Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

25 minutes ago, boyboy24 said:

Agree:) hhaha recently weather is good for a nice swim. And hopefully a nice fun after swim!!) haha

Agree. Sunny day with cool water = shiokness. 
I am not too sure about nice fun after swim. After swim, need to rush to shower before you get ‘chased out’ so that the next swim slot people start coming in.  

14 minutes ago, Geo said:

Yeah managed to book 7:30 for both sun and next mon. @bluerunnerand whoever reading this now, still have few timeslot available for Monday.

Sometimes I get very confused about this swim slot. For example, today I got a slot at a certain pool. Just before I went in, I checked the booking of that pool, it’s full. 
Thus, I would expect all 8 lanes in the big will have 2 swimmers per lane while at the teaching pool, there will be 1 swimmers per lane. 
However, I later noticed that the big pool only have 1 swimmers per lane and the teaching pool has empty lanes. 
So..... does that mean ppl booked a slot but did not turn up? That’s quite a bit of ppl not turning up! 

It is a hot day today. 
Managed to go for a swim during lunch hour and just 10laps into my swim, the lifeguard came over and got everyone out of the water. 
Apparently, there was a lightning and it has activated the Lightning advisory. 
Everyone’s reaction was, ‘WHAT?!?’ The sun was very bright and it was scorching hot. 
No choice, we got to get out of water. 
For the next 30min or so, we will not be able to get back into water. So, everyone left for shower and left the pool after that. 
What a misadventure. 

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

It is a hot day today. 
Managed to go for a swim during lunch hour and just 10laps into my swim, the lifeguard came over and got everyone out of the water. 
Everyone’s reaction was, ‘WHAT?!?’ The sun was very bright and it was scorching hot. 
For the next 30min or so, we will not be able to get back into water. So, everyone left for shower and left the pool after that. 
What a misadventure. 

Thx for sharing. I would stay in the Pool & ask the LifeGuard to show me the Meteorological Reading on his App that says: "Got Lightning"...

lol, dear LifeGuard... u got to be kidding me...

On 7/30/2021 at 2:45 PM, Geo said:

Thought so too, hope they know they can be penalised if didnt turn up 3 times within a month. Just hope unless due to bad weather or fall sick, else those gym goers booked the slots when they really want to swim. Else better dont 凑热闹 😏

i am one of the guilty ones u are talking about, i booked 2pm at the Queenstown Pool for 2 days & fell sick but they said: No Refunds 

:(

41 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

i am one of the guilty ones u are talking about, i booked 2pm at the Queenstown Pool for 2 days & fell sick but they said: No Refunds 

Lol your case are different ah. Hope you are recovering soon there 🙏😄

1 hour ago, 30yochinese said:

Speedy recovery. 
No refund is ok. 3x no show means you will be barred from making booking for 2weeks! 
Somif you are late, also go and take shower there. Go get your attendance taken. 

5 hours ago, bluerunner said:

It is a hot day today. 
What a misadventure. 

Which pool were you at?

On 7/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, bluerunner said:

Sometimes I get very confused about this swim slot. For example, today I got a slot at a certain pool. Just before I went in, I checked the booking of that pool, it’s full. 
Thus, I would expect all 8 lanes in the big will have 2 swimmers per lane while at the teaching pool, there will be 1 swimmers per lane. 
However, I later noticed that the big pool only have 1 swimmers per lane and the teaching pool has empty lanes. 
So..... does that mean ppl booked a slot but did not turn up? That’s quite a bit of ppl not turning up! 

Yah lor.  Cannot understand wan. Booked and don't turn up en-masse? There was once I booked Kallang Basin... only 1 or 2 slots left. I thought gonna be crowded. Go there... the pool so empty and nice to swim. Shower area also so empty. Don't understand leh.

Just now at Kallang basin, there were only 4 ppl in the big pool. Saw a few gals and guys at the teaching pool as I was heading to shower after my swim. 
I kinda checked the swim slot availability before I entered the pool; 17 slots available. One of the rare days where you see so many slot available. Usually, there will be no slot left. 
Toilet was quite busy though. 🤐 

On 8/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, bluerunner said:

Just now at Kallang basin, there were only 4 ppl in the big pool. Saw a few gals and guys at the teaching pool as I was heading to shower after my swim. 
I kinda checked the swim slot availability before I entered the pool; 17 slots available. One of the rare days where you see so many slot available. Usually, there will be no slot left. 
Toilet was quite busy though. 🤐 

1pm slot? 🤭

aiyoh, with the announcement of the relaxed measures, probably they will increase the capacity after Aug 10 & it will be back to 5 swimmers per lane😱, time to fight for your favourite lane haha. Its also going to a tough fight at the gyms with up to 30 pax only sigh

36 minutes ago, eminent82 said:

aiyoh, with the announcement of the relaxed measures, probably they will increase the capacity after Aug 10 & it will be back to 5 swimmers per lane😱, time to fight for your favourite lane haha. Its also going to a tough fight at the gyms with up to 30 pax only sigh

Indeed. With tighten control, we have difficulty in getting swim slot but we have a good swim with 2 swimmers (max) per lane. 
With relaxed measure, we can get a swim slot easier but we are faced with the challenge of securing a less crowded lane (more of avoiding self-entitled swimmer) to have a good swim. 
Honesly, I prefer the the arrangement with tighten control. 

On 8/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, desmiit said:

Do we need to be fully vaccinated to use the pool?

i have this question too. i am done with both jabs, but still waiting for it to take effect.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:45 AM, l4dcivious said:

Yeah you can go to the pool regardless of your vaccination status. Masks are still required to be worn unless you’re in the pool.

thanks for clarifying. else might end up paying for a slot that I cannot enter. hahaha

On 8/12/2021 at 9:11 AM, G_ZK said:

thanks for clarifying. else might end up paying for a slot that I cannot enter. hahaha

I’m glad I could assist. Feel free to leave me a message if you need any help. Btw, it would take a few days for your vaccination status to be updated on your HealthHub app. Give it at least 2 weeks in order for the status to be refreshed. Stay safe! ☺️

On 8/12/2021 at 10:52 AM, l4dcivious said:

I’m glad I could assist. Feel free to leave me a message if you need any help. Btw, it would take a few days for your vaccination status to be updated on your HealthHub app. Give it at least 2 weeks in order for the status to be refreshed. Stay safe! ☺️

FYI my 2nd Vaccination was on 31st July. in the App, I will get the:

Fully Vaccinated Status on 14-8-2021.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:50 AM, lean n mean said:

I just learnt from my neighbour i can walk in at clementi pool at 3,4 and 5 pm slots daily. Just show ID and do tracetogether. Are the other pools the same?

I tried asking this question yesterday at another pool, but the staff was busy, & nobody was inside the entrance booth( so I didn’t need to scan to exit... just walk out...hehe).