Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

15 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The authority to establish what is SIN is no different from the authority of defining what the characters are in a literary work of fiction.  It has to do with the choices of morality designed into the religion.  There are some assumptions that the source of human morality is the religion.  In reality, it seems to be the other way around.  What gives dignity, elevation, prestige, credibility to a religion are precisely its moral edicts,  and so the creators of a religion take elements of human morality that are inborn in our nature and make them appear as the original dictates by the "divinity" of the religion.  And so appears the fifth Jewish Commandment:  "thou shall not kill".  In reality, the rejection of murder precedes the 10 Commandments all the way to the beginning of humanity, where our ancestors surely experienced feelings of compassion and empathy ( which don't have much place in many religions).  We can recognize that the first three Jewish commandments, appearing in Exodus...

1-  I am the Lord your God, thou shall have no other gods before me.

2- Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

3- Observe the sabbath day to keep it holy.

...  are pure religious propaganda for the religion and its God, they have nothing to do with morality.  We can completely ignore these 3 commandments if we are agnostics, and yet care for the other seven. We don't even need to KNOW these commandments at all to be perfectly moral, since they are kind of arbitrarily attempt to define the morality in this religion.  It is sufficient that we recognize and follow OUR OWN inborn moral principles.

I also think that free will is a universal notion that transcends any religion. Where there is praise and blame there is an assumption of free will.    What I correctly wrote is that when SIN is included in the design of a religion, it must implicitly include free will as the motivation of our actions.  So the ancient Jews like Moses assumed that our actions come from the "free will" of our hearts.  They believed that our morality resides in our heart, not in our brain. (I don't see why this should make a difference, ha ha).  The idea of "free will" has existed forever in our human race.  It simply came into recorded history with the early recorded religions and the Greek philosophers, who found it to be a good material for their philosophical ruminations.  Similarly,  WE OURSELVES can make of "free will" whatever we think makes sense. :) 

Just one comment. As to my humble knowledge and research, the "free will" concept played less a  role for the Jewish religion, but more prominently in Christianity. 

The Jewish religion is more aligned on the concept of divine predetermination/fate. 

Quote:  חפשית בחירה בחירה 

God] have set before you life and death, blessing and curse

Unless you are talking about individuals being able to recognise "right and wrong" and taking a choice. 

We might see the same but see the issue from different angles. 

Edited by singalion

7 hours ago, singalion said:

Just one comment. As to my humble knowledge and research, the "free will" concept played less a  role for the Jewish religion, but more prominently in Christianity. 

The Jewish religion is more aligned on the concept of divine predetermination/fate. 

Quote:  חפשית בחירה בחירה 

God] have set before you life and death, blessing and curse

Unless you are talking about individuals being able to recognise "right and wrong" and taking a choice. 

We might see the same but see the issue from different angles. 

Hopefully you are able to expand your humble knowledge and research. 

The Jewish religion from the very start has defined praise and punishment.  Adam and Eve in Eden had "free will" to choose which fruits to eat, and Eve choose the forbidden fruit.  Thereafter the two were punished and thrown out of Eden because they had eaten the fruit with free will.   Every religion that defines praise and punishment must also recognize that we act out of CHOICE,  not because we are programmed like an automate.  Robots on the other hand, follow the dictates of their software, and therefore they are not praised or punished.

On 1/23/2024 at 10:59 AM, Guest Kim said:

WHAT HAPPENS IF SATAN GOES TO GOD AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS??

Frankly, I see very little probability for this happening.  But if you are longing for the correct and true answer to your question,  I suggest that you direct it not to me but to your God.  Good luck!

Guest Finn

In this age of digital scams, don't you want to know what you have spent & the value of your balance funds immediately? This is so fundamental.

On 1/24/2024 at 3:04 PM, Guest Finn said:

In this age of digital scams, don't you want to know what you have spent & the value of your balance funds immediately? This is so fundamental.

Of course.  "Immediately".  But, what does this "immediately" mean?  Every second, every hour, every day, every month?

Keep your online accounts well protected.  Select complicated passwords that are difficult to crack, even with keyboard tracking malware,  and change them periodically.  Make time to check your accounts periodically, at least their monthly balances.  Access them online only on your home computer, with sufficient virus protection.

I assume that gays in Singapore also reach a point at times when they are tired of sex, sex, sex all the time.

Then, you have the opportunity to divert the spirit to more elevated activities, like philosophy.  So I can expect that among you gays who will be seniors one day,  or are already there, many of you are quite versed in philosophical thinking. 

Then you will welcome the entertainment to muse over Gödel's argument for God.  This is best started on a Friday after work, so you have the whole weekend until Monday morning to make sense of it.  Good luck :) 

Guest Guest
On 1/26/2024 at 9:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

Of course.  "Immediately".  But, what does this "immediately" mean?  Every second, every hour, every day, every month?

Keep your online accounts well protected.  Select complicated passwords that are difficult to crack, even with keyboard tracking malware,  and change them periodically.  Make time to check your accounts periodically, at least their monthly balances.  Access them online only on your home computer, with sufficient virus protection.

Someone here seems to be living suh a sheltered life that he is unaware of just how sophisticated scammers have gotten over the recent years. And he can come dishing out advice to others, acting as if he is some guru all over this forum. 

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Someone here seems to be living suh a sheltered life that he is unaware of just how sophisticated scammers have gotten over the recent years. And he can come dishing out advice to others, acting as if he is some guru all over this forum. 

Oh...  I am no "guru all over this forum".   But I try to be helpful, in a good and honest way.   

If you are looking for gurus,  read my previous post about Gödel's argument for God, and make this proven God your guru.  Hopefully He is able to bless you, my child. 

On 1/29/2024 at 10:03 PM, Guest Guest said:

Now that  Gödel has made good argument for God, it is time to reflect on the persona of some Guest/s here,  who manifests himself in multiple posts here and especially in the thread about US Politics,  and other various threads.

For this, I recommend an excellent dissertation by Yuval Noah Harari,  who is one-of-us,  a GAY Jewish historian who has shaken up many intelligent minds and made them think in overtime. 

In the following video he speaks about his work as a historian of the whole humanity, starting with our prehistoric ancestors of hundred thousand years ago who separated from the orangutans and gorillas.  ( he is Jewish, but he does not believe in the Genesis of Moses' Torah, ha ha )  So he reflects on the genes we still share with the  apes...

And here comes in the Guest/s.  Could it be that his posts show that he has a more direct lineage with the ancestral apes than the majority of BW posters?  This is why Guest/s should pay special attention to Yuval Noah Harari, and do some introspection to determine if he is a very unique and valuable specimen.  A model of an urge to contradict, a model of opposition to reality, and a mentality that fits well into Harari's theories. 

With the distinction of having such Guest/s among us,  we gays who will be seniors one day should work through Gödel's argument for God to warm up the mind, and then watch the interview with Yuval Noah Harari.  This may keep us thinking about the world we live in.

Edited by Steve5380

Guys,  THIS IS SERIOUS:

The science of anatomy has been increasingly focusing on the role of the bacteria in our gut, the "microbiome". Nutrition experts have been assigning increasing benefits ( and also problems ) to the presence of certain strains of bacteria, some benefits being amazing.  But this has not reached yet our Medical Doctors,  who are too busy making money by "curing" us with nicely expensive drugs,  not just...  probiotics full of bacteria, yuck!

Some doctors interested in the advances of nutrition have been investigating, and one respectable one is Dr. William Davis. ( you can find plenty of credentials of him online ).   He focuses his recommendation on one particular bug:  "Lactobacillus Reuteri", allegedly  an extremely healthy microbe. YouTube has many videos about it, and this is one of them:

and even this... 

Dr. Davis has written a paper describing his method to make Lactobacillus Reuteri:

https://drdavisinfinitehealth.com/2019/07/how-to-make-l-reuteri-yogurt-step-by-step/

I started making this culture over three months ago and I am eating it every day.  I bought the pills from Amazon, used a few to make the first batch, and from there every successive batch I make from a sample of the previous one.  I have made so far over 10 batches, about one a week. My health has been perfect before this, yet I notice still some improvements from this "yogurt".  

I don't know about the availability of the components in Singapore  (  you may have to convert from English to Metric, ha ha ),  the most important element besides the bacteria is to have a means to keep the culture at  100 degF ( 37.7 degC ) for the 36 hours of culture.   YOU SHOULD TRY IT!   It beats hands down any fancy yougurt you may find in stores, it tastes great, and it is not expensive to make.   I will gladly answer any questions you have about the process. 

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Guys,  THIS IS SERIOUS:

The science of anatomy has been increasingly focusing on the role of the bacteria in our gut, the "microbiome". Nutrition experts have been assigning increasing benefits ( and also problems ) to the presence of certain strains of bacteria, some benefits being amazing.  But this has not reached yet our Medical Doctors,  who are too busy making money by "curing" us with nicely expensive drugs,  not just...  probiotics full of bacteria, yuck!

Some doctors interested in the advances of nutrition have been investigating, and one respectable one is Dr. William Davis. ( you can find plenty of credentials of him online ).   He focuses his recommendation on one particular bug:  "Lactobacillus Reuteri", allegedly  an extremely healthy microbe. YouTube has many videos about it, and this is one of them:

and even this... 

Dr. Davis has written a paper describing his method to make Lactobacillus Reuteri:

https://drdavisinfinitehealth.com/2019/07/how-to-make-l-reuteri-yogurt-step-by-step/

I started making this culture over three months ago and I am eating it every day.  I bought the pills from Amazon, used a few to make the first batch, and from there every successive batch I make from a sample of the previous one.  I have made so far over 10 batches, about one a week. My health has been perfect before this, yet I notice still some improvements from this "yogurt".  

I don't know about the availability of the components in Singapore  (  you may have to convert from English to Metric, ha ha ),  the most important element besides the bacteria is to have a means to keep the culture at  100 degF ( 37.7 degC ) for the 36 hours of culture.   YOU SHOULD TRY IT!   It beats hands down any fancy yougurt you may find in stores, it tastes great, and it is not expensive to make.   I will gladly answer any questions you have about the process. 

Do you always check on the Medical experts on these claims Steve?

Medical experts have criticized Davis for making false assertions about wheat, unsupported by evidence-based medicine. His low-carbohydrate Wheat Belly diet has been cited by dietitians as an example of a fad diet and because of its restrictive nature is likely to be low in B-vitamins, calcium and vitamin D.

Can you have a “Super Gut”?

A controversial doctor thinks he has the answer.

In the war on wheat, William Davis is the commander of a battalion on the front lines.

The Milwaukee-based cardiologist’s 2011 book Wheat Belly along with 2013’s Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, both New York Times best-sellers, were twin bombshells that some argued took up the war against the world’s most abundant crop after the Atkins diet fell out of fashion in the ‘90s.

Critics say Davis’ ideas “are based on shaky science,” that they “cannot be substantiated based on published scientific studies,” and they “ignore the bulk of the science [and] exaggerate the truth.”

Does wheat make us fat and sick?

Highlights

• After fat and fructose, it is now suggested that wheat is a main cause for obesity.

• Whole-wheat consumption is discouraged by current (non-peer reviewed) publications.

• We make recommendations on the basis of scientific consensus rather than speculation.

• No data justifies a negative opinion about whole-wheat products in a healthy population.

• Gluten-sensitive individuals can benefit from a diet without gluten from wheat.

Abstract

After earlier debates on the role of fat, high fructose corn syrup, and added sugar in the aetiology of obesity, it has recently been suggested that wheat consumption is involved. Suggestions have been made that wheat consumption has adverse effects on health by mechanisms related to addiction and overeating. We discuss these arguments and conclude that they cannot be substantiated. Moreover, we conclude that assigning the cause of obesity to one specific type of food or food component, rather than overconsumption and inactive lifestyle in general, is not correct. In fact, foods containing whole-wheat, which have been prepared in customary ways (such as baked or extruded), and eaten in recommended amounts, have been associated with significant reductions in risks for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and a more favourable long term weight management. Nevertheless, individuals that have a genetic predisposition for developing celiac disease, or who are sensitive or allergic to wheat proteins, will benefit from avoiding wheat and other cereals that contain proteins related to gluten, including primitive wheat species (einkorn, emmer, spelt) and varieties, rye and barley. It is therefore important for these individuals that the food industry should develop a much wider spectrum of foods, based on crops that do not contain proteins related to gluten, such as teff, amaranth, oat, quinoa, and chia. Based on the available evidence, we conclude that whole-wheat consumption cannot be linked to increased prevalence of obesity in the general population.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0733521013000969

9 hours ago, singalion said:

Do you always check on the Medical experts on these claims Steve?

Medical experts have criticized Davis for making false assertions about wheat, unsupported by evidence-based medicine. His low-carbohydrate Wheat Belly diet has been cited by dietitians as an example of a fad diet and because of its restrictive nature is likely to be low in B-vitamins, calcium and vitamin D.

Can you have a “Super Gut”?

A controversial doctor thinks he has the answer.

In the war on wheat, William Davis is the commander of a battalion on the front lines.

The Milwaukee-based cardiologist’s 2011 book Wheat Belly along with 2013’s Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, both New York Times best-sellers, were twin bombshells that some argued took up the war against the world’s most abundant crop after the Atkins diet fell out of fashion in the ‘90s.

Critics say Davis’ ideas “are based on shaky science,” that they “cannot be substantiated based on published scientific studies,” and they “ignore the bulk of the science [and] exaggerate the truth.”

LOL!  Should we start an instance of "nutritional wars",  like the one between vegans and carnivores?  

I was not aware of the controversy over "Wheat Belly",  thanks for making me aware.  Here is an article that deals with this by a Dr. Axe, and it seems to be impartial:

https://draxe.com/nutrition/wheat-belly-diet/

According to research conducted by the the United States Department of Agriculture, people in the U.S. consume about 500 more calories today than they did 40 years ago — and a whopping 92 percent of the increased per capita caloric intake is attributable to processed grains, oils and other fats dominating most Americans’ diets.

Surveys show that today adults in the U.S. spend almost three times the amount of money on refined grain products (like bread, cereal and pasta) compared to national recommendations. This has led to something call “wheat belly,” prompting the creation of the wheat belly diet.

According to a publication featured in the Washington Post, the reason for this is because “the two food groups Americans are eating more and more of — added fats and oils, plus flour and cereal products — are the same ones that are found in most processed and fast foods.” (1)

The wheat belly diet has a lot in common with the popular Paleo diet and other types of moderate- to low-carb diet plans, such as the ketogenic diet. Although some skeptics of the wheat belly diet plan wouldn’t agree that avoiding all wheat is necessary for most people, others are convinced that removal of wheat could reduce or relieve symptoms like blood sugar fluctuations, cravings for sweets, weight gain or obesity, and heart disease risk factors significantly or even entirely.

I have been eating wheat products all my life without any problems. But I have stopped eating them and some other grains for several years now in favor of better carbohydrates like the leguminous, in particular LENTILS.  And I feel great!   So, I don't consider wheat a very harmful product but there are better foods.  Wheat today may have been genetically altered, and it is found mostly in highly processed foods, which should be avoided.

I think that unconventional nutrition experts like Davis, Perlmutter, Gundry, etc. deserve some trust.  They are not "quacks"  (  remember the one calling them all "quacks" early in this thread, ha ha? ).  Compare this with the nearly absolute doctrinal trust society expects us to give to conventional medicine,  which in matters of nutrition is not trustworthy at all, and in matters of health can only be trusted in some curative medicine.  Your "evidence-based medicine" is more a "money-based medicine". :lol:

So,  be smart and stop looking around for controversy,  which I haven't found about this good bacteria Lactobacillus Reuteri,  and start cultivating and eating it like I do.  If you have any problems with this,  maybe I can help.  :)    

• 2 weeks later...

In this world of nutrition full of new revelations of what is good and what is bad for us,  one recent issue is the consumption of oxalates,  oxalic acid,  now advertised as a source of health problems, while... their elimination ALSO leads to health problems.   Here is one of many videos about this,  by one recent "expert":    It might be worth watching it.

It's AMAZING how problems with excellent healthy foods are now uncovered and warnings against them are issued. 

Recently it is mostly about...  vegetables.  First came the evil STATINS and now it is the evil OXALATES.   This surely must infuriate the fanatic vegans,  who place their own warnings about the evil animal foods!     All this plays into the favor of FASTING,  the avoidance of all the evils in food.    But...  even being so inexpensive,  fasting is not sustainable on the long run!  :lol:

So I started to pay attention to these warnings,  and after making many changes to avoid lectins  ( like pressure-cooking my lentils, quinoa, and being selective with grains ),  now I am making changes to reduce oxalic acid.  I will not eat spinach again,  and started to reduce my consumption of chocolate, almonds, beets, okra, potatoes, and a few others. 

Am I overly cautious or naive?  Maybe I am,  but one may have little to lose being so,  while much to gain if some of these warnings are realistic.  And of course,  the health benefits of fasting,  like intermittent fasting,  are undisputed.  And so I hope to keep adding years of life before becoming an "old man".  :) 

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Am I overly cautious or naive?  Maybe I am,  but one may have little to lose being so,  while much to gain if some of these warnings are realistic.  And of course,  the health benefits of fasting,  like intermittent fasting,  are undisputed.  And so I hope to keep adding years of life before becoming an "old man".  :) 

If you have healthy calcium level in your body, you should not fear oxlates because calcium will bind them from forming stones in your kidney, gout or where it is least desired.   Having stones in your kidney is like waiting for a huge meteorite to land on earth. My point is, not easy to form stones easily if you exercise regularly and drink enough water (2.5 liters per day).

If you want to add more years of life, please restrict calories from high carbohydrates diets and restrict protein and all sorts of growth hormones, to reduce cells proliferations and cell aging.   

If you cannot live without protein, best is to take 0.8g per day, per kg of your body weight, just enough for repair and maintenance but not "growth". 

I am not expert, but I still thiink we should not completely forgo the nutrients found in Almonds, Spinach and Beets just because they harbour one "black sheep".

There is nothing serious with Oxalates. 

In my opinion 99% of those American social media "experts" are all just trying to suck out some money from people. 

Oxalates are absorbed in the body and eliminated through the stool and urine. 

Only a few who have a certain deficiency to eliminate the oxalates develop something from them resulting in kidney stones. 

If you read the link it aren't only the oxalates that cause kidney stones. Probably, you need to eat 50kg of spinach per day to increase the risk... but who does that?

=> Exaggerated by doubtful self proclaimed experts. 

Quote:

Most people have a small amount of oxalate and calcium in the urinary tract at some point. Usually, they remain dissolved, and there are no associated problems.

However, in some people, the compounds form crystals and then kidney stones. ResearchTrusted Source has shown that this is a particular problem if oxalate levels are high and urinary volume is low.

10 hours ago, Black Kitten said:

If you have healthy calcium level in your body, you should not fear oxlates because calcium will bind them from forming stones in your kidney, gout or where it is least desired.   Having stones in your kidney is like waiting for a huge meteorite to land on earth. My point is, not easy to form stones easily if you exercise regularly and drink enough water (2.5 liters per day).

If you want to add more years of life, please restrict calories from high carbohydrates diets and restrict protein and all sorts of growth hormones, to reduce cells proliferations and cell aging.   

If you cannot live without protein, best is to take 0.8g per day, per kg of your body weight, just enough for repair and maintenance but not "growth". 

I am not expert, but I still thiink we should not completely forgo the nutrients found in Almonds, Spinach and Beets just because they harbour one "black sheep".

You are right.  We can live a whole life without awareness of lectins and oxalates.  I have done this, without problems. The reason I care now is because my cost of avoiding these potential harmful food components is very low,  and at my age every bit helps.  I find that there are so many choices of foods and their preparation,  that my overreactions are justified.

For example, I gladly give up almonds in exchange for walnuts. and there are many great green veggies with very low oxalate content.  I always soak overnight and cook my lentils, and now I pressure-cook them.  No big deal.  And I don't care for other foods with oxalates, like chocolate and tea and coffee, etc. 

No one can live without protein, ha ha!  They say that older people should increase their protein intake,  but I find it's more important to increase resistance training. Especially the working out of the lower body.

9 hours ago, singalion said:

There is nothing serious with Oxalates. 

In my opinion 99% of those American social media "experts" are all just trying to suck out some money from people. 

Oxalates are absorbed in the body and eliminated through the stool and urine. 

Only a few who have a certain deficiency to eliminate the oxalates develop something from them resulting in kidney stones. 

If you read the link it aren't only the oxalates that cause kidney stones. Probably, you need to eat 50kg of spinach per day to increase the risk... but who does that?

=> Exaggerated by doubtful self proclaimed experts. 

Quote:

Most people have a small amount of oxalate and calcium in the urinary tract at some point. Usually, they remain dissolved, and there are no associated problems.

However, in some people, the compounds form crystals and then kidney stones. ResearchTrusted Source has shown that this is a particular problem if oxalate levels are high and urinary volume is low.

Yes, one cannot trust the many "experts" and "gurus" that have popped up on the Internet.  But by following them with interest one develops a sixth-sense of what, of whom to trust.  I have benefitted a lot from them, to the point that I think that I am now the healthiest in my whole life.  

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I gladly give up almonds in exchange for walnuts. and there are many great green veggies with very low oxalate content. 

I need to have been a little more specific. You can enjoy eating a variety of nuts and vegetables without having to give up almonds or spinach. Just like people, not all foods—like walnuts or green vegetables—are ideal. I won't delve any farther into it here.

I should come straight to my point.  Spinach and Almond have oxlates, but they could also help you purge them out of your body via their reach magnesium electrolytecs:-  Magnesium help to activate your vitamin D, wihtout which your Vitamin D is useless in your body.  Then, activated vitamin D aids in keeping your blood's calcium levels at a suitable level. This calcium will assist your body in eliminating oxalate. Furthermore, we require more electrolytes than to be concerned about oxalate, which might not occur in our lifetimes.   

With no pun intended, I hope this bodily eco-system provides some food for thought.

5 hours ago, Black Kitten said:

I should come straight to my point.  Spinach and Almond have oxlates, but they could also help you purge them out of your body via their reach magnesium electrolytecs:-  Magnesium help to activate your vitamin D, wihtout which your Vitamin D is useless in your body.  Then, activated vitamin D aids in keeping your blood's calcium levels at a suitable level. This calcium will assist your body in eliminating oxalate. Furthermore, we require more electrolytes than to be concerned about oxalate, which might not occur in our lifetimes.   

With no pun intended, I hope this bodily eco-system provides some food for thought.

I am taking supplement that includes magnesium threonate plus glycinate, malate, taurate, lactate, plus plenty of vitamin D3. I also eat foods rich in calcium.  So according to your theory I should not worry about oxalates.  So I will keep eating the almonds I have  ( after bleaching ).  As for spinach,  I can do without without problems.  Thanks for your advice.

Any enthusiastic physicist + mathematician here among the gays who will be seniors one day? 

I found a video about "solving the mystery of entropy",  something I have taken for granted after learning it in college years ago.  So I started watching it.  I got so fascinated, that I watched the whole 1 1/2 hour video with interest:

Here I discovered the person of Stephen Wolfram,  read his biography and the list of books he has written.  Amazing!  It never had occurred to me that empty space could be imagined as made up by discrete particles,  ha ha...  All this left me a little dizzy, plus a realization of how ignorant I am!  and how much I would like to know...  if I had another life. 

I also thought what could be in common between the intellect of Stephen Wolfram and Donald Trump.  :lol:  The ex-president portrays himself as so incredibly intelligent...   Now that the thread about USA Politics is closed,  I don't need to post about Trump anymore, and so give more attention to what is worthwhile...

I have to confess that I am a little vain,  something I think all we gays should be. :)   This includes the desire to show some nice teeth in the face,  even as a senior.  And there can be a smart desire to have nice healthy teeth with a minimum expense and pain in the works of dentists.

I have posted earlier some videos about good dental practices,  but nothing like the following one I discovered recently.  It all comes from a Dr. Mark Burheene, a family and sleep medicine expert who knows a lot about dentistry. I find that this doctor is health conscious and speaks with much knowledge,  worth listening to.  

So imagine...   there is also a mouth microbiome !!  He recommends toothpastes with nano-hydroxyapatite...  And he reaffirms my conviction in oil pulling and sleeping with a taped mouth!  Clever!  

You may want to listen to the +2 hours of this video, or open it in a separate window and look up the list of topics to find the ones that interest you.  But...  don't miss it...  if you have any teeth you want to keep healthy.  

• 2 weeks later...

For fellow gays who will be seniors one day and are afraid of it:   happiness is not exclusive of our youth, but on the contrary, it can be found unaltered and enhanced in the later years.  

Having been born in Buenos Aires 81 years ago,  something in the air had influenced my genes with a hidden emotional inclination to TANGO!, which I wasn't aware of.    Since early childhood I fell in love with Classical Music, a love lasting my whole life.  But in between the masterworks of Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin... Schubert,  another music from our modest neighbors surrounded us:  Classical TANGO.  

Today, the music and rhythm of TANGO, especially sung by Carlos Gardel, strongly stimulates my lacrimal glands as much as a Lied from Schubert.   The following video is an example of what today contributes to my happiness, unbeknown in my youth:

I am pleased by the quality of the added color to this old video, and the quality of its sound.  Which reminds me that: not all that is old becomes worthless!  😀:thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

If we spend some time "people watching",  we see older people but also younger ones that walk in in funny ways that don't look healthy.   in general, it is typical of people to have problems with their feet as they age. 

I like a video of the Cute Guy I saw recently,  where he suggests some exercises to do to maintain good functionality of our feet.  This may not be an issue now, but it can become one in older age,  so better be knowledgeable...

Since I am not young anymore, and also for my Aikido practice,  I am paying attention and taking care of my feet, my toes. I walk mostly barefoot at home, and I am looking at buying again some new shoes, those that are "minimalists", wide with thin soles, and also some socks with individual spaces for the toes.  Why not care for our feet when we take care of the rest of our body? 

Posted (edited)

AH!  IF I COULD BE YOUNG AGAIN !! 

No, it is not to have more sex.  Instead of the oil industry in the old days which offered me a way into a challenging job in the technology of a worldwide very important industry,  I would sell my soul to the devil to be able to have a relevant job in today's top notch semiconductor industry!

I am amazed by the MIRACLES that are happening in the fabrication of semiconductor integrated circuits. Some things unimaginable a few decades ago.  At the start of my career in electronics I worked with vacuum tubes. At that time it would have been a dream the idea of a modern CPU or memory chip. 

Micron or TSMC... The following video fills me with desires to be one of the individuals in these factories.  Cleanness up to the absurd, precision in advanced technology up to the limit, and also top IMPORTANCE to today's society. This seems to explain the push by China to take possession of the island of Taiwan...

WHY AM I BRINGING THIS UP?   I believe that there is a link between being gay and having a nerdy, creative mind.  So many creators, innovators in many fields have been and are gay,  something that not often gets revealed.  I am sure that among the young Asians busy with BW there are such creative gays, which have little knowledge and opportunities to find creative jobs.  To them I would say:  discover your potential, your passion, get the highest education possible in your field of choice, and do whatever necessary, including moving to other countries that are centers of technology, to get a dream job that will remain challenging forever. ( I suspect that among these men in the video covered from head to toe in protective garb are many cute Taiwanese who would be prime candidates for boyfriends.  Not only being clean, healthy, smart, but having a character of discipline, persistence, loyalty, etc. ) 

And Micron plus TSMC are not the only leaders.  Even above their level is another company that enables their leadership:  Dutch company ASML and its German supplier Carl Zeiss. 

Again, I would sell my soul to the devil to be a young professional with a career at ASML, ha ha.

What ASML has achieved is truly miraculous.  There may be nothing more valuable in the world today.  How come that China has not declared that the Netherlands were part of mainland China in a distant past, and the PRC has an ancient right of dominion over this country?  But China may be surrounding ASML with its more talented industrial spies to try to gain their knowledge and try to imitate them. 

This company is desperate to find talent, hundreds of professionals.  And it is hunting for talent worldwide. Their workforce is quite cosmopolitan, a sign that no race, no ethnic group, has an intellectual superiority over others ( by the way, America is also searching for talent to work on new semiconductor factories ).  Any young gay here interested in a dream work that will challenge them throughout life until becoming a successful happy senior one day? 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The following video fills me with desires to be one of the individuals in these factories.  Cleanness up to the absurd, precision in advanced technology up to the limit, and also IMPORTANCE to today's society. 

This can't be real! The Dirty Old Man, who doesn't shower for days and lives in a house so infested with rats that he has names for all of them, is now yearning to work in a CLEAN environment??? Someone ought to go check if Steve's account has been hacked!

😱

Posted (edited)

EXTRAORDINARY!   A book worth its weight in GOLD!

Please, forgive my enthusiasm.  Today I received a book I ordered "Super Gut",  by Dr. William Davis.  Yes, the same person I posted about here on February 5.  ( I hope @singalion will forgive me for still supporting this doctor)  This book is a best-seller, sign that there is a large audience interested in what this Dr. has to offer.  And I am one of them, practicing what he teaches.

And, why not?,  here is another video where he explains his findings about the "microbiome" and how to benefit from it. This is the best one, regardless of what Dr. Davis says,  because it has the most attractive host of all of them,  another "Cute Asian Guy".  This makes the long dissertation of the doctor more tolerable,  by watching the Cute Guy.  :) 

The book is one of the most comprehensive explanations of what modern nutrition is about, starting with the understanding of the importance of our metabolism,  and then delving into the latest about how we can benefit from having the right bacteria in our gut.  Dr. Davis started as a cardiologist, and years ago he added his investigations into the microbiome.  The book offers a menu of the different species of bacteria and what they can fix in ourselves.  If it is improved sleep, reduce inflammation, reduce arthritis pain, improve our mood, enhance clarity of mind, increase strength. It tells how to get hold of the bacteria, how to cultivate them, how much to ingest, etc. etc.    It can be a perfect guide for gays who want to be healthy and happy seniors one day.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Damaged
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

@singalion

The book is one of the most comprehensive explanations of what modern nutrition is about

Must have cost u a lot. No more kindle this time?

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Please, forgive my enthusiasm.  Today I received a book I ordered "Super Gut",  by Dr. William Davis.  Yes, the same person I posted about here on February 5.  ( I hope @singalion will forgive me for still supporting this doctor)  This book is a best-seller, sign that there is a large audience interested in what this Dr. has to offer.  And I am one of them, practicing what he teaches.

And, why not?,  here is another video where he explains his findings about the "microbiome" and how to benefit from it. This is the best one, regardless of what Dr. Davis says,  because it has the most attractive host of all of them,  another "Cute Asian Guy".  This makes the long dissertation of the doctor more tolerable,  by watching the Cute Guy.  :) 

The book is one of the most comprehensive explanations of what modern nutrition is about, starting with the understanding of the importance of our metabolism,  and then delving into the latest about how we can benefit from having the right bacteria in our gut.  Dr. Davis started as a cardiologist, and years ago he added his investigations into the microbiome.  The book offers a menu of the different species of bacteria and what they can fix in ourselves.  If it is improved sleep, reduce inflammation, reduce arthritis pain, improve our mood, enhance clarity of mind, increase strength. It tells how to get hold of the bacteria, how to cultivate them, how much to ingest, etc. etc.    It can be a perfect guide for gays who want to be healthy and happy seniors one day.

You are lucky that BW still doesn't have this reader advice box... warning people...

By the way there seems to be another new research saying that intermittent fasting is very bad also and causes more damage than good...

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Guest Damaged said:

Must have cost u a lot. No more kindle this time?

Not at all.  The cost of this paperback book is 15 dollars, less the Kindle version.  And some books I prefer to read holding in my hand sitting in my comfy chair instead of watching on a screen.   Have you watched the video?  

Edited by Steve5380

2 hours ago, singalion said:

You are lucky that BW still doesn't have this reader advice box... warning people...

By the way there seems to be another new research saying that intermittent fasting is very bad also and causes more damage than good...

Dear @singalion,  you are surely very intelligent.  Have you watched this video with the Cute Guy, ha ha?  Have you noticed the VAST KNOWLEDGE of this Dr. Davis?  Even the Cute Guy was impressed!   WHY would you let some cynicism or urge to contradict deprive you from the opportunity to tap into one of the modern trends of understanding of what keeps and improves our health?  Aren't you one of us gays who want to be a happy and healthy senior one day? 

Don't take my word for it!  Go and use your intelligence to research this topic yourself, get informed.  Read what Dr. Gundry, Dr. Perlmutter, Dr. Dale Bredesen, Dr. Thomas Seyfried and a couple more have discovered.  They all have published books, and beyond this, they publish their findings in YouTube videos. The are not quacks, they are medical doctors who, frustrated with the immoralities in the medical profession have gone further to become researchers, scientists, to help the human race ( and why not? by the way to help themselves too ).

About your "new research", which is wide open in the news, like in:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/cardiologists-tell-us-what-you-really-need-to-know-about-intermittent-fasting-and-heart-health/ar-BB1kwe2V

Cardiologists Tell Us What You Really Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting and Heart Health

New research on intermittent fasting made splashy headlines last week. The abstract, presented at an American Heart Association conference, found that intermittent fasting—specifically, the restriction of food consumption to an 8-hour period each day—was associated with a 91% increase in risk of cardiovascular death. 

his is shocking intel, not just because the statistic is so staggering, but because it flies in the face of what we’ve previously known to be true about the benefits of intermittent fasting, which would suggest it has the opposite impact on heart health. The practice, in fact, is supposed to be good for your heart.

This information leaked by the American Heart Association shows how corrupt this medical group is.  This abstract is a PRELIMINARY non-peer-reviewed interpretation of some statistical data that lacks all rigor. This medical group is also responsible for the mandate to the medical profession to prescribe harmful statin drugs for life, for whoever has some plaque in the arteries. There is increasing evidence that what is behind this is money.

If you really want to know what Cardiologists tell,  read the book of Dr. Davis,  HE IS A CARDIOLOGIST!! 

Guest Confusing us
47 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

The cost of this paperback book is 15 dollars

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

So it is not worth its weight in Gold, but $15.  Next time be very clear.

20 minutes ago, Guest Confusing us said:

So it is not worth its weight in Gold, but $15.  Next time be very clear.

LOL!   Any amount of Gold cannot affect your gut and improve your health like this $15 book does!

On the contrary, with the money from Gold that weights what the book does, you can go on a huge binge of food from hundreds of restaurants and eat tons of pizza, candy, chocolate cakes, and drink yourself into delirium tremens.

The choice is yours. 😄

15 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!   Any amount of Gold cannot affect your gut and improve your health like this $15 book does!

On the contrary, with the money from Gold that weights what the book does, you can go on a huge binge of food from hundreds of restaurants and eat tons of pizza, candy, chocolate cakes, and drink yourself into delirium tremens.

The choice is yours. 😄

Good to know about intermittentfasting..

Oh my God!  Watch this skater!!!

Could it be that teenager Ilia Malinin has been following Dr. William Davis' regime and eats every day tons of Lactobacillus Reuteri ???

Is it possible that he timed his champion-winning performance to be during the 16 hours of his intermittent fasting ???

:lol::lol::lol:

12 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Dear @singalion,  you are surely very intelligent.  Have you watched this video with the Cute Guy, ha ha?  Have you noticed the VAST KNOWLEDGE of this Dr. Davis?  Even the Cute Guy was impressed!   WHY would you let some cynicism or urge to contradict deprive you from the opportunity to tap into one of the modern trends of understanding of what keeps and improves our health?  Aren't you one of us gays who want to be a happy and healthy senior one day? 

Don't take my word for it!  Go and use your intelligence to research this topic yourself, get informed.  Read what Dr. Gundry, Dr. Perlmutter, Dr. Dale Bredesen, Dr. Thomas Seyfried and a couple more have discovered.  They all have published books, and beyond this, they publish their findings in YouTube videos. The are not quacks, they are medical doctors who, frustrated with the immoralities in the medical profession have gone further to become researchers, scientists, to help the human race ( and why not? by the way to help themselves too ).

About your "new research", which is wide open in the news, like in:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/cardiologists-tell-us-what-you-really-need-to-know-about-intermittent-fasting-and-heart-health/ar-BB1kwe2V

Cardiologists Tell Us What You Really Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting and Heart Health

New research on intermittent fasting made splashy headlines last week. The abstract, presented at an American Heart Association conference, found that intermittent fasting—specifically, the restriction of food consumption to an 8-hour period each day—was associated with a 91% increase in risk of cardiovascular death. 

his is shocking intel, not just because the statistic is so staggering, but because it flies in the face of what we’ve previously known to be true about the benefits of intermittent fasting, which would suggest it has the opposite impact on heart health. The practice, in fact, is supposed to be good for your heart.

This information leaked by the American Heart Association shows how corrupt this medical group is.  This abstract is a PRELIMINARY non-peer-reviewed interpretation of some statistical data that lacks all rigor. This medical group is also responsible for the mandate to the medical profession to prescribe harmful statin drugs for life, for whoever has some plaque in the arteries. There is increasing evidence that what is behind this is money.

If you really want to know what Cardiologists tell,  read the book of Dr. Davis,  HE IS A CARDIOLOGIST!! 

Sure Steve, I am sufficiently intelligent to realise that certain things might be healthier than others.

The issues are

a) that many self proclaimed specialists claim certain things due to commercial reasons. Most of your medical experts have a huge range of byproducts that they sell off. I know this is the US.

European doctors are disallowed from selling medical products (anyway these doctors are one of the highest earners already). The only doctors that sell by products are dentists in selling super soft toothbrushes and other teeth cleaning tools.

=> However, a lot of these products by the US doctors sold off in their stores or online might be just financial greed...

b) Even certain practised therapies or medical treatments are in dispute and with contradicting results but without sufficient background knowledge doctors take the risk to undergo such surgeries. (and I m not talking about hydroxychloroquine and Covid here!)

The point I tried to make was:

People with the stated medical preconditions may consult their doctors first whether intermittent fasting is suitable for them or causing life threatening risks.

I assume for most who do not have these pre-conditions, intermittent fasting should be fine.

Whether they guarantee the health benefits to  them, may be a different question but they shouldn't cause harm for the usual healthy person.

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Oh my God!  Watch this skater!!!

Could it be that teenager Ilia Malinin has been following Dr. William Davis' regime and eats every day tons of Lactobacillus Reuteri ???

Is it possible that he timed his champion-winning performance to be during the 16 hours of his intermittent fasting ???

:lol::lol::lol:

the video is blocked in Singapore...

8 hours ago, singalion said:

the video is blocked in Singapore...

My empathy for the restrictions you have to experience in Singapore.   There is a way around this:

Search on the Internet (google) "Ilia Malinin",  and you will get a page full of articles and pictures about this amazing teenager.

8 hours ago, singalion said:

The point I tried to make was:

People with the stated medical preconditions may consult their doctors first whether intermittent fasting is suitable for them or causing life threatening risks.

I assume for most who do not have these pre-conditions, intermittent fasting should be fine.

Whether they guarantee the health benefits to  them, may be a different question but they shouldn't cause harm for the usual healthy person.

Thank you for your good point.  Not everyone should jump into an intermittent fasting routine.

The recent "nutritional gurus" who push for intermittent fasting clearly warn that it requires a certain metabolic flexibility, so that when digestion is over and glucose disappears, the body can switch to the consumption of ketones. 

For those who have an inflexible metabolism, insulin insensitivity, like those with diabetes, obesity,  the recommendation is to reach the 16 hour fasting slow and PROGRESSIVELY,  by, for example, start ending dinner earlier little-by-little,  and then start delaying breakfast little-by-little,  so that the usual fasting of 8 hours during sleep is extended over the course of weeks to the 16 hours of int. fasting.  It is especially important that the time between the end of dinner  ( that is, the end of eating ANY food including snacks ) and going to bed, be extended as much as possible.  A 3 hour delay should become a minimum, to help having good sleep.

And by ultimately attaining the 16 or so hours of fasting, and making some healthy adjustments to the diet,  there is plenty of evidence that pre-diabetes and even full diabetes start to recede, and eventually disappear.  WHY doctors are not empowered to prescribe this treatment ???

I just found a video that I think is a good example for younger gays:

This man at 81 is exactly the same age as I am.  But here the similarities end, except for a few more...

I can live an excellent life in America, able to spend much more than $1500/month,  probably for the rest of my life. This man looks to be in good health, although he shows his age and has a big belly.  I managed to go beyond this, to look like I could be... his son, ha ha.

He is smart to travel to countries where the cost of living is much lower than in the US,  therefore enjoys a decent standard of life with his income.  He also gets to see the world, with many interesting experiences.  I have also seen a lot of the world, and have less interest in traveling around.  I enjoy the activities I am having now, with little time to spare.

What is the other similarity?   We are both HAPPY at our age.   We are both fully functional,  not in a wheel chair with oxygen tank and heart monitor.  He surely eats better than the horrible American diet, and so do I.   He has many plans for his future life,  and so do I.  He has had many intellectual activities that keep his mind sharp.    

What is there to be afraid about becoming a senior ???  Live smartly, and one day join us in our good life.  :) 

This senior was so pleased to learn that Yundi Li, one of his favorite pianists, is starting to pay more attention to Mozart's music.

In this video, Yundi talks about his likeness of Mozart since he was a child. This happened to me too, when at about 8 y.o. I learned on the piano of a neighbor to play the Turkish March he plays in this video.  Unfortunately for me, there was no money for a piano in my family. 

Now at 41 Yundi appears a little more mature, with less of his flashy youth.  But he still looks in good shape, no belly, and still a twinky delicate appearance that seems to confirm the suspicions when he was "befriended" to this guy Wang Leehom.  Yes, he may not be very straight.   His artistic excellence may also confirm that he is one-of-us.  :) 

His great technique could be an overkill for the somewhat simple music of Mozart,  but it is great. 

Watching Yundi at 41, who would think that he is an "uncle"?  So, gays, don't think that this age is beyond YOUTH! 

I keep finding videos on YouTube that BLOW MY MIND!   ( am I losing my mind being blown away?...)

A scanning electron beam microscope that magnifies 20 million times?  I always wanted to know how this works:

Starting with general electron microscopy:

and something even more fascinating:

Thinking how the young guy in the video happened to land in this activity, some early times came to memory.  As a child, I was one of those idealistic guys dreaming about doing big things.  This was before gay sex came into the picture.  And this idealism,  among a sad lack of gay or other sex,  guided me through high school and college.  And after some minor technical employments, I landed on the job that ultimately satisfied my idealism and passion. 

I am sure that I was not the only twinky gay nerd who dreamed like that.  There must be young gays here at BW who were also like that, who have the intelligence that seems to come with being gay.  Did it occur to you that with some right qualifications it is not so difficult to find a job that is fulfilling, that one would do regardless of pay?

One can take it easy, enjoy a high flying youth and sex, and land in a regular office work,  shuffling papers while wondering if the guy on the next desk will get a promotion instead of oneself, or not.  Then, after 30 years of doing this, there is a perspective of a good retirement.   OR... one can make some effort, study hard especially in SG where higher education is promoted so well,  and eventually find in SG or overseas a job that offers interest and passion.

It is not necessary to go as far as working at the edge of science, be it cosmology or microscopy.  It is sufficient to work on something that draws our CREATIVITY.  This is usually a little more technical, technological, than just making money.

Guest Oops!

I keep finding videos on YouTube that BLOW MY MIND!   ( am I losing my mind being blown away?...)

A scanning electron beam microscope that magnifies 20 million times?  I always wanted to know how this works:

Starting with general electron microscopy:

How relevant is this for "Gay who will be seniors one day.  My interest is sewing and dancing. Oops!

3 minutes ago, Guest Oops! said:

How relevant is this for "Gay who will be seniors one day.  My interest is sewing and dancing. Oops!

Hopefully all Gays will be Seniors one day!    So among all Gays, surely this is relevant to one or more.

Even to you, since you cannot sew and dance the 24 hours of the day.  Some time you may have available to study electron microscopy?   Although you can always perfect your dancing and become a Principal Dancer at the Bolshoi Theater.

Guest Ang Mo shuold try
On 3/26/2024 at 11:06 AM, Steve5380 said:

Talking about Asian,  I find this very good to aid digestion, clearing of throat and may be....promote good gut bacterias?  It is a century old traditional Chinese tibit.  You should try some after a meal or to promote your appetite for meal after medication or when you felt nauseous on a car ride with vomitting spell.  This stuff might just provide some comfort to keep you awake,   Not sure you can find it in Chinatown.  It is dried plum seasoned with sweet,sour and salty natural elements.  Centuries old provened no side effect. 

IMG-20240408-191535.jpg

IMG-20240408-191633.jpg

1 hour ago, Guest Ang Mo shuold try said:

Talking about Asian,  I find this very good to aid digestion, clearing of throat and may be....promote good gut bacterias?  It is a century old traditional Chinese tibit.  You should try some after a meal or to promote your appetite for meal after medication or when you felt nauseous on a car ride with vomitting spell.  This stuff might just provide some comfort to keep you awake,   Not sure you can find it in Chinatown.  It is dried plum seasoned with sweet,sour and salty natural elements.  Centuries old provened no side effect. 

IMG-20240408-191535.jpg

IMG-20240408-191633.jpg

Thank you for the suggestion.   One more fermented probiotic I didn't know about, that seems to be healthy. 

Yes, I will try these preserved seedless plums.  Amazon has a large variety of them. 

Guest Not Sure Amazon
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Thank you for the suggestion.   One more fermented probiotic I didn't know about, that seems to be healthy. 

Yes, I will try these preserved seedless plums.  Amazon has a large variety of them. 

Make sure you buy the right one.  Each individually wrapped with paper shown in the picture.  The preserved fruit must also be a little moist, not dried. 

4 hours ago, Guest Not Sure Amazon said:

Make sure you buy the right one.  Each individually wrapped with paper shown in the picture.  The preserved fruit must also be a little moist, not dried. 

OK.  I have seen some exactly like in your picture,  not on Amazon but available.

Now I have to stop posting because...  now at 2PM I am in the middle of the eclipse in Houston, now passing over my head,  and although it is completely clouded here without any clear view of the sun,  it may affect my gut in some esoteric way.  But no,  my gut feels great thanks to the bacteria I eat daily.  :)

Guest Next Time

I am in the middle of the eclipse in Houston,  it is completely clouded here without any clear view of the sun,

Oh No, NO, No!!!!!   You are going to miss the full experience of the solar eclipse. 

Oh well,  next time then.  Probably another 50 years.  Don't lose hope.

3 hours ago, Guest Next Time said:

Oh No, NO, No!!!!!   You are going to miss the full experience of the solar eclipse. 

Oh well,  next time then.  Probably another 50 years.  Don't lose hope.

The next full solar eclipse in the US is predicted to happen in 21 years.  By then, I will get a good view from above the clouds,  from heaven!  😀

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.