Male HQ

GE2020

d15cr33t

1 hour ago, fab said:

Many women are grateful to lky foolishly. They were brainwashed into believing that without lky, they will become prostituteds or maids. 

I am not for or against any party.  But what you said offended so many women, alive and passed on.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

49 minutes ago, jsaw88 said:

My friend just showed me this.

Is this real or fake???

IMG-20200711-WA0000.jpg

fake la.....can easily "add" him in but after they done with invsetigation and found him not guilty of all the accuses,  there is a high chance he maybe brought back in next election. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

This is important, and a step in the right direction for Singapore. Having an officially recognized Leader of the Opposition (as is traditionally the case with Westminister governments) will bring better legitimacy to the Singapore Government. Furthermore, LHL said: "he will be provided with appropriate staff support and resources to perform his duties", which will help the WP. Good on the PAP for this decision.

https://mothership.sg/2020/07/pritam-singh-leader-of-opposition-pm-lee/

Oh no.

Now he would need to work harder in order to think of how to fix them, since there are not 6 but 10.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, cutejack said:

No lah.  This noise is after announcement that WP has won.  In sk

39 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

I am not for or against any party.  But what you said offended so many women, alive and passed on.  

You mean you don't recall lky said that ?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Towards the end of the interview, Doc broke down in tears when he was trying to answer the question as to why at age 80 and in the last lap of his life, he was entering the bruising arena of opposition politics.

And still those heartless creatures dun want to vote them in!

Same goes to Dr CSJ.

3 minutes ago, jlone said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gahmenstealspatentfromgooddoctor/permalink/1666126950231631/

Complain, make noise n complain!

In the end only WP 10 members got elected!

Sick of all these, but still not much change.

All brain dead when come to voting!

Some of these sh!t brains are really strange.

This morning I received a msg from a sliver serpent friend who saw a clip of how china students are receiving free education here. She flared up and kbkb about why are citizens not given priority and priorities are not right, grievances and all and later say we need to debate this in parliament and good thing there will be 10 WP to do that. I told her it’s been happening for many years. A while later she start saying good that it’s under control then under incumbent. I was like.... HUH???

7 hours ago, Since u r here said:

dont like that lah luv is luv

vote is vote

He had jailed so many people, some w/o trial, some just becos they were opp members who spoke the truth and yet u luv him?

Alamak!

Edited by jlone

47 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Lky said that? I cant remember 

“You know, the cure for all this talk is really a good dose of incompetent government. You get that alternative and you'll never put Singapore together again: Humpty Dumpty cannot be put together again... my asset values will disappear, my apartments will be worth a fraction of what they were, my ministers' jobs will be in peril, their security will be at risk and their women will become maids in other people's countries, foreign workers. I cannot have that!" - Justifying million-dollar pay hike for Singapore ministers”
 Lee Kuan Yew

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

55 takeaways from the 2020 election:

The results:

- Disappointment over the small margin at West Coast. The success by a win would have sent a better signal to the majority party.

- While the media has been playing down the results for Bukit Batok and Bukit Panjang, but 45% and 46% is a big step up for SDP, considering CSJ's past and brandmarked as the worst guy in the opposition maybe 15 years back. These near to 50% share is a blow to the "great mandate".

- Sengkang GRC: Congrats. What it shows: Voters are not that stupid or lowly educated any longer. Want to create constituencies in your favour might backlash nowadays. (if you look at it, they thought the 72% pro majority voters they shifted to the new Sengkang GRC (about half of the voters at Sengkang GRC) would blindly vote that party in the new GRC. It turned out wrong.

Lesson to learn: Voters don't want to be pushed around. Sure it was a smart idea for the WP to bring in younger candidates to which the majority of young people in that estate can better identify with.

Takeaway: Even changing boundaries would not ensure the opposition can't win any other GRC.

Should this be the end for GRCs now after it has been established they are no longer any burden for the opposition parties?

- It seems the majority party cannot gain much or attract sufficient of the young talent or the talent is looking into alternatives. Just take the cousin of a minister being the replacement for that guy who dropped out from the election. There was no other to run??

- Not sure with that result at East Coast whether that DPM will end up as the next PM following LHL. There could be a reshuffle on who will be next PM.

- And the current PM might run much longer as he intended.

The future:

-For the biggest opposition party to be successful in the whole country, they must run in other parts of the country. The focus simply on the East, North Eastern parts will not render them to any alternative to win the majority in the nearer future. Going that bit to bit from stretching out nearby safe zones to East Coast to Marine Parade would take 50 years to give them a chance to win a majority for the whole country.

- It might be necessary for the two bigger outlets of the opposition to form a joint vehicle. At least they would cover already 45 constituencies in the country. Next election even more. Then there would be a chance to offer an alternative.

What came to my mind:

LKY: "A non-PAP government would ruin the city-state in as little as five years. When you're Singapore, your existence depends on performance - extraordinary performance - better than your competitors - when that performance disappears because the system on which it's been based becomes eroded, then you've lost everything."

What LKY did not imagine was that it eventually would not need any non-PAP government to ruin Singapore in as little as five years but PAP 4G leaders lacking on extraordinary performance could achieve the same result....

35 minutes ago, jlone said:

Towards the end of the interview, Doc broke down in tears when he was trying to answer the question as to why at age 80 and in the last lap of his life, he was entering the bruising arena of opposition politics.

And still those heartless creatures dun want to vote them in!

Same goes to Dr CSJ.

CSJ still can try next election but TCB will be 85 by then......pity him,  lost in his first presidential election by a slim margin in a 4 cornered fight,  then the next one better, don't even get a chance to contest and this round again lost by a slim margin. Too bad he is not taking the NCMP post. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

7 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

CSJ still can try next election but TCB will be 85 by then......pity him,  lost in his first presidential election by a slim margin in a 4 cornered fight,  then the next one better, don't even get a chance to contest and this round again lost by a slim margin. Too bad he is not taking the NCMP post. 

Confirm?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

53 minutes ago, jlone said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gahmenstealspatentfromgooddoctor/permalink/1666126950231631/

Yeap,  though percentage drop but is still 83 Vs 10....would be nice if opposition get east and west coast,  then that will be a strong mandate to opposition. 

[8:35 PM, 7/11/2020] Jane Marie: Number of people voted for PAP: 1,524,781

Number of people who did not vote for PAP: 1,126,654 (this includes opposition votes, spoilt votes and people who never voted) Difference: 398,127
[8:35 PM, 7/11/2020] Jane Marie: And this slap in PAP’s face.

The Economist
Jul 10th 2020

BY LOCAL STANDARDS it was a stunning rebuke. The People’s Action Party (PAP), which has governed Singapore since before independence in 1965, lost ten of the 93 parliamentary seats up for grabs in a general election on July 10th. The main opposition outfit, the Workers’ Party (WP), scooped all the dissenting districts. In the process it won two Group Representation Constituencies (GRCs)—multi-member constituencies in which voters choose a party’s team of candidates and not an individual—as well as a single-member seat. The PAP’s share of the popular vote slid from almost 70% in the last election of 2015 to 61.2%, one of its worst showings ever. More than 95% of eligible Singaporeans went to the polls, as the law requires them to do.

The opposition’s gains came in spite of myriad challenges. Neither Singapore’s elections department, nor its body for determining constituency boundaries, is independent of the government. The prime minister, Lee Hsien Loong, decided when to call the contest. The campaign lasted just nine days. Detailed regulations governed how precisely campaigning should occur. And in a further twist this year, opposition groups had to contend with covid-19’s effects on their ground game. Social-distancing regulations meant that rallies, a critical tool for stirring renegade hearts in the past, were banned. History suggested that the PAP might win big: in an election just months after the 9/11 attacks in America the party won 75% of the popular vote.

The loss of the GRC of Sengkang—only the second ever to fall to the opposition—was a particular surprise. A zappy four-person crew from the WP bested their grizzled PAP rivals by 52.1% to 47.9%. The presence on the WP ticket of Jamus Lim, a Harvard-educated economist, probably helped after his strong showing in a recent televised debate. And a furore over another WP candidate, Raeesah Khan, gained the team publicity. The weekend before the election, Ms Khan found herself under police investigation for allegedly using Facebook posts to promote “enmity between different groups on grounds of religion or race”, which is illegal under Singapore’s penal code. (One post supposedly stated that Singapore’s authorities treat rich Chinese people and white people differently from others, while another, commenting on a news article about the release from prison of corrupt church leaders, allegedly claimed that minority groups and Muslim leaders receive harsher treatment by comparison.) Ms Khan apologised, but deftly sparked debate about the government’s treatment of minorities.

The greatest embarrassment of the night befell Heng Swee Keat, Mr Lee’s anointed successor. Mr Heng’s four-person team won its GRC, but with just 53.4% of the vote. Because he is the leader of the generation of PAP officials poised to take charge, who have been managing the response to covid-19, this result suggests broader disquiet about the future. Voters did not appear grateful for stimulus packages worth almost 20% of GDP that Mr Heng, as finance minister, shepherded through Parliament in the wake of the pandemic. Perhaps they were not enough to distract from official forecasts that the economy will shrink by between 4% and 7% this year.

The contest is supposed to be Mr Lee’s last. He has said he will step down before his 70th birth…
[8:35 PM, 7/11/2020] Jane Marie: Weather forecast in the Aljunied, Hougang and Sengkang areas - no lightning for the next 5 years.

3 minutes ago, jlone said:

Wow WP's Jamus Lim's magic word " blank chq " carries all the way 2 The New York Times!  

Share share link ~

4 hours ago, fab said:

“You know, the cure for all this talk is really a good dose of incompetent government. You get that alternative and you'll never put Singapore together again: Humpty Dumpty cannot be put together again... my asset values will disappear, my apartments will be worth a fraction of what they were, my ministers' jobs will be in peril, their security will be at risk and their women will become maids in other people's countries, foreign workers. I cannot have that!" - Justifying million-dollar pay hike for Singapore ministers”
 Lee Kuan Yew

Nvr say abt prostitute la. U ar

Lol

“The results reflect the pain and anxiety that Singaporeans feel in this crisis, the loss of income, the anxiety about jobs,” Mr. Lee said early Saturday morning.

Why not also mention the incapability and unpopularity of the 4G leaders? Don't need to be defensive, learnt from mistakes and move on. 

9 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Nvr say abt prostitute la. U ar

Lol

To the same effect la.

Lol.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

18 minutes ago, jlone said:

How come suddenly he is so nice to say things like that? 

Cos he was an international embarrassment for saying fixing the oppositions the last time.

It shows his pettiness.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

13 hours ago, jlone said:

no leh, PAP winning votes in many constituencies has significantly reduced... marginal like 50 odd % only. PAP almost lost west n east coast, the biggest GRCs!

people are taking strong stands! 

3 minutes ago, mith said:

faintz, BB residents voted out of fear????

Could be

ignorance i.e. tricked into believing that oppo is extremist

greed for freebies, handouts, upgradings etc

lust for incumbent

???

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

4 minutes ago, mith said:

no leh, PAP winning votes in many constituencies has significantly reduced... marginal like 50 odd % only. PAP almost lost west n east coast, the biggest GRCs!

people are taking strong stands! 

West and east coasts....

My heart ache

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

2 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Yes but pap still they won

but i felt Lee was abit humble in his thankyou speech

PAP better humble down and starts listening to its people!...

but i really doubt that. the minute jurong won, they bring back ivan lim in their thank you speech! they clearly dont listen!

Just now, Since u r here said:

I thk it is cos he s part of them while he didnt get to contest, he is gonnna make to conte to serve the jur residents, so he has to reappear!!!

jur Farking useless residents gave tharman a strong mandate mah!!!! Hence it shows that how much they luv everything done by pap!!! (So if pap say A, they must do A) 

it voiced down to sporeans in the jurong....

btw all and most covid cases come from the west! It shows how terrible they r!!!

sometimes sporeans got themselves to blame

exactly. PAP dont listen. the whole of singapore dont want to see this ivan lim, yet they, within the minute of winning bring him out! no EQ right!

i saw it on CNA and straight away cringe! 

whether he serve jurong or not, which he will hang ard cause he didnt resign. but no need to bring him out on national tv to irk people mah.

12 minutes ago, mith said:

PAP better humble down and starts listening to its people!...

but i really doubt that. the minute jurong won, they bring back ivan lim in their thank you speech! they clearly dont listen!

Leopard. 

Spots.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

anyway, i no eye see liao... if jurong people likes ivan lim, go ahead lah. just like J besar. if they love jteo wayang ways, let them lah. i really no eye see!

6 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

My inlaws and etc r all at sengkang, still they lost pap, u shd see how much they love pap!!!

so? I dont thk fear factor works, u need strong opponents to call the shots

btw, my whole family didnt vote for jo, but she won!!! The others love her!

inlaws? u straight and married?

family? your parents or yours immediate? u in SK or JB?  

Now that the results are finalised, we can only look forward to 2025 for a more radical change.

Hope the teams at the 3 current Opposition wards, as well as those who were so near to winning (Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, CCK, Marymount, Marine Parade, East and West Coasts) will continue to work hard for their residents over the next 5 years and make their presence felt, so that in 2025, they won't be unfamiliar faces anymore, but will be fully convinced of their abilities to work just as well as, if not better than, the whities.

Edited by jsaw88

21 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

but no need to bring him out on national tv to irk people mah.

Isn't  this consider as deceiving? Becos he already sent letter to withdraw  from joining n furthermore pinky also accepted with all these letters published in the media.

• G_M locked this topic