Male HQ

Should I stop going to the sauna If I want to settle down?

Guest Guest5525

Guest Guest5525

Hi guys,

I would like to hear some opinions on this issue I am having.

I recently met a guy online, and had been chatting with him for a few days now.

All was well until I told him that I visit saunas.

He was a bit upset, and claimed that if I were looking to settle down, I should not be going to those places.

What do u guys think? I find it weird as I had met him for just 1 week, and he asked why I did not change this habit yet?

I had not met him in person, and don't even know what he looks like.

If u were looking for someone to settle down with (him) and came across someone who wants to settle down as well but visits saunas as he has not found that someone yet (me), would u think i was incorrigible?

THis is what I think and I agree with the guy you met online.  If you are looking to settle down and be with a relationship, you wouldn't be going to sauna simply because by going to those places, you are sending the message that you are looking for sex, not a relationship. When you are ready to be in a relationship, there is this detox process you need to do from going to saunas to grindr apps etc. that you need to cleanse yourself from. Nothing is worse than dating a guy, and thinking you're in an exclusive relationship when he is still swiping on Tindr and going to saunas. 

Love. 

I would think that anyone who frequents saunas for sex isn't really serious about settling down with a person and maintain a 1:1 relationship (personal gut feel). Besides, the question of fidelity in a relationship, there is also the question of health and disease. He may claim to use condoms, but are you sure he isn't carrying a virus or two? Do you then ask him to undergo a comprehensive STD check before you ever have sex, and even then, you have to repeat the tests after the relevant window periods. Even then, I am not sure if I would trust him enough to abstain from visiting saunas.

Слава Україні!

• G_M changed the title to Should I stop going to the sauna If I want to settle down?

Tbh, if you're still visiting saunas while saying you're looking to settle down, I would say your claims are dubious at best and outright lying at worst. It's like saying you want to lose weight but still order McDonald's party set every weekend. Not like people can read minds to know what you're really thinking. We can only infer from your actions.

1 hour ago, wantonmee said:

Why should u care so much about what some dude u chatted online... only for a few days... whom u have not seen.... nor met... ?

Right.  You can continue going to the sauna.  You haven't even meet him and doesn't even know how he looks like, least of all get settling down.  Also, I advise you to think twice before deciding to continue with a person who can get upset with you before even meeting up. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

I been to sauna many times. And many of them are actually attached.

No right or wrong. 

Every one can set their own rules or requirements.

This guy minds alot, then find another who don't mind.

There are millions and billions of guys on earth. He is not the only dick hanging there.

34 minutes ago, benedict5856 said:

I been to sauna many times. And many of them are actually attached.

No right or wrong. 

Every one can set their own rules or requirements.

This guy minds alot, then find another who don't mind.

There are millions and billions of guys on earth. He is not the only dick hanging there.

Yes... Yes... Benepig should do sauna more often, attached or not attached. Otherwise we all won't have roast pork to eat anymore. 

38 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

You mean they serve roast pork in sauna? Which one?

I know u prefer meat bao.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I agree with Benedict that do not worry too much on someone you have just met for a couple of weeks and expects you to be committed. He may not be the right guy.

If you are seeking someone to be with in the long-term- go ahead. If you meet that someone interesting- get to know and you will find out the likes and dislikes you have with that person. Eventually if you both are ready to commit- you have to agree on the rules.

I agree with doncoin. Even though this particular guy may have no right to expect you to stop going to a sauna, but you have to decide what is best for yourself. If you are looking forward to a long term monogamous relationship, then going to a sauna will not help. If you are looking for casual relationships then perhaps it is different. You are in the best position to know what you want.

• 4 months later...
Guest Comment
On 28/02/2017 at 0:22 AM, doncoin said:

THis is what I think and I agree with the guy you met online.  If you are looking to settle down and be with a relationship, you wouldn't be going to sauna simply because by going to those places, you are sending the message that you are looking for sex, not a relationship. When you are ready to be in a relationship, there is this detox process you need to do from going to saunas to grindr apps etc. that you need to cleanse yourself from. Nothing is worse than dating a guy, and thinking you're in an exclusive relationship when he is still swiping on Tindr and going to saunas. 

I agree with this

Guest jonlittle

Sauna is just one avenue, isn't it? There are plenty of other ways to go about having fun when you don't wish to settle down bah. Having said that, if there is someone whom you cherish a lot and is worth you settling down, it will be an easy decision to do so, won't it? :)

is not the question should or not, but you know you willing to stop cos you already having the one and only and you do not even have the thought of finding anyone hanky panky, this happen to me, once i am free just out with bf else family membrs :)

agreed with @snowball.. as long as you are able to resist temptations, you are ready to settle down.. that should be the indicator..

in the first place, TS haven't even met the person yet.. what rights does that person have to demand anything.. expecting every1 in this world to be the same as he is, that's kinda naive and selfish.. 

Guest Tio Bo?

A person who are going to settle down should not cruise, not sauna, not online-chat with strangers, no facebooking, nor tweetering, nor put photos on dating site, not stay out late, not masturbating , not looking at other men, not go out alone,  

He should rather, stay at home and be homely. The only time he need to chat, talk, go out is with his lover, no one else.  That is called loyalty.

Short answer: Yes you shouldnt visit sauna if you are already going to settle down with a guy.

Long answer: It depends on what the terms of your relationship is... sometimes couples can go sauna together, it is not solely a place to have fun only with other people.

9 hours ago, Guest Tio Bo? said:

A person who are going to settle down should not cruise, not sauna, not online-chat with strangers, no facebooking, nor tweetering, nor put photos on dating site, not stay out late, not masturbating , not looking at other men, not go out alone,  

He should rather, stay at home and be homely. The only time he need to chat, talk, go out is with his lover, no one else.  That is called loyalty.

tio chit pua. Only agree 

should not cruise, not sauna, not online-chat with strangers, nor put photos on dating site, not masturbating , not looking at other men.

The followings r not loyalty but craziness. He should rather, stay at home and be homely. The only time he need to chat, talk, go out is with his lover, no one else. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Not too late to stop going sauna once u really find someone worth settling down.

• Guest locked this topic