Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

Guest Youtube
15 minutes ago, fetish69 said:

RIP sadly lost to suicide. All I know she got a luxury life being married to billionaire nice house and environment again money and material doesn't guarantee happiness.

But her billionaire husband is cheating on her and both her stepdaughters are not with her side. She felt betrayed. A seemingly happy 4 person family is just an illusion. After All, he is the one who support the daughters and they are the one who will inherit his father fortune. No matter what she is still the outsider. 

And her voice also been affected. Not able to sing. Her money making voice is not able to work anymore.

Her leg also got problem. Just finished surgery. Need to learn to walk again. 

Maybe all these take a toll on her mind. Not able to come out from the prison of her mind. Not easy to let go of all these things unless really move away from human and live in isolated island. 

If she loves singing and entertain and been doing this for all her life. And not being able to do that anymore. Maybe she lost her self worth. 

And also maybe she has no one already. No family except sisters. No husband to care for her. She feel alone. 

If I have money, I will move away to a new place with no one recognize me and start a new life. Like Joey Wong.

This song reminds me of a very important friend I know years ago. He passed away very early in probably his 20s or 30s from an illness unexpectedly. Everytime I read any news on Coco Lee I'll remember him fondly. This was his favorite song in KTV, I think he sang it more Coco Lee than Coco Lee.

May they both be well and happy wherever they are and rest in peace.

Guest Depressed

Don't know what to say. The pressure was too much she imploded.  I thought rich people have plenty of options to get out of depression as compared to poor people?

Guest Guest
On 7/6/2023 at 7:27 PM, Guest Youtube said:

But her billionaire husband is cheating on her and both her stepdaughters are not with her side. She felt betrayed. A seemingly happy 4 person family is just an illusion. After All, he is the one who support the daughters and they are the one who will inherit his father fortune. No matter what she is still the outsider. 

And her voice also been affected. Not able to sing. Her money making voice is not able to work anymore.

Her leg also got problem. Just finished surgery. Need to learn to walk again. 

Maybe all these take a toll on her mind. Not able to come out from the prison of her mind. Not easy to let go of all these things unless really move away from human and live in isolated island. 

If she loves singing and entertain and been doing this for all her life. And not being able to do that anymore. Maybe she lost her self worth. 

And also maybe she has no one already. No family except sisters. No husband to care for her. She feel alone. 

If I have money, I will move away to a new place with no one recognize me and start a new life. Like Joey Wong.

Super有钱人的问题。

For this type of problems, I'd take whatever depression that comes with it. 

HEY, CAN ALL YOU BITCHES SHUT THE FUCK UP AND RESPECT THE DEAD

So many actors and actresses have already pass away because of depression and does not give anyone of us any rights to talk rot about them!! 

there are some of LGBTQ folks out there who have depressions too.. so why dun u jokers go out there to help them out rather than coming online, hiding urself behind ur screens & keyboards being some "keyboard warriors" .. 

Edited by single42

On 7/8/2023 at 5:18 PM, single42 said:

So many actors and actresses have already pass away because of depression and does not give anyone of us any rights to talk rot about them!! 

there are some of LGBTQ folks out there who have depressions too.. so why dun u jokers go out there to help them out rather than coming online, hiding urself behind ur screens & keyboards being some "keyboard warriors" .. 

Well said

Guest Coco Lee
On 7/8/2023 at 8:16 AM, Guest Coco said:

Given to her strong character I would never thought she would take her own life. What if there are conspiracy behind? 

Have to wait for the official autopsy report. Deep down I believe she will not take her own life. something is a miss. Now her sister was saying other things. something is wrong. there is rumour (not sure from where) that she vomit and suffocated from her own vomit. and there is also saying that there is a cut on her wrist from nail clipper. something is wrong with her sister. if not mistaken she is staying in her house. 

Many learning points from this tribute.

What did you learn from it?

----

Ferren Lee (or better known as Coco Lee), only 48, has passed on. I am no big fan of Mandopop, but this one I remember. To me, Coco Lee has proven herself to be a fighter. With vocal range spanning three octaves, she indeed reminded many of being the “Mariah Carey of Asia.”

Her family said that she had been battling with depression for a few years  Over the last few months, that condition deteriorated quickly. On Sunday, she attempted to take her own life. Rushed to the hospital, doctors tried their best to save her from her coma, but she succumbed to it yesterday.

For me, her most memorable roles are when she performed the theme songs for Mulan and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Her sisters said Coco had “worked tirelessly to open up a new world for Chinese singers in the international music scene, and she went all out to shine for the Chinese.”

In 2014, Coco said: “I want to make people happy when they watch me sing and dance. I want to bring joy through my music. I want to be a role model to woman out there, to encourage them that it’s possible to have a career and a family, to have it all.”

RIP Coco, you have indeed shone and brought lasting smiles and enduring hopes to many out there. Thanks for the devotion and labour of love. I may not fully understand your battles with the many demons within, but at the very least, your fight for life to the very last breath has inspired all. 

Alas, death always turns the soul inward, especially if it happens to one who seemingly has every reason in this world to go on. Coco seems to have everything going for her, but appearances only go so far, or deep. It thus causes one to dive into deeper introspection. 

Suicide (or attempts to) is often equated with an act that is the opposite of life. Actually, or more precisely, suicide is not the opposite of life. It is the opposite of hope. It’s the death of hope. Hope dies first, before everything else is infected by its lifelessness.

For when that goes, one may live on, but it is a life that has nothing to live for. When hope dies, the field is barren and dead silent. Every seed planted bears no fruit. Every heartbeat to move forward falls on deaf ears. Norman Cousins once wrote that "death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live." 

If what is inside of us shines brighter than the darkness outside, our will to live and thrive fights for the remaining days of our life. But when what is inside is darker than the darkness outside, then darkness lends to darkness, bringing the eventual death of hope. 

To the living, hope is the light that calls for us to live intentionally, and not take anything for granted. While our mortality forces us to count the time left, hope forces us to make the time we have left counts. That is how hope breathes new life into the days we have ahead. 

The eminent psychiatrist Irvin Yalom once quoted a letter from a senator in his early sixties after he discovered that he suffered from very serious cancer. This was what the senator wrote:-

"A change came over me which I believe is irreversible. Questions of prestige, of political success, of financial status, became all at once unimportant. In those first hours when I realised I had cancer, I never thought of my seat in the Senate, of my bank account, or of the destiny of the free world...”

“My wife and I have not had a quarrel since my illness was diagnosed. I used to scold her about squeezing the toothpaste from the top instead of the bottom, about not catering sufficiently to my fussy appetite, about making up guest lists without consulting me, about spending too much on clothes.

Now I am either unaware of such matter, or they seem irrelevant..."

I have learned that relevance is a matter of perspective. Impending death narrows many issues for us. It allows us to see things more clearly. While life grants us an open field of uncharted opportunities, mortality holds us by the hand and whispers to us to take the road that matters most.

Unsurprisingly, it is often the road less travelled.

There is nothing wrong with living fully, or to the fullest, which involves making mistakes, and coming back stronger and better for it. But in the larger scheme of things, life and death in partnership has other plans for us that we often miss out because we have been busy running around, desperate to reap an ocean when we are only given a river. No matter how great we are, it is not in the greatness found in living forever. 

So, death of another often forces the soul to reflect inward. It is hoped that we will see things more clearly, and in turn, find hope in what is most relevant to our life. Guard jealously then with all your might this life-affirming, death-embracing perspective. Never let the ocean out there drown it out.  

Let me end with this reflection by Anne Frank. “Whoever is happy will make others happy too…How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”

And I see that wonderful spirit in Coco.

Edited by kidster

On 7/6/2023 at 11:39 PM, Guest Guest said:

Doubt her soul can go heaven cause is  suicide. Those who suicide will suffer for more years in hell before can reincarnate.

For your clever statement there is only one response that fits perfectly:  BULLSHIT!! :angry::angry:

If there is a Creator God,  every suicide happening in the world should be felt by this God as a DEFEAT!    The human creature is so despondent that it chooses death over the life that this God allegedly gifted the creature with!   Such a soul does not deserve "punishment"  but "reparation".

The more senior I become, the more I feel every death as a tragedy.  But this tragedy is much higher in a suicide.  I feel it as a black eye for all of humanity, for all of us. :( 

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

For your clever statement there is only one response that fits perfectly:  BULLSHIT!! :angry::angry:

If there is a Creator God,  every suicide happening in the world should be felt by this God as a DEFEAT!    The human creature is so despondent that it chooses death over the life that this God allegedly gifted the creature with!   Such a soul does not deserve "punishment"  but "reparation".

The more senior I become, the more I feel every death as a tragedy.  But this tragedy is much higher in a suicide.  I feel it as a black eye for all of humanity, for all of us. :( 

According to Buddhism, me think,  if a person cheated or chose short cut (by committing suicide) instead of facing their tribulation destined for them, in this life, they will face severe punishment.  It is a debt they still owe and will need to repay until the path meant for them are fulfilled.  For all human, it is important to deal with challenges in an imperfect world,  so that once you are about to leave this world naturally, you can do so with peace of mind knowing that your mission is fulfilled and did your best.  This is the reason you occasionally see elderly individuals with a serene expression, wanting to live simply and appear content in their final year by putting down all of the cares of the world, in their golden years, with sporadic memories of those bittersweet years of their time long since past. 

28 minutes ago, Sweetie Pie said:

According to Buddhism, me think,  if a person cheated or chose short cut (by committing suicide) instead of facing their tribulation destined for them, in this life, they will face severe punishment.  It is a debt they still owe and will need to repay until the path meant for them are fulfilled.  For all human, it is important to deal with challenges in an imperfect world,  so that once you are about to leave this world naturally, you can do so with peace of mind knowing that your mission is fulfilled and did your best.  This is the reason you occasionally see elderly individuals with a serene expression, wanting to live simply and appear content in their final year by putting down all of the cares of the world, in their golden years, with sporadic memories of those bittersweet years of their time long since past. 

Aiyah simple solution, just don't believe in Buddhism when you commit suicide. Just denounce any religion and affliction that way you won't be subjected to the religions after life beliefs... 

Its like saying you ate subjected to the concept of mummified by Egyptian... But you don't believe? How does that works? You get the after life based on what you believe? Or is the after life all the same for all... The what if your religions understanding of after life is wrong? 

There are religion that don't belive in after life. So complicated. It's already hard to live this life. So many rules to govern our after life. And the next. It's like what's the point to even exist. Just pain and suffering the moment you exists. 

Guest Werkfd worlx

News report coco Lee got property worth 40 million... 

Suicide for what? Just retire from the world... 1 million per year also can last up to 80 years old plus. 

Many of us won't even reach 1 million. She had 4x of it. And still suicide? 

If the cause is cancer? So? Alot of people also got cancer what. Cancer and poor. Divorce? So? Alot of people also divorced what. Divorced and poor. 

Sometimes really don't understand rich people problem la. 

Poor people depress from not being rich. Have to slave to just survive. 

Rich people don't depressed cause money is not a worry anymore. So find other things to worry about until kamikaze. 

We live in such a weird world. 

Come to think of it, homeless dying people they will be looking at us average Singaporean and wonder why we can't be happy with just earning 4k per month. 

there are some of LGBTQ folks out there who have depressions too.. so why dun u jokers go out there to help them out rather than coming online, hiding urself behind ur screens & keyboards being some "keyboard warriors" .. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Mito said:

Interesting fact., her late father was Malaysian. 

Coco Lee has Malaysian roots. 

Viva

What I read from Chinese media is that father was born in Harbin n stayed in Indonesia, no reference to Malaysia.

On 7/12/2023 at 9:32 PM, Sweetie Pie said:

From what we know of CoCo Lee,  she was not a person to deserve punishment.  And we all feel compassion for her, with she ending her life.  I think that we are right,  even if religions say otherwise.  There is a high probability that the religions are the ones who are wrong.

Many of us seniors live satisfied and happy, ready when the time comes to give up our life with serenity and dignity.  But this is due to our good luck and not that we deserve it more than others. 

On 7/12/2023 at 10:03 PM, Guest Wow said:

There are religion that don't belive in after life. So complicated. It's already hard to live this life. So many rules to govern our after life. And the next. It's like what's the point to even exist. Just pain and suffering the moment you exists. 

When we get older and more experienced we start to realize how FALSITY invades all situations in life.  There is deception in the TV commercials, in the words of the politicians, in relationships,  even the laws of physics suffer periodic contradictions.  TRUTH, FACTS are hard to find.  Why should religions be an exception?

You are right wondering what is the point to even exist.  We don't know this,  nobody does.  It is very easy to invent stories and theories about the afterlife.  Most religions have these stories and they are all different.  An intelligent mind sees in this an evidence that these stories are all invented, mostly fairy tales. 

We all can gain peace of mind by accepting our ignorance.  The afterlife is an unknown, for us all!   We can live a happy life guided by our moral values,  without giving any thoughts to an afterlife and a supernatural.  :thumb:

Edited by Steve5380

Just try to put yourself in Coco Lee's shoes.

She has to fight within the same Chinese market. The same market is shared with the English entertainment, K-Pop, other Chinese artistes. On top of that, there are YouTube, TikTok, OnlyFans, Instagram, etc. 

No wonder she suffers depression. To stay relevant in the entertainment world, one's dignity (based on traditional values) has to be compromised.

Guest Hate me i don't care
1 minute ago, bodybuildMLY said:

Just try to put yourself in Coco Lee's shoes.

She has to fight within the same Chinese market. The same market is shared with the English entertainment, K-Pop, other Chinese artistes. On top of that, there are YouTube, TikTok, OnlyFans, Instagram, etc. 

No wonder she suffers depression. To stay relevant in the entertainment world, one's dignity (based on traditional values) has to be compromised.

I think you are projecting... 

Its more likely her depression is due the cancer and divorce. Than competition at work. Compete for what. 

Already have 40 million property worth. 

Most normal people can't even reach 1 million even if they worked till death. And it's totally fine. 

Rich people problems can't relate. 

Normal people work at low pay competing with younger fresh grad with higher pay. Normal life is more depressed than the rich and glamorous world of entertainment. 

What a joke. Rich people can die from depression for all I care. Poor people have suffered enough and still suffering. 

Why does ONE rich people life matters more than HUNDREDS poor people life who died. 

Makes no sense to glorify the life of one. She ain't that popular. 

I never heard of her until she died. And again a selfish act of publicity. 

Guest Guest
On 7/13/2023 at 2:09 PM, single42 said:

there are some of LGBTQ folks out there who have depressions too.. so why dun u jokers go out there to help them out rather than coming online, hiding urself behind ur screens & keyboards being some "keyboard warriors" .. 

The more you tell others to SHUT THE FUCK UP, the more I find her death disgusting! 

Is she talented? Yes. 

Is she rich? Yes. 

Is she divorcing? Yes. 

Is she suffering from an illness? Yes. 

Is she having depression? Yes. 

She is not the only one in the entire world who is suffering from depression. Like what you yourself have said, there are so many others including LGBT people suffering from depression. 

But yet for someone, who is so rich, so talented, so well-loved by all her fans and her sister, to go commit suicide, what type of "good" example is she setting for all those poorer and sicker people who are also having depression?? 

So yes! Her suicide ought to be condemned! She has set an extraordinarily BAD example for every single depression sufferers to follow.

Imagine someone going out to jump from the rooftop and leaving a note to tell you saying "If even Coco Lee do not find worth in her life, what about me?", what are you going to say to that? 

Sure, go ahead and respect the dead. But in this case, her death is not worth respecting. She committed suicide when she still have all her sisters to care for and look after her, and maybe even placed under suicide watch. 

So the person who should SHUT THE FUCK UP IS YOU! Don't you DARE go extol her suicide to be anything to be honoured! If you have nothing better to say, SHUT THE FUCK UP! 

Her suicide was meaningless and there is nothing respectable about it. 

So yeah! YOU GO SHUT THE FUCK UP!  

I was saddened today by the news of the death of the actor of Pee-wee Herman, Paul Reubens. :( 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/31/entertainment/paul-reubens-dead/index.html

As a younger man I was kind of turned off by the character Pee-wee.  But today, as an experienced senior,  I recognize the greatness of Paul Reubens and the gift of kindness he gave to the youngest in society...  and the not so young.  He also had a "child inside" which he had no problem in letting come out of him.   Reflecting on the example he gave of good people existing among us in this world, some tears rolled down my face.

His career was dampened in two occasions where he got in trouble with The Law.  But we can understand that it was not HE who wronged the law,  but it was The Law that wronged him!   Instead of victimizing,  it was HE who got victimized.   But of course,  not everyone shares this same opinion.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Listen

You should spend less time on CNN, not very healthy.  In fact, you should spend less time reading sad news from western medias and invited so much negative vibes into  your soul. 

Guest Not sad

Am I the only one who are heartless? Why does celebrity life matters more than normal people? 

Many people died from cancer. Hell my ex colleague also died from cancer. When the admin send email out informing the death of ex colleague. 

Nobody cared. People still joking and laughing in meeting room. No sadness or mourning at all. 

But yet celebrity lives... But I must applaud him for keeping his struggle a secret. As it should be. 

At least he leg a celebrity life. Many of us don't even have that privilege. 

Guest Jaded

She died so long ago... 

But her family kept her body so long to have a funeral just recently? 

Is this normal? 

Or are they milking for public attention. I'm torn. I feel the proper thing to do is to lay her to rest... Not hold her still bound to the earth for her fans.... 

Guest Guest
8 minutes ago, Guest Jaded said:

She died so long ago... 

But her family kept her body so long to have a funeral just recently? 

Is this normal? 

Or are they milking for public attention. I'm torn. I feel the proper thing to do is to lay her to rest... Not hold her still bound to the earth for her fans.... 

Heard it is legally mandated for her body to go through autopsy due to circumstances surrounding her death, as there are queries on whether it is really a suicide. The autopsy report is not out yet cos I think the autopsy has just been completed. But I think if there has been no arrest or subsequent investigations, the autopsy is most likely going to prove that her death was a suicide. 

Guest Guest

But this is interesting news.... 

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/coco-lees-estranged-husband-bruce-rockowitz-issues-statement-asset-distribution-pursue-legal-action

Coco Lee's estranged husband issues statement on her asset distribution; will pursue legal action against people spreading liesCoco Lee's estranged husband issues statement on her asset distribution; will pursue legal action against people spreading lies

The statement comes after various reports and discussions surfaced online since Coco's death on July 5 at the age of 48, speculating on how her assets, estimated to be around 1 billion yuan (S$186 million), would be distributed.The statement comes after various reports and discussions surfaced online since Coco's death on July 5 at the age of 48, speculating on how her assets, estimated to be around 1 billion yuan (S$186 million), would be distributed.

Guest Sue me

I mean... If she don't kill herself, she can sell those assets what. 

Why she kill herself le? 

I'm stuck at a low paid unhappy job, have to entertain my shit boss, colleagues and clients. 

You don't see me commit suicide. 

Rich people can afford to leave a mark and make ppl remember them. 

But I choose to forget her. She choose the coward way out especially given her privilege. 

12 hours ago, Guest Never heard of said:

*Yawn*..let's see what you've got here.  Oh...nothing interesting.  Deal with it and move on. 

It seems that Pee-wee was unknown in Singapore...  so sad, what you have missed...

Why did I have to wait for the death of the actor to know about his movie PEE-WEE BIG ADVENTURE?

Here are two videos with the beginning and the end of the movie,  I suppose:

After watching them,  I noticed a change in The Child Inside Me.   Decades ago, me Child would have found this movie stupid, childish,  not enough "intellectual", ha ha.   Today, he LOVES Pee-wee!!   Now, he begs me to get the movie. Since he is always obedient, I convinced him to wait a while before I buy it,  since with the death of Reubens there has been a run on the movie, and many places are sold out.  

Being a celebrity may be stressful, just like any other type of work. Maintaining one's image, protecting one's privacy, going through a mid-career crisis, worrying about competition and not fitting in, fearing financial ruin, unable to cope with worklife balance and worrying about the paparazzi spreading false information can all cause stress.  As a result, some of them turned to drug overdoses to numb their emotions, became nuts, and eventually did the unimaginable.     They live a life Dark inside, glam on the exterior. Do you guys understand their feelings?  

1 minute ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Being a celebrity may be stressful, just like any other type of work. Maintaining one's image, protecting one's privacy, going through a mid-career crisis, worrying about competition and not fitting in, fearing financial ruin, unable to cope with worklife balance and worrying about the paparazzi spreading false information can all cause stress.  As a result, some of them turned to drug overdoses to numb their emotions, became nuts, and eventually did the unimaginable.     They live a life Dark inside, glam on the exterior. Do you guys understand their feelings?  

I understand it, and now more than ever.  It is a BLESSING to be healthy and strong,  to have everything one needs physically, spiritually and emotionally, and to be COMPLETELY INSIGNIFICANT AND IRRELEVANT except to a bunch of friends and beloved.  :) 

Guest Hahaa
10 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Can't relate. Not a celebrity nor rich. It's like saying how hard it must be for only fans to earn so much money for doing something so unhappy... 

Must be so hard... 

Yep. Hard haha. 

I found this video "Paul Reubens on the 35th anniversary of Pee-wee's Big Adventure.   That movie was from 1985, and 35 years later is the year 2020.  So, here is the actor at 67 years of age:

HE DID NOT CHANGE!   The same kind person, full of humor,  although he must have been in the middle of his battle with cancer.  What a good example!

I cannot get enough of this guy:

Guest ffffffff

Sinead O'Connor re enters the Irish and Uk charts.

IMO, best track from her so far

..best of Sinead O'Connor is:

Empire - bomb the bass feat O'Connor.

A critique of England.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.