Male HQ

Make spectacles in JOHOR

Guest Hello

Anyone have experiences to share whether is it cheaper to make specs in Johor Bahru City Square shopping or Holiday Plaza shopping?

Any black listed optical shops to avoid?

Thanks

I have never been to JB to get my specs. But I thought those in Sg are getting quite competitively priced, especially with at least one larger spectacles shop chain  coming in with quite a lot of discounts.

6 minutes ago, axelrod said:

Can do/buy/stock up on stuff when in JB, eg. Kiehl moisturiser I get after conversion is only $29, cost $40 bucks here. Get a back or foot massage, watch a movie ($4), and eat at restaurants - can be just 60% of price here.

Next time if you go JB for Kiehl’s product, can I tumpang? :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Lumbakuda said:

Yeah. Rational consumer.

SG too ex lah, high cost of living.

9 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Next time if you go JB for Kiehl’s product, can I tumpang? :rolleyes:

My gst 50%. :whistle:

7 hours ago, firefight said:

continue to post other worthwhile stuff to get in JB, thank you!

Starbucks Venti Frap about $6, here around $10, and you can easily find seats, unlike SG too many peeps hoarding seats.

19 hours ago, Guest Hello said:

Anyone have experiences to share whether is it cheaper to make specs in Johor Bahru City Square shopping or Holiday Plaza shopping?

Any black listed optical shops to avoid?

Thanks

I do not support your action. Why must you go JB and make specs? I blacklist all of them.

If you are looking for prescription lens such as progressive lens, I would not recommend making specs in JB. The pair I had was not much cheaper than in Singapore because of so-called imported lenses.  They cause me headaches and within 3 months the special coatings begin to scrape off around the edge of the lenses.  I don't have such problems with more expensive specs made in Singapore.  

sg 

be it zoff or ownsday have it all

why spend effort to go all the way to JB , nt as though u saved hundreds for it

specs need maintenance now and then too

n zoff is fast-opening a new store at ion 

Edited by lovehandle

On 8/23/2018 at 7:29 AM, eric6363 said:

You can get Oakley frames for 60% of Singapore price in JB, because these branded frames are price-controlled in SG.

I stock up on contact lenses when I go JB. I go to KSL Mall basement, Yick Ming I think, next to the supermarket. 

not anymore, the best Ive seen is 30% due to the MYR depreciation and price adjustment. But there is an additional 6% discount given right now due to the 0 rating of the GST.

20 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

sg 

be it zoff or ownsday have it all

why spend effort to go all the way to JB , nt as though u saved hundreds for it

specs need maintenance now and then too

Are you joking? Owndays?? The worst specs I've ever made are my experience from Owndays. The lens were not great quality compared to my other glasses. Some people do notice the difference in their vision, some don't.  Some has no choice and live with their owndays glasses since money were already spent. Limited choice of frames too. 

I will digress a bit, but still related to this topic.

if you are looking for a particular model of a particular brand for the frame, you might want to check Amazon websites.

I got my Oakley frames for US$80, plus shipping S$50. The same frames sell for S$399 here.

The spectacles shop in JB confirms that the frames are original, except without warranty. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.