Male HQ

"I SEE" how to you deal with this answer to a question? or is there any answer that you hate? LET'S DISCUSS!

Guest Answer Nazi

Guest Answer Nazi

Do u find it annoying when someone answers you "I SEE" "IC"or "HMMMM" etc etc a very unpredictable answer like let you hang in nowhere... where it gives you a feeling that they dont want the conversation to continue or they just politely want to end the conversation?

Ex:

Where are you from?... <answer>.... I see = gone

What is your stats?... <answer>.... I see = gone

where is your gym?... <answer>.... I see = gone

chinese? local?... <answer>.... I see = gone

where do you stay?... <answer>.... I see = gone

do you guys use it to actually end the conversation or show that you are not interested anymore or what exactly is your purpose of u guys using unpredictable answers?

Guest Angel_Boy
1 minute ago, EasleyLim said:

do people really ask where is your gym? lol. such a random qns.

yes always, and if you dont go on the same gym or u are not in the expensive gym membership they just vanish. quite shallow.

1 hour ago, Guest Answer Nazi said:

Do u find it annoying when someone answers you "I SEE" "IC"or "HMMMM" etc etc a very unpredictable answer like let you hang in nowhere... where it gives you a feeling that they dont want the conversation to continue or they just politely want to end the conversation?

Ex:

do you guys use it to actually end the conversation or show that you are not interested anymore or what exactly is your purpose of u guys using unpredictable answers?

Immune oredi la

Meaning u r not their type or afraid u r someone they knew one so ciao lo.

Edited by cutejack

2 hours ago, Guest Answer Nazi said:

Ex:

Sometimes, "I see" is used to prevent any uncomfortable silence that might follow when one party provides information, something like the Japanese Wakalimashita.

Because when a person keeps silent after hearing a piece of information, it can be perceived as being impolite and disrespectful in some cultures (e.g. Japanese, Korean).

So personally, I use "I see" in that manner, never as a means to end a conversation. I am not Korean or Japanese, but I also find it very rude when I tell someone something, and he/she keeps completely silent. 

Even in the SAF, you need to say "Yes, sir", or "Yes, sergeant". If you keep silent after being told something, you will be f**ked  :D

2 hours ago, Guest Answer Nazi said:

Ex:

They normally use it to end a sentence lol.

Yea sometimes they use it cause they are not interested in you and wanna end the convo

Othertimes they just dont know what else to say haha.

So you can either start a new topic of conversation or wait for them to do so (sometimes it may not happen)

17 hours ago, Guest Answer Nazi said:

Ex:

Don’t even waste your time with these people. I tell them that if they ask open ended questions then they must offer their answer first or I don’t even reply. 

If it happens to you a lot, these questions could raise a red flag.

Also, these people probably just want fun so if you're not looking for the same thing, you shouldn't take it too hard. They're not worth it. :)

Also, just curious why some people have to mention that they're local or not? 

E.g. "I'm a local chinese..." 

3 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

If it happens to you a lot, these questions could raise a red flag.

Also, these people probably just want fun so if you're not looking for the same thing, you shouldn't take it too hard. They're not worth it. :)

Also, just curious why some people have to mention that they're local or not? 

E.g. "I'm a local chinese..." 

That’s a good question. I get asked a lot about whether I am local?  Does it matter?

Just now, Rice60640 said:

That’s a good question. I get asked a lot about whether I am local?  Does it matter?

Exactly lol. Are we that xenophobic as a society?

Guest Just a Guest

Usually, I only does that to an already met-up date who likes to text non-stop asking like how are you doing x3 what are you doing x5 in a day.

To poster: when you are getting to know a person new, it is best to just state your genuine intention and arrange for a meet-up asap even if you are not sure whether the other party might be keen or not. Texting ideally should be meant for short conversations. I feel asking those get-to-know qns does not serve very well to those who are mature and already in the working society. 

On 11/7/2017 at 11:44 AM, auscent said:

Some of us naturally have few words. So that wasnt meant to be rude.

at the very least even if i didnt ask you should give reply your own question as well. its only fair. like..

him: chinese local?

me: nope. malay local. 

him: i see. im korean 

only then we can continue from there on that topic. 

Edited by lonely57

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, fallmerees said:

Exactly lol. Are we that xenophobic as a society?

Just because we share the similar skin colours, does not necessarily mean our mindsets, our cultures, our care for hygiene as a whole are all the same. That's a fact. Deal with it.  

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Just because we share the similar skin colours, does not necessarily mean our mindsets, our cultures, our care for hygiene as a whole are all the same. That's a fact. Deal with it.  

Don't have to get defensive lol. I'm just saying it's very unnecessary to state "local" after mentioning your race, and that it's kinda amusing that you have to justify you're a local and not a foreigner. I feel like being in a multi-racial society, we're better than that.  But it's just how I feel. :outwithit:

Me: I'm from (x) country after all I've heard about Singapore

Him: I see 

Me: What is your favourite past-time?

Him: (You're my type so "Gym and ___  ", let you answer )

Me: (Smile, looking at yours)

Rest is history, depending how both steer conversation.

On 06/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, Guest Angel_Boy said:

yes always, and if you dont go on the same gym or u are not in the expensive gym membership they just vanish. quite shallow.

There are many shallow people out there, there is nothing you can do about it. Just move on with life.

• Guest locked this topic