Male HQ

Share Success Stories Of Where & How Did You Find / Meet Your Boyfriend / Partner / Buddy? (Compiled)

Sorry to digress from the thread topic but on the topic of bfs:

I met this guy in May 2011 and we got together as bfs right from the start, for a grand total of one week.

It ended when he threw a hissy temper over a small incident, conducted a series of arguments over SMS, all the while with the attitude that he was right and I was wrong, when the reality could not be any more different.

So I just ignored him totally!

What a bloody fxxking creep! I'd rather be single and save being hurt by a one-week old stranger k!

there there :mellow:

Guest imseeker

there there :mellow:

Lots of creeps out there, even if they're in respectable jobs like the teaching profession :rolleyes:

What I learnt was that it's just not possible (or very difficult) to get into a relationship without getting to know the other guy and being friends first. It helps if the guy is complementary to your life and you don't have to change too much for him (be it character, lifestyle, habits, interests etc).

Edited by imseeker

Lots of creeps out there, even if they're in respectable jobs like the teaching profession :rolleyes:

What I learnt was that it's just not possible (or very difficult) to get into a relationship without getting to know the other guy and being friends first. It helps if the guy is complementary to your life and you don't have to change too much for him (be it character, lifestyle, habits, interests etc).

yeah, it's pretty sad if one has to be some other kind of person just to hold on to another person's love. totally just not worth it.

It's not about having to change your lifestyle for the other person. It's about compromising. Don't forget, your partner has to change his lifestyle to suit yours too.

Fate and prayers brought me my partner. I was young, 23 years old, still in university, full of romantic notions of meeting my knight in shining armour, the older man who would look after me and guide me in this 'sinful' and 'unspeakable' lifestyle. I had slowly come out to some of my closest friends and thankfully they accepted me. My family... I keep myself in the closet. I was searching, I cruised - Raffles City, Plaza Singapura, etc, but nothing ever happened. I was too afraid. I knew it was dangerous, the police were watching, Aids, the shame of getting caught.

I was wondering how I could ever be the real ME... sexually.

One December night, few days before Christmas, I was waiting for my friends at the Raffles Place MRT station. 7 p.m. I remember. Office executives in their long sleeves and ties... my kind of men. My friends were late, never mind, I've got my eye candy to distract me :) Then he walked by, tensed look and a frown on his forehead. Not very good looking but he had a aura surrounding him. Light blue long sleeves with a colourful tie, navy blue trousers held up by a pair of dark-brown suspenders. He stopped, looked in my direction. I caught his eyes and smiled shyly. He smiled and walked over. We started talking. He invited me for dinner. But I'm meeting my friends, I can't... There's no way of contacting them, there were no handphones at that time. Hell, it's not everyday that I'd meet the man of my dreams. I ditched my friends! And went on a dinner date with this man. We talked and talked and talked. Meanwhile, I ignored my pager which was vibrating non-stop.... Till this day, my friends still think I misplaced my pager and had forgotten our appointment.. *wink wink*

He had a bad day at the office. We talked about ourselves, our habits, our likes, our dislikes over a long dinner. He is Malaysian, headhunted to fill a senior position in a bank. He was 40, 17 years older than me. They didn't like him because he was a hardworker and full of drive. We talked and talked. After dinner, he asked me home. I was nervous. My past experiences were fondling in public toilets, or there was once in this married man's office (that was totally unglam)... In the taxi ride back to his flat, he held my hand, using his briefcase to hide it from the view of the taxi-driver.

I don't remember if we even had sex. I was cuddling in his arms. I noticed he didn't like to kiss. Anyway, 3 a.m. Time to go... He took out $50. 'For your taxi home', he said. I thought to myself, 'This is it. He's paying the slut-boy off with $50.' He gave me his office number, 'Call me.'

The next day, I called him after class. His secretary said he was in a meeting. I left a message for him to page me. 'No hope lah... he already paid $50', I said to myself. He paged me that night after his terrible pow-wow in the meeting room. He wanted to see me again. We met for a quick dinner. I had to go, I had an early class the next day. We arranged to meet again the day after Christmas.

The day after Christmas. We met for lunch. His nephew and nieces were in town. We brought them around. They were around my age and they knew this uncle was gay. They must be thinking I'm their uncle's new slut-toy-boy... But they were very nice to me. We went back to his place. They were staying with him. We were in his room. He told me, 'Don't worry about them. They like you.' Then he took out a new toothbrush, 'This is for you. You need to brush your teeth in the morning. You are welcome to stay as long as you like.'

Fate and prayers brought me to him. He had broken off with his boyfriend who was still in Malaysia. The ex had promised to come over to join him in Singapore and work. But excuses after excuses, the ex kept postponing the move. Then he found out that the ex had already found a new partner. Just before Christmas, he prayed to St Nicholas (he's catholic), who represents Father Christmas, for a new partner and a new lease in life. And that's what happened after his long terrible day at work, we met at the Raffles Place MRT station.

That was 1993. I am now 41 and he is 58. I have since moved to Malaysia with him and he still doesn't like to kiss.

Guest Guest

It's not about having to change your lifestyle for the other person. It's about compromising. Don't forget, your ...That was 1993. I am now 41 and he is 58. I have since moved to Malaysia with him and he still doesn't like to kiss.

nice!

meeting the destined one seems to be like a magic that happens when you least expected

ok fine so here is how i met my bf. =)

so i was in this really abusive relationship with this 19 year old.

when i first got to know him, he was all kind and loving and sweet. it was like the perfect relationship. LOL. i know la, cause its the honeymoon period what, all nice and sweet. but one thing i soon realised about this ex of mine is that he abuses me and call me degaratory terms whenever his froends are around. and only whne his friends are around will he humiliate me and call me terms i rather not mention here. im a passive top btw, and he was a active btm.

ther were times when i just wanna give up, but then whenever i did have those thoughts, he would somehow treat me super nicely and lovingly.

only then did i realise that he only acts differently when his friends are around.

so there was this one day it was still the honeymoon period, i think like 2 weeks from where we took the relationship to the next step and i was trying to be nice and picked him up from school.

he is schooling at Nafa btw, and i was there waiting for him to end his class. and if you go nafa, you will know that there is a certain coffee place at the school itself, so i was there waiting and drinking my cup of latte, when i realised got this group of boys chit chatting away. totally and obviously gay.. =P

since i was like bored, i went over and chit chatted with them, and like tried to make friends la, giving the excuse that i was bored and that they seem like a fun bunch.

it was abit awkward at first, but we got along well. well almost all, but this one guy named Nic.

he was like quiet the whole way, trust me i know, cause i was definatelty attracted to him, he was boyish and lean, tall dude. about my height, at first i thought he was straight leh, but then when he started to roll his eyes and be bitchy i knew he wasnt.

my bf ended his class, and like not wanting to be seen "flirting" with other guys, i gave my number to them and told them that i would love to hang out again.

a few days later, i recieved a text from nic. he wanted to meet up and chit chat, and i thought it was with his group of friends, and because i was wit my bf at his place then, i told him if he minded if i brought my bf along.

but somehow i didnt meet up with nic, cause my bf was lke really possesive and didnt allow me to meet my friends.

a few days later, i texted nic and asked if he wanted to hang out, and so we met up.

he was super sweet and all, and we got along fine with each other, like really comfortable, i even forgot that i was attahced at one point till he reminded me that i was attahced and that i should stop making him fall for me.

nic became my strenght when my bf was really stepping and walking all over me, and there was this one time when i was outside with my bf and his friends, when nic called me crying, asking if i could go meet him. so i walked up and went a distance away and talked with him for awhile. this got the attention of my bf and he got all suspicious and angry. he even accused me of cheating behind his back. i seriously wanted to say this to him at that point " if you treated me nicer i would have devoted to you"

but i didnt cause i didnt like quarrels. i didnt go home that night, instead i went over to nics place, and when my bf got home and see tat i wasnt online he called me and ask where i was. i told him i was going to sleep.

but in actual fact, i was with nic, under his bloc, listening to how his ex bf treated him and abused him, and how i was the first person he really liked after so long and that he was saddened that i was attached. i lent him my shoulder and once he felt better, i asked him to go home and rest up, while i had only like 2 more hours till i have to report to camp. ( i was in my last month of ns at that point)

months past and nic was my constant companion throughout my abusive relationship with my bf. he kept on giving me moral support and kept telling me to just stick on and maybe my bf will change. he kept giving me advise and kept being there for me whenever i just broke down and cried. in a nutshell, he was there for me everytime my bf brought me down.

i didnt consider myself being unfaithful to my bf, cause i made it clear to nic that i was attached and he knows it, the only form of bodily contact is when we hug when we parted ways, and i never once did anything unfaithful to my bf.

while on the other hand, my bf went clubbing, made out with guys in the club and said that " its only kissing what" when i confronted him, and soon, i also found out that he brought guys over to his house to have sex whenever i had duty in camp and cant go back home. he admitted this himself.

i was torn and heartbroken but i stil kept on going, and at that point of time i was involved in this ambassador hunt for Sg rainbow, and i had to be at pinkdot. my bf wanted to come along much to my dismay, knowing that he has a attention span of a 5 year old and gets bored easily, he never once supported this amabassador hunt that i was involved in, instead me made a ridicule out of me. even on the pink dot day itself, he brought shame to me, i introduced him to my friends and he didnt even bother to try to talk or even look up to them while they were introducing themself to him. i seriously didnt know where to put my face sia. after pink dot, he fought with me, saying that i didnt have time for him and that why cant i just driop out of the competition, and that i was a failure and everything.

i totally lost hope in a lgbt relationshiip then. he shouted at me in public, just across a event celebrationg gay pride. he made fun of me infront of his friends and ridiculed me. the rest of my friends were already making thier way back to the hotel, but i stayed on for him, and he did this to me, i left him and his friends and walked alone all the way back tot the hotel.

crying the whole way. i dropped out from the competion soon after, because of what he made me become and also because of some other personal reason. i even went clubbing with my frind jus to try to forget my ex. i was making kinda a big scene there, crying and scolding the nthing ess with my friend beside me, the people at taboo must have gotten quite a show that night, behind the club.

i made the decision to forget him, move on, but it was hard. untill one day nic called me up, he was under my block, he asked me to get dressed and go out with him. he brought me to the beach and we had donuts there. just enjoying each other company, finally in that whole month, i smiled genuinely.. blah blah blah and the rest was history.

this month will be the 5 month im in a relationship with nic. and as weird as it seem he is a top too. so who says that two tops cant be together in a loving relationship.

i love him with all my heart now. =) and he made me move on from a very abusive and controlling relationship, without ever once trying to break the relationship i was already in. he just waited for me, been strong for me, and supported me, and now he is my bf. things arent always as it seems, sometims the best of looks might not be the best of lovers.

but lucky for me, nic is a good looker. lol.

so there is my story. i know its kinda long, but its 100 percent true. =) ouh he is 21 btw. =)same age as me

Edited by ryuin

It's not about having to change your lifestyle for the other person. It's about compromising. Don't forget, your partner has to change his lifestyle to suit yours too.

Fate and prayers brought me my partner. I was young, 23 years old, still in university, full of romantic notions of meeting my knight in shining armour, the older man who would look after me and guide me in this 'sinful' and 'unspeakable' lifestyle. I had slowly come out to some of my closest friends and thankfully they accepted me. My family... I keep myself in the closet. I was searching, I cruised - Raffles City, Plaza Singapura, etc, but nothing ever happened. I was too afraid. I knew it was dangerous, the police were watching, Aids, the shame of getting caught.

I was wondering how I could ever be the real ME... sexually.

One December night, few days before Christmas, I was waiting for my friends at the Raffles Place MRT station. 7 p.m. I remember. Office executives in their long sleeves and ties... my kind of men. My friends were late, never mind, I've got my eye candy to distract me :) Then he walked by, tensed look and a frown on his forehead. Not very good looking but he had a aura surrounding him. Light blue long sleeves with a colourful tie, navy blue trousers held up by a pair of dark-brown suspenders. He stopped, looked in my direction. I caught his eyes and smiled shyly. He smiled and walked over. We started talking. He invited me for dinner. But I'm meeting my friends, I can't... There's no way of contacting them, there were no handphones at that time. Hell, it's not everyday that I'd meet the man of my dreams. I ditched my friends! And went on a dinner date with this man. We talked and talked and talked. Meanwhile, I ignored my pager which was vibrating non-stop.... Till this day, my friends still think I misplaced my pager and had forgotten our appointment.. *wink wink*

He had a bad day at the office. We talked about ourselves, our habits, our likes, our dislikes over a long dinner. He is Malaysian, headhunted to fill a senior position in a bank. He was 40, 17 years older than me. They didn't like him because he was a hardworker and full of drive. We talked and talked. After dinner, he asked me home. I was nervous. My past experiences were fondling in public toilets, or there was once in this married man's office (that was totally unglam)... In the taxi ride back to his flat, he held my hand, using his briefcase to hide it from the view of the taxi-driver.

I don't remember if we even had sex. I was cuddling in his arms. I noticed he didn't like to kiss. Anyway, 3 a.m. Time to go... He took out $50. 'For your taxi home', he said. I thought to myself, 'This is it. He's paying the slut-boy off with $50.' He gave me his office number, 'Call me.'

The next day, I called him after class. His secretary said he was in a meeting. I left a message for him to page me. 'No hope lah... he already paid $50', I said to myself. He paged me that night after his terrible pow-wow in the meeting room. He wanted to see me again. We met for a quick dinner. I had to go, I had an early class the next day. We arranged to meet again the day after Christmas.

The day after Christmas. We met for lunch. His nephew and nieces were in town. We brought them around. They were around my age and they knew this uncle was gay. They must be thinking I'm their uncle's new slut-toy-boy... But they were very nice to me. We went back to his place. They were staying with him. We were in his room. He told me, 'Don't worry about them. They like you.' Then he took out a new toothbrush, 'This is for you. You need to brush your teeth in the morning. You are welcome to stay as long as you like.'

Fate and prayers brought me to him. He had broken off with his boyfriend who was still in Malaysia. The ex had promised to come over to join him in Singapore and work. But excuses after excuses, the ex kept postponing the move. Then he found out that the ex had already found a new partner. Just before Christmas, he prayed to St Nicholas (he's catholic), who represents Father Christmas, for a new partner and a new lease in life. And that's what happened after his long terrible day at work, we met at the Raffles Place MRT station.

That was 1993. I am now 41 and he is 58. I have since moved to Malaysia with him and he still doesn't like to kiss.

I'll die of joy reading this. :)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Guest Guest

ok fine so here is how i met my bf. =)

so i was in this really abusive relationship with this 19 year old.

when i first got to know him, he was all kind and loving and sweet. it was like the perfect relationship. LOL. i know la, cause its the honeymoon period what, all nice and sweet. but one thing i soon realised about this ex of mine is that he abuses me and call me degaratory terms whenever his froends are around. and only whne his friends are around will he humiliate me and call me terms i rather not mention here. im a passive top btw, and he was a active btm.

/

/

/

i love him with all my heart now. =) and he made me move on from a very abusive and controlling relationship, without ever once trying to break the relationship i was already in. he just waited for me, been strong for me, and supported me, and now he is my bf. things arent always as it seems, sometims the best of looks might not be the best of lovers.

but lucky for me, nic is a good looker. lol.

so there is my story. i know its kinda long, but its 100 percent true. =) ouh he is 21 btw. =)same age as me

Wth! I'm soo jealous. This sounds like a fairytale/movie and it NEVER happens to me! It's always to other people. :(

Wth! I'm soo jealous. This sounds like a fairytale/movie and it NEVER happens to me! It's always to other people. :(

dude it was more of a night mare then a fairytale when i was with my ex.

i didnt know why i stayed so long also.

anyways i dont reret it, cause if i didnt get to know my ex, i wouldnt have known my current bf. =)

this month will be the 5 month im in a relationship with nic.

as requested my a random person.

the treat deal is that i known my bf nic for 4 months plus now, and i have only been in a relationship with him for 2 months, but i like to think that ihv been in a relationship with him for the whole lenght of time i known him.

i mean he wanted to celebrate our 5 monthlyversary already.. so i assume he takes it that ways as well.

happpy now? geez....

Believe it or not, i met my first BF years ago while cruising at CityLink toilet! LOL. I was still very young then... I wasn't exactly cruising but just exploring, opening options, and having the willingness to try out new things. Apparently, curiousity didn't kill the cat (me)! I was pee-ing, den this guy (then 21), came and pee-ed right beside me. I couldn't help but peer over to look at his dick. It slowly grew hard. Mine grew hard too. Den without hesitation, we just walked into the nearest cubicle. After the episide, we exchanged numbers and met up quite frequently subsequently for movies, sex and dates. Our r/s managed to last 6 mths. It's quite a successful one considering how young i was back then..

This shows how BFs can be found anywhere, anytime. So guys, keep your eyes wide open and strike when the oppurtunity arises. haha.

Anw, I don't think citylink is a cruising hotspot anymore. If it still is, someone pls enlighten me?

I met my partner back in 91. We lived in the same dorm, I was in my honours year and he was in his second year. I was smitten by his physical beauty, and his unassuming ease when interacting with others. I only dared gawked at him from afar - he later said he thought I was some homophobic who could tell his orientation and wanted to bash him up -, unsure if he would even want to be a pal. On June 4, 91, I knocked on his room in the pretext of asking him if he were interested in becoming a subject in my honours thesis experiment. We ended talking in his room the whole night, understanding each others' background and all. We did not roll into bed that night, and in fact we did not do so till two months later, after the courtship of movies, breakfast and dinners and talks. I did all the photocopies for his assignment, and even wrote some of his essays despite that we were in different major. The fateful night came when he decided since I was too shy to initiate, he would. He gave me a present wrapped box, told me to open it only when i reached my room, and he would wait for me to return at 1 am. The box turned out to be a newly bought armani brief. I showered, wore the brief and consumed our passion the whole night. He turned me to a bottom, and I turned him to a top, believing that we should not pre-define our preference and allowed ourselves to go where our fancy took. I did not remember much of how I completed my honours, but yes I remember the remaining months of amorous pursuits with each other. We were like rabbits thereafter, dropping our pants and all over each other with every opportunity.

I left to work in Hong Kong after I graduated as he, a HK, was determined to return after he was done with his studies. It's been 20 years. We have built our lives together, the families know each other, been through the joys and frustration, moments when we wanted to throw in the towels. Still, we are together, tied to family bonds, finances and most importantly, emotional. While my heart strays sometimes, but I know where I should return at the end of the day.

I left to work in Hong Kong after I graduated as he, a HK, was determined to return after he was done with his studies. It's been 20 years. We have built our lives together, the families know each other, been through the joys and frustration, moments when we wanted to throw in the towels. Still, we are together, tied to family bonds, finances and most importantly, emotional. While my heart strays sometimes, but I know where I should return at the end of the day.

I love your story and so happy that your relationship lasts 20 years and is still growing. Gives a glimmer of hope to many of us :thumb:

Guest Imbecile

Thanks Ordinary. The past 20 years were bed of roses though. Sometimes both of us wondered if enduring the nasty thorns were worth it. Still we are where we are, and we have lived under the same roof for as many years.

Guest Ironrod

While my heart strays sometimes, but I know where I should return at the end of the day.

LOL my bf says "Your heart can stray sometimes but you must remember whom u belong to at the end of the day" Damn funny.

I met my partner back in 91. We lived in the same dorm, I was in my honours year and he was in his second year. I was smitten by his physical beauty, and his unassuming ease when interacting with others. .....

Congratulations!

And best wishes for many more years together!

Quote imbecile "while my heart strays sometimes, but I know where I should return end of the day"

I totally agree on this. Of the many couples that I know, the occasional stray happens. Before you guys think any further, I do not promote that. However, as a man, I really believe it's rather challenging not be sway by temptations. It's about how one goes about to manage that.

Mutual understanding is the foundation to any relationship. My bf and me took awhile to establish that. :)

Guest Guest

glad reading all these stories..

do you guys, esp those in llloooongggg term relationship, mind sharing what are you and your bf attracted to each other? is it pure appearance, love at first sight? is compatibility in terms of appearance, education level, financial status important to maintain a relationship?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic