Male HQ

GE2020

d15cr33t

As much as I appreciate you sharing your views,

I can't help but be intrigued by no mentioning of inspiration or aspiration aroused by global events.

As well as personal experiences leading to you to vote how you voted.  

Just now, jlone said:

Isn't  this consider as deceiving? Becos he already sent letter to withdraw  from joining n furthermore pinky also accepted with all these letters published in the media.

If I'm not wrong, I think they'll continue to let him serve in the GRC (not as elected MP but as helper or something), so that the citizens can see that he has "changed" and is no longer the same Ivan Lim 5 years later in 2025.

Some Netizens who have rejected him this time round have also said that they're willing to observe and reconsider him 5 years later.

22 minutes ago, jsaw88 said:

Hope the teams at the 3 current Opposition wards, as well as those who were so near to winning (Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, CCK, Marymount, Marine Parade, East and West Coasts) will continue to work hard for their residents over the next 5 years and make their presence felt, so that in 2025, they won't be unfamiliar faces anymore, but will be fully convinced of their abilities to work just as well as, if not better than, the whities.

I am puzzled about NCMP seats.

Can someone kindly enlight or tell me, why aren't they (Paul, CSJ and AngYG) able to get NCMP seat? 

I only knew 2 NCMP seats for West Coast PSP Members.
Shouldn't East Coast WP awarded with 2 NCMP seats as well?

There should be more than 10 NCMP seats. Till now, Government has been very quiet about NCMP seat assigning. 

Edited by CirqueduSoleil

1 hour ago, CirqueduSoleil said:

I am puzzled about NCMP seats.

Can someone kindly enlight or tell me, why aren't they (Paul, CSJ and AngYG) able to get NCMP seat? 

I only knew 2 NCMP seats for West Coast PSP Members.
Shouldn't East Coast WP awarded with 2 NCMP seats as well?

There should be more than 10 NCMP seats. Till now, Government has been very quiet about NCMP seat assigning. 

If there ll be no ncmp if there are 12 or more oppo MPs. 

Hence there will only 2 ncmp this erection. 

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

West Coast was a very close fight and I am extremely disappointed with the 1645 Rejected Votes and 6190 who did not vote. A total of 7835 votes wasted! 😬

PAP won 71,545 votes.
PSP won 66,871 votes.
Difference in the number of votes is 4674.

If those 6190 votes in West Coast had been translated into votes, we might have another GRC of MPs with opposition party to serve Singaporeans with a different voice for a good cause! Where have the 6190 West Coast voters gone to? Why did they give up their rights? Are they not concern for Singapore and the People (including themselves)? 

I am utterly disappointed over the 6190 voters of West Coast who did not take ownership and responsibility. 😬 

If we choose not to account for our only vote, we cannot expect our Government to be accountable, transparent and compassionate to us, the People. 

We contribute to the Government and especially ourselves by casting our votes wisely and create the future for our future and the next generation. When can Singaporeans mature? Sigh.

When there is no opposition party, we complained. When there is a strong PSP party, we turned a blind eye and walked away instead of giving these candidates a vote, or at least an encouragement vote. What is this?!?!? Do we not even have the guts to cast the vote for ourselves? How do we earn our respect in life? I am extremely disappointed.

I wish Dr Tan Cheng Bock and all good health and many good years. I hope that PSP will be back again in the next election. Most importantly, West Coast Residents must wake up for Singapore and the People. We must help ourselves in order to be helped.

Let us do it better at the next election for a good cause, and not simply looking at the infrastructure developments to cast our votes, as there is always more to look in detail for our Country and the People out of Wisdom and Compassion. 🇸🇬💪🙏

1 hour ago, CirqueduSoleil said:

There are 10 (WP) Opposition seats now.

So, 2 NCMP for PSP right?

Yes.

The one with highest percentage of votes.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

54 minutes ago, fab said:

Yes.

The one with highest percentage of votes.

"Dr Tan had earlier said during the campaign period that he would decline an NCMP seat if he was offered one"

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/ge2020-two-psp-candidates-from-west-coast-grc-team-to-be-offered-ncmp-seats-as-best-losers

He's already 80 ... let him rest ... I wonder who will take up the NCMP seats ...

Edited by StockBottom

1 hour ago, jlone said:

West Coast was a very close fight and I am extremely disappointed with the 1645 Rejected Votes and 6190 who did not vote. A total of 7835 votes wasted! 😬

PAP won 71,545 votes.
PSP won 66,871 votes.

If those 6190 votes in West Coast had been translated into votes, we might have another GRC of MPs with opposition party to serve Singaporeans with a different voice for a good cause! Where have the 6190 West Coast voters gone to? Why did they give up their rights? Are they not concern for Singapore and the People (including themselves)? 

I am utterly disappointed over the 6190 voters of West Coast who did not take ownership and responsibility. 😬 

If we choose not to account for our only vote, we cannot expect our Government to be accountable, transparent and compassionate to us, the People. 

We contribute to the Government and especially ourselves by casting our votes wisely and create the future for our future and the next generation. When can Singaporeans mature? Sigh.

When there is no opposition party, we complained. When there is a strong PSP party, we turned a blind eye and walked away instead of giving these candidates a vote, or at least an encouragement vote. What is this?!?!? Do we not even have the guts to cast the vote for ourselves? How do we earn our respect in life? I am extremely disappointed.

I wish Dr Tan Cheng Bock and all good health and many good years. I hope that PSP will be back again in the next election. Most importantly, West Coast Residents must wake up for Singapore and the People. We must help ourselves in order to be helped.

Let us do it better at the next election for a good cause, and not simply looking at the infrastructure developments to cast our votes, as there is always more to look in detail for our Country and the People out of Wisdom and Compassion. 🇸🇬💪🙏

I understand that some cant vote because they are on SHN or QO. One of my client said she was advised not to vote as she was on MC for 5 days. Dont take my word for that. 

3 hours ago, jsaw88 said:

Now that the results are finalised, we can only look forward to 2025 for a more radical change.

Hope the teams at the 3 current Opposition wards, as well as those who were so near to winning (Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, CCK, Marymount, Marine Parade, East and West Coasts) will continue to work hard for their residents over the next 5 years and make their presence felt, so that in 2025, they won't be unfamiliar faces anymore, but will be fully convinced of their abilities to work just as well as, if not better than, the whities.

Easier said as done. My area changed constituency 3 times in 4 election.

For West Coast u probably won't have a prominent figure like Tan Cheng Bock next election.

Don't forget the Covid-19 situation, people fed up. If sunshine election , say 5% GDP growth, unemploy below 1%, all back to normal.

The only thing I foresee, the younger white guys can 't resonate with people so good.  If opposition got more cockles warm my heart guy, then maybe people other view.

New Gov will switch position J Teo become NTUC president, Laurence W minister for social. all like carroussel, turn turn, same music ...

3 hours ago, jlone said:

PAP won 71,545 votes.
PSP won 66,871 votes.

Get over it. This all if's why's, don'ts.

Some election decided on 100 votes. what to do.

Singaporean from young are pushed to think selfish and not for society or other. 

What if WP had run Low Thia K, Chen Show M and Png Eng H in East Coast and/or Marine Parade? Wasted the renomee.  What if? but they didn't...

Can think of so many if and ifs...

Edited by mlyfunp
type wrong

14 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Wow! I need analyst like u! I kept telling them that tan cb must not decline all opport this round because after today, it will not be the same liao

jteo become pres for real??

lawrence was prev for ministry of arts, soc....

not president of Singapore, exact post  is Secretary-General of NTUC.

Ng Meng lost MP. The Minister got critic the gov put into NTUC  sec gen position... or Mayor of South East. lol

2 minutes ago, mlyfunp said:

not president of Singapore, exact post  is Secretary-General of NTUC.

Ng Meng lost MP. The Minister got critic the gov put into NTUC  sec gen position... or Mayor of South East. lol

Will take care of kakilang.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

12 minutes ago, mlyfunp said:

Get over it. This all if's why's, don'ts.

Some election decided on 100 votes. what to do.

Singaporean from young are pushed to think selfish and not for society or other. 

What if WP had run Low Thia K, Chen Show M and Png Eng H in East Coast and/or Marine Parade? Wasted the renomee.  What if? but they didn't...

Can think of so many if and ifs...

I was disappointed WP didn’t field someone more prominent at MP, might have made a difference. 

6 hours ago, mith said:

faintz, BB residents voted out of fear????

too many silly aunties in BB 's market, hope ah mu continue to laze around,  people need to be punished .

Though East and West Coast won over but very malu leh, future PM just scrap through with 53% in East coast ,  even with 2 ministers in West coast , 27% drop of votes, from 78% to 51%.

Looks like both coast will be having big projects coming up ya and by next election, if TCB not contesting West coast and with future PM in East Cost, it will be tough for opposition to crack the nuts. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

25 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

too many silly aunties in BB 's market, hope ah mu continue to laze around,  people need to be punished .

East and West Coast will be having big projects coming up ya and by next election, if TCB not contesting West coast and with future PM in East Cost, it will be tough for opposition to crack the nuts. 

Big projects so what? Are the sinkies going to face higher cost of living?

Will there be transparency? Are they going to take back more than what has been given out during this pandemic?

Is the withdrawal age of CPF going to increase ? The HDB flats will cost more.

Will they admit mistakes n apologise in future?

Pls dun think so highly of them.

The oppositions will be all out in the next election too.

I always look from the positive side of the oppositions.

That's how I have confidence in the WP all along n now they won 10 seats. 

Edited by jlone

On a positive note, East and west coast MPs will work very hard to please the residents. 

Hopefully.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Erm in the very first place, i have never find tharman tat fantastic to begin with! Hr leading in the job creation proj, that good? Sorry, i doubt so....

serve the 70% voters right! They deserve it! Even though red dot is too lousy to compete

i throw my vote to a lousy opp candidate just to tell pap they dont deserve a strong mandate

but many mbrs said they rather void it

U guys never read the small print or listen the in between syllables. Tharman never says 100,000 jobs, never say by when exactly. Word is job opportunity. Opportunity is just chance, nothing more. All gov media always jumping to the numbers 100000. 
100,000 new jobs... 

U read careful, the Heng package only meant for 40,000 job, rest is trainee position and skill training.

From the 40,000 job 25,000 come from public sector. 

My maths make 15,000 new job in private sector. 

Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat on Tuesday (May 26).

He told Parliament in his speech on the fourth budget this year that the support, dubbed the SGUnited Jobs and Skills Package, would include 40,000 jobs, 25,000 traineeships and 30,000 skills training opportunities.

JOBS

Under the package, said Mr Heng, the public sector will create 15,000 new jobs, including both long-term ones in areas such as early childhood education and healthcare, as well as short-term ones related to Covid-19, such as healthcare declaration assistants and swabbers.

Don’t u like the auntie hearing about the scratch ticket win of 7 million in total when 1st prize only 40,000!!!

nice to have 25,000 safe distance ambassadors and covid test swabbers for 1 year on gov payroll.

U all fall trap on the white shirt propaganda like the market auntie falling trap on the scratch ticket seller. 

This why at West coast, East Coast and Marine Parade got 5% voter less for opposition. because never read the final 1st prize value, dun forget what the abbreviation for the white shirt Party stand for. U all forgot??? Lost your taste buds???

No point talking now. Many idiots think voting oppo parties can go hunger n die. Actually getting a job is not difficult.  The path or the roads to work is difficult. Y? Heavy traffic n crowded public transport.  Y? Too many foreigners.  Too late to talk oredi. Suck it up. 

Edited by cutejack

3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Though East and West Coast won over but very malu leh, future PM just scrap through with 53% in East coast ,  even with 2 ministers in West coast , 27% drop of votes, from 78% to 51%.

Looks like both coast will be having big projects coming up ya and by next election, if TCB not contesting West coast and with future PM in East Cost, it will be tough for opposition to crack the nuts. 

1 hour ago, fab said:

On a positive note, East and west coast MPs will work very hard to please the residents. 

Hopefully.

Big project coming up?

More covered walkway built by Bangladesh workers , gym equipment built at park connector by Indian workers (but closed 1 year because not safe, then demolished afterward built again), free bum boat ride to Pasir Ris, one free BBQ booking per month at West/East coast park, changing lightning at Park connector and road but then closed for 1 year for ABC upgrading (= always busy construction). Lifts built at overhead bridges. 
First lift upgrading then Smart tv screen next to lift, forgot who built this,...

The money for this project come from where? From the salary of ministers/MP? Where come from, money for these projects??? Please ask yourself,...

Edited by mlyfunp

If you guys read carefully, they always said 100k jobs opportunity and training programs. Maybe 99.9% is training programs and only 0.1% is job.

White monkeys are smart in playing with words. During this time, where to find 100k jobs??  100k job lost maybe.

1 hour ago, fab said:

Hopefully.

Definitely, if by next election HSK stand in as PM,  it will be a real test because so far all the 3 PM got very strong support in their constituency,  something like 70% and above, that is the benchmark. 

【新的开始】工人党团队爆冷夺下盛港四个席位,让许多人兴奋尖叫,也让该团队的四名候选人激动不已。林志蔚被派作代表为获胜的工人党团队说几句话。红蚂蚁帮大家贴上中文字幕,一定要看到最后,就能听到林志蔚讲福建话。
视频剪辑:黎晓昕

Haha

GAM SIA is the opposite of  SIA SUAY by cotton comes fr sheep.

Edited by jlone

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Which is why i was surprised many felt tharman is a better man for PM!!!!!! During n after GE

the kind of jobs created are pc of shit!!!! Althoug nt blue collar jobs

Lesser of the evils.

And he doesn't talk to self pwn.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

49 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Do note cabinet ministers r not MPs! Some just dont get the dif

I hope no more ahtc to let miWs to attack agn

How much is how much?

This type of  report will not be understood by the common people to know exactly the amount the mps n president received!

Edited by jlone
addition of word

3 minutes ago, jlone said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5d52906a50cd8a06423e216c19cbdc52.jpegA

A post by an arrogant immigrant!

若政府继续的引进这些所谓的人才,会有这么一天,他们欺压本地人。
我在按老院就看到,外国护士就联合起来给本地人脸色看。

Edited by jlone

3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Yes, more celebrations today. But at Toto booths & Singapore Pools.

From original 6 elected MPs to now 10 elected MPs.

0610 was the hot number over the weekend.

Yesterday evening one of the starters is 1006.

To those WP's supporters & punters, maybe we can contribute a token sum to WP community fund.

Huat ah.... Ole ole ole...

7 hours ago, Since u r here said:

can t be S arrogant as him! All alomg before Ge we been discussing abt such issues ranging from covid

Can't stand this Calvin Cheng. So what if he was an ex-NMP? His comments are always jabbing or jeering at others. Can't believe this comment can actually get 844 likes. Insane. Did he even contribute to any constructive criticism when he was in Parliament, or was he just another one who went with the flow I wonder?

Edited by jsaw88

1 hour ago, jsaw88 said:

Can't stand this Calvin Cheng. So what if he was an ex-NMP? His comments are always jabbing or jeering at others. Can't believe this comment can actually get 844 likes. Insane. Did he even contribute to any constructive criticism when he was in Parliament, or was he just another one who went with the flow I wonder?

This try-too-hard langah face mongrel got his business mainly in china, he’ll naturally pander and go with the policies that affect him. Don’t bother reading any of his post, not worth the sh!t he waddles in.

14 hours ago, jlone said:

image.jpeg

Approved by 62%.

Period.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

24 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Do u buy this? I have never find tharman any special

He is not special, but at least he speaks better than cotton balls.

And he doesn't irk people as much as cotton balls does!

Edited by jlone

25 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

u har....... i hope CJ tan wont irks u....

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

Should be irk.

At least Tharman got 大将之风

Cotton balls just like 小人一个 n yet like to hehave arrogantly n hao lian! (boastful)

Edited by jlone

11 hours ago, Larry said:

Yes, more celebrations today. But at Toto booths & Singapore Pools.

From original 6 elected MPs to now 10 elected MPs.

0610 was the hot number over the weekend.

Yesterday evening one of the starters is 1006.

To those WP's supporters & punters, maybe we can contribute a token sum to WP community fund.

Huat ah.... Ole ole ole...

Just came back from the Singapore Pools at Bishan North, smiling people & friendly atmosphere.

One old lady queuing behind me spoke to me, "Ah mei ah, buy 0307,"

I smiled & replied, "Aunty, I'm not ah mei, I'm ah tee, thank you for the number,"

"Oh sorry sorry. Don't buy too big, small small can already," that was her reply.

Huat ah...

3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Wont residents feel warm? 

This had happened many years since Potong Pasir's Chiam See Tong era, conducting meet the people sessions under the void deck with one standing fan, whereas PAP has theirs in air-conditioned PA branches.

All along I maintain my position that PAP is not a gracious loser, the MRT station which was ready long time ago at Potong Pasir was opened when PAP re-captured the ward, the lift upgrading was last in the queue together with Hougang. Reason given was very simple, because both never voted for PAP & life upgrading was PAP's national event.

Low Thiang Kiang did told me even to conduct a pasar malam, must get approval from the grass root leader, his loser & not him, the elected MP. 

That is why & how Potong Pasir returned back to PAP, because the residents couldn't accept the inconvenience & hardship anymore.

I was actually visualizing that SDP would recapture Potong Pasir after all the upgrading, unfortunately the candidate from the opposition was real sub-standard, just my renamed Marymount ward.

Edited by Larry

On 7/11/2020 at 6:43 PM, fab said:

“You know, the cure for all this talk is really a good dose of incompetent government. You get that alternative and you'll never put Singapore together again: Humpty Dumpty cannot be put together again... my asset values will disappear, my apartments will be worth a fraction of what they were, my ministers' jobs will be in peril, their security will be at risk and their women will become maids in other people's countries, foreign workers. I cannot have that!" - Justifying million-dollar pay hike for Singapore ministers”
 Lee Kuan Yew

On 7/11/2020 at 2:26 PM, fab said:

Many women are grateful to lky foolishly. They were brainwashed into believing that without lky, they will become prostituteds or maids. 

I am not a diehard fan of LKY, but from the above quote, he did not mention the word "prostitutes".   Worse is, you did not quote and unquoted, but posted it as yours and misquoted him.

That's very dangerous bro, be careful.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Many overseas Singaporeans unable to vote due to pandemic and system glitches

A number of Singaporeans residing overseas are unable to vote due to health concerns, long quarantine measures as well as regulations preventing them from flying in and out of where they currently reside

The Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) building. The ICA is responsible for system glitches that denied a hundred and one Singaporeans of their voting rights this upcoming major election.

• G_M locked this topic