Male HQ

Mid Life Crisis

cowie

1 hour ago, cowie said:

Maybe we should meet and think about our lives together. Hahahaa!

Will be great if we can hangout instead of feeling like being the odd ball in the eyes of mainstream society.  Or start out with a telegram group will be great too! 

I think I am going through some mid-life crisis for a while as I am turning 50. I've been single for the last 3 years or so since my ex and I called off the engagement. Since then, I have been pretty much shagging every twink that comes along my way. Anyway, for the past 8/9 months or so, I have been in this throuple situation. It started with this 24-year-old guy whom I met at a client's daughter's graduation party. We hooked up that evening, and more or less meet like once a month or so. Then a couple months later, he said he wanted a 3-some, and invited a friend of his to join in. 

This 3-some thing became a regular thing we do. I play the daddy role, and yes, it is ego-boosting to have two bottoms at once, and sex has been fun and hot. Besides them, I have other guys as well which is fine, but those two guys have been the most regular. Recently, one of the two, not the one I started with, had a conversation with me indicating he wanted something more, i.e. a relationship and he wanted us to be exclusive, meaning I have to stop fucking his friend.

I was kind of taken aback by his sudden indication, as I have been quite clear about not wanting to date or settle down yet. Not that the thought never crossed my mind, but the reality is, that the age gap is nearly 25 years apart. Already from time to time,  I have been somewhat embarrassed about the age difference between me and both guys. I know too many straight people who have upgraded their wives for a younger model and I have been guiltily critical of them in the past and irony here. 

Sex aside and similar cultural upbringing (both are Taiwanese), there isn't much we have in common. I always feel like 10 years is the maximum age gap I am willing to tolerate for a partner without coming across as some guy with a mid-life crisis. 

Anyway, I explained to him that I am not looking to be in a relationship right now, and I really enjoy the situationship the three of us are in. I admit it is pretty selfish of me, and i told him that. He looked a little disappointed, and I also pointed out if that is something he had discussed with his friend that got us together. How would his friend feel? The dynamics are going to change dramatically for the 3 of us if we push ahead with being in a relationship. 

We ended up cuddling after the talk and we ended up having sex which is kind of weird as I have subconsciously compartmentalized him together with his friend. It felt like something was missing. He stayed for the night and left in the morning. Since that then, I have heard nothing from either of them. Usually, on a Thursday or Friday, one of them would message me to make plans. It has been nearly 2 weeks. I am not sure if they have spoken to each other, but it is drama that I don't think I need to be involved in since I did not trigger it. 

However, on a very selfish level, it may be the end of this throuple situationship I have enjoyed for the past 8/9 months. Under normal circumstances, I would be more open to exploring a relationship. It may be the age thing, and having too many options, I simply at this point am out to enjoy myself. Also, my last relationship made me realised that I am not the most attentive bf, and there are areas that I can improve on to be a better partner. Plus work is taking up a lot of my life now. Anyway my apologies for the long rant. 

Love. 

7 hours ago, doncoin said:

I think I am going through some mid-life crisis for a while as I am turning 50. I've been single for the last 3 years or so since my ex and I called off the engagement. Since then, I have been pretty much shagging every twink that comes along my way. Anyway, for the past 8/9 months or so, I have been in this throuple situation. It started with this 24-year-old guy whom I met at a client's daughter's graduation party. We hooked up that evening, and more or less meet like once a month or so. Then a couple months later, he said he wanted a 3-some, and invited a friend of his to join in. 

This 3-some thing became a regular thing we do. I play the daddy role, and yes, it is ego-boosting to have two bottoms at once, and sex has been fun and hot. Besides them, I have other guys as well which is fine, but those two guys have been the most regular. Recently, one of the two, not the one I started with, had a conversation with me indicating he wanted something more, i.e. a relationship and he wanted us to be exclusive, meaning I have to stop fucking his friend.

I was kind of taken aback by his sudden indication, as I have been quite clear about not wanting to date or settle down yet. Not that the thought never crossed my mind, but the reality is, that the age gap is nearly 25 years apart. Already from time to time,  I have been somewhat embarrassed about the age difference between me and both guys. I know too many straight people who have upgraded their wives for a younger model and I have been guiltily critical of them in the past and irony here. 

Sex aside and similar cultural upbringing (both are Taiwanese), there isn't much we have in common. I always feel like 10 years is the maximum age gap I am willing to tolerate for a partner without coming across as some guy with a mid-life crisis. 

Anyway, I explained to him that I am not looking to be in a relationship right now, and I really enjoy the situationship the three of us are in. I admit it is pretty selfish of me, and i told him that. He looked a little disappointed, and I also pointed out if that is something he had discussed with his friend that got us together. How would his friend feel? The dynamics are going to change dramatically for the 3 of us if we push ahead with being in a relationship. 

We ended up cuddling after the talk and we ended up having sex which is kind of weird as I have subconsciously compartmentalized him together with his friend. It felt like something was missing. He stayed for the night and left in the morning. Since that then, I have heard nothing from either of them. Usually, on a Thursday or Friday, one of them would message me to make plans. It has been nearly 2 weeks. I am not sure if they have spoken to each other, but it is drama that I don't think I need to be involved in since I did not trigger it. 

However, on a very selfish level, it may be the end of this throuple situationship I have enjoyed for the past 8/9 months. Under normal circumstances, I would be more open to exploring a relationship. It may be the age thing, and having too many options, I simply at this point am out to enjoy myself. Also, my last relationship made me realised that I am not the most attentive bf, and there are areas that I can improve on to be a better partner. Plus work is taking up a lot of my life now. Anyway my apologies for the long rant. 

Yep ... Once the rule is broken, the whole thing will not work.  Well take the initiative for a face face discussion. No harm 

8 hours ago, doncoin said:

It's hard to have regular sex without any emotions esp most bttms are emotional 

15 minutes ago, Balestier said:

It's hard to have regular sex without any emotions esp most bttms are emotional 

I do suspect it is cultural. I have other guys (non-Taiwanese, Latinos, Japanese-American, white guys, etc.) who are in the same demographic, they seem ok with the arrangement. 

Love. 

4 minutes ago, doncoin said:

I do suspect it is cultural. I have other guys (non-Taiwanese, Latinos, Japanese-American, white guys, etc.) who are in the same demographic, they seem ok with the arrangement. 

Wow you are a horny guy

I would say treasure every chance that comes along. Not many of us have this fortune. Some people took a lifetime and still can't find love. 

Other things might just work out by itself, including changing yourself to be a better partner. Never underestimate the power of love. 

"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

On 1/19/2024 at 2:23 AM, doncoin said:

No apologies needed. Similar predicament. I get my share of guys, have enough interests-responsibilities-future plans to feel fulfilled. I am so much more natural at being single and less needy that people say it is mid life crisis. 

7 hours ago, auscent said:

No apologies needed. Similar predicament. I get my share of guys, have enough interests-responsibilities-future plans to feel fulfilled. I am so much more natural at being single and less needy that people say it is mid life crisis. 

While from time to time I do feel the need for a partner, and there were several moments where I do miss my ex, I do think for now it is best to be single. Sometimes when something good happens, I do miss having him to share the good news with and spread the joy. 

Love. 

Every stage of life carries its own significance, offering unique opportunities for growth, learning, and self-discovery. While the concept of a "mid-life crisis" is not universally true, some individuals may experience a period of reflection or reassessment during middle age. It's essential to recognize that life's meaning and fulfillment can be found at various points, and personal development is an ongoing journey.

Omg! Your story very detailed! I do not believe in such r/s actually. Anyway follow your heart.

I met my bf when I was 50yo and he was 24. At that time, I was thinking like you, just fuck and enjoy myself. I was single for a few years after my last relationship ended and wasn't really looking for a bf. Had my fair share of bottoms that comes and go but I am the type who like to have good regular bottoms which I can be comfortable with. Even though I told many of my bottoms that I only want fun and not looking into having a relationship, but I did realised that some bottoms will eventually fall for me after a certain period of time.

That all changed when I realised that I had begun to have feeling for my boy after being with him for a period of time. Somehow, I felt that I connected with him, but at the back of my mind, I keep telling myself that he is too young for me and for us to have a relationship that will last. I also worried that he might be a gold digger who is after my money, but since I am not rich, there is no benefit for him to go for me unless he truly loves me. 

I told myself to give our relationship 1 year to see how it would go. About 1 year after being with him, I decided to accept him as my partner, and allowed him to move in with me. We had been together for the past 11 years coming to 12 years.

And after confirming my relationship with him, I went for a HIV test to make sure that I am free from diseases, and I will send messages to those fuck buddies who message me for sex to tell them that I am attached. Of course, some of the bottoms will get the message and we just keep everything cordial with text messages and greetings, etc. Others will cut off totally and I did not hear from them again. I also removed those gay apps.  

I think you need to ask yourself:

How long more do you want to continue to fuck around?  Until you are 60? Never?

Do you want to stay single for the rest of your life or do you want to have someone with you when you are older?

How do you feel about the guy who said he wants a relationship with you? Are you able to connect with him and are you comfortable and happy when you are with him.

Some young guys prefer older men, just accept it. 

Age gap may or may not be an issue, but most importantly, you guys must be able to talk and communicate like partners and not like father and son.

Young guys will have certain thinking and will do certain things you might not be happy with, but you have to accept that he is young, and he is going through certain phase in his life. What you can do it to discuss with him and tell him your opinions about his choices and let him choose what he wants and don't hamper his growth.

At the end of the day, he is your partner and you being the older more "wiser" person which had seen more things, you can share your views and help him be a better him by not forcing him to do what you want but let him choose the life he wants.

As for your friend's friend who introduce you to him. It seems you felt guilty that you eventually hookup with his friend. I suspected that your friend's friend might had spoken to his friend that he had feelings for you, and they might have a fall out because of you. 

Actually, I don't see why you can't give the relationship a try with your friend's friend. There was no agreement that you cannot have relationship with either of them. So, you should not feel guilty about it. 

If you never try, you will never know if things will work out. But if you don't try, you might live with a regret once the boat leaves the harbour, and you might be single for a long long time. You are not getting younger and as you get older, your market values diminished and you will have less and less twinks going for you. 

Food for thought.

All the best.

Edited by GachiMuchi

@GachiMuchi I appreciate your sharing and questions for self-reflection. I know that fucking around is not going to last forever. Already I am experiencing some of the challenges that come with age. Cumming 3x or more in one night is no longer a reality. Also sometimes it requires more concentration to maintain the erection. So, I do see the point of being settled with someone. 

How do you deal with that wide age gap when interests, hobbies, and places in life are so different?  

I do get that some guys like older guys, and like I've said, I've embraced being a "daddy" a couple of years ago, however, beyond sex, there isn't much in common I have with both of them. It's funny though when I told my mum about seeing a 25-year-old guy, she had fewer issues with age than I, and actually liked that he is Taiwanese and younger. Go figure. 

Anyway, yesterday afternoon, they both stopped by and we had sex. My first guy seemed to be fine and behaved as usual, so I had a feeling that they did not have a conversation. With the other guy, he seemed ok for the most part, and I made sure that he got more attention from me. After my first guy left to meet some other friends, he stayed behind, and we had dinner and came back and cuddled some more. He didn't bring the subject up even though I hinted if he wanted to talk about it. 

Well, I do feel bad to some degree as he is a nice guy and I can't give him what he wants. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

3 hours ago, doncoin said:

@GachiMuchi I appreciate your sharing and questions for self-reflection. I know that fucking around is not going to last forever. Already I am experiencing some of the challenges that come with age. Cumming 3x or more in one night is no longer a reality. Also sometimes it requires more concentration to maintain the erection. So, I do see the point of being settled with someone. 

How do you deal with that wide age gap when interests, hobbies, and places in life are so different?  

I do get that some guys like older guys, and like I've said, I've embraced being a "daddy" a couple of years ago, however, beyond sex, there isn't much in common I have with both of them. It's funny though when I told my mum about seeing a 25-year-old guy, she had fewer issues with age than I, and actually liked that he is Taiwanese and younger. Go figure. 

Anyway, yesterday afternoon, they both stopped by and we had sex. My first guy seemed to be fine and behaved as usual, so I had a feeling that they did not have a conversation. With the other guy, he seemed ok for the most part, and I made sure that he got more attention from me. After my first guy left to meet some other friends, he stayed behind, and we had dinner and came back and cuddled some more. He didn't bring the subject up even though I hinted if he wanted to talk about it. 

Well, I do feel bad to some degree as he is a nice guy and I can't give him what he wants. 

I think I will leave it to you to decide on what is best for you. As for how to managed the huge gap, talk with him to find out more what he likes, interest, hobbies, etc besides sex. See if you guys can click and are comfortable just being around each other without having to act prime and proper.

I play Nintendo while he is into mobile games. He had asked me to play mobile games with him but I am not into it. Although we have somewhat different interest and work time, etc, we still find time to have breakfast and dinner together.

When he is busy, I will leave him to do his work while I do mine. I played the supporting role for him as I allowed him to build his own career. If he has problems or doubts, I will share my experience with him and let him decide how he would  handle the matter for himself. 

As you are older then him, the challenges you face would be different from him and some of the challenges you would had overcome and you are in better position to share your knowledge to help him with his challenges.

The only gripe I had with my partner was that he does not know how to save money and spent money without consideration of his financial status. It took him quite a few years before he starts to earn better and started saving. So I am happy that he finally come around and starts saving.

Ask yourself, it you will be willing to forgo the forest and go for 1 tree or what kind of a relationship you want to have. My very close Taiwanese friend are in a throuple relationship and had been together for many years. It might work for some but may not work for others. At the end of the days, its between you and your partner/s to decide what will work best for you guys.

• 1 month later...

I turned 51 this year and totally utterly decided that I have given up on relationships since my last proper relationship was 2019, he proposed but he had to moved back because of this job. Also as I grow older, I am becoming more opinionated and too out spoken, guess with age, I just cannot take bull shit in all shapes or form. Am i facing a mid life crisis? I settled into the classic gay mode, Work, Sleep, Work out repeat on a daily basis. I do struggle with Ageism, to be honest, its in my head, I am blessed with a baby face so I look young and yes, am not afraid to venture into needles and stuff because maintenance is key. at 50 i completed by first Hyrox, this year I am planning to do it again because I feel alive when I push myself mentally and physically. So yes, working out is my sustenance in this mad mad world and work wise, I do it out of passion.

I acknowedge and appreciate that others have settled down etc, mine is my own choice, jaded, tired of dating, tired of being catfished, propositioned by a scammer. Gay apps window shopping, fucking around is not in my vocabulary. I can only withstand a difference of 7 years younger or older by a maximum of 5 years. Also because of the way I look, i play the daddy role more often but I don't want a "son", just a adulting individual. That being said, my few cents.

I am 35 now, never have relationship in my live, I keep monogamous concept in relationship. why people have so many relationship in the past is it Love or just a Lust?

currently open sexuality only to my best friends, thought that will help with my loneliness but nah they just busy with their family. currently nothing makes me happy.