Male HQ

Is tip required?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, Ethan_Oleh said:

You should always be getting a good massage for the fee. A tip is a thank you. But it shouldn't be a required part of services, if your therapist did something exceptional or gave you extra time, then tipping can be a nice gesture.

I also felt unless the masseur did something different that U wanna thank him, or the session was better than expected.

On 05/01/2017 at 0:11 PM, Ethan_Oleh said:

You should always be getting a good massage for the fee. A tip is a thank you. But it shouldn't be a required part of services, if your therapist did something exceptional or gave you extra time, then tipping can be a nice gesture.

Yes, I totally agree with Ethan on this. As a guide, I do not normally tip more than 50% of the total fee.

I see good in people, until they show me otherwise.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

If there is any sort of protocol around tipping therapists,  it's found in spas and salons. These therapists usually have no control over what you are being charged and also don't reap your full payment. "Typically therapists are underpaid in a lot of the salons and spas, and those tips make their day." Health spas, however, usually employ a No Tipping policy.

When it comes to tipping,  "Go with your instinct. If you want to give someone a tip, do so. But don't feel obligated. You're paying a decent fee for the services; but if you feel moved and want to give a little extra, spread the joy. "There are ways to show appreciation other than tipping." Referring your therapist to others is a huge way of saying thank you, and a simple note is often a memorable sign of gratitude.

Edited by Ethan_Oleh