Male HQ

GE2020

d15cr33t

That serve as a good lesson though painful one, to remind all candidates who take part in the election,  please clean all your shit in social media, social media is double edge sword,  it can expose your competitor's shit but it can also expose your own shit.

52 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Gd analysis! So jamus is not even from

harvd mah! 

Please do not speculate 

Harvard University
===============
One of my students sent me an alert and said that there are people who say that graduates from Harvard Extension School or DCE are not really graduates from Harvard University.

Huh?

Anyone with doubt can always write to Harvard University for clarification. I know, I know. I know many people who are not happy by how the Extension school graduates obtain their degrees: hard work, sacrifices, study + work, etc etc etc... and that's why Harvard University is always proud of the ALM and ALB graduates.

I wrote to the Dean's office at Harvard Extension to ask for a clarification and here it is. If still in doubt, please feel free to call Harvard University (you can get the number on their website) or write to the Dean's office below, or write to the President of Harvard University: President Lawrence Bacow at president@harvard.edu.

"... Harvard Extension School degree holders are absolutely graduates of Harvard University and are invaluable members of both the Harvard Alumni Association and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association. Sometimes people confuse Harvard University and Harvard College. Harvard College is one of the 13 degree granting schools that make up Harvard University. HES is also one of them...

Best,
Amie Evans
Office of the Dean
Harvard University
Division of Continuing Education and University Extension
617-495-2930"

We are proud alumnus, no less Harvard graduates, no less tenacious, no less passionate, and no less Harvard University. Hope this puts all the speculations to rest.

36 minutes ago, MobyDick said:

Please do not speculate 

Harvard University
===============
One of my students sent me an alert and said that there are people who say that graduates from Harvard Extension School or DCE are not really graduates from Harvard University.

Huh?

Anyone with doubt can always write to Harvard University for clarification. I know, I know. I know many people who are not happy by how the Extension school graduates obtain their degrees: hard work, sacrifices, study + work, etc etc etc... and that's why Harvard University is always proud of the ALM and ALB graduates.

I wrote to the Dean's office at Harvard Extension to ask for a clarification and here it is. If still in doubt, please feel free to call Harvard University (you can get the number on their website) or write to the Dean's office below, or write to the President of Harvard University: President Lawrence Bacow at president@harvard.edu.

"... Harvard Extension School degree holders are absolutely graduates of Harvard University and are invaluable members of both the Harvard Alumni Association and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association. Sometimes people confuse Harvard University and Harvard College. Harvard College is one of the 13 degree granting schools that make up Harvard University. HES is also one of them...

Best,
Amie Evans
Office of the Dean
Harvard University
Division of Continuing Education and University Extension
617-495-2930"

We are proud alumnus, no less Harvard graduates, no less tenacious, no less passionate, and no less Harvard University. Hope this puts all the speculations to rest.

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

harvd mah! 

So, he was from Harvard. He is a smart person who knows what is right or wrong n will not try to deceive.

Not like some others!

22 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

They never think they are wrong and sporean did not ask for apology.....vote wisely. 

I wonder what excuse they will give if some voters get the virus here... 

23 hours ago, wilfgene said:

Nobody else caught the new?

While waiting in line, six voters in Chini got confirmed.

Full PPE, dudes.  

They were with suspected symptoms and later tested negative.

2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

harvd mah! 

Oh, no, don't be mistaken, just like what @MobyDick has mentioned, graduates from Harvard Extension School are no less recognised as Harvard graduates from the University itself. It's just the mode of teaching that differs (the Extension School offers online courses I have read?).

Therewas even someone who spoke up and verified that this degree does NOT mean that it's not an authentic one from Harvard. Like I said, it was the stupid ex-NMP who was trying to distort facts and create confusion. We don't need such shit stirrers in our lives!

P.S. If my post has caused any confusion, I'm sorry! :P

I'm wondering if CCS will agree to having a national televised debate on Covid-19 plans with Dr Tan and Dr Tambyah. I'm pretty sure it'll be one that's very interesting to watch, and if Dr Tan and Dr Tambyah have done their homework properly, I'm very hopeful that the debate will work to their advantage and they'll swing a good number of voters towards themselves. :)

47 minutes ago, jsaw88 said:

I'm wondering if CCS will agree to having a national televised debate on Covid-19 plans with Dr Tan and Dr Tambyah. I'm pretty sure it'll be one that's very interesting to watch, and if Dr Tan and Dr Tambyah have done their homework properly, I'm very hopeful that the debate will work to their advantage and they'll swing a good number of voters towards themselves. :)

ccs will never make himself a clown of laughing stock again. he shld save his own face.

Dun think he can debate that well also.

3 hours ago, jsaw88 said:

Nope don't think they will dare to,  anything that is impromptu and without a proper well written script is too risky, anyway,  TCB did mention if no debate,  he will also announce the details on the last day of campaign, that give them no time to rebuke due to the cooling day.  

Edited by lonelyglobe

EARLY NOTICE:

1.  We will be Locking this topic and DIS-ALLOW discussion of anything election related anywhere on Blowingwind on Cooling-Off day and Polling day.

https://www.gov.sg/article/what-happens-on-coolingoff-day

2. Restriction Period:   00:00 hrs 09 July 2020 (Thur) -  20:00 hrs 10 July 2020 (Fri)

48 minutes ago, jlone said:

OF COURSE !!!

Very surprised this old man still around,  65 can retire already,  still earn not enough?  cannot be leh.... Like they always say so much money also cannot bring into coffin....and that lady, only one word .....speechless

3 hours ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

Very surprised this old man still around,  65 can retire already,  still earn not enough?  cannot be leh.... Like they always say so much money also cannot bring into coffin....and that lady, only one word .....speechless

Alamak!  action just like a hooligan.Terrible !

46 minutes ago, axelrod said:

Reform Party's Radin Mas SMC candidate does not turn up for constituency broadcast

https://mothership.sg/2020/07/reform-party-kumar-never-show-radin-mas/

Reform party if you are still getting 20%, maybe is time to think if the people really need you or have trust in your party,  if not wouldn't it be a good time to call it a day. 

8 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/singapore-ge2020-police-reports-made-against-dpm-heng-for-non-chinese-pm-remarks-agc-says

As expected....nothing happen but wonder if is opposition party who make that conment,  will the result be the same or different? 

Buddy, ownself check ownself, ownself support ownself mah... I'm not surprised with this outcome at all. So much for "justice and equality".

14 hours ago, Since u r here said:

the letterboxes are really in a terrok state 

wah lau! this ah mu is really really lazy! dont say rectifying these reported concerns, he didnt even look into the matters and dedicate his people to do anything!

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Will u pick 1 (Jamus Lim) who warm the cockles or

Definitely! 

He is full of humility despite his impressive background (VOTE HIM IN please!)

Not like some hypocrites who like to selfpraise n hao lian! (Vote these out)

Edited by jlone

1 minute ago, Since u r here said:

what? we both have same fate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nevertheless i will ENSURE sg Ruling party will never have a strong mandate in spite of PV

Difficult leh. You look at the PV crew...doctor don't look like doctor, lawyer don't look like lawyer, philanthropist don't look like philanthropist...all look...

CMI

3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

there are many who felt disgusted by SDP just bcos of a Dr Chee

Those who feel disgusted are the people who have eyes but do not see. And they have chosen to believe the facade that the PAP has painted about Dr Chee. I see him as a courageous man who stands by his principles and dares to speak up and be different in an environment of yes-men and yes-women.

19 minutes ago, practease said:

I feel very saddened that other constituencies have stronger opposition parties. Where I'm at, I am stuck with PV. 

Just vote them in to have a 45% of opp parties.

(Even if they dun get elected, but the percentage of the votes still counts.)

You will have a better future as guaranteed by the OP.

If not you will cry n regret if the RP wins the majority.

Becos the common people will have to pay back lots of money to the ruling party. 

Edited by jlone

47 minutes ago, practease said:

I feel very saddened that other constituencies have stronger opposition parties. Where I'm at, I am stuck with PV.

IMHO, I think we have to learn to look beyond the constituency level. And that is the precise thing that the incumbent is using to fool you.

Vote for the party that provides sound policies and protects the interests of Singaporeans first.

Why do you think the PAP are taking jabs at only WP, SDP and PSP, and never seem to care about RP, NSP, PV and SDA? Well that's because they view the latter Opposition parties as "weak" and "inferior", and so they don't even bother wasting their effort to fight them. Let's face it. PAP is scared of PSP, SDP and WP entering the Parliament and disrupting whatever plans they have. But we know very well that just these 3 parties will not be enough to claim 32 seats in Parliament to break the super majority of the PAP. That's why I'm encouraging you to look beyond the constituency and help strengthen the Opposition. My area is also not fielded by a strong Opposition party and the PAP rally presence here is almost non-existent. I haven't seen any of the 5 MPs at all during this period. Why? Because they are complacent. They know they WILL win. And it's this kind of complacency that stalls a nation's progress and development.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proposing that we should overthrow the current government. That's never my intention. I only hope that there'll be sufficient Opposition voices to prevent the ruling party from doing funny tricks and changing policies at their whim and fancy that favour themselves.

Edited by jsaw88

3 minutes ago, jsaw88 said:

IMHO, I think we have to learn to look beyond the constituency level. And that is the precise thing that the incumbent is using to fool you.

Vote for the party that provides sound policies and protects the interests of Singaporeans first.

Whydo you think the PAP are taking jabs at only WP and PSP, and never seem to care about RP, NSP, PV and SDA? Well that's cos they see these Opposition parties as "weak" and "inferior", and so they don't even bother wasting their effort to fight them. Let's face it. PAP is scared of PSP and WP. But we know very well that just the 2 of them alone is not even enough to claim 32 seats in Parliament to break the super majority of the PAP. That's why I'm encouraging you to look beyond the constituency and help strengthen the Opposition. My area is also not fielded by a strong Opposition party and the PAP rally presence here is almost non-existent. I haven't seen any of the 5 MPs at all during this period. Why? Because they are complacent. They know they WILL win. And it's this kind of complacency that stalls a nation's progress and development.

Yeah I suppose you are right...

7 minutes ago, jsaw88 said:

Sorry, may I know are u refering to the RP with this nice statement?

I just can't believe becos if that's the case then are they protecting the interests of themselves first ?

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, jlone said:

Sorry, may I know are u refering to the RP with this nice statement?

I just can't believe becos if that's the case then are they protecting the interests of themselves first ?

Thank you!

Hmm I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly...

But the feeling I get is that the incumbent is only trying to protect their own asses, and not the welfare of all Singaporeans as a whole.

57 minutes ago, jsaw88 said:

Those who feel disgusted are the people who have eyes but do not see. And they have chosen to believe the facade that the PAP has painted about Dr Chee. I see him as a courageous man who stands by his principles and dares to speak up and be different in an environment of yes-men and yes-women.

Pap tries to paint chee as someone with no eq and hot temper. 

Ironically lky is someone who's hot temper too.

49 minutes ago, jsaw88 said:

Why do you think the PAP are taking jabs at only WP, SDP and PSP, and never seem to care about RP, NSP, PV and SDA? Well that's because they view the latter Opposition parties as "weak" and "inferior", and so they don't even bother wasting their effort to fight them. Let's face it. PAP is scared of PSP, SDP and WP entering the Parliament and disrupting whatever plans they have. But we know very well that just these 3 parties will not be enough to claim 32 seats in Parliament to break the super majority of the PAP. That's why I'm encouraging you to look beyond the constituency and help strengthen the Opposition. My area is also not fielded by a strong Opposition party and the PAP rally presence here is almost non-existent. I haven't seen any of the 5 MPs at all during this period. Why? Because they are complacent. They know they WILL win. And it's this kind of complacency that stalls a nation's progress and development.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proposing that we should overthrow the current government. That's never my intention. I only hope that there'll be sufficient Opposition voices to prevent the ruling party from doing funny tricks and changing policies at their whim and fancy that favour themselves.

Any oppo, strong or weak, is good oppo.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, axelrod said:

spacer.png

:lol:

Cannot talk means cannot talk, haven't see any 4G leader that can really talk without a well written script,  including our future PM unfortunately, perhaps should consider sent the whole batch to attend classes about public speaking. 

11 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Cannot talk means cannot talk, haven't see any 4G leader that can really talk without a well written script,  including our future PM unfortunately, perhaps should consider sent the whole batch to attend classes about public speaking. 

Precisely that is the reason he dares not to have a public debate with Dr. Tan Cheng Bock & Prof. Paul Tambyah. 

The only PAP chap I respect is Tan Chuan-Jin. For unknown reason he is sidelined.

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

I heard he was from RI n studied in Oxford Uni.

Dun know how true ?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

while browsing on articles about censorship on homosexual movies etc, I stumbled on this...

I would not reprint the interview. You can google for it. But the both comments on his interview were more interesting.

The question is : Has something changed for the 2020 election?

Friday, May 12, 2006

Tan Wah Piow on Singapore elections.  (Somewhere on the internet)...

Joe90 said...

What more can I say? Tan Wah Piow's assessment of the political scene in Singapore is right-on-target. To paraphrase him:

"In Singapore, they will give you the basic rights only when they feel (it) is good for them."

I couldn't agree more and couldn't have said it better myself.

7:02 PM
Ling;) said...

well i beg to differ, he is bias in his assessment.

why PAP won time and time again is becox spore's economy is strong and that they proven time and again of their capability.

PAP is a capable and systematic govt that is free of corruption.

would u be able to have governed spore in a better way?

would anyone else be able to govern spore in a better way?

we are a small country without natural resources and the most important thing is to have law and order in our society in order to attract investors.

We cannot afford to try different political parties, what if they don't work?

Look at the Philiphines, they have democracy, and what has democracy done to their country?

besides spore does have democracy, the ppl have the right to vote, we are not afraid to vote against the PAP if they have failed us.

But i'm glad that I do not need to exercise that right, as fortunately, occassions warranting such action has not occured.

Once we lose the trust of overseas investers, it will be hard to win them back again.

pls think before criticising the PAP, have sporeans not enjoyed the fruits of their hard labour? have we not attained 1st world citizenship?

Thats what missing in today's society, gratitude and appreciation of what the PAP has done for us.

All they do is criticise and give useless views without coming up with anything constructive.

Stop joining the bandwagon of criticism, just because it is cool to do so, appearing like you have yr own views.

9:39 AM wise said...

Look, Ling,

I agree and respect that PAP has created a strong economy within such a short period of time, but what we have won in money value, we have lost in cultural and artistic development, which, for some people, are the chief aims of a fruitful life. You said that it is important for a small country like ours to be dependent on foreign investors. I agree. But what makes you think that by switching to another government, less investors will come? There seems to be a flaw in your argument here: you assume, that the alternative party will be a bunch of economic imbeciles who will not have the capability to steer the country into economic prosperity. How high is the chance that the Lee family is the only one who knows economics well in this knowledge based economy of ours?

Your argument "would you be able to have governed spore better" is invalid because it is simply rhetorical. There is no logical reply to that question. In fact, it is just like asking: would you, ling, have been less of a vacuous dimwit if your mum had fed you with better powdered milk when you were young, perhaps those with more DHA? One simply cannot answer such a question because it is beyond one's experience--due to this, it is both stupid and ridiculous to put forth such a question at all.

The third major flaw in your argument lies in the suggestion that democracy in singapore will become as disastrous as that in Philiphines, with no regard whatsoever in cultural, demographic, as well as socio-economic differences. This is a crucial flaw that proves once more that you, ling, is an unfortunate person who cannot think beyond what official data has fed you. There is no reasonable grounds to believe that democracy will turn out similar in singapore as it has in philiphines, because of inherent differences in both our countries.

I am sorry if I keep resorting to ad hominem attacks, but by posting such ridiculous nonsense online, you are screaming to be criticized. Normally I do not engage in personal attacks, but because you have attacked the previous commenter by accusing him of jumping onto the "bandwagon", I cannot but resist not wanting to hunt you down in person and teach you a lesson or two on criticizing arguments, instead of making groundless ad hominem attacks. I am merely using your own weapon.

Anyway, I digress. Your final point that people have the right to vote is a strawman argument: you are directing attention to the wrong issue. What Tan Wah Piow has suggested is that the election process itself is undemocratic, and even if the people have the ostensible rights to vote, the entire election will still be unfair because of how PAP suppresses oppositional activities. It is not a very difficult concept to grapple with, but somehow it slipped past you like water through thin silk.

2:23 AM

What happen when u vote opposition? 

* your town council will still be there

* your estate will still be cleaned and maintained

* you will still keep your job

* foreign investment will still be flowing in

In short,  nothing will change, life still remain the same

What happen when u don't vote opposition?

* opposition will be wipe out

* Hougang and Aljunied once taken back will be very difficult to take back just like potong pasir

* 93 MIW will have very easy life in parliament but your life get tougher and no one there to speak up for u

* for the next 5 years,  u just got to bite your teeth and brace through whatever that comes along.

* u give up the right to say no to things that are not right

In short,  vote wisely,  make your vote counts

but there is a clear exception:

However, there are exceptions to the prohibition of campaign activities on Cooling-Off Day: 

The transmission of personal political views by individuals to other individuals, on a non-commercial basis, using the Internet, telephone or electronic means; and

Edited by singalion
t

On 7/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, HendryTan said:

EARLY NOTICE:

1.  We will be Locking this topic and DIS-ALLOW discussion of anything election related anywhere on Blowingwind on Cooling-Off day and Polling day.

2. Restriction Period:   00:00 hrs 09 July 2020 (Thur) -  20:00 hrs 10 July 2020 (Fri)

Today is Cooling-Off Day. 

• G_M locked this topic
  • HendryTan unlocked this topic