Male HQ

Elon Musk and Twitter

sgmaven

5 hours ago, singalion said:

I assume any posts include those under your earlier Guest Monikers "Logical" and "Mississippi Paddlefish".

As is usual, you are distracting and diverting attention away to something else  after failing to show substantiation that I have said or thought Time Magazine is biased. You should show your substantiation since you claim I said or thought so. 

10 hours ago, singalion said:

If you think the Time Magazine is biased, then how come you base your argument on a such critical media organisation?

5 hours ago, 7heaven said:

As is usual, you are distracting and diverting attention away to something else  after failing to show substantiation that I have said or thought Time Magazine is biased. You should show your substantiation since you claim I said or thought so. 

Why should be any distraction. ... 

You manifested your opinion on "mainstream media" on BW so many times... is there something to add? 

And now Time Magazine is an exception only because Musk was nominated? 

I don't have any issue if you now love Time Magazine... but your new found love invalidates all your posts on "mainstream media". 

You can't argue on both sides of the coin, that makes you inconsistent. 

Edited by singalion

5 hours ago, 7heaven said:

You manifested your opinion on "mainstream media" on BW so many times... is there something to add? 

I don't have any issue if you now love Time Magazine...... but your new found love invalidates all your posts on "mainstream media". 

Edited by singalion

13 hours ago, singalion said:

I don't have any issue if you now love Time Magazine... but your new found love invalidates all your posts on "mainstream media". 

Here you have specifically asserted that I had thought that Time Magazine is biased. And when you are asked to provide substantiation, you are unable to. 

And then you had assumed that my definition of mainstream media includes Time Magazine. You keep assuming things and attributes your own assumptions to others just to fit your own narrative. Lol 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:11 AM, singalion said:

If you think the Time Magazine is biased, then how come you base your argument on a such critical media organisation?

13 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

Here you have specifically asserted that I had thought that Time Magazine is biased. And when you are asked to provide substantiation, you are unable to. 

And then you had assumed that my definition of mainstream media includes Time Magazine. You keep assuming things and attributes your own assumptions to others just to fit your own narrative. Lol 

Time Magazine is not part of the mainstream media to you 7heaven?

9 hours ago, singalion said:

Time Magazine is not part of the mainstream media to you 7heaven?

Show me substantiation that I had thought Time Magazine is biased. This is what you said about what I thought. 

1 hour ago, 7heaven said:

Show me substantiation that I had thought Time Magazine is biased. This is what you said about what I thought. 

Do you deny or intend to retract now what you wrote about "mainstream media"?

So you don't want to reply?

Before you forgot the question, here it is again:

Time Magazine is not part of the mainstream media to you 7heaven?

Edited by singalion

Elon Musk is just an individual, an average among the 8 billion humans in existence.   In this world, he is nothing more than one more human body,  the bones, the flesh, the brain, etc.  It does not matter if he is "the richest" man on earth.  It is impossible for him to CONSUME his fortune.  It either stays there as part of the economy,  or he can lose it if he misspends, squanders it away.  Even if he does this, this fortune will not be completely wasted but may get reassigned.  Some people with much less money, use their fortune for evil.  Example is some Donald Trump,  who made some alleged fortune in some devious, criminal ways,  and uses it to screw others.  This is the guy who needs to be watched and eventually be taken out of circulation.

11 hours ago, singalion said:

Do you deny or intend to retract now what you wrote about "mainstream media"?

So you don't want to reply?

Before you forgot the question, here it is again:

Time Magazine is not part of the mainstream media to you 7heaven?

You said I thought Time Magazine is biased. Show us the substantiation that I had specifically thought that Time Magazine is biased. Singalion, are you able to show substantiation?

I used to have a good opinion of Musk, bordering on admiration for his technological achievements.

Since the beginning of his twitter saga my opinion of his smartness dropped significantly.   Now reading this new article I think that the best qualification for him is that of TOTAL MORON.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-musk-anthony-fauci-prosecution_n_6395f2c5e4b0c28146445efe

Elon Musk Calls For Fauci's Prosecution, Attacks Twitter’s Ex-Safety Head

The billionaire has made it easier to spread COVID-19 misinformation on Twitter since taking over and has parroted right-wing conspiracy theorists.
Elon Musk told his 120 million Twitter followers on Sunday that Dr. Anthony Fauci should be criminally prosecuted, echoing talking points from the far-right conspiracy theorists he has increasingly aligned himself with on the platform.

Twitter relaunches blue tick service with higher price for iPhone users

Those willing to pay $8 on the web or $11 a month via Apple’s app store will get more prominence

Twitter is relaunching its subscription service on Monday, offering users verified status for $8 (£6.50) a month or $11 a month on their iPhone.

The move follows a botched revamp of the service last month that resulted in a host of impersonator accounts appearing on the platform as some users took advantage of the chance to launch bogus “verified” accounts for major companies and public figures.

Twitter did not explain why Apple users were being charged more than others on the web but Musk has been openly critical of the fees charged in its app store.

what is the logic? Just revenge?

It looks like back stabbing to me.

Edited by singalion

13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I used to have a good opinion of Musk, bordering on admiration for his technological achievements.

Since the beginning of his twitter saga my opinion of his smartness dropped significantly.   Now reading this new article I think that the best qualification for him is that of TOTAL MORON.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-musk-anthony-fauci-prosecution_n_6395f2c5e4b0c28146445efe

The billionaire has made it easier to spread COVID-19 misinformation on Twitter since taking over and has parroted right-wing conspiracy theorists.
Elon Musk told his 120 million Twitter followers on Sunday that Dr. Anthony Fauci should be criminally prosecuted, echoing talking points from the far-right conspiracy theorists he has increasingly aligned himself with on the platform.

I guess Musk intends to get the fringe right wing extremists who are on truth social, parler and these other tweet sort of apps back to Twitter.

He needs better user account data to sell the ads. after he lost a huge junk of accounts... he needs to get more people onto the social app.

I don't think he is doing himself a favour, because the more of these fringe extremists turn up on twitter, the more centered, reasonable people will leave.

Elon Musk accused of turning Twitter offices into bedrooms

San Francisco investigating Twitter after complaint says it converted rooms in its HQ into sleeping quarters

Thu 8 Dec 2022

Twitter is under investigation by city officials in San Francisco following a complaint that the company allegedly converted rooms in its headquarters to sleeping quarters, an inquiry that has drawn scorn from Elon Musk.

A room allegedly converted to a bedrooms at Twitter’s offices in San Francisco

As of Monday, the office has “modest bedrooms featuring unmade mattresses, drab curtains and giant conference-room telepresence monitors” with four to eight beds a floor, employees told Forbes. The changes appear to be part of Musk’s plan for “hardcore Twitter” in which he’s demanded workers dedicate “long hours at high intensity” after he fired nearly half the company’s workforce.

An office room allegedly converted to sleeping area at Twitter’s office.

Another room with a sofabed at Twitter’s offices in San Francisco.

Oh, slavery is back in the US!

Edited by singalion

No more piano man for twitter....

Elton John quits Twitter over change that ‘allows misinformation to flourish’

Sir Elton John has said that he will no longer use Twitter after a change in its policy that he says will allow “misinformation to flourish unchecked”.

The 75-year-old musician’s comments come after Elon Musk, who bought the social media outlet for $44bn (£35.9bn), said he was granting “general amnesty” for suspended accounts, which experts have said would lead to “superspreaders of hate” returning to the platform.

On Friday, John tweeted: “All my life I’ve tried to use music to bring people together. Yet it saddens me to see how misinformation is now being used to divide our world.

“I’ve decided to no longer use Twitter, given their recent change in policy which will allow misinformation to flourish unchecked.”

Did Elton John have a prediction?

And The House Fell Down

Elton John

Edited by singalion

13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Don't you think part of it is to stir up as much controversy as possible, so as to drive interest in the platform? I started to suspect that, when Musk accused Apple of trying to "deplatform" Twitter from the App Store, when there was no evidence for it. A call with Tim Cook later confirmed that Apple had no plans of such. No rational businessman would level such accusations against Fauci or Apple, without first verifying the facts. However, he would rather face a lawsuit, since it would give him and twitter more media coverage and publicity...

Слава Україні!

1 hour ago, sgmaven said:

Don't you think part of it is to stir up as much controversy as possible, so as to drive interest in the platform? I started to suspect that, when Musk accused Apple of trying to "deplatform" Twitter from the App Store, when there was no evidence for it. A call with Tim Cook later confirmed that Apple had no plans of such. No rational businessman would level such accusations against Fauci or Apple, without first verifying the facts. However, he would rather face a lawsuit, since it would give him and twitter more media coverage and publicity...

Yes, this can make sense.   It is the same as to estimate that the leaders of BW have brought in Guest Guest and @7heaven to stir up as much controversy as possible in threads like the US politics and this one to drive interest and endless discussions.   And it seems to work!   I get a lot of chuckles engaging these discussions with humor.

It is getting even worse....

just in:

Twitter disbands Trust and Safety Council

Twitter disbanded its "Trust and Safety Council," according to an email sent Monday night to the members of the panel that was obtained by news outlets including Axios.

Why it matters: It's another example of owner Elon Musk rolling back years of efforts designed to make the social media site a more civil and safer place, per the Washington Post.

Context: The council comprised dozens of expert advisory groups volunteering since 2016 to address what the since-deleted page described as "issues critical to the health of the public conversation."

• Their key focus areas were online safety and harassment, human and digital rights, suicide prevention and mental health, child sexual exploitation and dehumanization.
  •  
  • Members of the group included GLAAD, the Human Rights Foundation, the Samaritans, the International Network Against Cyberhate and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
  •  
  • Council member Alex Holmes noted in a tweet Monday night that the group of volunteers was at no point responsible for decision-making on the platform.
  •  

Driving the news: "As Twitter moves into a new phase, we are reevaluating how best to bring external insights into our product and policy development work," the company said in the email thanking the volunteers for their work.

• "As part of this process, we have decided that the Trust and Safety Council is not the best structure to do this," added the email, signed only "Twitter."
  •  
  • "Our work to make Twitter a safe, informative place will be moving faster and more aggressively than ever before and we will continue to welcome your ideas going forward about how to achieve this goal," it read.
  •  

Of note: Twitter canceled a meeting with the volunteers before sending the email, per a tweet from Holmes, deputy CEO of nonprofit The Diana Award.

• Holmes said that over the past week "several members of council have had their personal safety and well-being impacted by the actions of Twitter staff."
  •  

What they're saying: "Twitter has made it abundantly clear that trust and safety are no longer priorities for the company, given this abrupt dismissal of the Trust & Safety Council as well as its dangerous policy choices over the last month and invitations for suspended accounts to rejoin," a GLAAD spokesperson told Axios.

• "Until the company returns to following basic industry-wide best practices on hateful content, the platform clearly remains unsafe not only for LGBTQ users but for brands and advertisers."

• The Committee to Protect Journalists, a nonprofit that promotes press freedom worldwide, and another council member said the action was a cause for "grave concern, particularly as it is coupled with increasingly hostile statements by Twitter owner Elon Musk about journalists and the media."
  •  

The big picture: Musk has committed to making Twitter a haven for free speech, but he has also said the removal of child sexual abuse material is his "number one priority."

• The company has lost roughly two thirds of its staff since Musk took over, including many employees who worked on trust and safety and related areas.
  •  

Flashback: Three members of the council resigned last week in protest at the Twitter changes, citing in a statement evidence they said showed that "contrary to claims by Elon Musk, the safety and wellbeing of Twitter's users are on the decline."

• Musk responded by tweeting "It is a crime that they refused to take action on child exploitation for years!" — prompting Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey to call Musk's claim "false."

Members of Twitter’s Trust & Safety Council Resign in Protest Against Elon Musk’s ‘Safety’ Messages to Date

We are announcing our resignation from Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council because it is clear from research evidence that, contrary to claims by Elon Musk, the safety and wellbeing of Twitter’s users are on the decline. The question has been on our minds: Should Musk be allowed to define digital safety as he has freedom of expression? Our answer is a categorical “no.”

Eirliani Abdul Rahman and Anne Collier have been members of Twitter’s Trust & Safety Council since its inception in 2016. Eirliani was the first female representative from Asia and had served on the Council’s Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Prevention advisory group. Anne has been working with social media platforms on youth digital safety for more than 20 years and served on the Twitter Council’s Online Safety and Harassment Prevention group.

We know that, even after the resignations and dismissals of thousands of employees, there are people working at Twitter who care about reducing hate speech and protecting users on the platform. We are deeply saddened by this decision because Twitter has been a place of joy in many ways: our work with fellow Council members, interacting with our professional networks, and supporting the public discussion about our respective passions.

Despite a lack of acknowledgment on the part of Twitter’s new ownership, we would like to acknowledge the hard work of all members of its Trust and Safety Council over the past six years. The establishment of the Council represented Twitter’s commitment to move away from a US-centric approach to user safety, stronger collaboration across regions, and the importance of having deeply experienced people on the safety team. That last commitment is no longer evident, given Twitter’s recent statement that it will rely more heavily on automated content moderation. Algorithmic systems can only go so far in protecting users from ever evolving abuse and hate speech before detectable patterns have developed.

Anne: “Having followed the research on youth online risk since 1999, I know how hard it is for platforms to get it right, honoring young users’ rights of protection, participation and privacy simultaneously. But some progress has been made in the industry. Tragically, the research shows that Twitter is going in the opposite direction, and I can no longer find a reason to stay in tacit support of what Twitter has become.”

Eirliani: “I have watched with, dare I say, trepidation, the negotiations over Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter. I had written down some commitments to myself at the time. Should Musk step over those thresholds, I told myself I would resign. Those red lines have been crossed. We know from research by the Anti-Defamation League and the Center for Countering Digital Hate that slurs against Black Americans and gay men have jumped 195 percent and 58 percent respectively since Musk’s takeover. Antisemitic posts have soared more than 61 percent in the two weeks after Musk’s acquiring of Twitter. Another red line for me was when previously banned accounts such as those on the far right, and those who had incited others to violence, such as then US President Donald Trump’s, were reinstated.”

We fear a two-tiered Twitter: one for those who can pay and reap the benefits, and another one for those who cannot. This, we fear, will take away the credibility of the system and the beauty of Twitter, the platform where anyone could be heard, regardless of the number of their followers.

We cannot therefore, in full conscience, remain on Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council for reasons above. A Twitter ruled by diktat is not a place for us. Content moderation is a nuanced business that requires full transparency, adherence to policies informed by best practices and advice from trusted partners on the ground as well as dedicated resources. This is in no way a disavowal of our friends who remain on the Council. They choose to do so for their own reasons, including continued safeguarding and the hope that reason will prevail.

Eirliani Abdul Rahman
Co-Founder
YAKIN (Youth, Adult survivors & Kin In Need)
Email: eirliani@gmail.com
Twitter: @eirliani

Anne Collier
Founder and Executive Director
The Net Safety Collaborative
Email: anne@netfamilynews.org
Twitter: @annecollier

Lesley Podesta
Young and Resilient Research Center
Western Sydney University
Email: lesleypodesta@gmail.com
Twitter: @podesta_lesley

Edited by singalion

Sweet irony. Bernard Arnault, owner of LVMH & a score European luxury brands,

has overtaken Elon Musk as the richest man in the world, according to Forbes.

French sophistication beats US clueless hi-tech.

Arnault attended Biden's State Dinner, Musk didn't.

Elon Musk is no longer the richest person in the world

Published Mon, Dec 12 2022

• Elon Musk is no longer the wealthiest person, according to Forbes, after a decline in Tesla share price meant that LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault knocked him from his lofty perch.
  • Musk held the title of the world’s wealthiest man since September 2021, when he overtook Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.

Edited by singalion

Besides not suspending accounts that calls for eradication of a country, the previous management of Twitter allow users to view child sexual exploitation materials for years. 

Fortunately for Twitter users, the new owner Musk has done the right thing to remove them. Had musk not bought Twitter, we wonder how many more children would suffer as an indirect inaction of the former Twitter management. The activists seem to be missing for years on this issue. 

——————

10 Million Views Of Child Sexual Exploitation Material Allegedly Watched On ‘Old Twitter’: Report

An independent cybersecurity data analyst working alongside top officials at Twitter found accounts posting content that allegedly sexually exploited children garnered more than ten million views on the platform under previous ownership.

Andrea Stroppa, founder of cybersecurity group Ghost Data, personally funded research last summer that resulted in the eradication of more than 500 accounts soliciting Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM), which led approximately 30 major advertisers to pull or pause their ad services on their Twitter accounts.

A new report from the data analyst released Friday found that more than 95% of several active accounts exploiting CSAM, which allegedly included videos of children and teens involved in sexual activities, “acted with impunity for years.”

The more we work on child sexual abuse material on Twitter, the more we find the HELL left by the old Twitter management,” Stroppa wrote in a Twitter thread.

Stroppa said those accounts have since been taken down.

Twitter’s alleged CSAM problem has been documented for more than a decade.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/10-million-views-of-child-sexual-exploitation-material-allegedly-watched-on-old-twitter-report

18 hours ago, singalion said:

Sweet irony. Bernard Arnault, owner of LVMH & a score European luxury brands,

has overtaken Elon Musk as the richest man in the world, according to Forbes.

French sophistication beats US clueless hi-tech.

Arnault attended Biden's State Dinner, Musk didn't.

Elon Musk is no longer the richest person in the world

Published Mon, Dec 12 2022

• Elon Musk is no longer the wealthiest person, according to Forbes, after a decline in Tesla share price meant that LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault knocked him from his lofty perch.
  • Musk held the title of the world’s wealthiest man since September 2021, when he overtook Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.

Elon Musk not only is no longer the richest person in the world,  he has fallen from grace in the eyes of many people like me.  He is not a genius.  He has good skills in applying technology and he seems to be a shrewd businessman.  He has not personally advanced science, not with Tesla, not with his rockets, not with other projects.  He is not an Edison, or a Nicola Tesla.

Anthony Fauci is different.  He is a scientist,  He has advanced the science of antiviral drugs, respiratory illnesses and other medical achievements, saving the life of millions of people.   And in his involuntary confrontation with Musk he has shown who is the one who has class.  It is not Musk.

Elon Musk has proven to be one the brightest and revolutionary leaders in science and business of this generation. In the eyes of many around the world, he is admired and very well respected. It is no wonder he was named Time Magazine Person of the year in 2021, and was again nominated in 2022. Nobody in US even those so-called heros of woke crowd seem to even have such distinctions. 

However, it is his great misfortune that after he bought Twitter and openly exposed the inconvenient truths about a certain political party and no longer support this party, he is being actively cancelled by their supporters, activists and media organisations which are also supporters of this political party. 

Musk is smart, extremely smart and capable and will be able to defeat the cancel culture that is thrown his way. Time will prove that Musk is right in exposing the toxicity of activists etc that are actually not contributing to anything to the betterment of mankind, unlike Musk who gave the world Tesla, SpaceX, soon to be hyper loop, neuralink etc. 

Edited by 7heaven
B

On 12/13/2022 at 11:30 PM, 7heaven said:

Besides not suspending accounts that calls for eradication of a country, the previous management of Twitter allow users to view child sexual exploitation materials for years. 

Fortunately for Twitter users, the new owner Musk has done the right thing to remove them. Had musk not bought Twitter, we wonder how many more children would suffer as an indirect inaction of the former Twitter management. The activists seem to be missing for years on this issue. 

——————

10 Million Views Of Child Sexual Exploitation Material Allegedly Watched On ‘Old Twitter’: Report

An independent cybersecurity data analyst working alongside top officials at Twitter found accounts posting content that allegedly sexually exploited children garnered more than ten million views on the platform under previous ownership.

To me this looks very much like distraction.

It is this strategy of pointing to mistakes done by earlier staff, managers or CEO to make the own mistakes look better in the public. It is a finger pointing to past actions by omitting to talk about the real current issues at Twitter.

That is somehow this "Oh, look how bad they were, we are so much better" effect that they intend to achieve by pulling this into the front page now.

It is an easy means to distract the audience from the current issues at Twitter.

What is a fact is that all social media platforms struggle to identify Child Exploitation Material and to counter it. And not just the social media but also the investigation authorities can't come up in sufficiently investigating and charging criminals. 

While we all find such Child Sexual Exploitation videos and posts extremely abhorrent, the fight against it seems not manageable.

When Facebook addressed the issue with AI software, then suddenly people were complaining that innocent pictures or posts were deleted as the artificial intelligence running the censoring captured harmless family photos or videos or stuck on certain buzzwords.

Therefore, it is nearly impossible for any social media such as twitter to capture or block all Child Sexual Abuse materials.

Looking this issue it is clear that the blame on the former twitter is unjustified and seems only to serve as some lame marketing or bragging how good Twitter is doing now, (while we don't have any actual data available if any changes are successful).

Here is the substantiation, how difficult the fight against Child Sexual Abuse is:

Just look at the figures:

What is Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM)

Aug 25, 2022

While the internet is indispensable to our lives, it does have a dark side: pictures and videos that capture the sexual abuse of children are more common, and easier to access, than ever.

How is child sexual abuse material distributed online?

Child sexual abuse material, or CSAM, is widely distributed online. In 2021 alone, more than 29 million reports of suspected child sexual exploitation were reported by online platforms to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s CyberTipline, and that number is growing. Those 29 million reports included 84.9 million images and videos of CSAM.

If you come across CSAM online, please report it to the CyberTipline.

Who creates and distributes CSAM?

Studies have shown that the majority of those possessing and distributing CSAM also commit hands-on sexual offenses against minors. Most of the time, the abuse has been committed by someone that the child knows and trusts. Offenders often use grooming techniques to normalize sexual contact and encourage secrecy.

The US Now Hosts More Child Sexual Abuse Material than any Other Country

The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) found 252,194 URLs containing or advertising CSAM in 2021, a 64% increase from 2020. “That sudden spike in material can be attributed at least partly to the fact that a number of CSAM sites have switched servers from the Netherlands to the US, taking a sizable amount of traffic with them,” Chris Hughes, the director of the IWF’s hotline, told MIT Technology Review. “The Netherlands had hosted more CSAM than any other country since 2016 but has now been overtaken by the US.”

"[T]he rapidly growing CSAM problem in the US is attributable to a number of more long-term factors. The first is the country’s sheer size and the fact that it’s home to the highest number of data centers and secure internet servers in the world, creating fast networks with swift, stable connections that are attractive to CSAM hosting sites,” according to Technology Review.

In addition, US law enforcement agencies are overwhelmed with the number of leads they receive, and are only able to investigate a small portion of CSAM cases.

https://www.rainn.org/news/what-child-sexual-abuse-material-csam

Edited by singalion

3 hours ago, 7heaven said:

Elon Musk has proven to be one the brightest and revolutionary leaders in science and business of this generation. In the eyes of many around the world, he is admired and very well respected. It is no wonder he was named Time Magazine Person of the year in 2021, and was again nominated in 2022. Nobody in US even those so-called heros of woke crowd seem to even have such distinctions. 

However, it is his great misfortune that after he bought Twitter and openly exposed the inconvenient truths about a certain political party and no longer support this party, he is being actively cancelled by their supporters, activists and media organisations which are also supporters of this political party. 

Musk is smart, extremely smart and capable and will be able to defeat the cancel culture that is thrown his way. Time will prove that Musk is right in exposing the toxicity of activists etc that are actually not contributing to anything to the betterment of mankind, unlike Musk who gave the world Tesla, SpaceX, soon to be hyper loop, neuralink etc. 

Elon Musk has embarrassed himself with Twitter as much as you do every day with your irrational glorifying of people that don't deserve any applause.

If Elon Musk had been that bright guy, then why did he buy Twitter totally overpriced and after signing the purchase agreement for Twitter in April, out of a sudden tried by all means to get rid of the Twitter platform and to step out of his purchase agreement with lousy reasons, that no judge ever bought... then when he had no other chance he had to bulk out 44 billion USD taking money from Tesla to pay the purchase...

This whole episode already doesn't sound to me like a brilliant or bright businessman!

And let's not talk about SpaceX... flying people into orbit or looking at mars colonisation... ok... hm...

While SpaceX promotes reusability of rockets, there is still a huge factor that impacts climate change and pollution.

Edited by singalion

6 hours ago, 7heaven said:

Elon Musk has proven to be one the brightest and revolutionary leaders in science and business of this generation.

First, you should eliminate from your brain the idiotic expression "cancel culture" used by followers of a specific political party.   And by the way,  by now owning twitter he is now in possession of one of the strongest "cancel culture" weapons, and he just used it to "culturally cancel"  Antony Fauci.  

As an engineer and businessman he has promoted companies like Tesla, SpaceX, Boring company, etc.  But this is far from being "brightest and revolutionary leader in science".   There is little revolutionary in his enterprises, be in electric cars or space rockets or boring tunnels.  His contribution to the world does not compare to the contributions by Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Alexander Graham Bell, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, and....  Antony Fauci.

He is more like a Henry Ford, who promoted the industry of automobiles, which he did not invent. 

Edited by Steve5380

5 hours ago, singalion said:

Elon Musk has embarrassed himself with Twitter as much as you do every day with your irrational glorifying of people that don't deserve any applause.

If Elon Musk had been that bright guy, then why did he buy Twitter totally overpriced and after signing the purchase agreement for Twitter in April, out of a sudden tried by all means to get rid of the Twitter platform and to step out of his purchase agreement with lousy reasons, that no judge ever bought... then when he had no other chance he had to bulk out 44 billion USD taking money from Tesla to pay the purchase...

This whole episode already doesn't sound to me like a brilliant or bright businessman!

And let's not talk about SpaceX... flying people into orbit or looking at mars colonisation... ok... hm...

While SpaceX promotes reusability of rockets, there is still a huge factor that impacts climate change and pollution.

Elon Musk single handedly embarrassed the huge machinery of left wing activists and media organisations, and exposed the braided collusion between these activists and the willing employees under former Twitter management. With they work in tandem to propagandise their agenda, they failed to reign in on actual threats like incitement of violence and child pornography. Musk had to spend part of his vast wealth to pick up the pieces and mess left by the previous management. 

If Musk has not be so bright, how did he become the richest person in the world to begin with that allowed him to overspend on Twitter? 

Why should we not talk about Musk’s SpaceX which revolutionised rocket technology? Even Biden needed SpaceX help. 

With his diverse interests in vastly different aspects of science and technology, it shows his versatility and he is able to contribute to the betterment of many segments and demographics of the world population. Not even Jeff Bezos or Mark Zuckerberg or Larry Ellison or Bill Gates can match his brilliance. 

4 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

Elon Musk single handedly embarrassed the huge machinery of left wing activists and media organisations, and exposed the braided collusion between these activists and the willing employees under former Twitter management. With they work in tandem to propagandise their agenda, they failed to reign in on actual threats like incitement of violence and child pornography. Musk had to spend part of his vast wealth to pick up the pieces and mess left by the previous management. 

If Musk has not be so bright, how did he become the richest person in the world to begin with that allowed him to overspend on Twitter? 

Why should we not talk about Musk’s SpaceX which revolutionised rocket technology? Even Biden needed SpaceX help. 

With his diverse interests in vastly different aspects of science and technology, it shows his versatility and he is able to contribute to the betterment of many segments and demographics of the world population. Not even Jeff Bezos or Mark Zuckerberg or Larry Ellison or Bill Gates can match his brilliance. 

Send me your address, I will send you an oversized poster of Elon Musk that you can hang in your room and you can bow to him every day!

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

First, you should eliminate from your brain the idiotic expression "cancel culture" used by followers of a specific political party.   And by the way,  by now owning twitter he is now in possession of one of the strongest "cancel culture" weapons, and he just used it to "culturally cancel"  Antony Fauci.  

As an engineer and businessman he has promoted companies like Tesla, SpaceX, Boring company, etc.  But this is far from being "brightest and revolutionary leader in science".   There is little revolutionary in his enterprises, be in electric cars or space rockets or boring tunnels.  His contribution to the world does not compare to the contributions by Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Alexander Graham Bell, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, and....  Antony Fauci.

He is more like a Henry Ford, who promoted the industry of automobiles, which he did not invent. 

First, you should accept the toxicity of the cancel culture quickly gaining momentum in US, especially perpetually from a specific political party. It is their go-to playbook to deal with people whom they disagree with. 

If Anthony Fauci is right, nobody can make him appear wrong. If he is wrong, it does not take much effort to realise it. 

Musk’s contribution to the world can be compared with Bell, Tesla, Einstein and multiple levels more than Fauci. If they’re a new category of Nobel Prize for Everything, Musk is more than deserving of it. 

Edited by 7heaven
b

5 minutes ago, singalion said:

Send me your address, I will send you an oversized poster of Elon Musk that you can hang in your room and you can bow to him every day!

Send me your address, I will have mental health professionals visit you at the comfort of your home to have a chat with you. 

Edited by 7heaven
Mental

12 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

Send me your address, I will have mental health professionals visit you at the comfort of your home to have a chat with you. 

I assume any mental health professional would be more suited to visit you!

Just look how departed from reality you seem. 

And the way you post your admiration for Musk seems similar to a 3 year old kid admiring his hero superman...

8 hours ago, singalion said:

And the way you post your admiration for Musk seems similar to a 3 year old kid admiring his hero superman...

Better off admiring Elon Musk than admiring Senile Biden like some 3 year old kid admiring her hero wonder woman.

9 hours ago, 7heaven said:

First, you should accept the toxicity of the cancel culture quickly gaining momentum in US, especially perpetually from a specific political party. It is their go-to playbook to deal with people whom they disagree with. 

That has nothing to do with toxicity of cancel culture. What a weird word creation already. 

Why should professional forums permit pathological liars, truth distorters and insecturrists hold talks and speeches?

To spread their hate, untruths and demagoguery?

These guys receive already too much media attention. 

Are professional forums inviting left wing radical extremists to hold speeches, talks or discussions. 

The point you fail to understand is that these people on the right have become the same extremists as those radicals on the left. 

People who incite violence, disrespect law and constitution and spread hate should be kept away from forums. 

This means these right extremist radicals should be treated the same as those from the left. 

Unfortunately, in recent years this radical right extremism has crept into the Republican party. As to a research nearly half of Republican Congress members associate with such right extremist radicals. 

And when professional forums don't invite them to talk, they claim cancel culture. 

Reasonable people and professional forums do not want to hear these radical extremists hate, untruths, conspiracy theories and demagoguery. 

Social media shouldn't give them a forum also to spread their hate and extremist radical views. 

The toxicity doesn't come from not being invited but from the views and actions of those radicals. 

Edited by singalion

7 hours ago, singalion said:

That has nothing to do with toxicity of cancel culture. What a weird word creation already. 

Why should professional forums permit pathological liars, truth distorters and insecturrists hold talks and speeches?

To spread their hate, untruths and demagoguery?

These guys receive already too much media attention. 

Are professional forums inviting left wing radical extremists to hold speeches, talks or discussions. 

The point you fail to understand is that these people on the right have become the same extremists as those radicals on the left. 

People who incite violence, disrespect law and constitution and spread hate should be kept away from forums. 

This means these right extremist radicals should be treated the same as those from the left. 

Unfortunately, in recent years this radical right extremism has crept into the Republican party. As to a research nearly half of Republican Congress members associate with such right extremist radicals. 

And when professional forums don't invite them to talk, they claim cancel culture. 

Reasonable people and professional forums do not want to hear these radical extremists hate, untruths, conspiracy theories and demagoguery. 

Social media shouldn't give them a forum also to spread their hate and extremist radical views. 

The toxicity doesn't come from not being invited but from the views and actions of those radicals. 

It has everything to do with cancel culture and the toxicity that comes with it.

It is precisely liars and truth distorters and child pornographers whose twitter accounts have been purged by Musk after he took over from the previous management. 

Unfortunately, the cancel culture loving left wing people and activists like to characterise people whom they disagree with as people who incite violence and threat to democracy because slapping them with such labels will be the easiest to get them cancelled and deplatform from social media.

And more unfortunately the Democrat party right up to its leadership are ever so willing to use such tactics to stifle and snuff out their opponents who rightfully criticise them for their failed policies or opinions or just disagree with them. They have little to no room for tolerance or interest in compromise. They just want things their ways. They will publicly critique their opponents which will energise the entire machinery of left wing extremists and activists who will propagate the cancel culture until their target gets eliminated to silence. 

15 hours ago, singalion said:

Based on this post here, there is no need to assume you need urgent consultations with mental health professionals. 

•  

December 15, 2022

Tesla shares fall as investors bash Musk's Twitter focus

SAN FRANCISCO, Dec 14 (Reuters) - Tesla (TSLA.O) shares extended declines to hit their lowest level in more than two years on Wednesday, as investors including a "fanboy" of CEO Elon Musk lashed out at Musk's distraction from the electric car company following his buy of Twitter.

Shares of Tesla, the world's most valuable carmaker, is one of the worst performing stocks among major automakers and tech companies this year, as investors worry that Musk's Twitter buy could divert his time away from Tesla and he could offload more Tesla stocks to prop up the struggling social media company.

Investors are also increasingly concerned that his antics could hurt brand and sales of Tesla, the world's top electric carmaker which faces increasing competition.

Elon Musk gets booed onstage as Dave Chappelle surprises crowd

December 12, 2022

“Ladies and gentlemen, make some noise for the richest man in the world,” Chappelle said toward the end of the roughly three-hour show.

Greeted by plenty of boos — and some cheers — Musk, who wore a Twitter T-shirt and what looked like a Twitter work badge dangling from his front pocket, stood by awkwardly but with a wide smile.

It might be too early to worry what may come out of Elon Musk.  He is now appearing less and less like a savior of humanity.  

Maybe he has political ambitions?  This could explain why he is trying to gain notoriety, to become a conservative republican a-la-Trump?  Well... there are worse conservatives than him,  but one can never know!

By the way,  all this advances in space technology,  preparations for trips to Mars and other adventures throughout our solar system...  they should be all secondary.  Innovations, advances in science and technology should now focus on nuclear fusion,  which is the hope for humanity to overcome the climate change.  And provide sufficient energy to give comfort to the 8 billion humans we are existing today. 

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

It might be too early to worry what may come out of Elon Musk.  He is now appearing less and less like a savior of humanity.  

Maybe he has political ambitions?  This could explain why he is trying to gain notoriety, to become a conservative republican a-la-Trump?  Well... there are worse conservatives than him,  but one can never know!

By the way,  all this advances in space technology,  preparations for trips to Mars and other adventures throughout our solar system...  they should be all secondary.  Innovations, advances in science and technology should now focus on nuclear fusion,  which is the hope for humanity to overcome the climate change.  And provide sufficient energy to give comfort to the 8 billion humans we are existing today. 

By the way, the world don’t just revolve around climate change. Tackling climate change is important as are other issues such as advancing space technology. Ironically advancing space technology may help climate change by putting advance tools in space to monitor weather patterns, take measurements of the atmosphere composition etc. On this front on space technology, it is our fortune to have Musk who is working tirelessly on it. 

As for nuclear fusion, what happens to the waste? The waste is as toxic as cancel culture and definitely will be immensely detrimental to the environment and climate change. 

1 hour ago, 7heaven said:

Tackling climate change is important as are other issues such as advancing space technology. Ironically advancing space technology may help climate change by putting advance tools in space to monitor weather patterns, take measurements of the atmosphere composition etc. On this front on space technology, it is our fortune to have Musk who is working tirelessly on it.

Errr... Last I heard, "monitoring weather patterns" has absolutely no impact on the weather, just like watching a movie does not influence the performance of the actor in it. 🙄 Taking measurements of atmospheric composition, etc. also does not do anything for the climate, except to show how much further the equilibrium of the atmosphere has been disturbed.

I can only take it that @7heavendoes not have a scientific background, and can only try to speculate why his "God", Elon Musk, is "saving the world".

Слава Україні!

1 hour ago, sgmaven said:

I can only take it that @7heavendoes not have a scientific background, and can only try to speculate why his "God", Elon Musk, is "saving the world".

@7heaven must have been desperately scouring the Internet trying to find conspiracy theories that attack the practicality of nuclear fusion to create energy.    If indeed there are some issues with the procurement of the tritium and the potential for producing plutonium 239 with the high energy neutrons from the fusion, the scientific community is unanimous in declaring nuclear fusion reactors as winners.  The scientists working in this field surely know more about fusion than our beloved poster 7heaven.  :) 

5 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Errr... Last I heard, "monitoring weather patterns" has absolutely no impact on the weather, just like watching a movie does not influence the performance of the actor in it. 🙄 Taking measurements of atmospheric composition, etc. also does not do anything for the climate, except to show how much further the equilibrium of the atmosphere has been disturbed.

Err…last I heard if one does not take measurements or monitor anything will not give assurance that whatever you do is giving its intended effect. It’s like feeding a patient down with fever medicine but you don’t measure his temperature periodically. So you just feed the patient medicine until he overdoses. 😂 

I can only take it that @sgmaven does not have any scientific background, but pretends that he does in his desperate attempt to downplay Elon Musk’s contribution to saving the world. 

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

@7heaven must have been desperately scouring the Internet trying to find conspiracy theories that attack the practicality of nuclear fusion to create energy.    If indeed there are some issues with the procurement of the tritium and the potential for producing plutonium 239 with the high energy neutrons from the fusion, the scientific community is unanimous in declaring nuclear fusion reactors as winners.  The scientists working in this field surely know more about fusion than our beloved poster 7heaven.  :) 

What happens to the nuclear waste that come out of these nuclear fusion reactors? For sure the scientists working in this field know more than me, therefore I like to learn from these scientists how are they dealing with the nuclear waste, and its impact to the environment and climate change. Has that assessment been done? I’d like to learn from them. 

On the nuclear waste disposal topic, Biden of US recently just got rid of Sam Brinton, the former deputy assistant secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition in the Office of Nuclear Energy. He was fired for theft. One less expert on dealing with nuclear waste. 

When "bright and brilliant" businessmen are burning their money.

I assume his bizarre mum is calling her Elon in total worry whether she can pay the next hairstylist session...

Maybe he should ask Warren Buffet for some lectures on do's and don't in holding shares.... and not buying things you can't afford...

Musk cashes out another $3.6 bln in Tesla stock

December 16, 2022

Dec 15 (Reuters) - Tesla (TLSA.O) boss Elon Musk disclosed another $3.6 billion in stock sales on Wednesday, taking his total near $40 billion this year and frustrating investors as the company's shares wallow at two-year lows.

A U.S securities filing showed he unloaded 22 million shares in the world's most valuable carmaker over three days from Monday to Wednesday.

The sale is the second big chunk of stock he has cashed out since his $44 billion purchase of Twitter in October, despite his repeated assurance in April that he was done selling Tesla shares.

"It doesn't put a lot of confidence in the business, or speak volumes for where his attention is at," said Tony Sycamore, an analyst at brokerage IG Markets, where Tesla is a popular stock among small-time investors.

"It's not a good situation. I've spoken to a lot of investors who have Tesla shares and they're absolutely furious at Elon."

Meanwhile, Twitter has seen advertisers flee amid worries about Musk's approach to policing tweets, hitting revenues and its ability to pay interest on the $13 billion debt that Musk took on for the deal.

His controversial tweets also threaten to damage the brand and sales of Tesla cars, investors say.

Note: this is from the very neutral Reuters!!!!!!

Edited by singalion

And the negative news doesn't stop here!

What was there about "free speech"???

Seems all a bit arbitrary here....  and people already said, such polls are not representative.

December 16, 2022

Twitter suspends several journalists, Musk cites 'doxxing' of his jet

Dec 15 (Reuters) - Twitter on Thursday suspended the accounts of several prominent journalists who recently wrote about its new owner Elon Musk, with the billionaire tweeting that rules banning the publishing of personal information applied to all, including journalists.

Responding to a Tweet on the account suspensions, Musk, who has described himself as a free speech absolutist, tweeted: "Same doxxing rules apply to 'journalists' as to everyone else," a reference to Twitter rules banning the sharing of personal information, called doxxing.

Musk's tweet referred to Twitter's Wednesday suspension of @elonjet, an account tracking his private jet in real time using data available in the public domain. Musk had threatened legal action against the account's operator, saying his son had been mistakenly followed by a "crazy stalker".

It was unclear if all the journalists whose accounts were suspended had commented on or shared news about @elonjet.

He had tweeted last month that his commitment to free speech extended "even to not banning the account following my plane, even though that is a direct personal safety risk".

He tweeted on Thursday that there would be a seven-day suspension for doxxing, following that up with a poll asking Twitter users to vote on when to reinstate the doxxed accounts.

He then said he had offered too many options on the poll and would redo it, after results showed that some 43% voted for reinstating the accounts "now" - the largest share for any option.

'QUESTIONABLE AND UNFORTUNATE'

Among the journalist accounts suspended on Thursday was that of Washington Post reporter Drew Harwell (@drewharwell), who wrote on social media platform Mastodon that he had recently written about Musk and posted links to "publicly available, legally acquired data."

Twitter also suspended the official account of Mastodon (@joinmastodon), which has emerged as an alternative to Twitter. Mastodon could not immediately be reached for comment.

Sally Buzbee, the Post's executive editor, said Harwell's suspension undermined Musk's claims that he intended to run Twitter as a platform dedicated to free speech.

Harwell, however, was able to speak on a Twitter spaces conversation with fellow journalists late on Thursday evening, a chat that Musk himself briefly dropped in on.

"You dox, you get suspended. End of story," Musk said on the chat as Harwell rejected the assertion that he had exposed Musk's real-time location, saying he had simply posted about @elonjet.

The accounts of Times reporter Ryan Mac (@rmac18), CNN reporter Donie O'Sullivan (@donie), and Mashable reporter Matt Binder @MattBinder were also suspended, as was that of independent journalist Aaron Rupar (@atrupar), who covers U.S. policy and politics.

Mac recently posted a number of Twitter threads on the @elonjet suspension and interviewed Jack Sweeney, the 20-year-old operator of the account.

A spokesperson for The New York Times called the suspensions "questionable and unfortunate. Neither The Times nor Ryan have received any explanation about why this occurred. We hope that all of the journalists' accounts are reinstated and that Twitter provides a satisfying explanation for this action."

CNN said it had asked Twitter for an explanation on the suspensions and would reevaluate its relationship with the platform based on that response.

=> Rules at twitter now unclear and seem to be sort of on kindergarten basis...

Last note:

Oh, 7heaven, Musk is not taking commercial jets that are environmentally friendlier but private jets???

Edited by singalion

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.