowing wind but never ever post anything b4 hahahhah abit off topic oopz... okok... guys out there... let share how u meet ur boy boy ....

hey buaya...i wrote a few mail to u over here... check ur pvt message?

• 1 year later...

Internet, saunas, parties, discos, swimming pool, ads on websites, shopping centres, toilets, parks, friends' introduction are some ways to get to know new potential partners/boyfriends .

I have used various websites such as Fridae and Sgboy(Trevvy now) in the past to make new friends.

Can anyone share with us how did he find/meet/search/know his current/former boyfriend(s)/partner(s) (mature/younger/local/foreign)?

I met my first ex thru the old BW... :) I posted something looking for fun and he responded. We met, had sex and became sex buddies and even go for orgies together. But we became closer and closer, going out for dates, dinners etc and a good half a year later, we told one another our love for each other in a passionate night in his car before he flew to US for 2 weeks for work... And we lasted abt 2 years as a couple...

I know second ex thru the IRC. The same thing... We were looking for sex and after the first romp, I casually said I will call him again when we are parting. Some days later, I got bored and tried to call some friends up to meet but all not available and I was outside, so cannot IRC to meet new friends and the numbers I got from IRC had been deleted from the HP. And just at that moment, he called me and asked why I had not been calling me... We meet up, had a few more rounds, had dinner, chat for 6hrs every night, meet up with my friends etc and my friends just asked why we are not together when we were like hugging and kissing one another whenever we have the chance... So, we decided to go together and we lasted for a little over 3 years.

I know my third ex at Rairua... :P I was interested in his friend and wanted sex with him but somehow, after a few rounds of walking up and down the place, I ended up with this ex in the private room... :P After exchanging numbers after the sex, we meet up for another round and decided to go together. Just like that. But sadly, we lasted only for a couple of months... I guess the lack of chemistry together as friends as compared to teh previous 2 did us in.

I met my partner through the IRC. We chatted, exchanged numbers but we did not meet until almost a month later. And although he asked for us to be together as a couple just barely a week since we meet, I did not realy fall for him till a couple of months after we are together... And I had been loving him more and more from then and we are in our 4th year together now liao...

I know of couples who are together because of the above reasons and also because of meeting at friend's dinners or parties, cruising at toilets etc... But I am wondering, does all of our relationships start with sex??

My first relationship started when I meet this guy from IRC, we went clubbing with his frd. Somehow I managed to click off better with one of that guy's frd. We ended up being a couple.

Met my second ex from IRC too. He is a army Instructor and that time i am a airforce regular. I was quite impress by him when i first met him, he was 186 cm tall and is very fit. Went for a movie and during that movie he held my hand... relationship starts from there ..

My third relationship happens in a chalet. We are sleeping next to each other and dun know what happened, started holding hands and then we started dating each other.

My forth bf, hehe sounds like i had alot of bf... anyway, i was keeping my frd company while he waits for his date. (someone he knows from IRC) errr ... somehow his date and me seems to hit off better. The lucky thing is that my ex is not my frd's type.. On our first date, i asked him what are the things that he likes.. he says " Muisc, indian vegetarian food, photography..." then he leans close to me and say "... and you." I nearly fainted...

Many years ago when there was no Fridae or Sgboy yet, it was still the early beginning of Cyberspace when Internet was just getting popular. Back then, sometimes during my free time, I would surf the Cyber Highway to search for interesting and nice friends and hopefully meet my partner one day. I was ready for a serious relationship. Before that, I had never thought of having one partner. Dating or relationship never crossed my mind before. Then, this elusive 'sexual awakening' (or getting older?) struck me one fine day, and hey presto! I was interested to find a lifelong partner.

I got to know an internet pal, B who lived in the States and we corresponded for a year before I visited him in California. B had a good, muscular bod and thick eyebrows. He did weight training, swam and ran marathons. He was very much older than I was and he encouraged me to have a relationship when I returned home. When I returned home, I went for a few blind dates(with the help of internet ads). Did not get to meet someone that I was interested to date further. There was a White airlines pilot from S. Africa that I went out out with for several months.

Well, I do not really think that these were real relationships.

However, one day, things were not the same again. My first partner was a Japanese middle-aged guy and I found him on the Internet. Saw his pic and managed to find out his e-mail address somehow. I e-mailed to him and a new friendship was forged. Later we became partners. Until today, he is still my First (and Only) Boyfriend. Hehe. We are physically miles apart but we are still great friends and still keep in touch with each other :)

my first bf was my secondary school mate... lasted for a year.. we were from different classes tho... but we met in bible knowledge class.. lol...

my second bf was from my JC lasted abt 1 and half years... then my next bf was from army... we were together for 3 yrs... 4th bf met at velvet underground... on and off for 3 yrs... final bf was a friends friend... lasted abt 2 yrs...

gosh so many years gone like that... now im single... :D

strangely i never met anyone from the internet that i manage to proceed as bfs like those above... wonder why?

I met mine while I was cruising at Fort Road. In fact that was the second time I met him there. The first time, he left me a deep impression due to his courage to jerk off in full view of the whole vehicle park.

The second time, I invited him home. Well, needless to say, the whole sex is good in privacy. We exchanged numbers, and I sms him to thank him for the great session. We met up a couple of times after, and I guess we just hit off very well.

It is a pity that we have slightly different goals and priority in life and we parted about half a yr later. i have yet to find someone who gives me that tingling feeling since.

Must be BF?

#1 - met him at the old national library in Stamford. He was coming down the staircase when I was with my sec school classmates to research history project. Our eyes met and connected instantly. Had to make an excuse to follow him into the park to get his number! :)

#4 + #5 - met both guys in the same weekend! On Fri, I met #4 in a 3some over IRC days in #gam and on Sun, I met #5 on gay.com. #4 was very kinky. My #4 apparently also met my #5 in the same orgy in an apartment in River Valley on Saturday night!! I didn't know this until a lot later. They also gave me a special 22nd birthday present when we all met at Ford Road Beach and we had a 3some in the bushes!

I met mine while I was cruising at the Cityhall shopping mall, actually i met him 3yrs back but i din have the courage to go forward and said hi. till that day when i met him again in cityhall.

I must thanks to heaven for meeting him again, i took courage to go ahead and said hi to him, and we have a long chat. we din do anything on that day, after the chat i pass my number to him but he din, so i tot maybe he not interested.

but i was surprise that he sms me the next day, and after a few outing, we decide to get together.

We have been together for a 1.5yrs and still going on very strong, we will said I LOVE U to eachother everyday.

To love and be loved is an wonderful things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I met my first and only one in sec 4. :P

That time we only first met cuz he was from Taiwan and had a language barrier.

I was to give him English tuition since we were roomies but ended up doing his English homework for him while he did my Math homework.

He was also the school's Taiwanese 'cool kid', spiky hair, athletic+chiseled+buff and good in everything except English. Just my type hehehe ^.^

My gaydar was broken so I assumed he was straight until he tackledhugged me while I was tipsy one night after a party pretending to be drunk :D I found him out and the relationship started from there and its been so good since then XD

Someone said "If you believe in love at first sight, you never stop looking" (Closer) ... so do I.

I still remember when I was little boy, some one had told me that I will never love anybody :( ... since then somehow I believe it is true. I rarely have special "feeling" to anybody, or may be only attraction ...

But few years ago, while I was waiting for some friends in front of Taboo, there was a man came to me and asked some questions, I did not know what happened but suddently I felt so "strange" in my heart and my mind, then a thought struck to my head that "This man will become someone special in my life". Even now, I dont know why I had this thought that moment.

Then he entered first and me later with friends. Inside, I searched for him and saw he was also searching for ... me but we did not dare to approach or say anything.

When my friends asked me to dance on the small stage with them and he went around me but the funny thing is my friend was interested in him and tried drag him on stage too but he did not want.

So after a while, I decided to turn back and talk to him ... less than 1 minute, he pulled me to a corner and we had great non-stop kiss session there whole night. We did not have sex that night but few days later, ... he called me again ... Since then something serious start.

This man has changed my life to another direction ... he is not the first man in my life but the man who taught me the first lesson of love.

I used to say/write many innocent romantic words/letters to him and now remembering again, I cant understand how I can say such words ... as Jurongwest said "I could so see myself digging a hole and bury myself in" ... but I dont regret about it.

Eventually it did not last as long as I hope ... I was hurted somehow so now I don't believe completely in gay guys anymore, I dont want to go to Taboo anymore ... but I always try to remember the beautiful moments we shared instead of bad things ... because for me, the most important thing he gave is Love at the first sight.

So now, I never stop looking.

And for other guys and friends I know, it is always through internet and sauna.

Edited by castaway

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

• 1 year later...

Well, I never had a bf before so I have nothing to contribute, but I've heard some really cute encounters from my friends:

1) They met here in blowingwind; just 1 of them was posing in some LTR thread and the other guy noticed him & they started messaging and stuff.. and it happened.

2) My friend, saw his current-bf on Facebook & noticed that all their mutual friends seemed to point towards him being gay.. haha. Then he Facebook-messaged him; they dated.. and together now!

3) They originally met for fun... my friend knew he was attached but they went ahead. Turned out they fell in love in their 1st meeting... many things happened and well, they're together now.

These are the only stories I know, ^^

But it's really sweet reading all these posts... nice!

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

• Guest locked this topic