Male HQ

jobless

Gandgolas

Send out your resumes like no tomorrow!

Apply for jobs using all the available online portals (JobStreet, JobsDB, etc), and also check the daily newspapers in the Recruits Section for openings of your choice.

If you're concerned with just getting a job, the "Expected Salary" you just put "Negotiable". At least they will consider you if you didn't put a too-high starting salary. But during interview, if you still think the salary too low, then at least you have the option to reject.

Jiayou! 加油!

hi there, sorry to hear about the retrenchment. You can work on your resume / CV if you have not already done so. It's usually the case that we do not update our CV/resume when we are employed as we often assume that there is no need to. Add in your latest portfolio. Try to be pro-active with the firms that you sent your resume to. For eg, you can actually call them up to enquire on the outcome of your application, in the scenario that you do not receive any response from them. Even after an interview, having a follow up call shows that you are serious with your application. Good luck!

Be cool, like a breeze...

try the recruitment agency like recruit express, they usually do pretty well job matching.

Life is like a river flowing into the sea, Love Life.

Love, Joy and Peace.

it took me a while to get a job after a long break but i filed my resignation in 4 mth in the new job

yes i could have hang on to it else history would repeat itself

no, i dont want to stay in a company that operates 10 years behind time

and so im back to sq 1 and looking out for new opportunities again

it depends on your situation, if you can afford to live with little expenses b4 your job then why suffer. if not then i think cant be too picky

On 1/25/2016 at 7:49 PM, bigdanbeam said:

No job = no income. How to attend courses.

sometimes, we just hv to suck thumb and hang on to a dreaded job

There's skillsfuture credits now which is an option for filling in time.

Each person gets $500 apparently and I saw some courses that go for under $300.

On ‎22‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:05 AM, Gandgolas said:

I have just been retrenched from my company with 2 months notice. However, in this 2 months I am unable to get any reply from any of the firms I sent out. I am worried that I would be jobless for a year. Anyone have any tips on job search?

So u got a job? U may try an agency at peninsular plz at 22 level if m not mistaken

They could help to get a suitable job for u. Al the best to u .

On ‎26‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:33 AM, wintersnow said:

it took me a while to get a job after a long break but i filed my resignation in 4 mth in the new job

yes i could have hang on to it else history would repeat itself

no, i dont want to stay in a company that operates 10 years behind time

and so im back to sq 1 and looking out for new opportunities again

it depends on your situation, if you can afford to live with little expenses b4 your job then why suffer. if not then i think cant be too picky

You mean that company is still using Window XP? Haha.

On 1/25/2016 at 7:57 PM, jdu said:

try the recruitment agency like recruit express, they usually do pretty well job matching.

I beg to differ for recruit express. Well, at least, for the IT division.

Everytime, apply for job with them always get the same company. Which I want to stay as far away as possible. Some might know which I am referring to.

On 2/4/2016 at 2:47 PM, teatree said:

You mean that company is still using Window XP? Haha.

well this organisation doesnt use winxp but functions like winxp or maybe win 95. like for example: contracts must all be hand inked. no scanned copies of original even for overseas counterparts. comeon, in this age, everyone just sign scan and email over. and i believe 10 years or even earlier ago, a signed fax copy is fine as well.

organisations and many including mncs are migrating or have just migrated from winxp to something else win 7/8/10. 

my pt is, its not about the os or tech. u can be low tech but can still keep up with current times. not behaving like 10 yrs ago corporate  environment

On 2/4/2016 at 4:14 PM, deathblade88 said:

I beg to differ for recruit express. Well, at least, for the IT division.

Everytime, apply for job with them always get the same company. Which I want to stay as far away as possible. Some might know which I am referring to.

recruit express is lousy.

when i had some problems previously when staffed by them and needed to transfer within the same company to another dept. 

all was sorted out and all they need to do is to either transfer the contact to the next dept or sign another contract for me for the next post but then the entire thing was screwed up. i was asked to resign from post A then sign again for post B and ended up i resign from A and they pretended nothing has happened for B so i was sort of "sabotaged" 

the recruiter back then was not interested in entertaining regardless the of calls n emails made

and the recuriters are all like casting net and they are one of the few agencies left in singapore which still charges the candidate a placement fee. profit driven but at the same time not very professional

On 1/22/2016 at 9:05 AM, Gandgolas said:

I have just been retrenched from my company with 2 months notice. However, in this 2 months I am unable to get any reply from any of the firms I sent out. I am worried that I would be jobless for a year. Anyone have any tips on job search?

I went out of a job recently... It took me almost one year to regain employment. Try to brush up your linked profile... Lots of recruiters/ headhunters trawl linkedin looking for candidates. 

2 hours ago, keyboard said:

Please someone ever met a good recruitment agency. Don't think so much about them, it's just a means to an end. They are not interested about you, rather the commission you bring. There's no need to be friend-friend with them.

As per my experience, the only recruitment agency whose agents i consider rude is none other than Recruit Express.

Other agencies were pretty cordial with me.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I need help on editing CV and/or résumé. :-(

I am not a cheapo to seek for free help. Also, unable to pay for your time. But, meal treat is not a problem! 

Wonder anybody willing to help? Kindly provide your email address and/or contact (Line or WeChat). Easy for me to get in-touch with you. 

Edited by CirqueduSoleil

• 2 weeks later...

It took me 5 months before i found a job of salary $1600 12 years ago. During that period of time, i am literally starving. No money to eat at all. Buying newspaper (80 cents) for the classified job appointment is considered as priority, food second.

Been working many years for others, long hours, pathetic salary

Now, I am self-employed, with a few staffs under me.

I jumped into a trade with zero knowledge. Now i gained a skill, i open my own business. 

I won't dare to say i am super successful, but now, i have no lack for materials stuff.

My point is -----, if u are looking for a job, u really need to know what directions u want in life. What security u have in the future. 

Is it just a 9 to 5 job, that u can be employed today, replaced tomorrow. OR a job with a skill, where ppl start to look for u.

On 12/30/2016 at 4:30 PM, CirqueduSoleil said:

I need help on editing CV and/or résumé. :-(

I am not a cheapo to seek for free help. Also, unable to pay for your time. But, meal treat is not a problem! 

Wonder anybody willing to help? Kindly provide your email address and/or contact (Line or WeChat). Easy for me to get in-touch with you. 

I am quite good at editing CVs into single pager or max 2pager. :)