Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

I have written a lot about old age recently,  to the frustration of a Moderator who finds that I am getting off topic too much.  So I hope he will let me write about old age in a thread that deals specifically with it. 

To start with, here is a video that discusses our brain.  It is nice to reach old age still good looking and physically functional.  But nothing is more important to preserve than our mental health.  A person with dementia, Alzheimer disease, is really, really sad. And this is usually associated with old age. 

"Dementia is preventable through lifestyle. Start now."  is a TED type video by an expert in the field.  Yet he gives a disclaimer that he is not giving medical advice.  But in my irrelevant opinion, he touches on many proven facts.  And he speaks of the benefits of FASTING,  one of my favorites lately, ha ha.  Bon Appetit!

Oh puliz...... Not again? 

The more you write about how you are not afraid of old age, the more your are telling us that you are indeed worried enough for it to occupy your mind day in and day out. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:20 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have written a lot about old age recently,  to the frustration of a Moderator who finds that I am getting off topic too much.  So I hope he will let me write about old age in a thread that deals specifically with it. 

Why waste your time preaching to people who are not interested, especially in the wrong topics. 

You get your audiences when you preach the right toipic to the right group, otherwise, you only get people to dislike you like those pushy sale person or preaching religious people, etc.

Since you had created your own topic, please stop diverting topic in the future!

On 12/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, G_M said:

Why waste your time preaching to people who are not interested, especially in the wrong topics. 

You get your audiences when you preach the right toipic to the right group, otherwise, you only get people to dislike you like those pushy sale person or preaching religious people, etc.

Since you had created your own topic, please stop diverting topic in the future!

Wise Moderator,  I will follow your advice.  I will see that I keep my preaching about how to prepare for and deal with old age to this topic.

Maybe the right topic for the right group here is sex, cocks, how to bottom, how to top, cruising, saunas, and much more.  I have written about these, but there are here much better preachers of such topics, of which I am only a minor league player.   But in the topic of old age I have, naturally, some authority that comes with experience.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:05 PM, Steve5380 said:

Wise Moderator,  I will follow your advice.  I will see that I keep my preaching about how to prepare for and deal with old age to this topic.

Maybe the right topic for the right group here is sex, cocks, how to bottom, how to top, cruising, saunas, and much more.  I have written about these, but there are here much better preachers of such topics, of which I am only a minor league player.   But in the topic of old age I have, naturally, some authority that comes with experience.

There you go again. Why should you care what others think is right or wrong or what topic they want to focus on. 

Please focus on your topic and never knows, you might get an invite to Ted Talks when you becomes a professor in the topic of growing old!

On 12/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, Guest Guest said:

Oh puliz...... Not again? 

The more you write about how you are not afraid of old age, the more your are telling us that you are indeed worried enough for it to occupy your mind day in and day out. 

Yes, again, dear Guest.  And I have forewarned that the stuff here should concern you only if you plan to make it into older age.   So you can stop occupying your mind day in and day out with criticizing me on anything I post.

I am very pleased with older age, to the point that I think that it is becoming the happiest period in my life.  What I do here is trying to encourage fellow gays who are afraid of old age to look into it and realize that it is worth to lose the fear and see it as something worthwhile.  While the alternative may not be so great, unless you are impatient to reach the afterlife.

Guest Wrinkly looking

I kinda agree with Steve about his preventative measures. The only thing I don't agree with him is about doing Botox and surgery. Wrinkles can be beautiful. It painted a rich history about that person and every line tells a story. Same for a dick, it changes its tone and texture thru the years and still look gorgeous thru our naked eyes

On 12/30/2021 at 10:16 PM, Guest guest said:

Sometimes I wonder if some older AJs went off the radar due to dementia. I have never met a senior AJ who has early stage dementia.

Interesting observation!  I also have known many older AJs,  some more or less happy, but none with dementia.  All the persons with dementia I know and have known are straight.  Could we have been blessed with something else, in addition to good looks, intelligence and vocation for the arts?

Edited by Steve5380

• G_M changed the title to For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!
On 12/31/2021 at 12:05 PM, Steve5380 said:

Maybe the right topic for the right group here is sex, cocks, how to bottom, how to top, cruising, saunas, and much more.

Could be because gays get their synapses fired up with dopamine from seeking pleasures all the time that's why they don't get dementia?

Depression is linked to dementia. And depression is rampant in the lgbt communities (triggers: internalised homophobia, self doubt, guilt, etc. You name it, ‘we’ have it). Being gay is stressful enough. Cannot imagine how life will be as an elderly gay.. (key to me now is financial-health + physical-mental-health) 

Guest Steve's Advisor
On 12/31/2021 at 12:38 PM, G_M said:

Now that you get your own topic : For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic

Manage it well and stay out of other topics!

Thanks Admin!

Hi Steve, I actually blocked you to avoid reading your comments in the posts I'm following.

However, when others replied to out-of-context posts, the entire thread went out of topic and some die prematurely.

Not only that, can you imagine if one person wasted 1 min of his life reading your non-relevant comments and your royal trolls, how much lifespan of the members is wasted when you are practically in every single thread.

If you do not have a new year resolution for 2022, here's one for you. Keep your comments to this post specially set up for you. Don't make life difficult for others, it's already very hard now.

Happy New Year!

Guest Outcast

Gay with dementia won't be able to use computer to tell u about it.  Thus you won't know. But there are greater issue, they probably disappear for many reasons no one knew.  May be other priority ihas became more of their concerns than to be out and about displaying their gay presence and other possibility could also be they sought some forms of religious refuge and not to be seen publicly.  I am more worried majority have accepted rejection in old age and beacame an elusive lone wolf outside the system.  

On 12/31/2021 at 1:24 PM, Guest Steve's Advisor said:

Thanks Admin!

Hi Steve, I actually blocked you to avoid reading your comments in the posts I'm following.

However, when others replied to out-of-context posts, the entire thread went out of topic and some die prematurely.

Not only that, can you imagine if one person wasted 1 min of his life reading your non-relevant comments and your royal trolls, how much lifespan of the members is wasted when you are practically in every single thread.

If you do not have a new year resolution for 2022, here's one for you. Keep your comments to this post specially set up for you. Don't make life difficult for others, it's already very hard now.

Happy New Year!

truly agree. i alway skip any topic this steve start 1, sibeh waste time n alway go out of topic wif his nonsense.

now ah steve, u got ur own topic, can stop going other topic to tok nonsense.

u so old aldy still have no awareness, most ppl here rlly dislike u la, yet u still think u humorous, sibeh lau-kui la.

Guest ROBERT DOWNEY.
On 12/31/2021 at 10:20 AM, Steve5380 said:

To start with, here is a video that discusses our brain.  It is nice to reach old age still good looking and physically functional.  But nothing is more important to preserve than our mental health.  A person with dementia, Alzheimer disease, is really, really sad. And this is usually associated with old age. 

"Dementia is preventable through lifestyle. Start now."  is a TED type video by an expert in the field.  Yet he gives a disclaimer that he is not giving medical advice.  But in my irrelevant opinion, he touches on many proven facts.  And he speaks of the benefits of FASTING,  one of my favorites lately, ha ha.  Bon Appetit!

Focus on ailments that affect men beginning in their mid 50s. 

ED, prostate enlargement,  frequent night urination, loss of muscle mass, sarcopenia, loss of body hair as testosterone levels decline,  which doctor to see for ageing problems,  do you need to see an endocrinologist,  geriatric medicine, building and maintaining muscle in your later years. 

Love in your twilight, Autumn and Summer age difference relationships,  facing terminal illness, how to exit life. 

Many many topics to cover......

Please feel free to add on.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:38 PM, G_M said:

Now that you get your own topic : For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic

Manage it well and stay out of other topics!

Thank you Moderator.  You have already put my name to several threads.  

But I don't deserve to " be the owner " of any thread.  All I do is merely to start a conversation.   All the threads belong to you and the other Moderators, since you have absolute control over them.

And no gay person should be restricted or restrict himself to a single topic, but our interests should encompass the whole universe, and be a universalist like Leonardo da Vinci. ( by the way, wasn't he also gay? ).  Besides, I also have to take care of the child in me,  who is not interested in old age except with humor.  But I will respect your wishes and propagate and discuss the issues relevant to seniors in this thread.  Maybe you could rename it  "Geriatric Thread" ?,  although this would give it a somber connotation.

Edited by Steve5380

On 12/30/2021 at 11:24 PM, Guest Steve's Advisor said:

Thanks Admin!

Happy New Year!

How can you be a Steve's Advisor when you block all my posts?  You should read all of them and follow me so that you can advise on how to correct my serious shortcomings, my malevolence, my perversions, my abominations.  And you should post after me and return threads to their original topics if you feel that I diverge from them.  But also recognize the ASSOCIATIVE power of our brains that make strong connections between topics, keeping our minds flexible.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:36 PM, GachiMuchi said:

Could be because gays get their synapses fired up with dopamine from seeking pleasures all the time that's why they don't get dementia?

We have never heard of this prevention of dementia theory before at BW.  You should claim ownership if it.   It gives a beautiful justification of the gay lifestyle, which should be used to confront the condemnation of homosexuality by the sanctimonious.  This reinforces the belief of some of us that the attractiveness of sex exists in us not only to stimulate procreation but also to give us a free unlimited source of joy, of pleasure,  like we are given free and unlimited the air to breathe.

On the other side of the coin, it is known that dementia dooms pleasure.  This means that even if we are gay, we should take the best precautions to avoid dementia:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/04/210412101903.htm

Edited by Steve5380

On 12/30/2021 at 10:14 PM, Guest Wrinkly looking said:

I kinda agree with Steve about his preventative measures. The only thing I don't agree with him is about doing Botox and surgery. Wrinkles can be beautiful. It painted a rich history about that person and every line tells a story. Same for a dick, it changes its tone and texture thru the years and still look gorgeous thru our naked eyes

Thanks for agreeing.  And I agree with you in that I also like to see old people looking very old.  This increases my respect for them, since the wrinkles are the badges of honor of a senior that indicate wiseness and resilience to make it through the penury of being a living creature.

I wish you a long life before you start to have any issue with wrinkles.  By then, you will still find the wrinkles OF OTHERS beautiful.  But will you feel the same about your own wrinkles?   Unless you want to be wrinkled to draw the respect and consideration given to seniors, especially in Asia and not so much in the US, you may find that each time you see your reflection in the mirror, it takes away some of the youthful feeling of being still healthy and able to do whatever you want.  And it can happen that you even FEEL some deep wrinkles and tensions in your face.  Believe me,  Botox is not such a bad thing!

Steve5380 you could do a youtube series or zoom webinars on this topic!

Actually you are the first guy who is writing his memoirs openly in a forum...

Unfortunately nobody is paying you millions in advance for your memoirs like what they did for Clinton or Obama...

I wish you all the best for your future endeavours...

Health, success and happiness.. 

Guest Botoxicity
On 1/1/2022 at 12:06 AM, Steve5380 said:

Unless you want to be wrinkled to draw the respect and consideration given to seniors, especially in Asia and not so much in the US, you may find that each time you see your reflection in the mirror, it takes away some of the youthful feeling of being still healthy and able to do whatever you want. 

We should all walk by faith, not by sight.   I am sure you are familiar with that?

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2021 at 6:30 PM, Guest Botoxicity said:

We should all walk by faith, not by sight.   I am sure you are familiar with that?

Yes, I have heard this phrase from Corinthians 5.7.  It is a favorite of Christianity proselytizing which gives it the meaning that we should prioritize religious faith over what our eyes see.  The truth is that we should walk by faith AND by sight.  We should see where we are going, so that in every step we can have faith that there is a solid ground under our feet and don't need to keep looking down at our feet all the time.  The ideal walking posture is body straight, head up but with chin down, looking straight ahead, keeping awareness of the ground and surroundings with our peripheral vision.

Are you a Christian preacher?  Please give us some blessings for the coming 2022! :)

Edited by Steve5380

On 12/31/2021 at 11:14 AM, Steve5380 said:

I am very pleased with older age, to the point that I think that it is becoming the happiest period in my life.

What? Do you seriously expect readers to believe that? You have told us soooo many times about how you love your son, adore your grandchildren, had 20 or so years with your loving and beloved boyfriend - yet old age "is becoming the happiest period of your life"?

I'm sure we'd like to know - if old age is the happiest, on what scale of happiness were/are the others? Lesser, obviously! Not a very good prescription for living IMHO. Just hang on till you are 80 guys and your life will be oh so wonderful!

And Happy New Year to all!

Edited by InBangkok

On 12/31/2021 at 9:23 PM, InBangkok said:

What? Do you seriously expect readers to believe that? You have told us soooo many times about how you love your son, adore your grandchildren, had 20 or so years with your loving and beloved boyfriend - yet old age "is becoming the happiest period of your life"?

I'm sure we'd like to know - if old age is the happiest, on what scale of happiness were/are the others? Lesser, obviously! Not a very good prescription for living IMHO. Just hang on till you are 80 guys and your life will be oh so wonderful!

And Happy New Year to all!

Ha ha ha... you could not resist to scold me in this thread too!  :lol:.  Don't forget that happiness is a FEELING,  not necessarily related to external events.

But Happy New Year to you too! :) 

Maybe very adequate for breakfast on the 1st of January of the new year,  here is some advice about what is good and not so good for breakfast.

Although Dr. Paradip Jamnadas looks like a Hindu hippie, and in my modest opinion would be much more credible without all that facial hair and funny cap,  HE IS a knowledgeable cardiologist.  So, thinking about the day I will be a senior,  I pay attention to his advice. 

On 12/31/2021 at 9:20 AM, Steve5380 said:

So @Steve5380 posts a video that is certainly not strictly accurate and then states "he is not giving medical dadvice". So it is quackery, pure and simple! Purely his "irrelevant" advice as a non-medical quack. @Steve5380 mentions nothing about hereditary dementia (fact!), certain geographical areas being more prone to dementia (fact), dementia being more common in those with hearing loss (fact), cardio vascular disease leading to a greater chance of getting dementia (fact), more women than men getting dementia (fact). those with a smaller cognitave reserve being at higher risk of dementia (fact), those suffering periods of depression being more at rick of dementia (fact), certain forms of air pollution can result in dementia (fact).

Dementia is not preventable. Alzheimers is not preventable. It is true that certain activities - re foods we eat and exercise - can reduce the possibility of exposure to these horrible diseases. But to suggest they are, as the heading of that video states, "preventable" is nonsense!

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2021 at 9:46 PM, InBangkok said:

Dementia is not preventable. Alzheimers is not preventable. It is true that certain activities - re foods we eat and exercise - can reduce the possibility of exposure to these horrible diseases. But to suggest they are, as the heading of that video states, "preventable" is nonsense!

You are right.  Nothing could have prevented your dementia!  :(   Perhaps because it is a product of your personality?

Oh... but have a look at this:

https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/research_progress/prevention

Maybe it is not too late for you.  And  Happy New Year!  :) 

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/1/2022 at 10:33 AM, Steve5380 said:

Don't forget that happiness is a FEELING,  not necessarily related to external events.

Agreed. But what you have told readers is that you are at your happiest now than you were when you were with your lover of 20 years whose sad passing you lamented over many dozens of posts on BW. You may be more content that your life is now closer to approaching its natural close sooner rather than later. Content, I can understand. Happiest? I find that very hard to believe.

On 1/1/2022 at 10:51 AM, Steve5380 said:

You are right.  Nothing could have prevented your dementia!  :(   Perhaps because it is a product of your personality?

I think you parrot on a bit like Shakespeare's Jacques in "As You Like It". You know - the one with The Seven Ages of Man Soliloqy which begins "All the World's a Stage and all the Men and Women merely Players." This concludes, you no doubt recall, "Last scene of all, that ends this strange eventful history, is second childishness."

Why are you so childish in your responses when you cannot come up with a reasonable one? You may wish I suffered from dementia. I don't!

On 12/31/2021 at 9:58 PM, InBangkok said:

Agreed. But what you have told readers is that you are at your happiest now than you were when you were with your lover of 20 years whose sad passing you lamented over many dozens of posts on BW. You may be more content that your life is now closer to approaching its natural close sooner rather than later. Content, I can understand. Happiest? I find that very hard to believe.

Oh,  it is simply that you haven't yet discovered that happiness is a feeling that can be cultivated and enhanced.  This is what has happened to me in the last years. I loved my bf very much, but seeing how he was deteriorating in his disability was not a happy experience.  I am an agnostic, but I like to entertain the idea that somehow in an afterlife my bf is doing something that makes me more happy, and he has become my Guardian Angel.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:04 PM, InBangkok said:

I think you parrot on a bit like Shakespeare's Jacques in "As You Like It". You know - the one with The Seven Ages of Man Soliloqy which begins "All the World's a Stage and all the Men and Women merely Players." This concludes, you no doubt recall, "Last scene of all, that ends this strange eventful history, is second childishness."

Why are you so childish in your responses when you cannot come up with a reasonable one? You may wish I suffered from dementia. I don't!

I don't wish you any dementia!   But I have no other explanation of why you are trolling me to scold me.  This must be a form of dementia, maybe one of these you tagged as (fact),  ha ha.

I am not being childish.  I just have found a better way to deal with you than just telling you to FUCK OFF.  And here the child in me helps this too.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:14 AM, Steve5380 said:

I am not being childish.  I just have found a better way to deal with you than just telling you to FUCK OFF.  And here the child in me helps this too.

You are "not being childish" - but "the child" in you . . . A word of advice in the spirit of the New Year. Make up our mind! 

I hope other readers are not being taken in by the quackery being promoted in this thread. No matter how well meaning, much of those videos are a load of tosh of zero interest to those who are in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. To those, along with New Year greetings, i will only say only this - enjoy your life - all your life. That is by far the best advice and the best tonic.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:24 AM, G_M said:

On 12/31/2021 at 11:05 AM, Steve5380 said:

Oh dear! Again you mislead. You have told us you don't like being top or bottom because you utterly dislike both practices. So why would you even wish to talk about it here, I wonder?

As for being "a minor league player" in gay Asian saunas, that has to be a New Year's joke coming from a man who for many years spent his summer vacations in Singapore - and occasionally in other Asian cities - with the sole objective of spending as much time as possible in gay saunas. No sightseeing, no concerts, no galleries, no cruising - merely saunas. Coming also from a man who wrote on 4/25/2019 that he estimated he had had "about 2,600 gay sexual partners", I'd think you must be something of an expert. But then you did start that post by writing, "I am in my 70s, so my memory is failing rapidly." So we'll make allowances.

Yet, you also added in a post on August 21 2020 that -

"People in their 80s and beyond (and some much earlier) are not interested in sex any more, and they don't miss it. Instead they may feel free of the need for sex."

So as you are now in your 80th year, why would you even wish to consider discussing sex? I can't think. Better do as the Moderator requested and stick to senior topics.

Guest Botoxicity
On 1/1/2022 at 8:51 AM, Steve5380 said:

Are you a Christian preacher?  Please give us some blessings for the coming 2022! :)

I wish that InBangkok spares bithcing with you in 2022.  I wish that you live until 120 years and still going strong.   I wish that pandemic is over and we have a new PM, a good-hearted, brave, manly and less greedy one. I wish that our opposition can get on their feet again, and grew stronger than before.  I wish that I can do intermittent fasting, at least once in 2022.  I wish to become wealthier.   I wish everyone here is happy, rich (no need to work anymore), healthy, looking young (no botox needed)  and find their life-long & loving  partner.   I wish all these wishes come true.  GOD has send his BLESSINGS here!!!!  Receive HIS GIFT, in the name of JESUS CHRIST!!!   

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!

Are you happy with all my wishes and blessings or do you still want more?  Just ask, because the HOUSE OF THE LORD is rich and abundant.

On 1/1/2022 at 4:39 AM, Guest Botoxicity said:

I wish that InBangkok spares bithcing with you in 2022.  I wish that you live until 120 years and still going strong.   I wish that pandemic is over and we have a new PM, a good-hearted, brave, manly and less greedy one. I wish that our opposition can get on their feet again, and grew stronger than before.  I wish that I can do intermittent fasting, at least once in 2022.  I wish to become wealthier.   I wish everyone here is happy, rich (no need to work anymore), healthy, looking young (no botox needed)  and find their life-long & loving  partner.   I wish all these wishes come true.  GOD has send his BLESSINGS here!!!!  Receive HIS GIFT, in the name of JESUS CHRIST!!!   

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!

Are you happy with all my wishes and blessings or do you still want more?  Just ask, because the HOUSE OF THE LORD is rich and abundant.

Botoxicity, I am very pleased with your wishes and I wish the same.  I wish especially that the HOUSE OF THE LORD listens to you and fulfills all your desires.  AMEN!!!!!!

Now that I came back from the gym early in the morning I am ready to eat breakfast, my first meal of this year, and I won't contradict Dr Pradip Jamnadas's recommendations.  Soon it will be time of lunch,  which perhaps I make a combination lunch/dinner.  So I want to see what this Indian doctor has to say about that:

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2021 at 11:37 PM, InBangkok said:

Yet, you also added in a post on August 21 2020 that -

"People in their 80s and beyond (and some much earlier) are not interested in sex any more, and they don't miss it. Instead they may feel free of the need for sex."

So as you are now in your 80th year, why would you even wish to consider discussing sex?    I can't think.    Better do as the Moderator requested and stick to senior topics.

August 2020... this is long time ago.  My opinions can change at any time, sign that I learn new things.  I am not in my 80th year yet, still some time until then. So I may still have a need for sex.

You wrote I can't think. !!!   This is serious (!!!!)  

May the blessings Guest Botoxicity wished for us descend on you,  and may God do something to remove the fog in your demented brain that keeps you from thinking.  May he also undo the loss of pleasure that came with your dementia,  and allow you to continue your globe trotting to get some joy listening to the live music you like. :thumb:    Then, with some thinking and joy restored, you may not need to do this stupid trolling after me, and instead you can stay busy enjoying your music away from here. :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve5380

On 12/31/2021 at 12:16 PM, Guest guest said:

Sometimes I wonder if some older AJs went off the radar due to dementia. I have never met a senior AJ who has early stage dementia.

A lot of AJs are closeted or live alone with hardly any true friends. This is one of the reason why some AJ suddenly disappears without a trace. The only way through this obstacles is to find lots of AJ friends and through it hopefully got some that are worthy true friends. If cant find worthy true friends, just continue to make more friends and continue find and dont give up

On 12/31/2021 at 11:01 PM, InBangkok said:

I hope other readers are not being taken in by the quackery being promoted in this thread. No matter how well meaning, much of those videos are a load of tosh of zero interest to those who are in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. To those, along with New Year greetings, i will only say only this - enjoy your life - all your life. That is by far the best advice and the best tonic.

Thank God that you don't have children to whom pass on your abysmal advice.  The 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s, besides being enjoyed, should also be a preparation for the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 100s and beyond.

Since you are in your 60s and possibly your 70s,  this thread is also for you.  So read the following article, and get your ass off the couch.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/health/how-to-boost-metabolism-wellness/index.html

On 1/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, yoyo74 said:

A lot of AJs are closeted or live alone with hardly any true friends. This is one of the reason why some AJ suddenly disappears without a trace. The only way through this obstacles is to find lots of AJ friends and through it hopefully got some that are worthy true friends. If cant find worthy true friends, just continue to make more friends and continue find and dont give up

You may have a good point on why AJs suddenly disappear without a trace.  Could it be a good activity for us to collect good Karma to try to localize the disappeared AJs to see if they can get a new lease on life by befriending them and helping them to overcome the fear of leaving the closet, or make it less restrictive?

Guest What???????
On 1/2/2022 at 12:16 AM, yoyo74 said:

Staying in the closet is very calming and peaceful.  While you advocate about getting them out of the closet, it also also mean they have to face adventures and challenge of being re-accepted, rejected again, and things that forced them back to the closet.  If someone could not enlarge his social circle thru making friends while they were young, bold and full of adrenalin,  what makes you think it can happen when they became old, beaten and learned?

On 1/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, Guest What??????? said:

Staying in the closet is very calming and peaceful.  While you advocate about getting them out of the closet, it also also mean they have to face adventures and challenge of being re-accepted, rejected again, and things that forced them back to the closet.  If someone could not enlarge his social circle thru making friends while they were young, bold and full of adrenalin,  what makes you think it can happen when they became old, beaten and learned?

Maybe after they become old, beaten and learned,  they learn to recognize TRUE friends, and not just friends they are hot over.

Dementia and Alzheimers are ghastly diseases than can and do wreck families. You have now accused me of suffering from dementia twice. That is the lowest of the low. These relatively common and incurable diseases should be left to doctors and experts and not to quack youtube videos posted in a chat room.

Edited by InBangkok

On 1/2/2022 at 10:01 AM, Guest What??????? said:

The crux is self-acceptance. (Whether one chooses to exit the closet or not is secondary; almost ceremonious; may matter more to one than another). Once the heart is at peace with one’s orientation (no longer confused, angsty), life can move on. Just my view.  My current condition is more like a closet with open doors. (Peep in, know me as a person and you see a gay soul :) no need to ask haha) Will likely be in this condition into my old age. It’s comfy! 

Edited by Pubic01

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter