Male HQ

Trip To London End-sept!

youngyoung

hello, i'll be visiting london in end sept. any idea for a must-visit sightseeing spots / places of interest / attractions / recommended hotels or B&B / food ?

Actually I was in London in the year 1993, it is a very moody city and the weather is always cloudy, seems no sunny day. It showers most of the time and the night street was quiet, unlike Asian cities. We could not find any vending machine for buying drinks and food is Ima-Ichi( not so good I mean ). But remember went to morning market and see some antiques. You will occassionally see horse marching on the street. You may want to just walk on the streets of London and enjoy the views of old building. But one thing famous for London is the "seeing ghost tour" that you might want to expereince. London is famous for spirits or ghost watching. There seems to be a very old building and it is a famous ghost spots where people often captures spirits in the year of 18xx. You might want to join the ghost tour so you will not be alone. That is the speciaties of London as far as I know. Don't expect the food to be nice. In fact, London is not a popular tour area. Italy or Sweden might be more attractive though.

youngyoung,

Also, u might wan to check out the events that they are having during the period of ur stay Events in Sept u might find some worth participating.

Tried to search for the London Ghost Walk Tour and the following is the first link from the hits list Abt the Ghost Tour. They seems to have specific dates for the tours (other than private ones), remember to check. I cant find how much they charge.. Do share with us if u going for the tour. Thanks.

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

alright! thanks DOM & andy...

my partner is keen on that too ~ will sure update fellow BWers once i return from my trip. (thou' that's months away)

somehow living expenses in london is like much higher than singapore's, sigh. anw, what are the other must-visit hotspots?

any idea if going to paris from london is feasible for a trip around 10 days?

hello, i'll be visiting london in end sept. any idea for a must-visit sightseeing spots / places of interest / attractions / recommended hotels or B&B / food ?

HI youngyoung

Alot of B&B near to tube(subway) Victoria station.You could move easily from there.Plenty of coaches which you can easily travel to other part of city like Birmingham and Manchester.Please note that train ticket got to book in advance.It is cheaper to travel by coach where you could buy on the spot or IN SHORT TIMEOF PERIOD.

A plate of chicken rice or char siew rice would cost you about 6-7 pound....in Chinatown :blink: .You will desparate for rice when u return to Sg.

Attraction IN LONDON - Wax Museum(madam tussade),London bridge,Towerbridge,Harrods,Buckinham Palace change of guard,St.James Park,Hyde Park

For gay attraction- Go to Soho area and Brighton.

Please check which airport of London your flight would be arriving into.It may be London HEATHROW(LHR) or Gatwitck(LGW).It is better to take night flight and arring in London morning sothat you could save your accomodation money for a nite.

Go to NLB and refer to lonelyplanet rough guide book,it would definitely benefits you.

Cheers :thumb:

I just have to warn that the London ghost is a truth and be prepared for yourself. Do not worry as spirits will not harm you as much as a bad human beings, living human beings are more scary. Be prepared to have partners otherswise you might be scared. Bring camera to capture the ghost sometimes if you can, you would be to surprised to capture spirits in the 16 or 17 centuries. There are PHD researching in ghost in London so it is a serious and recpected topics over there, London ghost - a must to your visit.

• 5 months later...

Hi young young....

Welcome to London!!!!

September may not the right season to be but still, it has its' own beauty during the fall. Due to the 'wonderful' English Weather, it changes all the time especially towards end of the year. The weather will be cold and please do prepare extra clothing :)

If you are travelling around often, I would suggest that u may wanna get 1 week travel card from any tube station. With the travel card, u could able use on any form of transport in London, no limt usage for the week (Bus, Tube, Overground & DLR) For more information about travelling issue, visit Transport For London

Food... Dun really expect much.. LOL :whistle: Always check the prices in chinatown.. u may happened to get a good one. Check for set meals too... average spending on food for each person is ard £10-£15 including drink.

Accomodation... kinda expensive in london. you may like to check it out on London B&B or Budget Stay London

Clubing... Check out these websites Boyz Magazine or QX Magazine Sorry bah... I am not a cluber anymore, getting old :B)

Tipping... Never give tipping less then £1!!!! It would be an insult for some cases. Give or don't policy. Always Check if the service is included.

Some other useful links you might wanna take a look. Gay tour in london London Gay Travel Guide

:oops: Time to sleep bah....

Keep in touch.

Edited by Walfred

Letting go is an art of love and kindness to oneself :)

hmmm london...

1. west end!!! definitely catch a musical when you are in london! there are consolidator websites around, where you can get cheap and good tickets depending on which show u wanna watch. i paid 25 pounds for chicago; a worthwhile bargain!

2. many of the permanent galleries of the museums / art galleries in london are free, so that will save you some money if you are an art buff. big names include the national gallery, the tates (tate britain, tate modern - the building is magnificent), british museum, etc

3. food in chinatown is cheap. the four seasons roast duck in bayswater is regarded by many chinese students studying in london to be the best roast duck in the world. london does have many excellent restaurants, though you do have to pay quite a fair bit. if you are short of money there's always the supermarkets (sainsburys, tesco, and marks & spencer!)

4. don't miss the ginormous food hall in harrods. don't miss harrods, period!

Edited by akated

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

hmmm london...

1. west end!!! definitely catch a musical when you are in london! there are consolidator websites around, where you can get cheap and good tickets depending on which show u wanna watch. i paid 25 pounds for chicago; a worthwhile bargain!

2. many of the permanent galleries of the museums / art galleries in london are free, so that will save you some money if you are an art buff. big names include the national gallery, the tates (tate britain, tate modern - the building is magnificent), british museum, etc

3. food in chinatown is cheap. the four seasons roast duck in bayswater is regarded by many chinese students studying in london to be the best roast duck in the world. london does have many excellent restaurants, though you do have to pay quite a fair bit. if you are short of money there's always the supermarkets (sainsburys, tesco, and marks & spencer!)

4. don't miss the ginormous food hall in harrods. don't miss harrods, period!

It is worth spending money to watch muscial in london... Some great deal package online too.. musical+hotel+dinner....

The sound of Music, Caberat, We will rock you... and few more!!! Sometime u will get great discount with student pass!!! I paid 50% less on the most expensive seat!!!

Museums/art galleries also worth going too. ...chose those u really interest cos it take time to walk ard.

Boat ride on Theme River... Just tell the counter u r a student and u will get the lower rate... have the last ride cos it is the sunset...

i rather spend more time in paris than london myself...

heh. paris is a completely different ballgame :D

my paris favourites: berthillon / christian constant chocs + bistros / pierre herme / joel robuchon / grand magasins / museums... !!!

anyway, the two cities are connected by eurostar; so convenient!

Edited by akated

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

heh. paris is a completely different ballgame :D

my paris favourites: berthillon / christian constant chocs + bistros / pierre herme / joel robuchon / grand magasins / museums... !!!

anyway, the two cities are connected by eurostar; so convenient!

Ya indeed... London to Paris less then 2 hrs!!!! with the new King's Cross Station!!!!!! Love Paris too... especially Disneyland !!! LOL Have a great time there

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.