Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Guest 犯贱冰冰
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Happy Lunar New Year! Are you guys excited for MediaCorp LNY song?

No one cares for CNY songs by MediaCorp young artistes

22 hours ago, Dreamz80 said:

Has anyone watched the current 9pm show "I do, Do I?" Anyone know who's the cutie guy who acted as Cynthia Koh's son? Quite an eye candy! 

New boy 業文 under dasmond. Introduced together with 杨言。i think YY is cuter

Guest Guest
On 1/5/2024 at 11:04 PM, Dreamz80 said:

Has anyone watched the current 9pm show "I do, Do I?" Anyone know who's the cutie guy who acted as Cynthia Koh's son? Quite an eye candy! 

not bad looking but abit too flamboyant and feminine, not my cup of tea.

i prefer the show last month 熟悉的陌生人 the guy acting as siow sin nee's bf, 王硕瀚 from TW.

Guest Guest
On 1/6/2024 at 9:59 PM, bigdanbeam said:

New boy 業文 under dasmond. Introduced together with 杨言。i think YY is cuter

How did the both get discovered by Dasmond Koh or they apply to become artistes themselves? Are they from China?

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, PictureHouse said:

Tv has lack of real, good looking actors 

Tyler is actually not say very well built. His shoulders are droopy lei

Desmond is thin, skinny

Siming is nice  but with his recent long hair, wonder what's going on? 

I find zetong 耐看

Tyler was hunkier before joining Star Search. He say he become less hunky to get better roles on TV.

Best is Zane Lim but too bad he left Mediacorp and now MIA.

Guest Guest
On 1/5/2024 at 9:01 AM, Guest 犯贱冰冰 said:

No one cares for CNY songs by MediaCorp young artistes

Ohhh how you know??

Guest Guest
On 1/12/2024 at 3:46 PM, PictureHouse said:

Tv has lack of real, good looking actors 

Tyler is actually not say very well built. His shoulders are droopy lei

Desmond is thin, skinny

Siming is nice  but with his recent long hair, wonder what's going on? 

I find zetong 耐看

You mean Desmond Tan is thin and skinny?

Zetong does not have a hot body.

Guest Guest
12 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Yy is sg and yewen is malaysian. Dont know how they are discovered 

Are both of them gay?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
10 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Tasha Low headlines new 2025 blockbuster drama Emerald Hill as female lead, squares off against Ah Jie Zoe Tay

laozoe still around lolx

On 1/31/2024 at 1:55 AM, Guest Guest said:

Tasha Low headlines new 2025 blockbuster drama Emerald Hill as female lead, squares off against Ah Jie Zoe Tay

Felin and tasha seems to be getting a lot of exposures in recent years. Its interesting mediacorp uses them in blockbuster. They are not even mediacorp people

Guest Lao Nonya
On 1/31/2024 at 1:55 AM, Guest Guest said:

Hard work pays off Lao Zoe finally get to act in Little Nonya 2 after visiting the set last time.

Is Ivan Heng appearing as Emily of Emerald Hill since this drama is set location Emerald Hill?

Guest Guest
On 2/1/2024 at 5:00 AM, bigdanbeam said:

Felin and tasha seems to be getting a lot of exposures in recent years. Its interesting mediacorp uses them in blockbuster. They are not even mediacorp people

Among the new generation, Tasha definitely has the most potential.

She has that X Factor and she managed to get into Top 10 despite not doing any campaigning at all.

But casting her in blockbuster doesn't mean much since most of Mediacorp's 'blockbuster' drama flops.

''All That Glitters' and 'Kill Sera Sera' are both major flops despite so much promotion and hype.

The dramas with top ratings is always some random low budget show like 'My Star Bride' and 'Your World In Mind'.

However, can see Mediacorp getting more and more desperate, and becoming more risk taking in terms of the dramas they produce, which is a good thing but pity their views get less and less every year. Their top rated drama 'Your World In Mind' only averaged 70k views on YouTube and that is considered their best performing drama recently - lower than most SG YouTuber influencer.

Guest Guest
On 1/27/2024 at 2:04 PM, bigdanbeam said:

715 once again in a time travel show. Last was that half period drama with carrie. All he does is to scream  and shout in this new show. A bit annoying. 

How come he looks tiny standing next to zetong?

i actually quite enjoy the show though. most of the characters’ acting are quite good. 

On 1/4/2024 at 11:09 PM, Guest Guest said:

Happy Lunar New Year! Are you guys excited for MediaCorp LNY song?

Never once

Hope nonya小娘惹2 will be good though I strongly believe jeanette aw’s reservist is just gonna be a tiny role

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/cD7wZ2KzLGPvwT5C/?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php/?photo_id=805158064989153

18 hours ago, QinWei said:

Never once

Hope nonya小娘惹2 will be good though I strongly believe jeanette aw’s reservist is just gonna be a tiny role

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/cD7wZ2KzLGPvwT5C/?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php/?photo_id=805158064989153

Who will.potong jalan the best actress this time? Joanne peh potong old xuan previously

Will zoe tay win best supporting for cameo? Joanne peh won best supporting  with only 4 episodes of screen time in 動盪的年代

Guest Becks rim is Janice
On 2/2/2024 at 1:55 PM, Guest Guest said:

..best performing drama recently - lower than most SG YouTuber influencer.

🤣😱

Guest Guest
On 2/1/2024 at 9:21 AM, Guest Lao Nonya said:

Hard work pays off Lao Zoe finally get to act in Little Nonya 2 after visiting the set last time.

Is Ivan Heng appearing as Emily of Emerald Hill since this drama is set location Emerald Hill?

Hearsay Emily will be played by Lao Zoe's nemesis in a cameo role

Guest Guest
5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Hearsay Emily will be played by Lao Zoe's nemesis in a cameo role

Fann Wong? Christina Ong?

Guest Guest
14 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Fann Wong? Christina Ong?

Likely to be fann Wong as she will finish shooting a Taiwan drama soon and be back in SG.

Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Likely to be fann Wong as she will finish shooting a Taiwan drama soon and be back in SG.

On 2/3/2024 at 6:12 PM, bigdanbeam said:

Who will.potong jalan the best actress this time? Joanne peh potong old xuan previously

Will zoe tay win best supporting for cameo? Joanne peh won best supporting  with only 4 episodes of screen time in 動盪的年代

Laozoe needs to give up fighting with the newer actresses like Chantalle and Tasha, what a disgraceful and desperate act from so-called ah jie 

Guest Guess
On 4/12/2007 at 8:13 AM, Guest Summary said:

Oh sure, if mediacorp artist is considered Civil $ervant. :D

And the artists mouthpieces

On 4/12/2007 at 8:45 AM, ikano said:

You are probably right, some unemployed ex-actor might have to do that if they cannot find a job that suit them. Its not easy to find a good job for ex-actors sometimes.

A lot of them in F&B. Lots of flops too.

Guest Oehjf
On 1/12/2024 at 10:53 PM, Guest Guest said:

How did the both get discovered by Dasmond Koh or they apply to become artistes themselves? Are they from China?

don’t ask me how I know, but dasmond flew them from malaysia and they are living with dasmond in his landed. Both got no acting, singing, hosting experience. Dasmond just sign both because handsome from malaysia and cheap. Easy to groom. 

I got inside news. 

6 hours ago, Guest Oehjf said:

don’t ask me how I know, but dasmond flew them from malaysia and they are living with dasmond in his landed. Both got no acting, singing, hosting experience. Dasmond just sign both because handsome from malaysia and cheap. Easy to groom. 

I got inside news. 

Yewen acting quite ok. Acted opp felicia chin as a young boy in love with older woman.  Quite meaty supporting role. 嫁给不同世界的你

Yangyan on the other hand not so good. Acted as a nerdy student as a sidekick to xiao xinni. Maybe a lousy role hence not much to display. 熟悉的陌生人

Current 9pm show so confusing. Timeline here and there. Yingying pregnant and a bicycle knocked her down and hospitalised. Zetong brought her home from hospital, is current 2024 , right? Then few scenes later, yy ask him, how he knows she pregnant? 🫠

Guest Guest
On 2/6/2024 at 10:19 PM, QinWei said:

true:

follow her iG or soc media for more

Of her sharing 

they said too stuckup!

Its mediacorpse not hollywood. Now with mediacorpse lacking in leading material talents, they still need to hold auditions? 来来去去就那几个人, especially the late 20s, early 30s age group.

Ok

dont find her cocky as some described her compared to some artiste!her laughter is quite cute to me
She mentioned will she open a tiktok account?
I thought she alrdy has one, or her fans did it for her??
It will be rare if u dont have a soc media account with least 1 post per day or at least a week … ….

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, QinWei said:

ben ran away influencers participated too

more inclusive as someone mentioned few days ago

Zoe tay don't know when to stop again

Guest Guest
On 2/10/2024 at 1:15 PM, QinWei said:

ben ran away influencers participated too

Are they gay, they look so btm and fcukable

Guest Guest

No one talking about Elvin’s latest IG topless posts?

Its quite hot but looks like he needs to do this to stay relevant 😁

Guest Troubled talent agency

Can’t stand Mediacock/Channel8/TCA, they are so good at neglecting artiste. Sudden turn to the new blood artistes and neglected the rest of the generation. Once awhile reflect their wrongdoing then turn to promote Laozoe generation. Pity those in the middle, no wonder more and more left Mediacock 🤬

Guest Hmmm
On 2/17/2024 at 1:49 AM, Guest Troubled talent agency said:

Can’t stand Mediacock/Channel8/TCA, they are so good at neglecting artiste. Sudden turn to the new blood artistes and neglected the rest of the generation. Once awhile reflect their wrongdoing then turn to promote Laozoe generation. Pity those in the middle, no wonder more and more left Mediacock 🤬

Are the veterans really neglected though?

Most of the veterans are already household names and don't need further promotion.

It's the new artistes who desperately need promotion because people don't watch TV anymore.

So the artistes after the 七公主 generation are generally unknown to the public. 

Before MDC twist the Star Award rules, newcomers like Ayden and Zhang Zetong couldn't even get a Top 10 nomination despite being promoted so heavily by MDC. The only one who managed to breakout is Chantelle but the rest CMI. Remember how Michelle Chia and Yvonne Lim got nominated despite barely being on TV?

This shows just how much influence MDC has lost and if they don't aggressively promote their newer stars now, who will want to join MDC?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.