Male HQ

BW Upgrade 29/12/15 [Completed] Post Bugs Here

HendryTan

1. We will be doing a major upgrade of the infrastructure of BW.
Date: 29/12/2015 (Tue)
Time: 1700 - 2359

2. This is the BW 2015 upgrade we have being talking about.
You can find details at http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=70872

3. We will be posting status in our Facebook / Twitter account if it takes longer
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/forumbw
Twitter @blowingwind2

4. Sorry this is a bit last minute notice as
i. We are trying to complete this before the year.
ii. Bern & myself can squeeze common slots to work on this after our day time work.

Please help us spread the word too.

Cheers !

Thanks and Good luck!  :thumb:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Wish you all the best of luck and hope it'll be a smooth transition! Looking forward to the updated BW!

Let this be the good thing for a good 2016 for all of us here in Blowingwind! :thumb: :clap:

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

so from 5pm onwards, we will not be able to use BWF ?

Yes, think of it as server maintenance. Blowingwind Forums will be unavailable for the stated period of time.

Glyph, on 29 Dec 2015 - 4:29 PM, said:

Yes, think of it as server maintenance. Blowingwind Forums will be unavailable for the stated period of time.

hmmmm ... already past 5pm, we can still post and chat in BWF lei ??

1. Welcome back everyone !
Test our new URL https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/index.php

Yes that is https://   ie SSL. to protect your personal privacy.

We also took a new domain ending with .io, the most sexiest and hottest domain extension

2. Sorry the upgrade took longer than expected, however we hope the view is worth it.
Look around and explore. There are still quite a lot of rough corners that we're fixing. 
Expect some un-scheduled downtime.

3. I will post something to check up only tomorrow evening.

4. Please post any bugs here too.

5. Have Fun !

• Bern featured this topic

Just to check how do I post recent status updates, I am using iphone so i tried to post status updates after login but was unable to do so. Able to help?

I noticed that recent postings or hot topics are not available for viewing. It will be difficult for us to follow up on topics.

There are also no options to view full site. Mobile site is restrictive. I hope there is a way to view full site even if using mobile devices.

Hihi,

I cannot seem to access the mobile chat on my phone....I had logged in to BW, but after that when I click mobile chat floating tab, it brought me there and still display "you must log in to use mobile chat".... but I already logged in.

On Android 6 , Browser chrome

Moto X Pure Edition

Edited by aedirn

(1) new upgraded forum seems to load much more slowly.

(2) quoted posts doesn't seem to show up as boxed-up contents anymore, so it's rather hard to figure out what were quoted and what were the comments.

(3) at least one quoted post seems to be parked in the wrong context; http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?/topic/71897-lesbian-couple-verbally-insulted-by-mcdonalds-ang-mo-kio-staff-member/&do=findComment&comment=1379141

(4) the emotions are gone... sob... sob... sob...

But overall I think the new upgrade is still ok.

P.S. And I love the placement of the captcha for guest on the same main page as the thread. clap... clap...clap...

4 hours ago, melvinix said:

thumbs down.

there are several bugs i observed. there are missing icons that i don't know how to read as follows:

56832fe4cdb6b_ScreenShot2015-12-30at09.0

also i don't want any emails coming to my inbox from bw. but i cant turn it off due to the administrator disabling the options like below. pls do something about it.

5683301961d2f_ScreenShot2015-12-30at09.1

i cannot make my status update in the field box (because it was greyed out) provided like in the old version unless i go to "Create" and then select "Status". Also I am unable to reply to the users' statuses this same old way because there is no option for it unless I go to the full status updates page itself and then i can reply there. very cumbersome.

overall, the design is not very user-friendly. i prefer the old version for easier navigation.

thumbs down.

Hi,

1. The forum is currently rebuilding its content including posts and images and will continue to do so for the next few days. That may explain the missing icons and slower loading time. Can you try to refresh your browser cache and see if it helps with the missing icons?

2. Thanks for highlighting. I have made notification editable. I went ahead to turn off email notifications for you too -- you can still go back to make any changes as you wish in future.

3. To protect your privacy, we have also upgraded to SSL aka HTTPS. As there are still some mixed content and stuff that broke without the admins noticing. You might see some security warning for the time being. Can you help to report more bugs and errors to us here preferably with a screenshot.

Visit the forum at https://www.blowingwind.io/forum for best result. 

Happy holidays!

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

40 minutes ago, suckmegood said:

I cannot find my inbox. am using iPhone safari. :(

Hello, you can access inbox via the icon at the top right hand corner. The inbox icon is above the "sign out" button. I'm using an iPhone to navigate so you should see similar interface?

Be cool, like a breeze...

5 hours ago, Bern said:

Hi,

1. The forum is currently rebuilding its content including posts and images and will continue to do so for the next few days. That may explain the missing icons and slower loading time. Can you try to refresh your browser cache and see if it helps with the missing icons?

In order for the new interface to work efficiently, it is important that Members report for any bug even if it is inconsequential.  This is the only way that we can "go back" to "normal".

So as you know, HendryTan and Bern have been working very hard into late nights with this BW Upgrade.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

The interface looks perfectly neat now.

Just a few more head-ups from my observation:

1) The usernames of users in Chat, when clicked, doesn't direct to their profile, but otherwise can be accessed on normal forum grounds. 

2) Inability to conduct quick back-to-back searches with a countdown timer. (Is there any agenda on this?)

If there's anything else I can find, I'll write in again.

Thanks.

I'm having this issue where the messages I type into the chat don't appear until I click "Back" and reload the chat.

I'm using an iPhone to view the site and mobile chat.

Screenshots attached to this post showing the chat before and after I reentered the chat room.

image.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, SecretForumUser said:

I'm having this issue where the messages I type into the chat don't appear until I click "Back" and reload the chat.

I'm using an iPhone to view the site and mobile chat.

Screenshots attached to this post showing the chat before and after I reentered the chat room.

image.png

image.png

Okay, my messages appear to show correctly if I press "return" (something like pressing "Enter" on a keyboard) instead of pressing the "Send" button beside the chatbox where you type your messages.

Just thought I should post this info here.

• Bern unfeatured this topic
On 12/29/2015 at 2:41 AM, HendryTan said:

1. Welcome back everyone !

Test our new URL https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/index.php

Yes that is https://   ie SSL. to protect your personal privacy.

We also took a new domain ending with .io, the most sexiest and hottest domain extension

2. Sorry the upgrade took longer than expected, however we hope the view is worth it.

Look around and explore. There are still quite a lot of rough corners that we're fixing. 

Expect some un-scheduled downtime.

3. I will post something to check up only tomorrow evening.

4. Please post any bugs here too.

5. Have Fun !

I am long not logging in the web site.

It's so nice to have a new look.

Wonder how to post the pictures? Is it more user friendly?

Happy New Year To the Management Team of BW and all members here. 

Not sure if this is consider a bug, the mobile chat is always turned on whenever I restart (or off-on) the phone.
I would have to turn the chat off when this happens.
Could this setting be "remembered" (like the old version) so that the chat won't be on automatically when the phone needs to be restarted?

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Dear all,

Kindly note that this thread is for the purpose of reporting intended features that are malfunctioning, otherwise known as bugs. Many of your queries with regards to the comparison between the previous and current UI or how to access certain features have been answered in this thread. Do refer to them before making a new post. Thanks.

Hi mods,

Today users of the chat room faced a peculiar "bug" where if I am using desktop version of the chat, what we typed into the chat doesn't show up at all until we refresh the page.

This happens on chrome, IE, firefox as well.

However the mobile version seems OK.

it will be great to upload profile photos from the phone's photo gallery.

chat function is real-time? tried posting one sentence but it did not appear instantly.

Edited by darrenpanfried

May I check? I used to follow a topic i.e. Song LIstening To, and the posts used to go straight to my yahoo email and I was able to read when I checked my yahoo email, without having to log onto BW. Lately the posts in email seemed to have disappeared, tho I checked and it appears am still following...

Quite a few of latest posts were not sent to follower? Just wondering...

5 hours ago, biLanjiao said:

i cant post status. when i click on the box it will direct me to my own profile.

Your status update was disabled somehow. I have enabled it for you.

For other members facing this problem, go to your profile page > edit your profile > enable status update.

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

• Bern unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: any way to make "about me"  button not together with status update (profile on mobile version). A lot of people tell me cannot find my "about me" :redface:

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi moderators. I can't seem to access the Public Fun in KL topic. Whenever I get into that topic it only show posts up to page 128. Then I receive update that over 100 new posts have been added and I click to go to newest page but nothing loads. I can't post there too. Help please?

• 6 months later...

Just out of curiousity for the moderators: Is it possible for the latest posts or the last post of any thread be made to appear first when u open the thread...rather than having to go all the way to the last page of the thread. makes reading the most recent post easier.

Thanks

• Guest locked this topic