Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

@shyc: Writing in to feedback on ActiveSG does not bring any improvement most of the time. The person who reply to the feedback cut and past from some templates, which is not addressing the issue 99% of the time. Only like to receive compliments but not constructive feedback. 

The ‘new’ digital locker is utmost lousy, user unfriendly to the max, costly, and lousy design. I have stopped using them for a long time. Just bring the essentials to the pool. 

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

@shyc: Writing in to feedback on ActiveSG does not bring any improvement most of the time. The person who reply to the feedback cut and past from some templates, which is not addressing the issue 99% of the time. Only like to receive compliments but not constructive feedback. 

The ‘new’ digital locker is utmost lousy, user unfriendly to the max, costly, and lousy design. I have stopped using them for a long time. Just bring the essentials to the pool. 

imagine some data centre server crash like sat incident & the lockers cannot be opened. then people will be stuck in their wet trunks, hope they have proper contingency plan. but i will avoid using these type of lockers as much as possible

1 hour ago, eminent82 said:

imagine some data centre server crash like sat incident & the lockers cannot be opened. then people will be stuck in their wet trunks, hope they have proper contingency plan. but i will avoid using these type of lockers as much as possible

The person in the office has a key that can open up ALL the lockers.  Fret not. Hahah

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 4:10 PM, shyc said:

@bluerunner there were 2 young male FT cleaners initially but don’t see them any more. Haven’t seen the 2 ladies clean the male toilet with my own eyes so not really sure who does the cleaning now but it is obviously not frequent like initially when the 2 male FT cleaners were around. Must give credit to one of them, (quite cute imho 🤭) whom I personally had approached to borrow tongs to remove the trashes in the only one available cubicle that day. He even took the trouble to come with a trash bag. Thereafter also seen him on few occasion when I arrived cleaning out trashes from cubicles. 

I think the shelter from the blazing hot sun these days is great for those who not doing laps. Plus it’s only 50m, makes it also easier for them to just laze around rather than the deeper competitive pool.

@poxster think most likely will get standard politically corrected reply from them. I wrote sometime back asking about their free ActiveSG wifi. And their reply was ‘Thx, WIP’. What I don’t understand is why WIP? When users had to log in to app right at the entrance and for usage of lockers. FYI been half year since it reopened. ActiveSG wifi still not enabled. As a frequent user and having personally encountered the frustration felt by the more senior users, I had wanted to feedback more but the kind of rely I get definitely doesn’t motive me to do so. Had initially been helping to explained to user how to use the digital lockers and many seniors find it to complicate to carry on. Lamenting that the multiple steps, they will just no longer use lockers. Initially the locker doesn’t allow other mode of payment except using ActiveSG app. The app itself have 2 mode, Cash credit and ActiveSG credit. Lockers only uses Cash credit which most senior doesn’t have in their app. Now with PayNow option available it still hassle for many of them who don’t use such services.

Thanks much for their enabling and inclusive ways. It like tell us either keep up with times or too bad. 

One of the malay lady came in before while I was showering nude, i heard some chattering outside with female voices, but did not hear clearly cause i was showering. Since that day was off-peak hour with no swimmer, I stripped off totally nude at the bench and went into the shower. When I walked out full frontal nude to take my stuff, I felt like the environment was weird and looked to my side and saw a lady in the male shower.

Was quite shocked, she looked at me for awhile but didn't say anything and my heart skipped a beat. She just went on her normal activity clearing the trash around the toilet, so I didn't bothered ''running away'' or ''covering'' myself and just acted normal like i don't care and went around being naked around her

I think they come in quite often if i'm not wrong. Anyone encountered the lady coming in? Or i was just unlucky / lucky 😅

10 hours ago, adrewlet said:

One of the malay lady came in before while I was showering nude, i heard some chattering outside with female voices, but did not hear clearly cause i was showering. Since that day was off-peak hour with no swimmer, I stripped off totally nude at the bench and went into the shower. When I walked out full frontal nude to take my stuff, I felt like the environment was weird and looked to my side and saw a lady in the male shower.

Was quite shocked, she looked at me for awhile but didn't say anything and my heart skipped a beat. She just went on her normal activity clearing the trash around the toilet, so I didn't bothered ''running away'' or ''covering'' myself and just acted normal like i don't care and went around being naked around her

I think they come in quite often if i'm not wrong. Anyone encountered the lady coming in? Or i was just unlucky / lucky 😅

just treat them as your nannies 

@adrewlet oh dear. Truly sorry you had to go thru that. Hope it didn't traumatized you to avoid that pool from than on. 

Personally encountered twice as I arrived, about to go in and she just step out. Think the shower area were empty than that why I didn't go and make a complaint. 

In any case, since my last postings, not sure if coincidentally or not. They had rectified the issues I had wrote about. The free wifi is up and running. And I notice twice one of the male cleaner is back. Not really sure how the arrangement of cleaners. Whether they only clean the pool area or they are in charge of the whole complex like the badminton hall and gym area. But stationing 2 females at the same spot seems wrong. I remembered before the revamp. They had one male and one female on shifts. And I think they had 2 pairs, one day and one evening. 

Seeing so many people here being so muscular/lean makes me paiseh when I go swim.

I m skinny but got belly fat and slight love handle with backacne too. Really lowers my self esteem haha.

I wonder do people only cruise at their ideal type or they are quite flexible? (not exaggerated kind of your un-ideal type)

Edited by Greenie
3 hours ago, Greenie said:

Seeing so many people here being so muscular/lean makes me paiseh when I go swim.

I m skinny but got belly fat and slight manhandle with backacne too. Really lowers my self esteem haha.

I wonder do people only cruise at their ideal type or they are quite flexible? (not exaggerated kind of your un-ideal type)

I tell you, majority of the pool users are just average at best. 
Muscle hunks and Greek gods’ bodies are hibernating themselves in the gyms. 

22 hours ago, bluerunner said:

I tell you, majority of the pool users are just average at best. 
Muscle hunks and Greek gods’ bodies are hibernating themselves in the gyms. 

imho even if they (the superfit) are in the pool, they are the least likely to strip and show openly. of course if you happen to be their type than that a different story.

anyway was leaving the pool early in the week just as the sky was turning dark. as encountered on few occasions, see member loitering outside the entry gate pondering if they should go in or not due to the impending rain. most time staff at the gantry cannot tell if they will be pausing the swimming due to thunders until they get the infos (which i still not sure where they checking from). was rushing to prevent getting stuck in the coming rain but kind of overheard a conversation between a staff and a public. seems like even if they pause swimming due to thunders, the sheltered pool may be open. need to double check this info the next time i m there.

On 11/5/2023 at 3:49 PM, 96miniboy said:

It seems that some swimming pools have already permanently closed, and some are undergoing renovations. It's a pity, but hopefully, the new pools will be better.

yes , drove past Queenstown Swimming Complex today😭😢

17 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

yes , drove past Queenstown Swimming Complex today😭😢

😂 they announce closure for rejuvenation a month before they reopened Delta. If I didn’t remember wrong it will take few years. 😔 Most of the regulars moved to Delta too. 

3 hours ago, shyc said:

😂 they announce closure for rejuvenation a month before they reopened Delta. If I didn’t remember wrong it will take few years. 😔 Most of the regulars moved to Delta too. 

The most disruptive pool reno is TPY. Several pools in the east have to close half of the competition pool weekday daytime and the whole pool in the evening to cater for ‘water sports activities’ from former TPY pool. On weekend, half of the competition pool will be closed too. 
Can’t imagine we have to live with such ‘new normal’ until the new TPY pool is ready. Gosh. 👎💩

4 hours ago, bluerunner said:

The most disruptive pool reno is TPY. Several pools in the east have to close half of the competition pool weekday daytime and the whole pool in the evening to cater for ‘water sports activities’ from former TPY pool. On weekend, half of the competition pool will be closed too. 
Can’t imagine we have to live with such ‘new normal’ until the new TPY pool is ready. Gosh. 👎💩

Oh didn't know that, lucky don't swim evenings now. Saw some practices closure notices for Delta too but doesn't affect daytime. Infact since opening till now haven't bump into the students practice too. But better don't big mouth now 😜😂. Before QT closure, I did encountered the sch students swim lessons in daytime.

Actually years ago many pools already had such activities. Queenstown closed half the competitive pools lanes for Fin swimmers, divers and survival courses on different nights. Not sure if the survival and divers were formerly from the River valley pool. Cause I also remembered they closed half RV competitive pool lanes for divers and survival practices. Really missed that pool. Half end was over 2m deep. Plus the survival practices were quite fun to watch. Man-handling each other in the water 😂 😋. Worst closures are Delta before the revamp. They shorten the length instead of closing off lanes. Closed the whole wide and about 2-3m of the length for aqua aerobics. Making it difficult to turn when doing laps as no wall to kick off but the divider rope marker. Also can't get too near them as some of the aqua aerobics folks might loose their balance and get too near the divider rope marker. So totally understand your frustrations about all this sharing spaces. Not everyone are considerate users. 😂. Encounter a diagonal swimmer before. No matter how u avoid him, bound to hit him cause he will swim off lane and move in a diagonal length 😂

Several pools at the east side have more than half (almost 2/3) of the big pool taken up even though the notice at the entrance mentioned half of the pool will be closed for water polo or other kinds of water activities.

As such, users of the remaining of the pool can only swim breath wise. No lane ropes. Thus, expect some people swimming diagonally or zigzag. 😒

Teaching pool is either filled with kids from kids swimming lesson or other adult pool users who could not find a spot in the big pool. Sometimes, you have to 'elbow fight' with those screaming kids in the teaching pool. Not a pleasant experience, I must say.

No choice. Looks like this shall be the new normal of 'swimmers' in the east for the next few years (horror!!!! 🙁) until the TPY pool and the rest of the pools temporary closed are back in action.

Embracing myself to the new normal. This is worse than during the Covid19 restriction period. 💩

31 minutes ago, firefight said:

was at katong

just now i saw a black speedos guy who is very good looking, fit and tall. his deek the girth.... but best of all he can swim many strokes  

others not very memorable... saw CHW driving off when i reached the pool tho 

Ehh… I was there too. Probably earlier than you. All lanes has someone there. The center lane has 2 swimmers. 
Someone drove a white Porsche. 

On 9/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, davlim76 said:

2 hours of swimming, I assume non- stop, is really something! The max I've ever done is 40+ laps (ie 20+ in your definition) and that took me like 1 hr 10 mins. Yes it helps by slowing increasing. I used to do only 20 laps then increased it to 24 then 30. 

Oh. I'm about the same speed but I only do 10 breast and 10 freestyle (1=to and fro).

Cos my right shoulder will start to ache when I reach 8th lap when swimming freestyle.