Male HQ

Xmas Around The World

erection day

XMAS in Singapore- It's almost a month away from Xmas, surely for many, their favourite time of the year. Time for sharing and giving (and forgiving), getting bloated and drunk at xmas parties, receiving and giving presents and well wishes from loved ones and extra holiday from work- what's there not to like about Xmas? As usual the shoppers are out early at Orchard Road this year unleashing their spenting power after getting their bonuses. The glittering light-up along Orchard Road certainly puts one in cheery mood.

orchardls.jpg

Look at this beautiful stand outside Wheelock Place- its one of the few nicer attraction this year.

outsideWheelock.jpg

I am quite surprised (with the buoyed economy this year) to find most shopping malls not spenting a lot on their facade decoration. In fact, most themes I saw this year are just lights- nothing about Santa Clause, rindeers, snowman, etc...quite disappointing. The facade of Wisma Atria

wismafront.jpg

anotherwisma.jpg

And tangs- more lights, less imagination

tangspillar.jpg

Even the ever-reliable Robinson was a let-down this year.

robinsonfacade.jpg

robinsonshowcasse.jpg

Lucky Plaza fares better. Their entrance near the taxi stand is a vibrant red.

luckyplaza.jpg

rindeerslp.jpg

Lots of pretty giant Xmas trees. Outside Paragon Mall

treeoutsideparagon.jpg

cutreeparagon.jpg

At Plaza Singapura

plazaspura.jpg

And City Hall

treeoutsidecityhall.jpg

Two of my favourite deco. At Heeren

heerenoutside.jpg

And just at the entrance of Orchard Road

toysolidier.jpg

Well, this is the first time I am using my Sony 770 camera phone to shoot. Pictures might look a bit off-focus (it's not your eye sight, its me and my shaky fingers.)

Hope Andy can also put some Xmas picture of Tokyo streets. And of course other bw members who might be overseas now soaking up some of the Xmas scenes. Would love to see that. :D

Tks WA for your encouragement. You're an angel indeed. :P

Continuing with our quickie tour of Spore Xmasy scene, one of the perennial favorite attraction has to be the tallest indoor Xmas tree taking pride of place at the foyer of Takashimaya.

15taka.jpg

Another imposing view

14taka.jpg

The event hall at Taka is doing brisk business also. This is a scene taken very early in the day.

13taka.jpg

While I was quite disappointed with the effort put up in the Orchard belt, I was quite impressed with the colourful facade at Chinatown Point.

17chinatown.jpg

Another view. Isnt it pretty? Come Chinese New Year time, the management would have resoucefully recycle the theme with appropriate replacement of the Chinese zodiac characters or something. :D

16chinatown.jpg

Over at the heartland and particularly at Ang Mo Kio where I live, I was pleased to see my town's first outdoor Xmas tree.

9amk.jpg

Dont you just want to go close and hug this Santa? And more... :D

11amk.jpg

So cute this Snowman!

12amk.jpg

And over at Central Mall (where I past by en route to Shogun), an unusual Xmas tree greets you at the entrance.

3central1.jpg

Near the entrance is this Hokkaido Ice-cream stall. Quite pricey. About $4 for a scope so I had to past. Andy, anything special about Hokkaido ice-cream???

1hokaido.jpg

Another Xmas promo caught my eyes. This is a promo display along the City Hall MRT.

2barney.jpg

Thanks again ED!

This wkend, i went to spot places where christmas decorations are put up ;) . Would take the pics this wk and post them during wkend!

This year the weather seems colder in japan and we are speculating that it would snow earlier in Tokyo. Hopefully, during Christmas :)

WA, ED> did show those pics to some japanese too :) they were impressed.

Christmas in Tokyo~ under construction (Pics to be up by 2nd Dec)

------------------------------------------------------

1) Decorations ard my place..

2) At work place

3) at a PLU bar (this is quite rare (i think) coz not many PLU bars got such nice decos.)

4) Shinjuku ( if i my schedule permits, would make a trip down to shinjuku to take christmas pics cum the 2 chome video/pics)

Stay tune!

Early Greetings Butss.

Have a merry merry christmas and a Happy Happy new year! :)

To begin with... something abt my work place... many christains complained to my boss that our place lacks christmas spirit... for a number of years liao.. this year he responded and bought a CHRISTMAS TREE :lol: A small tree.. see the pen placed beside it and u get a feel of the size. Maybe, it is not the SIZE that matters :D

IMG_3484.jpg

Christmas ard my place..

Firstly a brief intro

The icon of the district i stay in: THE COCK RING! 20years back, this place was a red light district and there was this guy who sustained erection for 72hrs fxxking the prostitute till she fainted......

Thats is, by the way, not true. Could anyone guess what does the icon stands for?

:D

IMG_3526.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.