Male HQ

Share Success Stories Of Where & How Did You Find / Meet Your Boyfriend / Partner / Buddy? (Compiled)

I met my ex, Joe, at the old Fort Road beach on a late Monday afternoon.

We went back to his place and spent 3 hours having sex and talking in bed.

He was definitely a man of many talents - play the piano well.

I like him too much to see him go.. no thanks to the Japanese tsunami.

He is now back in US of America and wont be back.

We discussed that a long distance relationship wont work and wish each other all the best.

In the army.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

My first bf = I was showing my 2 Taiwanese friends about this cruisy gay park. Since my role was only to accompany them, I was neither well dressed nor well groomed. Yet my bf chose me.

My second bf = This time I accompanied my Malaysian friend to the same park. We were joking. I was laughing so foolishly that I forgot my poise when my 2nd bf saw me. He picked me over my cuter, younger Malaysian friend.

Morale of the story: ALWAYS accompany your friend to cruise. Your good deeds will be well paid in life. You'll get lucky. :)

Edited by tic-toc

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Yeah, that area was one of few cruising areas last time, especially after midnite and quite crowded on weekend (because just next to former satay club). Some PLUs (those shy type) would just sit at the steps of Lim Bo Seng Memorial Statue and waiting to be approached.The worst thing when you met someone, didn't know where to go to have fun. That time wasn' t so many budget hotel for a quicky one, like hotel 81 etc. Now, the former cruising area only history.

Sounds interesting.

One place to visit after my holidays start. :thumb:

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Sad guest

My first and only bf I met was on MIRC back in 1998. We were together for 10 yrs. We had so many things in common.

The ltr just cooled off ..we never broke up at all. The last I heard of him was in 2008.

I still think of him....has the urge to see him secretly at his house..his workplace.

as I am writing this.

It's been 3 yrs now and I still sms him on his birthday and he just replied with a thank you. I never received any sms from him at all other than that. He's 39 and I'm 41 now.

I will be very sad if I knew he is attached again..because we didnt part officially.

On the other hand, for these 3 yrs...I have been on the look out for ltr but it's not easy finding the right guy with the same interest etc...

Shld I meet up with my bf again? Dunno if he will want to meet me too? Sigh...

Guest 8 yrs

I'm an expat and arrived in Sg in 1998.

1st bf: gay bar in Orchard Towers... lasted 1 1/2 yrs.

2nd bf: gay bar in KL: commuted up on days off for 1yr.

3rd bf: met in a gay sauna in Sg (RAW).Had ONS then decided there could be something there. Decided to date for 2 weeks with no sex to see if we could develop a relationship not just based on sex. We've been together since 2002. Bought an HDB together 6 yrs ago.

Keep looking guys. There are loving companions out there that want to be in relationships.

Hugs to all

Guest imseeker

My first and only bf I met was on MIRC back in 1998. We were together for 10 yrs. We had so many things in common.

The ltr just cooled off ..we never broke up at all. The last I heard of him was in 2008.

I still think of him....has the urge to see him secretly at his house..his workplace.

as I am writing this.

It's been 3 yrs now and I still sms him on his birthday and he just replied with a thank you. I never received any sms from him at all other than that. He's 39 and I'm 41 now.

I will be very sad if I knew he is attached again..because we didnt part officially.

On the other hand, for these 3 yrs...I have been on the look out for ltr but it's not easy finding the right guy with the same interest etc...

Shld I meet up with my bf again? Dunno if he will want to meet me too? Sigh...

Ask him out for dinner and coffee, purely to catch up with him and exchange going-ons in your lives...

Don't expect anything from him, it doesn't matter how he replies, at least you took the first step.

Just treat him as a friend and be civil, be nice.

Guest Gueat

First one meet at my work place . Few month

Second is meet in the club. 3 years

Present one meet in the swimming pool. Already 19years till now.

Love is so fun !!!

Guest spencerrr

I'm an expat and arrived in Sg in 1998.

1st bf: gay bar in Orchard Towers... lasted 1 1/2 yrs.

2nd bf: gay bar in KL: commuted up on days off for 1yr.

3rd bf: met in a gay sauna in Sg (RAW).Had ONS then decided there could be something there. Decided to date for 2 weeks with no sex to see if we could develop a relationship not just based on sex. We've been together since 2002. Bought an HDB together 6 yrs ago.

Keep looking guys. There are loving companions out there that want to be in relationships.

Hugs to all

very nice. i wish there are more guys like you and ur partner out there, where u guys develop a rs not just based on sex. :)

cheers expat! wish u all the best! :)

Guest ronin

I was a passenger on flight back to singapore and he's came by in his kerbaya (ok, its uniform) and asked with a broad smile: "sir, you want chicken, beef or me"

I will cum in 1 min while watching 1 min hot pxxn or 1 hour for 1 hour pxxn. Lol

my first bf...

a gay movie outing... just a few of us.. my fren intro me to him... :) my first love though.. lasted 8yrs.. oh well.. :)

my 2nd bf...

a gay sentosa outing also.. but he was my other friend's bf... but he is interested in me.. we chatted.. then get closer eventually.. then.. we got together... :P but we last 1/2 year only...

my 3rd bf... (presently)

on IRC. suppose to be just an ONS session... then.. i like him.. coz he's kinda cute and lean and obviously super my type... :P then.. he also kinda likes me.. haha.. so.. we're still together.. sex is ALWAYS a hot one.. he never fails to makes me smile.. and also sometime makes me angry! tsk tsk!

i always tot IRC is a place where ppl just F & G... but it proves me wrong... there's quite a handsful of nice ppl there..

he's the one for me though.. :) more years to come! :)

i met my bf at my work place...he's my my superior,i love him so much till now...me 27 now n he's 39 now...

View Postgary, on 03 June 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

dear all i would like to ogarnize such a party is there any intrested???

all cost will be share together. but limited to only 5 to 8 ppl only! age between 21 to 30 yrs only.

all races are welcome!

if u intrested pls do give me your email here as i will reply u all back asap.

only shortlisted will be enlisted.

-------------------------------------

hi...blueheaven69@hotmail.com

you love him so much but still go for gang bang group sex. Is this how relationship works? I was very touched by this thread until I saw this.

Most of long lasted r/s shared here, they did have outside flings for the first few years. Outside flings as in with 1 person at a time I can understand. But group sex!! how can you justify your "love" when you enjoy gang bang group sex?

I do support open r/s if it works. But should there be a limit to your openess? besides, there are other consequences such as std to be considered.

you love him so much but still go for gang bang group sex. Is this how relationship works? I was very touched by this thread until I saw this.

Most of long lasted r/s shared here, they did have outside flings for the first few years. Outside flings as in with 1 person at a time I can understand. But group sex!! how can you justify your "love" when you enjoy gang bang group sex?

I do support open r/s if it works. But should there be a limit to your openess? besides, there are other consequences such as std to be considered.

Putting the probability of contracting an STD aside (and here I would also like to note that I feel it is a sometimes questionable leap of faith to always assume that anyone who has been involved in group sex is of higher promiscuity and therefore presents a higher STD risk profile), why would you think group sex proves or poses a greater threat to their relationship than individual flings?

I would actually argue the reverse: I think that a 1-1 affair with the same person on the side, over a protracted period, is the greater threat, as that situation is more likely to lead to a state of competing affections. Meanwhile, in a group session, there is a higher degree of objectification with regard to one's partners - everyone is a sex object and therefore less likely to become a rival in love.

And why should there be a limit to their openness? So long as both parties in the relationship can manage their expectations and emotions, I personally believe there should be no limits. A gay relationship is already a curiosity with little basis either in nature or tradition, and I choose to see this as an opportunity instead of an aberration, the opportunity to explore, challenge and if necessary reinvent the very concept of relationship. Too much of what we keep in our heads about what relationships "should be" have been imported wholesale from heterosexual legal, cultural and religious structures, and have no meaning in a gay relationship.

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Putting the probability of contracting an STD aside (and here I would also like to note that I feel it is a sometimes questionable leap of faith to always assume that anyone who has been involved in group sex is of higher promiscuity and therefore presents a higher STD risk profile), why would you think group sex proves or poses a greater threat to their relationship than individual flings?

I would actually argue the reverse: I think that a 1-1 affair with the same person on the side, over a protracted period, is the greater threat, as that situation is more likely to lead to a state of competing affections. Meanwhile, in a group session, there is a higher degree of objectification with regard to one's partners - everyone is a sex object and therefore less likely to become a rival in love.

And why should there be a limit to their openness? So long as both parties in the relationship can manage their expectations and emotions, I personally believe there should be no limits. A gay relationship is already a curiosity with little basis either in nature or tradition, and I choose to see this as an opportunity instead of an aberration, the opportunity to explore, challenge and if necessary reinvent the very concept of relationship. Too much of what we keep in our heads about what relationships "should be" have been imported wholesale from heterosexual legal, cultural and religious structures, and have no meaning in a gay relationship.

1 important component of rs is commitment and exclusiveness (in sex). You can be flexible but if too flexible it wont be a rs anymore. Then dont call urselves bf/partner or so. Just call close friend/best friend cos that suits it more. It's like a chair is a chair. A massage chair is also a chair with the massaging function. U cant call a normal chair a massage chair if it does not have the massge function.

What's the point of labelling urself "in a rs" while you're free to have sex with anyone you want and do it frequently?

• 1 month later...
Guest thehunkinside

Hi !

i'm new to the gay scene. Gettin older and longing for a companion to share my life with.

Wanted to get some advice from all of you. How did you get attached and what advice do you have for a meaningful relationship.

Thank you BWers !

In the airforce.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest AmosLim

Interestingly enough, my boyfriend and I met at a straight pub along Clark Quay. It was a weekdays night and I had gotten off work a little later than usual. Feeling little out of sorts and crummy, I just ventured randomly into one of the watering holes along the river side. I sat out at the open under the canopy and was downing a beer when he came into the picture. He was talking on his mobile along the rails pacing back and forth seemingly deep in conversation with one arm across his chest cradling the elbow of the other that had his phone wedge tightly to his ear. All the while he was nodding or shaking his head accompanied by muffled sounds of affirmations.

I just couldn't get my eyes off the guy. He seemed a little comical even with a stoic deadpan look on his face. The intense concentration and his fidgety body language was very endearing to me. It was odd that when he got off the phone he looked at my direction and caught me leering at him. Haha. Staring really, didn't let off any drool the last time I checked. The next unexpected thing was that he gave me a bashful crooked smile that made his eyes light up, as if he was embarrassed being appreciated by somebody checking him out from afar.

He slid his phone into his trousers and walked right by my table and asked if I was expecting anyone else. I told him I was alone and he could join me if he liked as I could use a little company myself. We chatted and it was easy, it almost seemed like we've known each other forever. We were extremely comfortable and the words came easily,but neither of us could be certain if we we gay or just some friendly bloke who just wants a beer chugging buddy to down the sorrows with. I was the one who made the first bold move and shifted my leg till it touches his. When it did, I didn't move away and neither did he. I felt that it was still a little way too premature to decide on what's the next step and before I could think of another approach, he took my hand in his and suggested that we walk down along the river together and enjoy the cool breeze.

We chatted as we walked and as we got closer to the end he turned around and faced me and shifted till our arms were in contact and our bodies were in close proximity. He had that silly smile on his face and then he asked if I was staring at him the whole time when he was on the phone earlier. I felt embarrassed but felt that there was no reason to deny that fact. He broke into a full grin and moved forward and gave me a peck on the left side of my cheek. I stood there frozen for a second, it was so unreal at that moment. We exchanged numbers and the rest as they say is history.

Interestingly enough, my boyfriend and I met at a straight pub along Clark Quay. It was a weekdays night and I had gotten off work a little later than usual. Feeling little out of sorts and crummy, I just ventured randomly into one of the watering holes along the river side. I sat out at the open under the canopy and was downing a beer when he came into the picture. He was talking on his mobile along the rails pacing back and forth seemingly deep in conversation with one arm across his chest cradling the elbow of the other that had his phone wedge tightly to his ear. All the while he was nodding or shaking his head accompanied by muffled sounds of affirmations.

I just couldn't get my eyes off the guy. He seemed a little comical even with a stoic deadpan look on his face. The intense concentration and his fidgety body language was very endearing to me. It was odd that when he got off the phone he looked at my direction and caught me leering at him. Haha. Staring really, didn't let off any drool the last time I checked. The next unexpected thing was that he gave me a bashful crooked smile that made his eyes light up, as if he was embarrassed being appreciated by somebody checking him out from afar.

He slid his phone into his trousers and walked right by my table and asked if I was expecting anyone else. I told him I was alone and he could join me if he liked as I could use a little company myself. We chatted and it was easy, it almost seemed like we've known each other forever. We were extremely comfortable and the words came easily,but neither of us could be certain if we we gay or just some friendly bloke who just wants a beer chugging buddy to down the sorrows with. I was the one who made the first bold move and shifted my leg till it touches his. When it did, I didn't move away and neither did he. I felt that it was still a little way too premature to decide on what's the next step and before I could think of another approach, he took my hand in his and suggested that we walk down along the river together and enjoy the cool breeze.

We chatted as we walked and as we got closer to the end he turned around and faced me and shifted till our arms were in contact and our bodies were in close proximity. He had that silly smile on his face and then he asked if I was staring at him the whole time when he was on the phone earlier. I felt embarrassed but felt that there was no reason to deny that fact. He broke into a full grin and moved forward and gave me a peck on the left side of my cheek. I stood there frozen for a second, it was so unreal at that moment. We exchanged numbers and the rest as they say is history.

Awwwwww... :wub:

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

thank you guys ! karen carpenter put it best

"The hardest thing I've ever done is keep believing

There's someone in this crazy world for me

The way that people come and go through temporary lives

My chance could come and I might never know"

I'm still believing and waiting.... just not sure how this tale turns out...

My heart melted... How long have you guys been together already?

Guest Ten years and going

Believe it or not a bathhouse! Yes, I know; I never thought a LTR would present itself in such a location but there you have it. We exchanged numbers and started dating almost every night. Then started doing sleepovers regularly to the point within a few weeks we were almost spending every night of the week together. After a few years of that we took the plunge and bought an HDB together and have been together as true partners in life for over 6 years.

Guest CYnical me

Believe it or not a bathhouse! Yes, I know; I never thought a LTR would present itself in such a location but there you have it. We exchanged numbers and started dating almost every night. Then started doing sleepovers regularly to the point within a few weeks we were almost spending every night of the week together. After a few years of that we took the plunge and bought an HDB together and have been together as true partners in life for over 6 years.

this shows that you can find love in every single hole.. i mean corner.

4 months and going on strong. :)

For the love of love and faith, please keep this going on strong...

Heck, I feel like a desperate naive whore now, but if you ever find yourself in need of relationship advice, feel free to PM me and ask me anything, ANYTHING. I'm in an almost-three year long relationship now and have worked hard to keep it going despite the odds and setbacks my boyfriend and I have gone through. We took such a long time to get through to our current stage and as such know a thing or two about the dynamics of a relationship and how it's supposed to work.

Apologies if I come off as being desperate, but I am.. Your story is just too perfect, and I would absolutely hate for it to come to naught, as so many of my friends' relationships have done.

I just transferred to Singapore from UK and decided to place an ad in the ADVOCATE (US) which appeared in June 1983 issue - by then I was in the US on a course. One of the replies was from a guy my age and who just transferred to Singapore from Melbourne. I did not get to see his letter until I was back from the US in August. I called him and we met on the 30th of August 1983 outside CK Tang. We found out that we are both Chinese East Malaysians and our hometowns were just a 100 or so km apart! We had dinner and what we thought would be a ONS. It was a fantastic "ONS" so much so that we met each other every night .....

We just celebrated our 28th anniversary :-)

Guest AmosLim

For the love of love and faith, please keep this going on strong...

Heck, I feel like a desperate naive whore now, but if you ever find yourself in need of relationship advice, feel free to PM me and ask me anything, ANYTHING. I'm in an almost-three year long relationship now and have worked hard to keep it going despite the odds and setbacks my boyfriend and I have gone through. We took such a long time to get through to our current stage and as such know a thing or two about the dynamics of a relationship and how it's supposed to work.

Apologies if I come off as being desperate, but I am.. Your story is just too perfect, and I would absolutely hate for it to come to naught, as so many of my friends' relationships have done.

Dear Histonin, you are one fine chap really. Thanks for your words of support and encouragement. The thing between my boyfriend and I would probably have been purely providence and serendipity. Though 4 months isn't a long time into a relationship, everything has been peachy and sane. For a person who used to think that I could find someone by visiting saunas, I have never had thought that I would ever meet my better half in this manner. We meet up every single night, weekends are strictly ours and we would often compromise with each other in deciding on what we want to do. I guess it helps that we are polar opposites as everything about what we find of each other as a novelty and the good thing is, it doesn't get old. We are like a pair of twins just borne to different parents.

I guess so far what I could gather for a relationship to work must consist firstly of eye contact not only when in conversation but at times when there are no words exchanged, it would be perfect to stare into the eyes of someone you love softly and deeply and let your souls communicate. Secondly, touch. Not really about sex, but a nudge on the shoulder, a pat on the pat on the back, a squeeze to the hand, a light slap on the buttocks...etc. And last but not least, communication. Always talk things out and never avoid the nitty gritty. If you choose to avoid getting dirty, the shit will only be left to pile up. The good thing about my boyfriend is that he jumps straight into the problem and never ever avoids it. For example, a couple of weeks back, I had an issue with a colleague at work and it really bothered me, I never was the person who brings work out of work but it affected me. While we were out, he noticed the negativity, despite my denials. He dug in out of me like a three day old brown puppy with a big nose and at the end of it all I had a good laugh and it helped resolved on what I could do for work the next day.

Ultimately, the right person would be someone you will have to be highly comfortable with mutually. There can never be secrets and lies existing between the both of you. The idea of the soul mate is for both persons to bare themselves physically, spiritually and emotionally to each other, giving full trust and respect unconditionally. When you feel like you are able to commit yourself to this one person and really have a life with him, you would automatically want to lose your vices and even correct your idiosyncrasies.

Of course sex is important too but trust me, it isn't everything. :lol:

I just transferred to Singapore from UK and decided to place an ad in the ADVOCATE (US) which appeared in June 1983 issue - by then I was in the US on a course. One of the replies was from a guy my age and who just transferred to Singapore from Melbourne. I did not get to see his letter until I was back from the US in August. I called him and we met on the 30th of August 1983 outside CK Tang. We found out that we are both Chinese East Malaysians and our hometowns were just a 100 or so km apart! We had dinner and what we thought would be a ONS. It was a fantastic "ONS" so much so that we met each other every night .....

We just celebrated our 28th anniversary :-)

Congratulations!

And all the best for many years more!

Guest JJMel

aiyoh... all you guys so lucky leh, got bfs for so long, i dun even have one/ever had one :( :( :(

i guess its cos i never go out into the scenes late at night or something, so never get the chance to meet...

aiyoh... all you guys so lucky leh, got bfs for so long, i dun even have one/ever had one :( :( :(

i guess its cos i never go out into the scenes late at night or something, so never get the chance to meet...

Just wait! It may happen at any moment of the day.

And it arrives unexpected.

Best wishes!

Guest JJMel

Just wait! It may happen at any moment of the day.

And it arrives unexpected.

Best wishes!

i guess although i've known i was gay for so long/wanted a relationship for so long, but it's never happened yet,i just lost hope :P

Dear Histonin, you are one fine chap really. Thanks for your words of support and encouragement. The thing between my boyfriend and I would probably have been purely providence and serendipity. Though 4 months isn't a long time into a relationship, everything has been peachy and sane. For a person who used to think that I could find someone by visiting saunas, I have never had thought that I would ever meet my better half in this manner. We meet up every single night, weekends are strictly ours and we would often compromise with each other in deciding on what we want to do. I guess it helps that we are polar opposites as everything about what we find of each other as a novelty and the good thing is, it doesn't get old. We are like a pair of twins just borne to different parents.

I guess so far what I could gather for a relationship to work must consist firstly of eye contact not only when in conversation but at times when there are no words exchanged, it would be perfect to stare into the eyes of someone you love softly and deeply and let your souls communicate. Secondly, touch. Not really about sex, but a nudge on the shoulder, a pat on the pat on the back, a squeeze to the hand, a light slap on the buttocks...etc. And last but not least, communication. Always talk things out and never avoid the nitty gritty. If you choose to avoid getting dirty, the shit will only be left to pile up. The good thing about my boyfriend is that he jumps straight into the problem and never ever avoids it. For example, a couple of weeks back, I had an issue with a colleague at work and it really bothered me, I never was the person who brings work out of work but it affected me. While we were out, he noticed the negativity, despite my denials. He dug in out of me like a three day old brown puppy with a big nose and at the end of it all I had a good laugh and it helped resolved on what I could do for work the next day.

Ultimately, the right person would be someone you will have to be highly comfortable with mutually. There can never be secrets and lies existing between the both of you. The idea of the soul mate is for both persons to bare themselves physically, spiritually and emotionally to each other, giving full trust and respect unconditionally. When you feel like you are able to commit yourself to this one person and really have a life with him, you would automatically want to lose your vices and even correct your idiosyncrasies.

Of course sex is important too but trust me, it isn't everything. :lol:

Wow, I really envy you guys who actually met up in such a way... I used to sit around that area too but didn't really had any chance... :( Maybe I should do something about my body and looks?! lol (joking)

How abt, what advice(s) will you guys give to those who are still waiting for the right one to appear in their lives (like me)?

Other than hoping and waiting, how can one search for one without looking too desperate? haha.

*here's one who is very single and very available! :P*

Will you be my valentine's? :D

I really and truly believe in affinity.

I had a rather bad experience prior to my current bf; which makes me rather firm that I do not want anymore relationship. So, late one night, I was bored and decided to logon to IRC. As we all know, 90% of those inside IRC are seeking fun. Can't remembered who PM who.. and we starting chatting in IRC.. then via MSN, then via phone call and we went out like the next day or so?

I wasn't expecting anything out of this, especially so after a hiatus of more than 6months, more of like settled back to being single lifestyle. We met over lunch and we did have a good chat. We are able to communicate well (although i think i talk more :lol: )

A few more dates later, he asked me to be his bf, which I was rather reluctant. He persisted and I told myself to give it a try... and here we are, celebrating yet another anniversary next week. :)

To all those who are seeking LTR, keep your mind open. A relationship will hit you when you least expected, and when it does, give it your best shot! To all those attached, continue to cherish and appreciate your beloved partner. :)

Guest imseeker

Sorry to digress from the thread topic but on the topic of bfs:

I met this guy in May 2011 and we got together as bfs right from the start, for a grand total of one week.

It ended when he threw a hissy temper over a small incident, conducted a series of arguments over SMS, all the while with the attitude that he was right and I was wrong, when the reality could not be any more different.

So I just ignored him totally!

What a bloody fxxking creep! I'd rather be single and save being hurt by a one-week old stranger k!

i guess although i've known i was gay for so long/wanted a relationship for so long, but it's never happened yet,i just lost hope :P

Cheer up! You should never loose hope!

I met my first and alone bf after 30 years of ONS...

And we reached our 9th anniversary.

Good luck!

Straight out of a fairytale!

• Guest locked this topic