Male HQ

Where Do We Gym n Work Out now ?

sportsguy

One by one the gym options are closed or limited in some way. Even my own condition gym is closed! Where are the gyms that are still open and what can we inventively  do to recreate a good gym workout? Which outdoor jungle gym has the best equipment in open spaces? Do share....n maybe we can all continue our fitness regime n stay safe at the same time!!

You have got ONE life to live - work hard play hard and love life! :)

1 minute ago, sportsguy said:

One by one the gym options are closed or limited in some way. Even my own condition gym is closed! Where are the gyms that are still open and what can we inventively  do to recreate a good gym workout? Which outdoor jungle gym has the best equipment in open spaces? Do share....n maybe we can all continue our fitness regime n stay safe at the same time!!

Swimming complex and Parks and reservoirs ...

1 hour ago, sportsguy said:

Macritche is one.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Work out at home. Use your imagination to find good ways to exercise your muscles. Some dumbbells will help.  For example:

Legs:  

Luges are one of the easiest exercises to do at home.  Step forwards very wide, then go down slowly until one knee touches the floor, and come back up slowly.  Do 10 times, and repeat with the other leg.  If possible, increase your weight by holding dumbbells or other improvised weights in your hands.  Stay straight looking forwards all the time.  If you have the space, you can do "walking lunges".

Squats with dumbbells in your hands. Put something under your heels if necessary

Stiffed-leg deadlifts also with dumbbells. Keep the spine from bending, by trying to look forwards. 

Calf rises:  put a thick object on the floor and step on it with one foot. Slowly rise and lower yourself using your calf,  ten reps with each foot. Hold onto a door frame or wall. 

Upper body:

Push-ups of course. 

Dips if you have two elevated objects like tables or the back of chairs.  You can keep your feet touching ground for safety, and to regulate how much weight is on the arms.

An adjustable bench and heavy dumbbells, if you have.

All the bicep and tricep exercises and a large variety of other ones done with dumbbells.

And there are plenty of exercises one can do with a good set of rubber bands. 

Enjoy  :) 

2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Solved! From home

this shd be in the health and fitness thread

In these difficult times you have no other thoughts than criticizing others because you think that the thread belongs somewhere else?

Who made you a moderator here??

This is something the moderator can decide to do,  not you,  after the thread has been in the main forum for a while so that people can become aware of it.

If it had been posted directly in the health and fitness area, very few might have seen it because we don't often look there.

And... why are the videos you post being TRUNCATED in your post?

Have you investigated this?  Do you care what we can see or not see?

Edited by Steve5380

• 2 months later...

In our area, all the gyms are still closed and I don't know what to do. I'm lazy and can't workout at home. I wonder if there is someone here who needs a gym as much as I do? Yesterday I read the news that there were new cases of COVID infection in China and this is not good for all of us. Because there may be a new wave of the virus that will leave us closed in our homes for a long time without the right to a normal life.  To distract from my sad thoughts, I want to tell you about when my gym will open, I would like to take a course of steroids for rapid muscle growth and physical performance. But here https://steroidcycle.org/post-cycle-therapy/ I've read about the side effects and that after a course of steroids, you will need therapy to restore your health. If someone has personal experience of taking steroids, please share your feedback.

Edited by LessiePMcCord

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 4:10 PM, sportsguy said:

You can still get great workouts without gyms, and it doesn't necessarily have to be just bodyweight exercises :) Not many may be aware or open to this idea - but you can do lifting exercises with stones outside (with the right knowledge). Exercises can be very scale-able. This is something in the realm of "Methode Naturelle" methodologies. Anyone keen to know more, feel free to WhatsApp me @ 98450655 and I can share with you some ideas, videos, etc.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.