Male HQ

Do you actively invest or top up CPF

Guest Guest

Some investments that I put my money into are not doing quite well recently, while CPF has been consistent.

Having said that, one has to be sure how they want/where they want their money to be. CPF interest rate is attractive but is a one way ticket - cannot simply withdraw anytime (should you need money urgently).

Spread the eggs - some in the banks, stocks, and others in investments and CPF.

My 3cents thought.

Guest Hot Swimmer

Lately a cute guy asked me to buy life insurance from him. And i am thinking CPF vs Life Insurance which is better for retirement saving? Can anyone share your thoughts.

4 hours ago, Guest Hot Swimmer said:
4 hours ago, Guest Hot Swimmer said:

Lately a cute guy asked me to buy life insurance from him. And i am thinking CPF vs Life Insurance which is better for retirement saving? Can anyone share your thoughts.

Life insurance and endowment plan is crucial....focus on your needs and not the cute guy.

Edited by lonelyglobe

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

How many of you actively invest or put money into CPF retirement fund

I put them in my rusty biscuit tin.  Safer than the HO HO HO.J.

Guest investfailure
Just now, Guest investfailure said:

whatever shares i invested, all now in right. Instead of generating passive money, i'm losing a lot more :frustrated:

*right = red

typo

Guest Guest4
1 hour ago, Guest investfailure said:

whatever shares i invested, all now in right. Instead of generating passive money, i'm losing a lot more :frustrated:

Since now price is lower, buy more to DCA :(

Guest investfailure
36 minutes ago, Guest Guest4 said:

Since now price is lower, buy more to DCA :(

many predicted economy downturn this year, price will go even lower

can we have financial thread for gay experts to guide us in investing?

Guest RetireReady plus

Dear Bros, 

since we are on this topic, anyone has consider investing into a retirement saving plan - RetireReady Plus?

Comments please 

if the goal is to attain annuity payment, then it is wise to top up.

at the moment, i like to keep my secondary savings liquid and see the options before i do a massive top-up.

you never know, if the annuity sucks, it's just not worth it. my housing is already settled, so CPF for me will serve as it original purpose: retirement funds. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Hot Swimmer
6 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

That insurance guy is tall, good looking, angelic smile, fit body built in executive shirt and those bubble butt in tight pant. Abosolutely yummy one.

Yeah i am thinking to save more for retirement by life insurance and endowment plans. CPF though offer higher interest but you can never use all of them while still alive. Better put in life insurance. After maturity can get the money to spend.

13 hours ago, Guest Hot Swimmer said:

CPF though offer higher interest but you can never use all of them while still alive. Better put in life insurance. After maturity can get the money to spend.

I strongly advise you to revisit the CPF website or go for talks organised by CPF to have a better understand how CPF works. Your understanding on, I quote, “...you can NEVER use all of them while still alive...” is totally flawed. 

Guest Hot Swimmer
5 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

I strongly advise you to revisit the CPF website or go for talks organised by CPF to have a better understand how CPF works. Your understanding on, I quote, “...you can NEVER use all of them while still alive...” is totally flawed. 

That's what people say. Your money lock up in cpf and any extra will pass down to your kin after you pass away. So you can never spend all your money in cpf.

Haven't heard of cpf talks teaching people to spend up all their cpf money.

15 hours ago, Guest Hot Swimmer said:

That insurance guy is tall, good looking, angelic smile, fit body built in executive shirt and those bubble butt in tight pant. Abosolutely yummy one.

Yeah i am thinking to save more for retirement by life insurance and endowment plans. CPF though offer higher interest but you can never use all of them while still alive. Better put in life insurance. After maturity can get the money to spend.

That guy is not going to be with u forever but your money is.

• 2 months later...

Tagline for cpf:

"So easy to put in, so hard to take out"

If really got spare cash, should consider settle your home loan first, put into fix deposit as bank are upping their rates foreseeing a recession soon....

no matter how technology changes, "cash is king" and cash is something that u can easily feel and touch it as and whenever u want.

Guest CPFInvtLoss
On 1/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, Guest investfailure said:

whatever shares i invested, all now in the red. Instead of generating passive money, i'm losing a lot more :frustrated:

Think Hyflux. If you had used CPF, your expected loss would be a whopping 97%!

Most ppl I know have problem meeting the minimum amount after servicing their housing loan.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 1/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, bluerunner said:

If you think it’s not your money, please feel free to top-up into my CPF account. :lol:

If you can withdraw CPF from my  call my money from oa, sa and Medi save in cold hard cash I give you 40% of it

Edited by Ahseng_

Guest Integrity
3 hours ago, Larry said:

Using CPF & cash, I am collecting dividends (varying from $5k to few hundreds per stock so far) for the following stocks,

January: Singtel

February: Fraser Property

March: Lion-Philips Reit

April

May: S'pura Finance, Pan United

June

July: Hotel Grand Central

August: Singtel, S'pore Shipping

September: Pan United, Lion-Philips Reit, Sasseur Reit

October

November: Guccoland

December

Still looking for stocks to fill up April, June, October & December time slots. I believe this is a good way preparing for old age. 

You probably has Hyflux too.  Come on, be honest.

Guest Tio Bio?

I try to eat 2 meals a day. Reduce carb and sugar.  Cheap Cheap. Easy to maintain. I forgot I have CPF, not much, and was told it was not my money. So, won't consider that as liquidity. Even if it does, still have many messy conditions attached to it to make your hair stands. So Ya, a bird in hand is better than thrice in the bushes.  Go out less, eat less and spend less. No networking, no expensive dining and be a minimalisim.  End of the day, life should be better than those with fluctuating incomes,  Tio Bo?

Guest Fake nasi lemak
8 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Wait the goal post is repositioned again, and again. 

Further and further away, LOL.

That will depends on the voters. I have long lost hope in human intelligence to see thru the scam.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, Guest Guest said:

No, but I did use some from OA to do external investment, and used cash funds to invest externally.

Guest Do you know
On 1/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, Guest Guest said:

I tried to top up SA account but CPF won't allow cos my CPF contribution from my salary exceeds the ceiling :(

10 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Not sure. That’s why I am asking. 

Browsing the bank website, OCBC and UOB sites are more interesting. 

Depend on what product you are interested to buy and which bank is offering that product.  You won't let the money just sit in your SRS Account.

Don't read and response to guests' post

diversify. topup ur CPF, and invest in something else. diversify your 'something else' - stocks, precious metals, foreign currencies, startups, just name it. pick any of them, for example. 

with diversification, you will mitigate your risks a lot more, thus ensuring that you will get your money's worth without raising your risk profile too high. 

merely my humble opinion

and make sure your biggest investment is with yourself - eat right. sleep right. exercise right. think right. feels right. and be mindful of ur words and actions. and always make sure you strive to be at least 20 years or 30 years younger than ur actual age. 

Edited by cloxk

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, Guest investfailure said:

What a lot of investors lack is real knowledge of stocks investing. We need to go where “the action” is; and not hearsay from a lot of other people. 

I’ve been trading in the US Stock market for about 8 years now and average about 20% profit p.a just by trading stocks and ETFs (I trade stocks, options, futures, bonds, commodities and forex)! You may be sceptical about it but I want people to see it’s possible to do so even with very small portfolios. I don’t bullshit my friends about the figures I claim to make, that’s why I have a Facebook group where I actually post all my trades (winners and losers) at the end of each week. 

If any of you you are interested, I welcome all of you to join my Facebook group (Good Trading!) and see for yourself. It’s entirely free and I give details on which exact trade I do and the techniques I used to enter each particular trade. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1472167989572385/?ref=share

Edited by Kin3tiCs

Guest Willie
On 3/28/2019 at 3:55 PM, bluerunner said:

For those who has set up a SRS account, does it matter which bank you choose? Kindly share your opinion. Thanks. 

It does not matter at all.

You can use your bank's SRS account to buy another bank's products.

100% confirmed because I have done that before.

Don't know why Singaporeans always complain about CPF. If there's no CPF, like other developed countries, you pay like say 22% in tax when you reach above $29k/annum which you don't get much back. How about 10% of GST or some other weird tax they collect. CPF will never make you rich, it just provides enough so you don't starve on the streets.

There are ways to benefit from the CPF system if you're able to bear the pain and see far enough and even let CPF pay your CPF for you. Use your brain harder to figure it out yourself "Guests".

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.