Male HQ

Singapore Gay Bars / Pub / Clubbing Places To Recommend? + Where To Club & Chillout? (Compiled)

imchaser

The title's bars but we're talking more about clubs here.

Not familiar with bars, but Play & Taboo are great places to club.

What's inside there? Lots of people dancing, some just sitting or standing, some drinking, some chilling on sofa, some getting a little wasted because they drink too much. Some goes home alone, some goes home with friends, some goes back with... ehem.

To avoid awkwardness, best to go in a group (or at least with a friend or two) esp. if it's first time. Unless you're a natural clubber who's confident to dance in public & knows how to handle people if they make a move on you (both in the exciting and the irritating sense).

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

How much u guys spent at bar, one drink seem not enough right?

You can try DYMK $30 free flow house pours on Wednesdays, Taboo $25 free flow house pours on Fridays and Saturdays (very crowded though, and you have to push your way through the queue to get drinks), or happy hour at 8 cafe (forgot how much, I think it's $38 for a bucket of beer). Alternatively you can try the special toxic drinks at Tantric. If you are not a strong drinker, and if you drink fast, 1 serving of their Blue Spin or Long Island Tea (around $16?) should be enough to get you tipsy!

Here's some info on the main bars around the Tanjong Pagar area. This is based on my experience so yeah, might not be 100% accurate. Anyway it's sort of the norm for people to bar hop around here, so if you don't feel comfortable in one place just try somewhere else.

DYMK – Stands for Does Your Mother Know. It’s a rather chill place, quiet atmosphere but a little small so it can get packed and hard to get seats at times. Usually people go there in groups, while the soloists are the die-hard regulars. I know they have their own liquid buffet on Wednesdays but I'm not sure how much. One thing I noticed is that their staff are all hunky types lol. Well to be honest, I don’t really know much about them apart from that.

Nirvana – BIASNESS alert(One guess why lol). Located where Locker Room used to be, right next to DYMK. Ok, the feel is pretty similar to DYMK, chill place with tables and chairs. More of a sitting place for gatherings and meetups. The crowd varies, you’ll see new faces most of the time with a few exceptions. Nirvana opens the earliest as compared to the rest of the bars around(5pm) with the Happy hour promos for Beers @ 2 for $14 and Wines @ $8 from 5pm-9pm daily. Recommended drink? Waterlychee Mojito! The strongest drink would be Around The World. Nowadays, Nirvana holds monthly events one of which is called La Queen where some of the local drag queens perform, sometimes with games where customers can win stuff. This is usually when Nirvana is the most packed. You can find more info on the Nirvana Facebook page. The last event was held just yesterday. (P.S. You'll probably spot me here on Fridays and Saturdays)

E-Bar – The typical KTV style bar with tidbits, dice games, karaoke singing, and people watching you sing. Mainly Chinese crowd here, mix of younger and older crowds. The lady boss is super friendly and will definitely make your visit enjoyable.

Tantric and May Wong – Across the road from the last 3 bars I mentioned. This is where you’ll find most of the foreign visitors(Caucasians) and their chasers. The crowd is usually friendly, sometimes overly friendly. Tantric is probably the most popular of the few, and is super packed on the weekends. They're mainly known for their strong drinks such as the Blue Spin etc. The first floor is the main area with both an outside and inside area. The outside area is open-air with a couple of benches while the inside area is the air-conditioned area. On weekends(Fri & Sat) the outside bar will be open as well. The first floor has a very club feel, dark and loud with people dancing to the blasting club music. May Wong(located on the 2nd floor) is a more relaxing place with sofa seats and an overall homey feel. If you’re looking to hook up with someone, Tantric is your best bet. Random tip: There is a smoking area behind the first floor toilet through the black door. There's no need to squeeze your way through to the front.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Backstage Bar does it for me , the staff are super friendly. Not that expensive, 10 bucks for a beer and 12 bucks for housepours. Put it on tab to make it convenient. I usually go alone and sit at the bar itself and talk to any stranger I can find. I like Fridays and Saturdays, sometimes its a precursor to Tantric but I detest I seldom go there now.

I agree with the comments that there are many Caucasians in Backstage and are of the mature lot but that is cool with me.

If you just really want to meet decent strangers , I prefer to go to these places :-)

The best conversations I had (drunk or sober) was always in Backstage Bar. If you just met someone there,  its like having a date but no date, no strings attached.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always wanted to go g*y clubbing at least once in my life but I dont have friends to go with. I'm not local so I somehow feel more confident that no one's going to recognize me when I try it here in Singapore lol... I know Im pretty charismatic so I bet It'll be easier for me to meet hot guys there heheh who's with me this weekend?!?

I know Im pretty charismatic so I bet It'll be easier for me to meet hot guys there heheh who's with me this weekend?!?

By saying this, i dont think anyone is going to go with you, for fear that you will hook up with hot guys and leave your companion alone :)

And since you are so charasmatic, why dont you go yourself to make friends there?

By saying this, i dont think anyone is going to go with you, for fear that you will hook up with hot guys and leave your companion alone :)

And since you are so charasmatic, why dont you go yourself to make friends there?

you do have a point :) maybe i just wanted to make sure that i have someone to chat with when i get there. from what i heard, guys here are too "shy" to approach guys they like... so where do you suggest me visiting first? the one good for solo clubbing and meeting people?

you do have a point :) maybe i just wanted to make sure that i have someone to chat with when i get there. from what i heard, guys here are too "shy" to approach guys they like... so where do you suggest me visiting first? the one good for solo clubbing and meeting people?

Sorry i cant help u cos i seldom club or pub

But if u r keen to explore Saunas, i can help, cos i m slightly more familiar with saunas :P

Haha. Maybe you are right.

Oh man, where are the pubs for lonely souls. Lol.

1. no. of gay pubs and clubs can count with fingers, so its hard to find one for 'lonely souls'. even for pubs, there are so many people.

2. straight pubs for lonely souls gt alot....maybe older women will buy you a drink lol

3. if you are not attractive and enter a gay pub alone, yes you will enjoy ur lonely time.

4. if you are attractive and enter a gay pub alone, you can forget about your alone time.

You are charm and open, why don't you approach others?

Walked past backstage at 7ish yest but saw nobody at all. Maybe it was too early but was expecting a happy hour crowd sort of.

When do ppl start going in? As a first timer going alone, I don't want to be intimidated by a huge crowd, yet would like to have a crowd big enough so that I don't look like I've booked the whole place. LOL!

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.