Male HQ

Dogs are family? Do you agree?

Guest Inuyasha

On 7/18/2022 at 1:01 AM, Guest Inuyasha said:

I miss my doberman who died last week. Thinking of getting Corgi foelr my next companion

Corgis are adorable but they have a lot of health issues so be aware of that! Plus usually have to get them from a breeder. Ever thought of adoption? Might not be your favourite breeds but those are dogs that deserve homes too.

Guest William
On 7/19/2022 at 9:29 AM, PictureHouse said:

I'll go for Maltipoo. 

Very small,  very docile and gentle loving 

Also not too barky 

I have a westie .  My neighbourS a maltipoo , golden R and Maltese , 

Everyday these 3 will play w each others 

Guest guest
On 7/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, Yuquidam2022 said:

Yes, dogs are family because they're loyal, and unconditional in their affection.

Nothing like having a pet dog jumping around you and asking to be hugged upon stepping into house after work. 

Since dogs life is not long, i cannot take it when they died. So i cannot have dog.

On 7/19/2022 at 11:53 PM, Coolbriz said:

Ya, after so many years I still miss my Jack Russell. Up till now, couldn’t muster the courage to get another companion. 

On 7/19/2022 at 9:25 PM, Guest guest said:

Since dogs life is not long, i cannot take it when they died. So i cannot have dog.

On 7/19/2022 at 11:34 PM, doncoin said:

Yes. It is just my dog and I. 

I feel all 3 of you. Indeed.

I had 2 Mongrels and a white Jack Russel when I was still in school. Couldn't quite bring myself to get another dog after them.

On 7/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, Guest Hope35 said:

I was asked to relocate to Paris 3 years ago but I declined because i had to leave my Jack Rusell behind. I chose the dog and resigned..

It is not that complicated to bring a dog overseas, especially to Europe. You just have to make sure you have all the vaccination records etc. ready, and depending on the country, some countries don't even require quarantine as long as your dog meets all the requirements. I know Italy is easy as I have friends who brought their dog with them when they went to Lake Como recently. No quarantine at all. 

Love. 

• 1 month later...

Lost my German Shepard this Tuesday morning due to gastric volvulus. Went away peacefully in its sleep. Can definitely relate.

Perhaps it's grief talking, but every time I walk through my gate now, I pause and stand at the little opening, waiting for my dog to come out to greet me and sniff around. It no longer happens. A friend of mine said, it sucks that we have to go through a painful episodes with our dogs to learn more about them. I wholeheartedly agree.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:34 PM, notd said:

Lost my German Shepard this Tuesday morning due to gastric volvulus. Went away peacefully in its sleep. Can definitely relate.

Perhaps it's grief talking, but every time I walk through my gate now, I pause and stand at the little opening, waiting for my dog to come out to greet me and sniff around. It no longer happens. A friend of mine said, it sucks that we have to go through a painful episodes with our dogs to learn more about them. I wholeheartedly agree.

This is why i do not want to have dog cause i do not want to go through the sad phase when the dog dies.

When we were a family, my wife wanted to have a dog mainly for the children, and we got a nice Dalmatian.  When we separated,  my wife left the dog behind "because she hadn't fully bonded with it",  and so I took loving care of the nice pet until it passed away.  This episode made me weight the benefits of a loving animal versus the responsibility of giving it a good life.  Since I love myself very much,  I don't need the company of a pet who loves me and adores me as a god.   Instead, I got a boyfriend, ha ha.  Now that my bf has passed away,  I am by myself again,  but I enjoy my solitude.   And I take good care of myself.  I will see what the future brings to my side again, if anyone.

Guest Sex vibe
On 9/2/2022 at 4:05 AM, Steve5380 said:

It is nice to get some adoration from a dog.   But isn't it more valuable to get some adoration from a human?

You are obviously deprived. Are you planning to travel again or too old to leave your comfort zone ? Otherwise adopt a dog, cat or butterfly for doing a good cause. 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:56 PM, Guest Sex vibe said:

You are obviously deprived. Are you planning to travel again or too old to leave your comfort zone ? Otherwise adopt a dog, cat or butterfly for doing a good cause. 

I am deprived of negative feelings.  I am optimistic, and have plenty of comfort doing all the activities I have always done, including traveling when the time comes.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:58 AM, Why? said:

I love to have a dog.......BUT

To think of its body odor, bad breath and poor toilet manner, deters the thought of adopting one. 

How did you guys manage so well? Please convince me.  

Actually, dogs smell really nice if you shower them properly. If you love someone, you will also embrace any shortcomings including bad breath. I have heard many success stories of having dogs toilet-trained. So far my one and only was easily trained within a month or so. 

Then again, if you have issues with what you have mentioned, it’s best not to adopt or buy one because once relationship is established even within a short time, it can be hurting for both parties if you decide to let it go after regretting your decision. It’s pretty much a long term commitment.

Be cool, like a breeze...

I feel like Singaporean are not natural pet lover. Compared to American. 

Can see the dogs really love their American families? 

In Singapore I usually see like the maid walk the dog. Or when it's the owner who walked the dog. Can feel like there is a master slave relationship. 

Not like those American the feeling is more like leader and pack relationship. 

Its weird. I think Singaporean are not good in expressing love in general. 

American more verbal. Change tone when talk to dog. Rub them. Play with them. 

Singapore own pet is more like "I paid alot to own you. You are meant to make me happy. So obey" 

On 7/20/2022 at 4:47 AM, Guest Hope35 said:

I was asked to relocate to Paris 3 years ago but I declined because i had to leave my Jack Rusell behind. I chose the dog and resigned..

Good man you 👍

On 9/2/2022 at 11:58 AM, Why? said:

I love to have a dog.......BUT

To think of its body odor, bad breath and poor toilet manner, deters the thought of adopting one. 

How did you guys manage so well? Please convince me.  

Bath them, not excessively though, brush and floss them, toilet trained them.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 8/28/2022 at 10:34 PM, notd said:

So sorry to hear that. :(

On 8/28/2022 at 9:34 AM, notd said:

I fully empathize with your grief.  I still have at home many possessions that belonged to my late bf, who passed away four years ago,  and I do now alone activities that we used to do together.  But little by little the grief is subsiding, and what used to bring tears to my eyes now elicit my smile, with the memory of some happy moment of the past.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, Guest Nop said:

I feel like Singaporean are not natural pet lover. Compared to American. 

Can see the dogs really love their American families? 

Not like those American the feeling is more like leader and pack relationship. 

It isn't quite accurate, and there's a reason why, in my world view opinion. In America, dogs function as "playthings" and guardians of the family, especially a source of amusement for those who live in suburbia. Their dog has more space to roam, look more active and happy as a result. Not to mention the owner and pet smell similar since both don't shower regularly.Thus the strong bond is forged naturally.  

Due to a lack of space, dogs in Singapore just coexist with the rules that pet owners must follow in order to maintain their pet.  Thus, it seems that dogs and their owners in Singapore do not have a lot of freedom to do what dogs are surpposed to do, like running, playing and barking.  Many owners, just perfunctoritly took them out to pee and poop before shutting them indoor again. Due to  owner's work, committment, the bonding was given to the exhausted maid to look after them  Therefore, most dogs will appear fat, lathargic, and more jaded. which is not sign of ill-treatement but restricted activities.  I will not be surprised the dog will protect the maid rather than its owner eventually. 

Edited by Why?

On 9/4/2022 at 6:00 AM, Why? said:

Due to a lack of space, dogs in Singapore just coexist with the rules that pet owners must follow in order to maintain their pet.  Thus, it seems that dogs and their owners in Singapore do not have a lot of freedom to do what dogs are surpposed to do, like running, playing and barking.  Many owners, just perfunctoritly took them out to pee and poop before shutting them indoor again. Due to  owner's work, committment, the bonding was given to the exhausted maid to look after them  Therefore, most dogs will appear fat, lathargic, and more jaded. which is not sign of ill-treatement but restricted activities.  I will not be surprised the dog will protect the maid rather than its owner eventually. 

I think that you are right here.  Dogs should have owners who live in a house with a backyard.  Cats can fit in a large apartment.  But small apartments should only accommodate smaller pets that need less walking around.  Like goldfish. 

• 4 months later...

Yes they are my family from 1st month he is here cause he can't fight for milk from his siblings every 2 hours we take turn to feed him milk until 3monthhs old then he start eating a bit normal on schedule up to now near o 10yrs where his immune system not that strong but still trying his best to accompany us daily.. definitely a family member and not just an animal to us

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.