Male HQ

Credit cards discussion

Guest ffffffff
6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

All transactions appear in ibanking almost immediately. And you can check for unauthorized transactions or fraud real time.

You can keep online statements for up to 7 years.

Nowadays tokens are digital and built in. Most bank apps only require face ID (if you are using iphone). I'm not sure about Android but there's fingerprint login i think?

Just sharing. But to each his own.

True. Don't need to call bank to check transactions.

But so many usernames and passwords. Eg Life sg app , singpass app. I also seow remember them all

5 hours ago, Guest ffffffff said:

What kind of account? Get your money back? Savings plus cc?

You mean cheque deposited in the cheque deposit box was lost?

Sounds like you work for them. lol

Yes, got lost at their cheque deposit box. 

5 hours ago, Guest ffffffff said:

Paper statements best. Easiest to check. And you can keep for reference as long as you want.

Online statement, you need token, password, username. 

Check halfway, your time limit is up. Have to sign in again. 😡

And they are deleted after six months. If you never downloaded to your pc, the statements are gone. Banks charge to retrieve for you after a certain time. 

I dislike doing the work of banks so I still get paper statements. 

I still pay also with the payment slip. Why not, but have to change at end of 2025, when cheques are ceased. 

It is same like those telecom bills. Singtel can't even send a bill to your email but need to log in and download yourself. Worst need to change password every 3 months. As if someone would hack into your Singtel bills. That is hilarious... 

Guest ffffffff
18 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

Finger print 

Wrote down 

haha, yes. Listed all in my diary. Have to keep reaching for that book for occasional sign ins.

12 minutes ago, singalion said:

And they are deleted after six months. If you never downloaded to your pc, the statements are gone. Banks charge to retrieve for you after a certain time. 

I dislike doing the work of banks so I still get paper statements. 

I still pay also with the payment slip. Why not, but have to change at end of 2025, when cheques are ceased. 

It is same like those telecom bills. Singtel can't even send a bill to your email but need to log in and download yourself. Worst need to change password every 3 months. As if someone would hack into your Singtel bills. That is hilarious... 

I tossed out my cheque book long ago and started with AXS. That was after one bank claim cannot find my cheque.

Now with bank app, I'll just transfer money to pay credit card.

Guest ffffffff
16 minutes ago, singalion said:

most annoying too.

Guest what a suaku
2 hours ago, singalion said:

Huh online statements are available for 6 to 7 years. What bank do you bank with? Foodbank?

2 hours ago, singalion said:

Heard of App or face ID login?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, kidster said:

I usually fly Scoot. Which cc can earn the most krisflyer points?

Which is more worth it? To use a credit card to earn milage points or Youtrip for its better exchange rate when making payments overseas?

Use your krisflyer points to redeem business class tickets as a treat. SQ is doing a lot of monthly specials called "Spontaneous Escapes" that offers up to 40% discount on the points needed for redemptions. This Dec for example, you can fly to Bali for only 6000 miles and Darwin/Perth for 29000 miles even during school holidays. 

For general spending, the DBS Women's card (open to men also) as well as the HSBC Revolution are the best for earning miles per S$ in SG. Sometimes banks offer promos for welcome miles as a sign up bonus, you need to keep your eyes out for those promotions. 

best krisflyer mileage cc is only this: though some may not like it
https://www.americanexpress.com/sg/credit-cards/singapore-airlines-pps-club/

Amex_PPS-Club-Credit-Card315x200.png

w/o complicated criteria

and without limit

some may assume Citibk is gd?! u r wrong cos u need to pay S$27 for citibank to convert (at least a) block of 10k of citimiles into Krisflyer 

Credit Card Earn Rate Min. Annual Income
Citi Rewards Card

Apply Now
0.4 mpd / 4mpd with Amaze
(Limit $1k per statement month, excluding airlines, hotels, car rental, cruises and other travel transactions)
$30k
DBS Vantage Card 1.5 mpd $120k
UOB PRVI Miles Mastercard

Apply Now
1.4 mpd $30k
UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card

Apply Now
1.4 mpd $30k
UOB PRVI Miles AMEX

Apply Now
1.4 mpd $30k
UOB Visa Infinite Metal Card 1.4 mpd $150k
OCBC 90°N Mastercard

Apply Now
1.3 mpd $30k
OCBC 90°N Visa Card

Apply Now
1.3 mpd $30k
AMEX Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card 1.3 mpd / 1.5 mpd above S$3,800 spend per month $30k
AMEX Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card 1.3 mpd / 1.4 mpd above S$3,800 spend per month $30k
DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card 1.3 mpd $30k
DBS Altitude American Express Card 1.3 mpd $30k

On 11/14/2023 at 12:08 AM, radiusulnar said:

the sub card has been a curse. too many discussions over its usage. i think i shall return it

As long as it meets your purpose to get the protection, why bad? As long as you pay off the usage every month, that's ok right. Credit card debt is unforgiving usually at 20+% per year, higher than ah long.

27 minutes ago, keyboard said:

Nowadays almost everyone could get a Credit Card, not much to show off right? It's just another tool, it's useful if you have a use for it, else it's just another piece of plastic.

Sour grapes

20 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

I don't have a single credit card to show off 🤫 You can all look down on me.

18 hours ago, keyboard said:

Nowadays almost everyone could get a Credit Card, not much to show off right? It's just another tool, it's useful if you have a use for it, else it's just another piece of plastic.

Not everyone!

if you have negative rating with the Credit Bureau or substantial unpaid loans or if you are a declared bankrupt, then you surely have issues in getting a credit card. The banks have easy access to this data. Certain companies also offer credit rating for individuals here.

I also don't understand why people think credit cards are to show off. What is there to show off?

I would never go somewhere without a credit card. Just think of running out of money overseas, or you have to extend your stay because your flight was cancelled or re-scheduled or any other issue that can bump up. Even in Singapore, most bigger banks were down with no services available. At least with the card you can pay.

3 minutes ago, singalion said:

Not everyone!

if you have negative rating with the Credit Bureau or substantial unpaid loans or if you are a declared bankrupt, then you surely have issues in getting a credit card. The banks have easy access to this data. Certain companies also offer credit rating for individuals here.

The bank despises me because I refuse to accept their "financial advisors"' pitches and am not interested in whatever they try to offer me. I also don't want them to bother me with promotional materials because I wanted to save our planet.   I believe I was put on a blacklist.

14 minutes ago, singalion said:

Not everyone!

I also don't understand why people think credit cards are to show off. What is there to show off?

I would never go somewhere without a credit card. Just think of running out of money overseas, or you have to extend your stay because your flight was cancelled or re-scheduled or any other issue that can bump up. Even in Singapore, most bigger banks were down with no services available. At least with the card you can pay.

There's just so many cards out there but indeed will come in handy when needed. Though it's quite an effort to figure out which card is best for what and chalk up enough expenses to make it worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, Sweetie Pie said:

The bank despises me because I refuse to accept their "financial advisors"' pitches and am not interested in whatever they try to offer me. I also don't want them to bother me with promotional materials because I wanted to save our planet.   I believe I was put on a blacklist.

Count me in on that then. 🤫 You can all look down on me.

6 minutes ago, keyboard said:

There's just so many cards out there but indeed will come in handy when needed. Though it's quite an effort to figure out which card is best for what and chalk up enough expenses to make it worthwhile.

Count me in on that then. 🤫 You can all look down on me.

Not sure it is worth on looking at these benefits. I also don't go for those 2% off on buying some Keropok crackers at a shop in Punggol Jetty...

Yes, you are right it is quite time consuming if you want to check on any advantages. Often retailers also aren't aware of promotions.

You can actually notify your bank nowadays not receive any marketing calls. In particular if your phone is on a Do Not Call List with the authorities, then they are not permitted to call you for marketing purposes.

46 minutes ago, singalion said:

Not sure it is worth on looking at these benefits. I also don't go for those 2% off on buying some Keropok crackers at a shop in Punggol Jetty...

Yes, you are right it is quite time consuming if you want to check on any advantages. Often retailers also aren't aware of promotions.

You can actually notify your bank nowadays not receive any marketing calls. In particular if your phone is on a Do Not Call List with the authorities, then they are not permitted to call you for marketing purposes.

ah. i'll let them know next time, it's the bank i bank with that calls me up, thought it was important as they did multiple calls from the same number.

On 11/16/2023 at 2:45 PM, keyboard said:

As long as it meets your purpose to get the protection, why bad? As long as you pay off the usage every month, that's ok right. Credit card debt is unforgiving usually at 20+% per year, higher than ah long.

because i keep getting questioned about my use of the card and argument with card owner. i have sub card.

2 hours ago, keyboard said:

ah. i'll let them know next time, it's the bank i bank with that calls me up, thought it was important as they did multiple calls from the same number.

The bank will still call you if there is any issue with your account.

Just won't call for marketing calls (if you're on the Do Not Call List) .

Edited by singalion

16 minutes ago, singalion said:

The bank will still call you if there is any issue with your account.

Just won't call for marketing calls (if you're on the Do Not Call List) .

I'm on the Do Not Call List long time back also not on their marketing list from their website. Not so sure how they classify those calls but anyway not picking them up any more.

On 11/15/2023 at 10:19 PM, kidster said:

I usually fly Scoot. Which cc can earn the most krisflyer points?

Which is more worth it? To use a credit card to earn milage points or Youtrip for its better exchange rate when making payments overseas?

Don't know this helps or not, but miles game not easy to play.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.