Male HQ

The 3 vocal tenors of BW - [Steve5380] vs [InBangkok] vs [Singalion]

InBangkok

On 1/28/2022 at 7:42 PM, Guest Laoren said:

Popcorn time

Yumz

I found something even better than popcorn:  roasted peanuts, maybe lightly salted.  They are delicious, and, if they are in-shell,  they keep the fingers busy and keep the rate of eating low.  Something healthy if you don't mind the calories.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:50 PM, Guest I love Nature Fresh Air said:

Good.  Put all the rotten eggs into one basket to avoid them spilling all over the places.  Now the main forum has a dose of fresh air to breath easy for everyone.

Aren't rotten eggs a delicacy of the Chinese?  And I like Chinese together with most Asians.  So I have nothing against rotten eggs.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, Guest Zen Monk said:

Now, you think you are out of my radar?   You would probably live till the age of 200 and nobody cares except Singalion or InBangkok, your two die-hard "Fans", to keep your life meaningfully engaged with them.  They didn't know it was your trap to set them up to keep you fully occupied. Their faces turned Green or Red over every single fart you made and it was quite entertaining for your retirement years.   But, what can we say?  Stupidity is quite magnetic, it draws people of the same mind together. 

I don't want to take advantage of them if I outlive both of them, thanks to taking the advice of David Sinclair.   This is not my intention,  but unfortunately, one of them finds Sinclair to be a "quack",  quack quack,  and poops of what he is researching, instead of reflecting and finding something positive in it,  or maybe he does and says the opposite to tease.

And yes, I fart sometimes,  but I wonder how someone could get a sniff of it over the Internet.  I didn't set up any trap.  And thank God, I have other things to do than post here.  But to do it is a nice break from other occupations and I find it a way to be "social" and entertained.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:36 PM, InBangkok said:

Well your point would be worth making if it was the truth. My posts have frequently quoted @Steve5380's own words made on BW threads. Why can his own words be regarded as malevolent? And I would like to know which the wordings of mine you regard as "malevolent".

I am not special in the slightest. I only prefer to write the truth, the more so when a poster contradicts earlier postings or opens threads that are complete nonsense and not applicable to probably 98% of the BW readership (although i fully accept that is a guess based on the number of comments from other BW readers).

I appreciate that you don't regard my own words as malevolent.   I hope I will be able to say the same about yours.

You prefer to write the truth.  We all do.  Each of us has our own truth.  What helps is to be able to respect the truth of others.  To contradict is fine, it is part of a discussion.  But we have to agree to disagree without getting angry and malevolent.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Zen Monk
On 1/29/2022 at 12:36 PM, InBangkok said:

My posts have frequently quoted @Steve5380's own words made on BW threads. Why can his own words be regarded as malevolent? And I would like to know which the wordings of mine you regard as "malevolent".

Malevolent is not just words but actions too.  Your constant hounding his historical post, tracking every word and every movement is completely unnecessary. It was akin to cyber-bullying which is a crime.  What if he actually lied, contadict himself or openly proclaimed himself "remarkable" than the entire Universe formation??  How was it in anyway affect your living conditions, your love for your family and your job?    I personally knew many elderly men or women who enjoyed boasting, gossiping and even lying about many things to feel good.  This is part of their aging process, they need recognition in some waya, public attention in another.  These are extremely very lonely folks, or folks with troubled past.  Have sympathy, but don't beat them up just because you did like it.  Move away, find something more meaningful to keep your emotion stable.   Don't waste time digging other people history to prove someone wrong or yourself right.  It is not an achievement, just transient attachment matters unrelated to you.  It is absolutely non-productive.  

You either understood or don't.  I going for my regular meditation under the buddha Tree.  No more answer from me.

Guest Excuse me?!
On 1/29/2022 at 1:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

Aren't rotten eggs a delicacy of the Chinese?  And I like Chinese together with most Asians.  So I have nothing against rotten eggs.

Pls get your facts right: rotten eggs aren't a delicacy!

Don't be condescending. You truly are one shit stirrer. I am joining the ranks of other members and guests here who are eagerly counting down to your death.. then really good riddance to bad rubbish/white supremacy.

Guest Century
On 1/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, Guest Excuse me?! said:

He probably meant Century Egg, but due to lack of vocabulary, used the simplest word he can find.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

I found something even better than popcorn:  roasted peanuts, maybe lightly salted.  They are delicious, and, if they are in-shell,  they keep the fingers busy and keep the rate of eating low.  Something healthy if you don't mind the calories.

But you forgot the dust and mess these peanuts leave afterwards, same as plenty of your posts over BW...  😂

Edited by singalion

Wow, that is a development!

Unfortunately, my mother who has been a vocal singer and to her utmost disappointment and plenty of my friends confirmed that I don't have a singer's voice,

Probably, I need to drop out of the role as a vocal tenor.

The only success I had with singing was at a Thai Karaoke den in Phuket singing Thai songs without knowing any Thai at all but I won the best singer price on that night (according to the karaoke machine). It gave me cheers from the other Thai attendants and some drinks as reward from the bar owner....

Surely, singing in this choir at this thread or Steve's aging thread as a tenor, I failed, which I attribute to some sort of senile stubbornness that was not predictable to have such depth and extent and a truthful apology for hurting someone badly is just too much to get over his lips...

At least I made a honest try... Nobody can call me a Chamberlain or Munich defeat afterwards...

When will the other two come to Singapore that we can perform a concert at Esplanade as the Two Pink Vocal Tenors and one Baritone or should we perform as the main act on Pink Dot 2022???

(Wrestling and Teakwondo  show eventually included)...   😂

Edited by singalion

On 1/28/2022 at 11:17 PM, Guest Excuse me?! said:

Don't be condescending. You truly are one shit stirrer. I am joining the ranks of other members and guests here who are eagerly counting down to your death.. then really good riddance to bad rubbish/white supremacy.

Guest Excuse me,  I excuse you.  You are very fast to reach wrong conclusions.  "Rotten eggs" are not words that I invented.  It is what common individuals call eggs that have been around for centuries.  See this:

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20151208-the-rotten-egg-people-love-to-eat

I would not dream of touching an egg that is very old, but they can last a few months in my fridge.  Maybe those who enjoy 500 year old eggs don't consider them "rotten".  

On 1/28/2022 at 11:22 PM, Guest Century said:

He probably meant Century Egg, but due to lack of vocabulary, used the simplest word he can find.

Thanks, Century Egg sounds better.  I didn't know this name before. 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:27 PM, singalion said:

But you forgot the dust and mess these peanuts leave afterwards, same as plenty of your posts over BW... 😂

This depends on how neat you are.  Indeed, there are more shells than the nuts themselves.  This is why I prefer peanuts already shelled.  These days I bought three one-pound containers of shelled peanuts,  and now I eat them together with the steel-cut oats,  they combine into a complete protein. 

On 1/29/2022 at 8:24 AM, mith said:

O.M.G! nothing wrong to be opinionated... i actually like many of their posts and comments, and even took on some as advice. 

lets reconcile. 

that's what I tried... for both of them (and BW) .

sometimes it just needs a honest apology...

Edited by singalion

Guest LOL YA RIGHT
On 1/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, Steve5380 said:

Guest Excuse me,  I excuse you.  You are very fast to reach wrong conclusions.  "Rotten eggs" are not words that I invented.  It is what common individuals call eggs that have been around for centuries.  See this:

On 1/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, Steve5380 said:

Thanks, Century Egg sounds better.  I didn't know this name before. 

You didn't know this name before but can post the link where it's stated CENTURY EGGS inside? You were using rotten just to make fun of it lol we can see through your lies and actions..

Also century eggs aren't 500yo eggs la you are hopeless stupid lmao

On 1/29/2022 at 12:33 PM, Steve5380 said:

I would not dream of touching an egg that is very old, but they can last a few months in my fridge.  Maybe those who enjoy 500 year old eggs don't consider them "rotten".  

I can not see anything in that BBC article that mentions "rotten eggs". Did you make that up?

No one who knows about century eggs - or thousand-year old eggs as I have known them described in Hong Kong, especially at the Yung Kee and other restaurants - calls them "rotten". They are made in a special way that can take from 4 weeks to 4 months. Nothing about the eggs is rotten. They are a staple at many Chinese restaurants around the world. Only someone who knows nothing of Chinese culture and cuisine would describe them as "rotten.  They are delicious, especially with a small slice of ginger.

Edited by InBangkok

On 1/29/2022 at 9:26 AM, Steve5380 said:

Of course, something unexpected can happen at any time,  and I may have to move to my Catholic heaven earlier than anticipated.   But there I plan to meet with my late boyfriend.  :thumb:

After how you treated @abang , I hope he will be there to remind everyone why you should not be given entrance any time.  

Guest Chinese
On 1/29/2022 at 2:30 PM, InBangkok said:

I can not see anything in that BBC article that mentions "rotten eggs". Did you make that up?

No one who knows about century eggs - or thousand-year old eggs as I have known them described in Hong Kong, especially at the Yung Kee and other restaurants - calls them "rotten". They are made in a special way that can take from 4 weeks to 4 months. Nothing about the eggs is rotten. They are a staple at many Chinese restaurants around the world. Only someone who knows nothing of Chinese culture and cuisine would describe them as "rotten.  They are delicious, especially with a small slice of ginger.

British who live in Hong Kong loves them, at least I do know one of my British Boss love anything that is Cantonese food.  Some can speak very fluent cantonese too.  I am not surprised British during the colonial period in Singapore loves everything that taste Asian too and one of them said our Mee Siam is tasty though spicy.

Back to the word Rotten, Ang Mo usually can't make up fanciful word to describe Asian fermented Cuisine.  Japanese has Fermented Soy bean called Natto,  Korean has fermented Cabbage called Kim Chi. Chinese has femented egg called Century Egg.  Many of these are very healthy, but in those day being called "rotten" stuff.  Over the years, the Ang Mo eventually discovered nutritional value of fermented stuff and started to create their own but was never as tasty as those Asian cuisine invented hundred of years. 

Though we are never the first to land on the moon, but our Asian Foods are by far the winner compared to the Ang Mo...stuffs

Guest Horse urine
On 1/29/2022 at 1:22 PM, Guest Century said:

Next thing he is going to say Chinese use Horse urine for these eggs

How ckndescending

Guest Pukee Mark

Please dont insult the real Tenors. They make beautiful sound. 

Rather use , the term , the 3 Magpies of BW.

We got lotsa screeching belcing Magpies in Australia. 

All day all night , bark baw baw.

Guest Unlikely
On 1/29/2022 at 5:18 PM, Guest Horse urine said:

Next thing he is going to say Chinese use Horse urine for these eggs

I don't think so.  He is afraid of given life-time holiday under the courtesy of BW.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:17 AM, Guest Guest said:

After how you treated @abang , I hope he will be there to remind everyone why you should not be given entrance any time.  

Rubbish!

From the way he lived his life,  my late boyfriend has now a high position in heaven.  When I pass away,  he will take me by the hand and take me to Paradise, where he will introduce me to God.  He did recently the same with his father.  In the meantime,  he is my Guardian Angel.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:30 AM, InBangkok said:

Not at all.

I don't make things up.  I got to this article by googling "who eats rotten eggs".  And in its URL,  it says clearly:  "-the-rotten-egg-people-love-to-eat"

If you do any reading,  you will usually find that  "some Chinese like to eat rotten eggs".   It must be an expression used in the West,  but we Westerners have also good qualities, so don't give us any crap! 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:47 PM, Guest LOL YA RIGHT said:

You didn't know this name before but can post the link where it's stated CENTURY EGGS inside? You were using rotten just to make fun of it lol we can see through your lies and actions..

Also century eggs aren't 500yo eggs la you are hopeless stupid lmao

I don't mind that you act like a hopeless stupid imao,  you didn't know that I found the link by googling "who eats rotten eggs",  so nothing of "century".  Even Google knows that rotten eggs are the same as century eggs.   But why should I know as much as Google knows?  :lol:

Guest He's a slut
On 1/29/2022 at 9:53 PM, Steve5380 said:

Rubbish!

From the way he lived his life,  my late boyfriend has now a high position in heaven.  When I pass away,  he will take me by the hand and take me to Paradise, where he will introduce me to God.  He did recently the same with his father.  In the meantime,  he is my Guardian Angel.

You also mentioned your ex-boyfriend introduced you to saunas. He probably was a slut. Don't think sluts are in heaven! He's probably waiting for you in the hell where he's needing a hand in maintaining the sanitation system of us orientals 

Guest Pope Con
On 1/29/2022 at 9:53 PM, Steve5380 said:

he will take me by the hand and take me to Paradise, where he will introduce me to God.

No point introducing you to GOD, you don't believe IT exist. Otherwise, why are you so mad that someone up there is so perverted by creating gay.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:37 AM, Guest He's a slut said:

You also mentioned your ex-boyfriend introduced you to saunas. He probably was a slut. Don't think sluts are in heaven! He's probably waiting for you in the hell where he's needing a hand in maintaining the sanitation system of us orientals 

Yes, he introduced me to gay saunas,  bless his heart!  He was a HONEST gay, out to his family and anyone, not ashamed of homosexuality, and from the start he trusted me enough to bring me to places where one meets other naked men.   You are so damn ignorant that you don't know that "slut" is a very promiscuous woman.  He was neither a woman,  not effeminate, nor was he promiscuous. 

I don't know why you write that you Orientals need to have your sanitation system in hell maintained.  I don't think that you Orientals go to hell more than any other group.

But maybe you are writing from hell.  It appears so. :(

On 1/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, Guest Pope Con said:

No point introducing you to GOD, you don't believe IT exist. Otherwise, why are you so mad that someone up there is so perverted by creating gay.

I don't believe God exists,  but I don't disbelieve it either.  I am an agnostic, and we reserve our belief for things that have proof of being real, not speculations. There is NO proof that he does NOT exist. If he exists and my boyfriend is there with him, I will be very happy. 

You are also wrong to say that I am mad at God for creating gay.  There are reasons to be mad at Him, but this is not one of them.  Instead my contempt is for those organized religions that condemn gays and make homosexuality a "sin".   Not MAD at them, but feeling disdain for them pushing something so false in their dogmas that it proves that they are just fantasies and have no relations with any real god.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/29/2022 at 9:07 PM, Steve5380 said:

Even Google knows that rotten eggs are the same as century eggs.   But why should I know as much as Google knows?  :lol:

True. You didn't. You hadn't a clue about century or thousand-year-old eggs. I expect on your trips to Singapore you never went near a Chinese restaurant serving Cantonese food.

For me, Chinese cuisine is the finest of all in the world. Being based in Hong Kong for decades gave me the opportunity of such a wide variety of wonderful Cantonese dishes mostly in relatively simple restaurants. My friends in Shanghai also introduced me to lots of Shanghainese dishes on my many trips there. Then there is the added variety of Szechuan cuisine and several other dishes I love - especially succulent Beggar's Chicken with its amazing variety of flavours in the flesh, and the basic spring onion cakes. Plus the wide variety of dumplings! Especially xiaolongbao with their almost orgasmic sensation of the soup spilling into your mouth!

When will the other two come to Singapore that we can perform a concert at Esplanade as the Two Pink Vocal Tenors and one Baritone or should we perform as the main act on Pink Dot 2022???

(Wrestling and Teakwondo  show eventually included)...   😂

I don't know about a wrestling and taekwondo show.  Will you do it?

I can do an Aikido show.  But I need a partner.  Will you volunteer?  I promise that I will be careful!  First I will show you how to fall safely, not much of ukemi but a learning to fall back without banging your head, or fall sidewise breaking the fall with your arm, in any case falling as close to me as possible.   Maybe we do this without wearing a hakama, these things are heavy to take along.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/29/2022 at 10:02 AM, InBangkok said:

For me, Chinese cuisine is the finest of all in the world. Being based in Hong Kong for decades gave me the opportunity of such a wide variety of wonderful Cantonese dishes mostly in relatively simple restaurants. My friends in Shanghai also introduced me to lots of Shanghainese dishes on my many trips there. Then there is the added variety of Szechuan cuisine and several other dishes I love - especially succulent Beggar's Chicken with its amazing variety of flavours in the flesh, and the basic spring onion cakes. Plus the wide variety of dumplings! Especially xiaolongbao with their almost orgasmic sensation of the soup spilling into your mouth!

For me,  the finest cuisine in the world is the one I prepare.  Microwaved steel-cut oats mixed with turmeric and pepper, cooked lentils with vegetables,  whole-wheat sandwiches of avocado, "mashed potatoes" made with blended cauliflower,  Himmel und Erde, microwaved salmon and meat and chicken and turkey,  blueberries, granny-smith apples, mangos, grapefruit (peeled, not cut), chocolate ice cream (yumm) and a black coffee to end it.

Surely, singing in this choir at this thread or Steve's aging thread as a tenor, I failed, which I attribute to some sort of senile stubbornness that was not predictable to have such depth and extent and a truthful apology for hurting someone badly is just too much to get over his lips...

At least I made a honest try... Nobody can call me a Chamberlain or Munich defeat afterwards...

Senile stubbornness?  From your writing you reveal that you have little respect for Seniors.  Sorry, but this takes away some points from your  qualifications.

But I can explain why you wrote this. 

When you get involved in a discussion, you argue with emotions like your life will depend on you winning the argument.  A Senior in contrast, and especially if he has and is living a happy life,  will participate in a discussion with much less attachment.  If we contemplate the immensity of the Universe, what does it matter to win or lose an argument, especially with an anonymous person?  So I don't give much importance to discussions, I simply will defend what I think is right, the truth against arguments to the contrary.  And I keep defending it while you keep contradicting it.  This is where what you call stubbornness comes from.   You don't give up either, but somehow you don't consider your stubbornness "senile",  although you usually are proven wrong,  like recently with this "life expectancy".  

I don't know how old you are,  but I can estimate that you are middle-aged.  Not a bad age. If you are lucky, you mental capacity will not be different when you are old, but people will look on the calendar and,  if they are having the short end of the stick, will call you "senile" like you do here. 

There is one more possible challenge to your mental capacity in your issue with me about "apology",  but I will leave this for another post.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:39 PM, singalion said:

This is a nice video.  It is the first time I see Elton John as a younger man.  I don't know why,  but in my mind he is always the old guy he is today.  He seems to compose and play and sing very well, something that explains the prestige he has.

It is rare to se a white grand piano.  It looks a little like a toy.   My hybrid Kawai piano is white too, and I like the color on this small portable instrument.

One curiosity I have left:  are the Chinese Centennial eggs more valuable the older they are,  like a 500 year old egg being more expensive than a 100 year old one?

Hopefully in China there are eggs that are not only 1000 years old, but maybe a hundred thousand years old?   If so, would it be possible to bring back to life a bird from that era,  like it happened in Spielberg's Jurassic Park movie?   

On 1/29/2022 at 11:12 PM, Steve5380 said:

For me,  the finest cuisine in the world is the one I prepare.  Microwaved steel-cut oats mixed with turmeric and pepper, cooked lentils with vegetables,  whole-wheat sandwiches of avocado, "mashed potatoes" made with blended cauliflower,  Himmel und Erde, microwaved salmon and meat and chicken and turkey,  blueberries, granny-smith apples, mangos, grapefruit (peeled, not cut), chocolate ice cream (yumm) and a black coffee to end it.

Palatable I guess, but how boring!

In comparison to Chinese cuisine - well, there is absolutely no comparison. Chinese cuisine is one of the great cuisines of the world, and arguably the finest. Thai, Vietnamese and Japanese cuisine are also totally out of your league and packed full of freshness and goodness.  Ini fact if you just ate Japanese food, you wouldn't need your water diet. Japanese live quite a few years longer on average that Americans and those living in America for many decades. LOL

On 1/30/2022 at 12:01 AM, Steve5380 said:

One curiosity I have left:  are the Chinese Centennial eggs more valuable the older they are,  like a 500 year old egg being more expensive than a 100 year old one?

What a stupid comment! You mean you could not find that out on youtube or wikipedia? Not worthy of reply.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:06 AM, InBangkok said:

What a stupid comment! You mean you could not find that out on youtube or wikipedia? Not worthy of reply.

Ha ha ha.!!  If it is "not worthy of reply"... why did you reply?   Perhaps only out of malevolence?

On 1/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, InBangkok said:

Palatable I guess, but how boring!

In comparison to Chinese cuisine - well, there is absolutely no comparison. Chinese cuisine is one of the great cuisines of the world, and arguably the finest. Thai, Vietnamese and Japanese cuisine are also totally out of your league and packed full of freshness and goodness.  Ini fact if you just ate Japanese food, you wouldn't need your water diet. Japanese live quite a few years longer on average that Americans and those living in America for many decades. LOL

I was never in China, except three times in Hong Kong.  So I cannot judge.  The food in Western so called "Chinese Restaurants"  is quite unhealthy!

But I ate once in a good Singaporean restaurant, the time I was also interested in its tourist traps.  There was a fine table cloth and expensive silverware, so I gave some trust to the food. And the truth is that I liked it!  I have eaten cuisines in other Asian cities,  and I recognize that I am bad at telling the differences.   I have been in many places in the world, and I find most cuisines are adequate, as long as the quality of the food is good.   I would not rate the cuisine of the US as among the good ones.

I am a native of Argentina,  and my country is famous also for its food, with excellent beef and natural produce.  In the years I worked in the field throughout Argentina, we often made barbeques with delicious meats (and plenty of red wine).  I remember one time on a well-site middle in nowhere,  one of my helpers went to a nearby pasture and caught a sheep.  I saw how he slaughtered it,  feeling so sad for the animal, which was then eaten in a barbeque.  Rustic people, simple people, nice people.

But YOU my friend, you should be cautious and smart.  Don't turn your back to useful information.  From your height of 1.73 m and weight of 87 kilos, which you posted in your profile,  comes out a body mass index BMI of 29.  This value is out of the "healthy" range, and definitely in the "overweight" one.

Even if you don't care about your figure, or are not able to change it,  perhaps your companion would like to see you a little slimmer.  At least try for a BMI = 25,  which is borderline healthy.

And how can you try?  Listen to the recommendations of David Sinclair and others, to EAT LESS OFTEN, start with the intermittent fasting,  and after a while experiment with longer time fasting.  If you were able to work with moody musicians and prima donnas,  you should have enough discipline to do some fasting.  And once you try it,  I can guarantee that you will find it tolerable and in the end an acceptable life style. You can still have your glass of wine (resveratrol).  And the weight will come tumbling down, no doubt about it. :) 

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/30/2022 at 12:40 AM, Steve5380 said:

I was never in China, except three times in Hong Kong.  So I cannot judge.  The food in Western so called "Chinese Restaurants"  is quite unhealthy!

But I ate once in a good Singaporean restaurant, the time I was also interested in its tourist traps.  There was a fine table cloth and expensive silverware, so I gave some trust to the food. And the truth is that I liked it!  I have eaten cuisines in other Asian cities,  and I recognize that I am bad at telling the differences. 

The post to which you responded was about Chinese cuisine - not about food in China. So whether you have been to China or not is immaterial. In any case, other than some of the older traditional restaurants and the more recent generally more expensive ones in China, you get some of the finest Chinese cuisine outside China. And as anyone with experience of Chinese cuisine will know, even the expensive restaurants with some of the best food do not use "fine table cloth and expensive silverware." Given that Chinese food is eaten with chopsticks, why on earth would you patronise a restaurant that had silverware? You can always ask for a knife an fork but they will ever be placed on tables in advance. 

You cannot tell the difference between the cuisines of Japan, Vietnam and Thailand? Go to any major city in the world - including Houston - and they will be amongst the most popular restaurants. Chinatowns everywhere will always have some extremely fine restaurants. Houston has a lot of Chinese and other Asian restaurants. In fact, it has a very large asian community of around 500,000 of which, according to the 2013 survey, 72,320 residents are of Chinese origin. And the new Chinatown is extremely popular. But then if you have no interest in varying your diet, staying at home with the same boring diet is understandable. 

FYI, thanks largely to the pandemic lockdowns, there have been many times when there has been little to do other than work and then pop down to the gym and pool in our condo. My weight is now down to 83kg and we are both happy with the new me! Going on a water diet seems a total waste of time since you have admitted you need to eat more afterwards because you lost too much weight! LOL. Quackery!

On 1/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, InBangkok said:

The post to which you responded was about Chinese cuisine - not about food in China. So whether you have been to China or not is immaterial. In any case, other than some of the older traditional restaurants and the more recent generally more expensive ones in China, you get some of the finest Chinese cuisine outside China. And as anyone with experience of Chinese cuisine will know, even the expensive restaurants with some of the best food do not use "fine table cloth and expensive silverware." Given that Chinese food is eaten with chopsticks, why on earth would you patronise a restaurant that had silverware? You can always ask for a knife an fork but they will ever be placed on tables in advance. 

You cannot tell the difference between the cuisines of Japan, Vietnam and Thailand? Go to any major city in the world - including Houston - and they will be amongst the most popular restaurants. Chinatowns everywhere will always have some extremely fine restaurants. Houston has a lot of Chinese and other Asian restaurants. In fact, it has a very large asian community of around 500,000 of which, according to the 2013 survey, 72,320 residents are of Chinese origin. And the new Chinatown is extremely popular. But then if you have no interest in varying your diet, staying at home with the same boring diet is understandable. 

FYI, thanks largely to the pandemic lockdowns, there have been many times when there has been little to do other than work and then pop down to the gym and pool in our condo. My weight is now down to 83kg and we are both happy with the new me! Going on a water diet seems a total waste of time since you have admitted you need to eat more afterwards because you lost too much weight! LOL. Quackery!

LOL!   In addition to be an expert in classical music trivia,  are you also an expert in gourmet, epicurean trivia? 

In my vocabulary,  the food is a product of the cuisine.  Chinese food is the result of Chinese cuisine.  You don't think so?

Why would I go to a Chinese restaurant in Houston?  I went to many fine Mexican restaurants in Houston because my late bf was Mexican, and he liked this cuisine.  But I am an animal of habit and my regular life I am used to the good Steve Cuisine and some German cuisine, so why should I depart from them?   In my trips to other lands I have tried different cuisines, but they don't do much for me.  And I have a very poor memory to remember where I ate what.  I don't have to show off to anyone that I am a connoisseur of cuisines.  The same as I don't need to show off as a connoisseur of the music of different cultures.  I don't need at all to listen to other music than my favorite, classical (not modern) music.  And of course the folkloric music of my native country.

Expensive restaurants with some of the best food in Asia don't  use fine table cloth and silverware?  Maybe you find McDonalds expensive.  When I go into a fine restaurant in Asia I ask for silverware.  And since they see that I am an Ang Moh,  they bring me a complete set of silverware,  fork, knife and spoon.  I can eat well with chopsticks, but I don't need to show off to anyone my ability with them,  so I prefer to use what I am used to.  And...  I would never eat the nice soups of the Chinese cuisine... with chopsticks. :lol:

During the pandemic lockdowns you didn't find much to do besides work and pool and gym?  Is this your whole world?  Oh, you may have forgotten one item: to EAT.   If you now got your weight down to 83kg, this changes your BMI to 27.7.   Still too high!  Still overweight!  How is this "a new me"?  Instead it may be wishful thinking.

Why you like to stay ignorant about nutrition, metabolism?  Fasting is far from a "total waste of time".  I don't fast to lose weight, my normal BMI is 21.4,  quite reasonable and healthy.  I do it for the other benefits of fasting.  I ate more these two days and I have already recovered three of the five pounds I lost.   In your case, if you fast, you should not eat more but maintain your regular amount of food and maybe changing to a healthier more plant based diet, and you would effectively lose weight. 

But you are already an adult who can make his own decisions.  What you do is completely up to you.  

On 1/30/2022 at 1:01 AM, Steve5380 said:

Eventually because the "centennial"is  similarly exagerated as sometimes a "too fattening".

I think someone posted here earlier and already wrote how "old" they are... From my knowledge around 3 - 8 weeks.

But Steve is excused this time as he is  surely not the "google generation". 😆

Edited by singalion

On 1/30/2022 at 12:04 AM, Steve5380 said:

I don't know about a wrestling and taekwondo show.  Will you do it?

I can do an Aikido show.  But I need a partner.  Will you volunteer?  I promise that I will be careful!  First I will show you how to fall safely, not much of ukemi but a learning to fall back without banging your head, or fall sidewise breaking the fall with your arm, in any case falling as close to me as possible.   Maybe we do this without wearing a hakama, these things are heavy to take along.

Sure, we can also pretend to be in a sauna, when you groped my private part... as you suggested some years ago as a measure against persistent Sauna gropers. Young gays can take this as a lesson to protect themselves. During Pink Dot it would be the best audience... But we should make sure, such defence is a last resort...

Please note my fall and acting will be more of a Mr Bean type.

Plenty of Asians have asked me whether Mr Bean is my relative...

And no guarantee if I accidentally punch your eye... 😂

On 1/30/2022 at 1:40 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have eaten cuisines in other Asian cities,  and I recognize that I am bad at telling the differences. 

you must have been the first person suffering from Covid, if you are bad in telling the differences of Asian or even South East Asian food... 

The Chinese government should look and examine you, if you weren't the original culprit that started the whole pandemic... 😆😂

On 1/29/2022 at 11:51 PM, singalion said:

Eventually because the "centennial"is  similarly exagerated as sometimes a "too fattening".

I think someone posted here earlier and already wrote how "old" they are... From my knowledge around 3 - 8 weeks.

But Steve is excused this time as he is  surely not the "google generation". 😆

Only 8 weeks?  There are Chinese archeological artifacts that date from thousands of years ago.  Why cannot the Chinese have also eggs that are thousands of years old?  They might not be chicken eggs,  but hopefully of some extinct and now unknown species of birds.  One can never know from looking at the eggs...

Are you from the "google generation"?  Did your parents email to their friends when you were born?  😆

On 1/29/2022 at 11:59 PM, singalion said:

Sure, we can also pretend to be in a sauna, when you groped my private part... as you suggested some years ago as a measure against persistent Sauna gropers. Young gays can take this as a lesson to protect themselves. During Pink Dot it would be the best audience... But we should make sure, such defence is a last resort...

Please note my fall and acting will be more of a Mr Bean type.

Plenty of Asians have asked me whether Mr Bean is my relative...

And no guarantee if I accidentally punch your eye... 😂

When we do an Aikido demonstration, you will be the attacker, the UKE.   So you would grab my balls and I would put you down with a kotegaeshi.

But in front of an audience,  you better attack by punching me in the eye.  This is about the same as a punch to the face or body.  As soon as I see you initiate the move, let's say with your right arm, I will immediately step to my left out of the trajectory of your arm, then I will contact it with both hands and push it further away while I rotate CW to follow it,  then my left had will slide over your right forearm and take your hand in the kotegaeshi grab, then I turn half way CCW (tenkan) and twist your hand. You will have to go down on your back to protect your wrist, and I will let you down carefully.  I walk around you, turn you around on your belly, and pin you down.  If I would be mean, I would put a knee on your back to further press you down.

If you act like Mr. Bean, so the better,  it makes it more a friendly attack/defense.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:03 AM, singalion said:

you must have been the first person suffering from Covid, if you are bad in telling the differences of Asian or even South East Asian food... 

The Chinese government should look and examine you, if you weren't the original culprit that started the whole pandemic... 😆😂

Oh,  I have a good palate for food and I enjoy much of it.  But I somehow I don't give importance to what cuisine it comes from.  And so I don't remember much of it.  Is it a sweet-sour Chinese dish?  Is it an Indian curry?  Is it a French sauce?  My gastronomic memory is only binary:  I liked it / I didn't like it.  For me what only matters is that I like the Steve Cuisine.  :) 

On 1/30/2022 at 9:58 AM, Guest Yucky said:

Sounds like foods came out of off-grid living. 

I get satisfied with some mental, social, spiritual off-grid living.  My religiousness is off-grid from any church.  My estate is off-grid from any loan company.  My eating is off-grid from any restaurant, with few exceptions.  These days, Americans are looking forwards to the SUPERBOWL,  the big finale of the football championship.  But there is a big worry:  a shortage of chicken wings and booze.  This is what the traditional American likes to do when sitting on his couch watching the superbowl on TV.   They have to munch on the fried chicken wings and drink the booze.  Meanwhile I chuckle, being off-grid from professional sports.   Shortage of candy, crackers, tons of packages with processed foods inside?  I am off-grid from these.  My "junk", peanuts, almonds, dark chocolate, I have vast stocks in my pantry!  :) 

On 1/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, Guest Opera said:

I am sure singalion is a soprano opera diva in bed. 

How can you know if you haven't been with him in bed?  What is true is that singalion has a good knowledge of opera, and we have much agreement about the operas of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.  They have some fantastic soprano arias where no male would ever reach such high pitch.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, Guest Zen Monk said:

I personally knew many elderly men or women who enjoyed boasting, gossiping and even lying about many things to feel good.  This is part of their aging process, they need recognition in some waya, public attention in another.  These are extremely very lonely folks, or folks with troubled past.  Have sympathy, but don't beat them up just because you did like it.  Move away, find something more meaningful to keep your emotion stable.   Don't waste time digging other people history to prove someone wrong or yourself right.

I am glad you understand that when someone reaches old age they forget, enjoy boasting and even lying. But to suggest that all older folks are lonely is, frankly, rubbish. Just ask @Steve5380. He has often said he is not lonely.

On 1/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, Steve5380 said:

Expensive restaurants with some of the best food in Asia don't  use fine table cloth and silverware?  Maybe you find McDonalds expensive.  When I go into a fine restaurant in Asia I ask for silverware.  And since they see that I am an Ang Moh,  they bring me a complete set of silverware,  fork, knife and spoon.  I can eat well with chopsticks, but I don't need to show off to anyone my ability with them,  so I prefer to use what I am used to.  And...  I would never eat the nice soups of the Chinese cuisine... with chopsticks. :lol:

Well this does seem a bit strange. You saved money by staying in Max Lim's sauna building and claimed that Singapore was expensive, comparing it with prices in Bangkok. I have eaten in a wide variety of Singapore restaurants, mostly inexpensive, sometimes street food courts, but I have also entertained clients at high-end Chinese restaurants with crisp table linen. If a guest found chopsticks difficult and requested western cutlery, a nice knife and fork would quickly be provided. But never a spoon. Soups are served in small porcelain bowls with a small porcelain spoon provided. There is no need for a western style spoon.

Showing off your "ability" with chopsticks in a Chinese restaurants is not showing off. Almost all ang moh can use them. Showing off is not being able to use chopsticks and thereby losing face by asking for western cutlery!

On 1/31/2022 at 5:35 AM, Guest Opera said:

I am sure singalion is a soprano opera diva in bed. 

Oh? Then I am also sure singalion will argue and argue and argue with you on that point in bed too. 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:04 AM, Steve5380 said:

Meanwhile I chuckle, being off-grid from professional sports. 

I sympathise for there was a period when I had little interest in professional sport. But in recent years I have become engrossed in certain sports. The final of the mens tennis Grand Slam in Sydney yesterday was one of the most epic matches I have ever watched. I have become very keen on one of Asia's most popular sports, badminton, and was delighted when Loh Kean Yew won the World Title last month. I have also become interested again in snooker, a game I gave up after my university years. The new crop of young players especially from China are great for the game. Yesterday Zhao Xintong from Xi'an won the German Masters Open against his fellow Chinese Yan Bingtao 9-0. The 24 year old was imperious and seems such a modest young man away from the table. I have also become interested in Sepak Takraw, although sadly there is little opportunity to watch live matches and there is little here on television which I can record.

On 1/30/2022 at 8:50 PM, InBangkok said:

I am glad you understand that when someone reaches old age they forget, enjoy boasting and even lying. But to suggest that all older folks are lonely is, frankly, rubbish. Just ask @Steve5380. He has often said he is not lonely.

Thank you.  I not only am not lonely, but I also don't need to boast and lie about many things to feel good.  I am happy, feeling good for the right reasons.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:03 PM, InBangkok said:

Well this does seem a bit strange. You saved money by staying in Max Lim's sauna building and claimed that Singapore was expensive, comparing it with prices in Bangkok. I have eaten in a wide variety of Singapore restaurants, mostly inexpensive, sometimes street food courts, but I have also entertained clients at high-end Chinese restaurants with crisp table linen. If a guest found chopsticks difficult and requested western cutlery, a nice knife and fork would quickly be provided. But never a spoon. Soups are served in small porcelain bowls with a small porcelain spoon provided. There is no need for a western style spoon.

Showing off your "ability" with chopsticks in a Chinese restaurants is not showing off. Almost all ang moh can use them. Showing off is not being able to use chopsticks and thereby losing face by asking for western cutlery!

When I first visited Singapore I didn't know anything about Max Lim and his sauna.  I stayed in a regular three star hotel, which I found overpriced and not a good value otherwise.  This was also the time I ate in a fine restaurant.  If your guests didn't get a spoon, that was their problem.  I asked also for a spoon, and I got a spoon.  I have eaten several times soups with these thick heavy "porcelain bowls" and I find them quite clumsy.  Nothing like a nice lightweight stainless steel spoon,  or even a plastic spoon.  Either one makes it more easy to scoop a liquid.

I don't need to show off, and I don't need to lose face.  This is so trivial!  My face is very secure on my head.  :) 

On 1/30/2022 at 9:20 PM, InBangkok said:

I sympathise for there was a period when I had little interest in professional sport. But in recent years I have become engrossed in certain sports. The final of the mens tennis Grand Slam in Sydney yesterday was one of the most epic matches I have ever watched. I have become very keen on one of Asia's most popular sports, badminton, and was delighted when Loh Kean Yew won the World Title last month. I have also become interested again in snooker, a game I gave up after my university years. The new crop of young players especially from China are great for the game. Yesterday Zhao Xintong from Xi'an won the German Masters Open against his fellow Chinese Yan Bingtao 9-0. The 24 year old was imperious and seems such a modest young man away from the table. I have also become interested in Sepak Takraw, although sadly there is little opportunity to watch live matches and there is little here on television which I can record.

Good for you that you like professional sports.  And a little more important...  do you practice any sport? 

I have a little interest left for watching football matches,  some remnant of my childhood,  but I am not a fan for any team.  Baseball and American football bore me. Basketball I can watch for a while.

Maybe I could find something good in watching tennis matches in person.  Sitting at a place in line with the net.  I would then practice my neck exercise of turning my neck left and right as far as I can, to stretch the neck muscles.  All I have to do there is to follow the ball.  And the movement of all the other spectators,  ha ha.

On 1/31/2022 at 6:59 AM, Steve5380 said:

How can you know if you haven't been with him in bed?  What is true is that singalion has a good knowledge of opera, and we have much agreement about the operas of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.  They have some fantastic soprano arias where no male would ever reach such high pitch.

Singalion is essentially and spiritually a stereotypical old female.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.