Male HQ

Good Buffets !

Came across 2 interesting buffets recently but haven't tried. Keen to know how BW connoisseurs rate them (and not influencers on blog sites)!...

Supreme Taste Jiang Nan Cuisine (around $25 per person total) - ala carte buffet lunch of Jiang Nan dishes

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/supreme-tastes-jiang-nan-cuisine-suntec-city-hall/review/

Ju Chun Yuan (around $25 per person total) - ala carte buffet lunch of Fuzhou streetside dishes

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/ju-chun-yuan-raffles-place-boat-quay/

I found Ju Chun Yuan dim sum buffet in the past to be rather un-appetising, but this round promo is Fuzhou dishes, and it's a Fuzhou restaurant, so should be more up to par? Anyone to try and feedback? :whistle:

• 1 month later...

OK just managed to try Jiang Nan Cuisine...came up to about $28 per person. Not a super wide range of dishes e.g. only two dessert types: but decent, some tasty dishes, mayonnaise prawns, sweet sour pork, pig's ear...Turns out the noodles were really good, chewy and fresh, but how much of noodles can one eat in a buffet...?

Personally prefer hotel international buffet, but this is not bad! ^_^

• 1 month later...

May i recommend Makan @ Hotel Jen. Their buffet dinner, yes dinner, (not high tea, not brunch), on weekdays are under $50.

Pretty good spread of mains - their roast pork is delicious. Their wantons are tight and packed (and you should skip the tasteless wanton noodles here)

Varied desserts with free flow of peach tea, coffee, tea.

How about Halal certified buffets.....Any to recommend.

Heard taht Chef Wan @ PS food are average bo sudap...not worth leh.

Yeah. Went to eat at Chef Wan's buffet the other time. Was pretty ordinary, nothing special. Only good food were the local ones. The western dishes weren't that great.

Guest Guest

May i recommend Makan @ Hotel Jen. Their buffet dinner, yes dinner, (not high tea, not brunch), on weekdays are under $50.

Pretty good spread of mains - their roast pork is delicious. Their wantons are tight and packed (and you should skip the tasteless wanton noodles here)

Varied desserts with free flow of peach tea, coffee, tea.

i think hotel jen is so so only but the price is ok lah for the ambiance. i like the cakes section as they kept their cakes refrigerated hence fresh rather than leave it in the air

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting discovery: Yunnan Garden n@ One-North. Ala Carte Buffet only on Wednesdays for $22.80++. Includes one serving of abalone+tilapia, but over 40 other dishes including delicacies like Vinegar Deep Fried Spare Ribs, Prawn Salad + Crispy Pepper Prawn! :clap:

http://www.yunnangarden.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/AllYouCanEat2290.pdf

Not sure if Princess Terrace Cafe @ Copthorne King's Hotel being mentioned but I find it good with authentic Peranakan and Penang food.

Not bad.  Bf and I love the kuehs and the pie tee and the popiah.

But priced at 44.80 to 51.80++ is on the high side, unless you have dining discounts.

Instagram @the_meowprince

• 1 month later...

Can anyone advise where can we find Teochew/Taiwan porridge buffets?

I've tried the following

Tried these already:

Quality Café, Balestier Road

Crystal Café, Orchard

Orchid Café, Tanjong Pagar

Goodwood Park, ala carte buffet, Orchard

Hot Pot Culture (for lunch), Marina sq - in spite of the rat problem, I've tried it.

If anyone knows of elsewhere, can share?

Tx in advance.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried the dim sum buffet at Sichuan Dou Hua at Parkroyal Beach Road?  Is it worthwhile?

Yes, tried at both Beach Road and Kitchener Road...quite delicious, but worthwhile only when 1-for-1...slightly below $30? Usually the promos don't last too long...

• 4 weeks later...

There's a sushi buffet (Sushi Kanazawa) at International Building (Level 3) that's pretty nice and worth it. You get one free plate of sashimi. You can sit in front of the counter or in a small room at the back. You can ask the chefs to make their recommendations or specials or you can order specific sushi a that you like (or go with a combination of both). Their buffet also includes some side dishes.

Near the west side, there's a buffet called Robata Robata on the third floor of Westgate that is pretty nice. It's only $23.90++ for weekday lunches as well which is pretty cheap.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/08/2015 at 5:17 PM, Nightingale said:

Chilli Padi Nonya Café

29 Heng Mui Keng Terrace

Tel: 6872 2982

www.chillipadi.com.sg

Lunch Mon – Thu $19.75 ($16.8++)  per head

Fri – Sun & Public Hols $23.30 ($19.8++)

Food items:

chicken buah keluak

rendang beef

sambal fish

meatball soup

laksa

mee siam

kueh pie tee

tahu goreng

chwee kueh

siew mai

chee cheong fun

kong bak pau (kou rou bau / braised pork steam bun)

kueh dadar

fruit cake

cake lapis

cheng tng

sago pudding

soya bean curd

honeydew

orange

water melon

Comments:

The chicken buah keluak and rendang beef were delicious peranakan style.  The sambal fish is a disappointment as it was fried before being immersed in soup, thus making it soggy.  The meatball soup tasted funny too.

The laksa, mee siam, kueh pie tee and tahu goreng are self service style and tasty.  For those who can't take too hot food, simply do not add chilli paste to the mee siam.  It is yummy!  Since there is so much good food, I minimised my intake of noodle for laksa and mee siam but put more bean sprouts, tau kua, laksa leaf and coriander in my bowl.

I did not try the chwee kuey, siew mai, chee cheong fun as there was already so much to eat.

For desserts, the cheng tng is an excellent alternative to soft drink, coffee or tea.  The fruit cake and cake lapis was rich. The sago pudding was worth eating and you have to add your own gula melaka according to your preferred amount.  The soya bean curd was smooth – Mr Bean standard.

The honeydew was very sweet.  The orange was good, neither sweet nor sour.  The water melon was not sweet enough, so I was disappointed.

Overall – for an economical buffet in authentic baba food provided with traditional Malay music, this restaurant is highly recommended.  Note that it is in the last building at Heng Mui Keng Terrace and is about 10 minutes' walk from the junction with Pasir Panjang Road.  I had to walk past the NUS hostels (Kent Ridge Hall, Sheares Hall and ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute of Southeast Asian Studies).

Be there early.  I was there when it opened at 11 a.m.  A large crowd did not enter till 12 noon.

That looks like a good find. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, Xiaoxianrou said:

I enjoy semi buffets where you order a nice main course, and it comes with a mini buffet spread.. some examples are Earl Swesens and equinox.

The buffet spread is just there so that his do not need to wait so hard for the main dish. it'll keep you filled & occupied.

equinox? they have it? is that going to be costly? any nice pic which u have taken

• 1 month later...

I often go Krazy Salad @ Blk 190, #516, 2 Lor 6 Toa Payoh. Salad buffet only 17++... off peak its 11++ I think... cheap cheap.

If u order any main course, u get the buffet for free. Their main course also quite cheap.... 20++ range but often, the salad buffet is enulf for me.

The other one with similar concept: Seasonal Salad... a little more pricey but got many outlets.. u can find them here: http://seasonalsaladbar.sg/#find

𝓜𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:23 PM, Chocolateabs said:

anyone want to join for pre Christmas Sunday brunch at marriott hotel at 75++ before discount. The discount i can pending on how many people are going

choco

has a lot of discounts sia

I likely goin for this on xmas day

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g294265-d10529256-Reviews-Food_Capital-Singapore.html

This restaurant has oysters free-flow for dinner: Escape at One Farrer Park Hotel. If book on Eatigo can get 50% discount adding up to around $36 inclusive. For Christmas, the price has gone up to around $40, but for oyster lovers it's a bargain! Also other seafood such as conch and mussels, as well as a variety of sashimi, sushi. Main dish spread includes Indian and local favourites! :thumb:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.