Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

On 10/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, practease said:

1_ACP_CHP_141020PPROD-Angela-Landsbury_1

Dame Angela Lansbury, beloved star of 'Murder, She Wrote,' dead at 96

😢😭

Rest in Peace...🕯️

I also liked the acting of Angela Lansbury, and I watched plenty of episodes of her Murder She Wrote. 

One remarkable aspect of her life is that she reached the age of 96 y.o.    So many other personalities don't live longer than their 60s and 70s,  and one would think that their lives are not at such risk as the military, police, fire fighters and daredevils. 

Hello, I know that this thread is supposed to be for famous celebrities who have passed on. I'm looking for some information on the whereabouts of a James JT, IG @gymmersg. He was quite well known in the SG gay community and active in social media up till late 2019 before the start of the pandemic. Seems to have disappeared altogether - not sure if he's passed on?

Guest Chiquitita

Flashdance and Fame singer Irene Cara dies aged 63

Born in 1962 in New York City, she first dazzled audiences when she was just five years old and went on to star in the hit movie Flashdance.

Born in 1962 in New York City, she first dazzled audiences when she was just five years old and went on to star in the hit movie Flashdance.

ESO5LH3B7FHHVMIZYVJT63ZNG4.jpeg

On 11/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, Guest Chiquitita said:

ESO5LH3B7FHHVMIZYVJT63ZNG4.jpeg

Oh my. Her Fame is already an anthem. RIP

Guest Jing Peng

spacer.png

BEIJING: China's former leader Jiang Zemin, who steered the country through a transformational era from the late 1980s and into the new millennium, died on Wednesday (Nov 30) at the age of 96, state news agency Xinhua said.

Guest Big Bert

spacer.png

Bob McGrath, one of the original human performers on Sesame Street, has died. He was 90. His family broke the news on his official Facebook page, writing that he “died peacefully at home, surrounded by his family.” McGrath was on Sesame Street from the show’s inception in 1969 until 2016. He sang many of the show’s classic songs, including “Sing, Sing a Song” and “The People in Your Neighborhood.”

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2022-12-16/twitch-death-suicide-note-stephen-boss

Dancer and beloved “Ellen DeGeneres Show” sidekick Stephen “Twitch” Boss left a note before he died of a gunshot wound to the head Tuesday, The Times has confirmed.

Contents of the note were not revealed but led investigators to conclude that Boss’ death was a suicide, according to people familiar with the investigation but who were not authorized to speak about it publicly.

The “So You Think You Can Dance” star died earlier this week at an Encino, Calif., motel and his death was ruled a suicide by the L.A. County Coroner on Tuesday.

spacer.png

Terry Hall, the frontman of socially conscious ska band The Specials, has died at the age of 63 on Sunday.

Known for his dour image and sharp wit, the singer found fame in the 1970s and 80s with hits like Ghost Town, Gangsters and Too Much Too Young.

He left The Specials in 1981 to form Fun Boy Three with fellow-bandmates Neville Staple and Lynval Golding, scoring another run of hits.

After Fun Boy Three, Hall formed numerous other bands, including The Colourfield; Terry, Blair, and Anouchka; and Vegas, a collaboration with Eurythmics star Dave Stewart.

https://www.facebook.com/horacepantermusic/posts/pfbid02xNcQ99sSzSHxchRjxgVKKX7GLjjRVDemfw6CV2ubPbeF6uy47FEjNG8L9Z6gxrLLl

Edited by steppenwolf

7 hours ago, drektster said:

https://zh-yue.wikipedia.org/wiki/顧嘉煇

he compose a lot of music. if one ever watched any chinese drama or movies, you would surely heard his works. even a lot of korean and japanese heard his works. he and james are truly a master of an era.

從此滄海難尋一聲笑。

I remember hearing Liza Wang said Joseph Koo composed songs for her taking into account the timbre of her voice and her voice range.

I grew up listening to many of Joseph Koo's songs.

RIP, Joseph Koo.

Despite being so wealthy and young, he died too soon.  Money cannot make life.  Guys, please take care of your health by staying strong and watchful of lifestyle.  Don't always think of money.

12 minutes ago, Guest Benedick said:

Sad, isn't it? He's one of the most inspirational Singaporeans whom I can remember. He really put Singapore on the world map with his technological developments. It's a pity that the Singapore government did not think much of such Singaporeans' accomplishments and chose to focus on developing the foreigners instead.

Contrary to the common sense thing of putting more effort and time on what some of the local citizens had done or can do, they go around extolling the benefits of foreigners for the country's "long term growth". This is almost akin to the pre-Opium War era in China, when foreigners got the Chinese to get more and more addicted to opium. By the time the Chinese government realize the severity of the social and economic disruption and took action, the damage was already irreversible with some corrupted Chinese officials even working with the foreigners and even pushing for the trade to become legalized. The rest, including the surrender of Hong Kong, is well-known history. 

I think Sim Wong Hoo is really the most understated Singaporean in the entire country. He will be remembered forever, at least by me.   

He was a one hit wonder running a company with moderate sales revenue and no big profit to shout about. Listed on both SGX and Nasdaq (and later delisted), share prices hit peak of $64 slide to just above $1+ is telling how innovative and profitable the company is. 

Those who had tested and feel the Creative products and compared it with Brand "A", you will know immediately which to buy. Just my personal opinion in the world of gadget. 

1 hour ago, Guest America not great said:

America stole his technology and developed their own to compete with him. 

Well, he was very stubborn and set in his own ways. So, even his own staff couldn't help Creative get out of the rut, because he always overruled them.

Слава Україні!

Guest Society
9 minutes ago, sgmaven said:

Well, he was very stubborn and set in his own ways. So, even his own staff couldn't help Creative get out of the rut, because he always overruled them.

Like most successful boss, it is not easy to get along with them.  Their set standard is pretty high on staff, though the pay is good.  Some people like that kind of stressful life in workplace, others prefer to earn less and go easy with themselves.

6 minutes ago, Guest Society said:

Like most successful boss, it is not easy to get along with them.  Their set standard is pretty high on staff, though the pay is good.  Some people like that kind of stressful life in workplace, others prefer to earn less and go easy with themselves.

I am not talking about just being a difficult boss to get along with, but someone who stubbornly sticks to the old way of thinking/doing things, when it clearly is no longer working...

Слава Україні!

11 hours ago, sgmaven said:

I am not talking about just being a difficult boss to get along with, but someone who stubbornly sticks to the old way of thinking/doing things, when it clearly is no longer working...

And at the end of the day, still die. So why have to be difficult in life and with other people.

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

And at the end of the day, still die. So why have to be difficult in life and with other people.

Exactly! Then again, I have seen too many of these bosses let their EGO get in the way of better business decisions.

Слава Україні!

Guest Okeechobeer

2022 and 2023 , will be a bumper crop year of passing and dying of Entertainment world luminaries..... so many of the top talents of the 70s , 80s are moving into the age of mere morbidity. 

Can expect more  names like

Coming  2023 can expect  

Robert dee  Neero , 

Juleee Andrewwws , 

Helene  Mirrennnn , 

MAGGIEE  SMITHE...(HARRY POTTER)

ROBERT  WARGNER....

ROSSEANNE  ARNOLDD  ...

LILLY  TOMLIN ....

LIZA  MINELLIII....

Barree  Gibbby....

ANNA WINTOURE   .......

Richard  Geere.....

Tinaa  Turnerr.....

Morgane  Freemane.......

Jimm  Carrey.......

ARNIE  Schwarze

Sylvester   Stall     one  .............

All very ripe  ......and  aged... .

Guest Rakutennoiu

82022 and 2023 , will be a bumper crop year of passing and dying of Entertainment world luminaries..... so many of the top talents of the 70s , 80s are moving into the age of mere morbidity. 

Can expect more  names like

Coming 2023

Expectant

Shannen Doherti     BH  90210

Fourth stage  cancer.

JANE  FONDUE.......

BARRIE  MANILOE......

PHIL  KOLLINS. .  .  .

PATRICKE   STEWART

BETTE MIDLERIE

On 1/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, sgmaven said:

On 1/5/2023 at 9:05 PM, sgmaven said:

So you want everyone to just run the company? Have you ever thought what may happen if he allows every single one of the Indian Chiefs there to run the show? Even Steve Jobs was a notoriously stubborn individual with strong ideas about what to do with Apple's products. 

You do not know him at all. If you have nothing good to say of the deceased, learn to shuddup. 

8:18 min : 11pm still at work without dinner

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.