Male HQ

Chub looking to lose weight

Guest Dedd.tea

Guest Dedd.tea

Chub here, living in Hougang. Kinda sick of my weight issues and really want to lose weight but I honestly lack motivation and know I cant do it alone. Hence, I am looking for either gymming/swimming buddies who can coach or train with me and know their stuff also. Thanks and please dont flame me for not having motivation hahaha I have been trying my whole life but it never lasts more than a few days :/ 

8 minutes ago, Dedd.tea said:

Chub here, living in Hougang. Kinda sick of my weight issues and really want to lose weight but I honestly lack motivation and know I cant do it alone. Hence, I am looking for either gymming/swimming buddies who can coach or train with me and know their stuff also. Thanks and please dont flame me for not having motivation hahaha I have been trying my whole life but it never lasts more than a few days :/ 

How about this: dust off your shoes and go for a light jog. The aim is just go out and to put one foot ahead at a time. It doesn't matter how long you go for or how slow, just go out and do it, even if it's just 5 minutes.

Keeping doing it every day until it becomes a habit. What matters now, is that first step.

Promise us all here that you'll do it?

Guest Dedd.tea
3 hours ago, limpeh said:

How about this: dust off your shoes and go for a light jog. The aim is just go out and to put one foot ahead at a time. It doesn't matter how long you go for or how slow, just go out and do it, even if it's just 5 minutes.

Keeping doing it every day until it becomes a habit. What matters now, is that first step.

Promise us all here that you'll do it?

Haha I guess the first step is to get proper running shoes. Might actually consider gymming or swimming instead though. Problem is I am always paiseh to go alone especially because of how people might judge but alright maybe I will start soon haha 

But thanks all for being encouraging! Really, thanks! 

Guest Dedd.tea
4 hours ago, firefight said:

haha okie find something u like to do

and then stick to it regularly

den also watch what u eat.. eat in moderation

see if i can help u with any running or stuff like ur coach.

Yea man the eating part is probably the hardest lol. And the motivation I guess. Hmm thanks maybe some day I would pop by the gym and hopefully not get too intimidated or behave like a noob haha

I am advocating that you set aside a regular time to take a post-dinner stroll around the neighbourhood.  Start with walking, brisk walking and then, jogging.  This way, you won't give up so easily.

As for diet, put aside one day as a semi-fasting, semi-detox day.  Just skip the carbo loading and stick to fruits, milk and protein-rich food.  Slowly but surely give up the must-have carbonated drink or sugar-laden dessert.  Instead go for skimmed milk to quench your thirst.   Drink plenty of luke-warm boiled water too!

Your expenses may go up a little initially but with proper and clever planning, you will be able to see results within 2 months.  Do not allow yourself to wallop the pineapple tarts, bak kuah and CNY goodies.  If die die must have, take only 1 piece per 6 hour.

我们同志天生就是以貌取胜。。不要放弃自己。。只要有恒心, 你会慢慢地达到目的 (不然, 你就达到墓地!)

let me know if you dont wnt to go gym but wan switch to games too, soccer, swimming, tennis,etc.

33 minutes ago, Dedd.tea said:

Yea man the eating part is probably the hardest lol. And the motivation I guess. Hmm thanks maybe some day I would pop by the gym and hopefully not get too intimidated or behave like a noob haha

On 1/21/2017 at 1:12 PM, Dedd.tea said:

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. Having the mindset to go to gym/swim is a great start and having someone to guide and motivate you will definitely help. But ultimately, what keeps you going really depends on how much you really want to achieve your goal of losing weight, and not if someone is there to train you.

Start small, as suggested from earlier BWers, and set progressive goals. Run once a week, say every Monday, then after one month, twice a week and so on. If you can maintain this for at least 1 year, you should be able to see results. Consistency is usually the hardest part. Just my 2 cents.

Guest Dedd.tea
On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 10:15 PM, gymfan32 said:

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. Having the mindset to go to gym/swim is a great start and having someone to guide and motivate you will definitely help. But ultimately, what keeps you going really depends on how much you really want to achieve your goal of losing weight, and not if someone is there to train you.

Start small, as suggested from earlier BWers, and set progressive goals. Run once a week, say every Monday, then after one month, twice a week and so on. If you can maintain this for at least 1 year, you should be able to see results. Consistency is usually the hardest part. Just my 2 cents.

Yea I agree with you consistency was the hardest part. There was once I lost 8kg but the moment i stopped i started snacking again and back to square one.

Guest Dedd.tea
56 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Actually many people have posted the same question repeatedly over the years. Nobody uses the search function..

No la no offense but I did use the search function but also pardon me cos im new to this and initially posted to find people who would wanna like exercise with me or coach me you know like a personal friend/trainer but I think I should have posted in personals issit? Sorry man cos im new here so yea forgive me hahaha. 

• 5 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.