Male HQ

Everything in SG is so Expensive!

Guest Guest

Guest statistical
1 hour ago, kimlo777 said:

actually we had

oh yes, and that was exactly where you sucked the biggest dick of your life, and the guy was straight actually, a male rugby player from the Australian national team, while he was leaning at the edge of your infinity pool, his dick showing out of the water, you stroke it hard and here goes the story....  not to forget that he came exactly at the time when the summer parade fireworks went off on Sydney harbour bridge and 10 straight gardeners were actually just onlooking but pretended not to say anything....

Guest statistical
58 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Some guest so aunty...ok lah...let them believe their chicken rice, their bus and mrt fare, their entry price to saunas, their monthly payment for their flats are the most expensive in the world lor...since they feel the country they are living at now is the most expensive in the world, they can live anywhere in the world from Paris to Monte Carlo...

but with one little difference:

The dicks are always bigger on the other side.........

2 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

oops ... how did you know my family lived in Toorak.  We also have houses in  Rose Bay and Point Piper in Sydney.

Science Fiction?

My family lives on a private island off Kirribilli, we are neighbours with Mr. Morrison, Mr. Turnbull, and Ms. Gillard. 

We haveva private transport to Central via ferry.

Come visit some day. 

Medical is super expensive except for the guy who manage to get a $8 heart bypass surgery......recently just done with a tooth surgery in a clinic to remove one of the tooth that was sandwiched in between and the cost.....a cool $1000, yes, not a typing error, is $400 cash and $600 in medisave....so that is like can do hundred over heart bypass surgery....amazing singapore indeed.

22 hours ago, Guest John said:

When comes to things or situations that you dont like, you generally has 3 VERY WISE options 

1. 接受它

2. 改变它

3. 离开它

1.) 70% have just done that

2.) 30% try but failed every 4 years

3.) Yes, statistic show increasing number who give up citizenship here

16 hours ago, Garyl said:

+1 减少它

4.) This probably the best, continue to earn rental and get whatever ang pao from the g and stretch your sgd in nearby countries.

3 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

1.) 70% have just done that

2.) 30% try but failed every 4 years

3.) Yes, statistic show increasing number who give up citizenship here

4.) This probably the best, continue to earn rental and get whatever ang pao from the g and stretch your sgd in nearby countries.

So unpatriotic , LOL.

• 11 months later...

Some of the hawker and food court already raising the price even before the GST goes up to 9%. But no choice la,  still must eat and drink.... But other things like going restaraunt, grocery shopping,  haircut,  movie, massage etc. all can be done in JB at half the price., after GST goes up,  predict the already infamous causeway jam will get even worse.  

Whole roast chicken at $2.45 can make all kinds of tasty dishes, carry around sandwiches with super size $1.70 loaf of bread,  with sweet spread becomes dessert.  Plastic bottle with Nescafe instead of Starbucks. Be the new COOL !    Like somebody said "look for options" don't just continue same lavish (lazy?) spending

• 4 months later...
Guest Hazily Instructor
On 9/10/2018 at 10:16 PM, upshot said:

We are almost in the same boat but my house I share with my parent.. its fully paid and in my name. I will die in this house I am sure heh...For the younger generation, they have to slog like we did to some extent. It is inevitable. Good things never come easy. Ever. 

I feel our youngster has not known hardship and it shows.. each batch of youngsters interns that work at the place I work.. more then half my age and work is slow, a little bit too much physical or mental work and they break down and need a rest or give up. Worry about hem is not enough if you can not often them tough love and more discipline. Only the strong will make it and if you do not try, you can not even make the passing grade. It's like learning to do the marathon. If you do not push yourself over time, you find it a struggle to do a 42 km run but do it often enough you make it look like a piece of cake that you can run backward. That is what I see... when some people say it is hard work and tiring but who are they comparing themselves with?> If they can only compare their work load with the average or worst below average buddy... you are not going make it far.

Human are resilient and if your nephews and nieces has that in them to find their wiay like we have to. We like to think the next generation should be spared the hardship we went thru but seriously without those ... we might not be laughing now and always blaming someone else for our failing. The path and responsibility is always in us to make it or lose it. And yes even with the best laid plan, things can still fuck up. What can we do? We try to help each other. We try to encourage and not just give you a helping hand or cash but we have to teach you how to earn more as well.

As the saying goes roughly in a saying.... If you come across a poor village, do you keep throwing money and food at the village to keep everyone alive or do you teach them how to fish and grow their own crop?

I worry for our future Singaporean but I feel we are doing them an injustice if we are always Mr Good guy and always overly positive and paying lip service but really not getting our hands dirty with them and not try to use tough love to show them the way. It is not an easy way but that is what makes certain they will be strong to face the good with the bad.

I cried on this

Guest guest

Singapore is like the New York City of Southeast Asia, sans the culture:

- overcrowded subways

- people walk fast

- people are also too busy to bother with you

- financial hub of Southeast Asia

- Asia-Pacific headquarters for many companies

- different nationalities flock or are transferred here for work

Naturally everything is expensive in Singapore. 

Guest hotel

Singapore is not a country, it's like a hotel. People come and go. 

And G manage it like a company. P&L driven. The management is really good at wayang. Talk a lot but can't execute because they don't want to do the hard work on the group.

They just want to dedicate and oversee. Use eye power and hope everything will work out. 

Does this remind you of how companies are operated by most managers?

8 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Singapore is like the New York City of Southeast Asia, sans the culture:

- overcrowded subways

- people walk fast

- people are also too busy to bother with you

- financial hub of Southeast Asia

- Asia-Pacific headquarters for many companies

- different nationalities flock or are transferred here for work

Naturally everything is expensive in Singapore. 

Very much so. When the last few times I am in New York for work or play, you can feel it.. it is almost no different in Singapore. As the number of people start to get more anmd more ina small space, things get more impersonal as you fight for your own voice and space. It is so dense that you have to  shout out to be seen and heard. Competition. We are getting there. Automation and all the good things about modern day living is great but they come at a price. Devices and things we take for granted and want fast and now cost money. The good life we have where a lot of the mundane things to do we take for granted. We use foreign workers to do work we do not want to do, we get help and other advance devices to help us do work faster, do more and expectation to get as much done become something inside us all that make us all seem more robot than human at times I think.

We try to get so much done and little time for the non essential things and that means something as friendship or relationship , we do not appreciate it in the same was as before. Now it is about the rat race and survival of the fittest where the best try to stick with the best... and not in a good way. Example we start to choose friends by looking at what they can benefit you directly or indirectly. If you are totally different or someone he/she can not get much advantage being friend with you or even marriage, you are not their type. Fundamental friendship base on common interest does not hold long usually. I see that in BW too. Just about sex alone you see people treat it more like using a product and than dumping once the sensation or boredom doing the same body has passed.

I am at the cross road where I am still OLD SCHOOL so for me, even sex with people with no close relationship value, I can do with him if I am in the mood as often as I can over the years if he wants to. But we find there are more folks around today who like to have as many sex partners as they can like a new sexual high they crave. In their mind, something like... "aiya do with him again..sian ... see enough lah time to change another guy " they value only the sex sensation not the person. It does not get any more impersonal than that. Sad.

We all grow old, as such, we go thru changes, we age..etc but if you think you want to keep getting only the new polished, virginal, less used cock or hole all the time. But many seem to forget, they are growing older too. How come it matters for you but not others you make use of for sex? And why should it be about making use of some one you feel fine? But when you are feeling made use of, you are not happy? Not easy to change that kind of mentality if you let this grow inside you overtime and you will be the one that will suffer the most as you get past the age where many might find you useless and unappealing. IF we all do not start to change that mentality, many will be lonely before long as no one want a old or used too often body. Sex even as impersonal as ONS should still be treating each other with some understanding and not just that you want to use each other body like a device and then thrown. It is thinking too short term in this small city.

So yes it is expensive.. everything is.in one form or another in our life in the modern cosmopolitan .. Including relationships and other non-moneytary things.. we will pay with our life blood. If you know what I mean. So I like to return to fundamentals if I can. I try to tone down my use of devices, read more, update and take time off to find myself again. I can go one but suffice to say, I think we all have our own path to live and it is our own responsibility to go find our place in this world. Just with sex as an example you can extrapolate this in to other scenarios and you can see why things will always keep going up. Something's you made it so and in some case, that is just the way a advancing economy works. We are leading to our own demise if you do not know that. The world does not need more people in the near future as each day modern tech help us do more with less time and people. And do it cheaper but at the expense of us,  human too if you think about it. I saw this happen when I was very young and it is coming true each day.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Singapore is definitely very expensive to live. The income gap is huge and everywhere you go, you need to pay. Nothing is free in Singapore except air. Even though hawker food is cheaper than food courts, but the quantity is very little and you will get hungry again very easily. Hence it is very difficult to live in Singapore.

Guest Uncle
On 6/1/2020 at 10:06 AM, koolkai said:

Singapore is definitely very expensive to live. The income gap is huge and everywhere you go, you need to pay. Nothing is free in Singapore except air. Even though hawker food is cheaper than food courts, but the quantity is very little and you will get hungry again very easily. Hence it is very difficult to live in Singapore.

To the rich, Singapore is heaven. East west melting pot. They eat one lunch at least $200-$300. Have you even been to TWG for tea? It's some cheap tea leaves from India but one pot of tea is $40! I fainted when the bill arrived. Lucky my sugar boyfriend then paid. Now single better but drink tea at kopitiam, still happy

• 1 year later...
Guest Ingrid
On 6/1/2020 at 1:13 AM, upshot said:

Very much so. When the last few times I am in New York for work or play, you can feel it.. it is almost no different in Singapore. As the number of people start to get more anmd more ina small space, things get more impersonal as you fight for your own voice and space. It is so dense that you have to  shout out to be seen and heard. Competition. We are getting there. Automation and all the good things about modern day living is great but they come at a price. Devices and things we take for granted and want fast and now cost money. The good life we have where a lot of the mundane things to do we take for granted. We use foreign workers to do work we do not want to do, we get help and other advance devices to help us do work faster, do more and expectation to get as much done become something inside us all that make us all seem more robot than human at times I think.

We try to get so much done and little time for the non essential things and that means something as friendship or relationship , we do not appreciate it in the same was as before. Now it is about the rat race and survival of the fittest where the best try to stick with the best... and not in a good way. Example we start to choose friends by looking at what they can benefit you directly or indirectly. If you are totally different or someone he/she can not get much advantage being friend with you or even marriage, you are not their type. Fundamental friendship base on common interest does not hold long usually. I see that in BW too. Just about sex alone you see people treat it more like using a product and than dumping once the sensation or boredom doing the same body has passed.

I am at the cross road where I am still OLD SCHOOL so for me, even sex with people with no close relationship value, I can do with him if I am in the mood as often as I can over the years if he wants to. But we find there are more folks around today who like to have as many sex partners as they can like a new sexual high they crave. In their mind, something like... "aiya do with him again..sian ... see enough lah time to change another guy " they value only the sex sensation not the person. It does not get any more impersonal than that. Sad.

We all grow old, as such, we go thru changes, we age..etc but if you think you want to keep getting only the new polished, virginal, less used cock or hole all the time. But many seem to forget, they are growing older too. How come it matters for you but not others you make use of for sex? And why should it be about making use of some one you feel fine? But when you are feeling made use of, you are not happy? Not easy to change that kind of mentality if you let this grow inside you overtime and you will be the one that will suffer the most as you get past the age where many might find you useless and unappealing. IF we all do not start to change that mentality, many will be lonely before long as no one want a old or used too often body. Sex even as impersonal as ONS should still be treating each other with some understanding and not just that you want to use each other body like a device and then thrown. It is thinking too short term in this small city.

So yes it is expensive.. everything is.in one form or another in our life in the modern cosmopolitan .. Including relationships and other non-moneytary things.. we will pay with our life blood. If you know what I mean. So I like to return to fundamentals if I can. I try to tone down my use of devices, read more, update and take time off to find myself again. I can go one but suffice to say, I think we all have our own path to live and it is our own responsibility to go find our place in this world. Just with sex as an example you can extrapolate this in to other scenarios and you can see why things will always keep going up. Something's you made it so and in some case, that is just the way a advancing economy works. We are leading to our own demise if you do not know that. The world does not need more people in the near future as each day modern tech help us do more with less time and people. And do it cheaper but at the expense of us,  human too if you think about it. I saw this happen when I was very young and it is coming true each day.

Indeed. Very true to this day. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, Guest Uncle said:

To the rich, Singapore is heaven. East west melting pot. They eat one lunch at least $200-$300. Have you even been to TWG for tea? It's some cheap tea leaves from India but one pot of tea is $40! I fainted when the bill arrived. Lucky my sugar boyfriend then paid. Now single better but drink tea at kopitiam, still happy

One lunch for $200-$300...  what kind of heaven is this?  What an idiocy!

In my first visits to you island,  I found heaven in Towel Club.  YUMM!   Great orgasms!

I would not care for a $200 lunch.  More valuable is my own cooked food:  lentils with beets, carrots, onions, green vegetables, all for less than $2.  A filet of salmon for $1.50 and a bowl of dark chocolate ice cream for less than that.

Some of these ultra rich are to be pitied.!

Guest Eugene

SG Vs other first class cities across continents 

Example
When you are sick with Sore T, fever and flu  

In SG , probably $40 + medication In heartland clinic (polyclinic lagi cheap)  
Tokyo ? 

Swiss (I lived there. I wont dare.  Just buy medicine from Pharmacy)  

USA (I lived there. Want to see doc make appt.  Appt next week.  I am already heal)  

Taxi fare
Jurong to Changi (we can compare Taxi , MRT and Grab) 
Same distant in Tokyo 

USA - I lived there 

Europe - I lived there 

Food-court 
SG Chicken rice is at most $5

Tokyo ? 
Swiss ? No foodcourt concept 

USA - No foodcourt concept, so is just McDonald 

If the comparison is on the same platform First Class Cities , are we still SO Expensive ? 

As someone who moved to singapore 3 years ago, i also thought singapore was going to be very expensive.

In some aspects yes - housing whether rent or purchasing a flat is very expensive here, unless ur a citizen and apply for HDB housing. As a foreigner, you get taxed 20% upfront for any housing property you buy. Schooling is also very expensive and as an employment pass holder i am not entitled to any govt subsidies for myself (if i wish to enroll in any university) or for my kids. Ditto for medical treatment and hospitalization - you pay full cost upfront out of pocket unless u have some form of medical insurance. 

Food though is relatively cheap yet still good quality. And public transportation is also very affordable and efficient.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.