Male HQ

SIA Singapore Airlines (Work)

Monthly pay is quite low.

Variable bonus up to 6 mths, but payable over 24 mths, in the past.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

What is the required age? I know they have a minimum age but what is the maximum age? All airlines will not want to commit to a maximum age as they are afraid people might sue them for age discrimination. I suppose they will accept but very soon the resume is going to be found in the waste paper basket lor....

R u applying as an exec or a normal admin? Stable job.free travel ticket all over the world. 

Non fast phase job.non performance base job.more like charity organisation.can b stressful at times but slacky most of the time.if u r a non ambitious guy can choose to work in sia.all the best

Edited by cutejack

Guest guest
1 hour ago, fab said:

Monthly pay is quite low.

Variable bonus up to 6 mths, but payable over 24 mths, in the past.

SQ monthly pay is definitely well above average.

24 minutes ago, cutejack said:

R u applying as an exec or a normal admin? Stable job.free travel ticket all over the world. 

Non fast phase job.non performance base job.more like charity organisation.can b stressful at times but slacky most of the time.if u r a non ambitious guy can choose to work in sia.all the best

i see job posting for non executive position as an officer and applied for it. 

btw, i grad from sim

Edited by Sixfiveboy

Guest guestguestguest

i applied for the officer role as a pvt degree grad before.

got a friend who used to work there tells me they only favour local grads. not sure how true also?

can someone inside shed some lights....

Guest SIA Guest

I'd have to agree that the pay can be better - but I guess you can say the same for most Organisations (when will we ever be satisfied with what we are getting??). 

True to a certain extent that the company values local graduates and graduates from more reputable overseas universities. That said, I know of others who were graduates of private institutions in Singapore. 

All the the best in your applications!

12 minutes ago, Guest SIA Guest said:

I'd have to agree that the pay can be better - but I guess you can say the same for most Organisations (when will we ever be satisfied with what we are getting??). 

True to a certain extent that the company values local graduates and graduates from more reputable overseas universities. That said, I know of others who were graduates of private institutions in Singapore. 

All the the best in your applications!

but do these graduates of private institutions in Singapore can get the same rank, title and scheme as those who grad from local uni?

Guest SIA Guest

You applied for an officer role, right to say? If that's the case, then you will not be part of the administrative grade. It's all on their website. 

You can give it a shot and apply for an executive role! If you are offered a position, you will be given equal opportunity to excel. 

15 minutes ago, Guest SIA Guest said:

You applied for an officer role, right to say? If that's the case, then you will not be part of the administrative grade. It's all on their website. 

You can give it a shot and apply for an executive role! If you are offered a position, you will be given equal opportunity to excel. 

Yes, have yet to get any call from them but is officer role really a second class citizen there over there?

8 hours ago, Sixfiveboy said:

Yes, have yet to get any call from them but is officer role really a second class citizen there over there?

There's no bullying n all but 90% r old ladies who like to push their work to uothers n kepo.u gotta b firm n smart.s i said relaxing n non stress depends on which dept u r working.go ahead mayb as a stepping stone.

Edited by cutejack

• 1 month later...
Guest teetol

See how an employee of UNITED Airlines was full of praise for his employer , for supporting marriage equality right early on, and then extended spousal benefits to his husband also.

Don't know when can our local carrier can be full on support diversity ??

LOVE FOR ALL AT UNITED.

On 09/06/2016 at 9:40 PM, lonelyglobe said:

What is the required age? I know they have a minimum age but what is the maximum age? All airlines will not want to commit to a maximum age as they are afraid people might sue them for age discrimination. I suppose they will accept but very soon the resume is going to be found in the waste paper basket lor....

for cabin crew, i heard (cannot confirm) max age for steward is 30.

cabin crew definitely earn more than the ground start for a start or the first few years

but the ground staff will earn more eventually if he is to progress up the ranks. and talking abt administrative grade

Cabin crew basic pay is same as graded staff but its their travelling n meal n uniform allowances which bring up their monthly gross salary. 

Mayb for non cabin crew salary , let say sia pays $2k wherelse private pays $2.8k?not too sure but definately lower than private.

Please do not expect much from this organization...especially for fresh grad with no experience... though it looks good on your resume.

Gone are the good old days of working in SQ.

Yes. You can find many firms that pay more than SQ.

Please do not apply with hopes of a 6-month bonus...u probably be disappointed.

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

1 hour ago, ChiSquare said:

Please do not expect much from this organization...especially for fresh grad with no experience... though it looks good on your resume.

Gone are the good old days of working in SQ.

Yes. You can find many firms that pay more than SQ.

Please do not apply with hopes of a 6-month bonus...u probably be disappointed.

totally agree

management is becoming worse

pay is like crap now

only good thing is it looks good on your resume, but can that be eaten?

On 6/9/2016 at 9:22 PM, keyboard said:

i've never worked for SIA so i'm in no position to comment,
so how to go about finding information?

well, i only can provide U three weblinks, of which the first one has already been provided by @Keyboard, so good luck with ur research!!!

(1) https://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/Singapore-Airlines-Interview-Questions-E3379.htm

(2) https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/careers/ground-professionals/

(3) https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/careers/why-join-us/our-hiring-process/

• Guest locked this topic