Male HQ

Age matters

egal

On 12/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, egal said:

u know how people usually start with asking for ur stats online, do u usually tell ur real age?

even if u look younger than ur real age?  or just go with honesty is the best policy?

I automatically add 3 - 5 years to any age mentioned or disclosed in the app profiles*.

Mostly, I ran quite well with that rule of thumb. If the guys turn up younger or at the age stated, then it is a bonus.

* For readers having difficulties in understanding: What I meant is that for any profile on any app such as Grindr etc any age mentioned I will add 3 - 5 years on top of the stated age. I did not refer to my own age! 🤣

For those not putting any age, I take them as 50/60 plus.

If I see those placing 99 as age I sense they have an issue with their age and assume they are in their 60s.

But some might be in their mid life crisis, but then you can ask for a pic.

it is the same with those guys who don't have any face picture on their app profiles: I will just assume they are not cute, good looking etc.

Who would need to hide the face?

Edited by singalion
making it comprehensive for those with difficulties in understanding

3 hours ago, egal said:

u know how people usually start with asking for ur stats online, do u usually tell ur real age?

even if u look younger than ur real age?  or just go with honesty is the best policy?

If you look young, don't disclose age but show your picture.  This scenario, can only conceal temporary until a relationship is fully developed, forcing you to disclose your age.

If you look old, anyway, showing your age won't make a difference if you plan to meet the other guys someday. This scenario helps you to narrow down the accepting guy and give you more confidence of meeting the right one. 

16 hours ago, egal said:

thank u, both.

i wonder if u were 79, would putting 70s be lying, lol.  just an example

No.  79 is "in the 70s".  This gives me an idea !!!!  If I am asked about my age,  I can truthfully say:  "I am passed my 30s"  :) 

17 hours ago, egal said:

thank u, both.

i wonder if u were 79, would putting 70s be lying, lol.  just an example

I guess it depends on yourself, if you think lying gets you want you want and you have no problems with repercussion, then I guess its okay to go ahead. Do note that if you can lie about age, you can lie about anything. To me, it's a reflection of one's character regardless of closet or not.

On 12/5/2023 at 5:41 PM, singalion said:

I automatically add 3 - 5 years to any age mentioned or disclosed in the profiles.

Mostly, I ran quite well with that rule of thumb. If the guys turn up younger or at the age stated, then it is a bonus.

You are a real piece of work, you know that?

You add 3 - 5 years to your age for what purpose? To reject those people who bother to meet up with you despite your fake "older" age, or to disappoint those younger folks who were looking for more mature gays? 

Is it so difficult for you to tell the truth for once? Were you born to be such a compulsive LIAR, or were you brought up by parents who taught you that way? 

This is not even about giving vague answers. This is just pure and simple LYING. 

• G_M changed the title to Age matters
On 12/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, egal said:

Age matters if you think it matters.

I have no qualms with people knowing that I am 61. I used to dye my hair black to make myself appear younger, but I had stopped doing that unless it is related to work.

Anyway, pepper hair/beard is new black. 

Be comfortable in your own skin, then you can prevent yourself from getting anxious or gets depression.

If the other party cannot accept who you are, no amount of work you do onto yourself will suffice (plastic surgery included). 

Life will be so tiring trying to please others and or be living in other's expectation.

Cut yourself some slack and be happy with who you are, in whatever age you are. 

Instead, one should live one's life to one's fullest and choose those who can accept you instead of trying to please others.

Besides looks, you should believe that you have so much more to offer.

Age is just literally just numbers!

Edited by GachiMuchi

Age doesn’t matter and for that reason, I choose not to tell my age just because someone ask. Not that I’m trying to hide being too young or too old. It’s none of their business. Neither do I go around asking for people’s age. For me, I prefer getting to know a person and see if I like them. 

Age is more than just a number; it has story behind it.   It indicates the likelihood of the person's place of birth, environment, and era in Singapore history or the wider world.   The PSLE you undertook from the 1970s and the 2000s are not the same.   Rather than a foreign maid, it is more likely that you were being look after by your parents or grandparents.     The working conditions, the food you ate, the amount of salary you earned and the living conditions are also different.    Even though your eating habits and personalities have evolved, there is still that old charming quality and history ingrained in your bones.   If someone didn't tell me his age, I felt like I was missing out on important background information, like being forced to eat a meal blindfolded. 

But there are market differences, when it comes to age.

One of my friends in the early 40s, if he states his age as 36, he receives around up to 50% more approaches on the apps.

If he states the age as 42, there is a huge drop in approaches.

When mentioning his age as 39, he still received more replies that when the number was 41.

We did the test once just for fun after he was complaining that he received fewer messages on the dating apps just to explore what difference age makes.

There seems to be some psychological background maybe even not consciously when ages jump on the 10 scale, i.e. passing 30, 40, 50 etc.

You can do the test yourself. But change to another profile pic of you with every age change.

If at sauna people will ask me  my age when both of us is in the cubicle.When I mention 30 plus he get so excited lick my whole body but my age is not 30plus is double Cause in the cubicle  light is dim.

6 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Age is more than just a number; it has story behind it.   It indicates the likelihood of the person's place of birth, environment, and era in Singapore history or the wider world.   The PSLE you undertook from the 1970s and the 2000s are not the same.   Rather than a foreign maid, it is more likely that you were being look after by your parents or grandparents.     The working conditions, the food you ate, the amount of salary you earned and the living conditions are also different.    Even though your eating habits and personalities have evolved, there is still that old charming quality and history ingrained in your bones.   If someone didn't tell me his age, I felt like I was missing out on important background information, like being forced to eat a meal blindfolded. 

wow....

that is crazy generalisation!

of course we can roughly gauge someone's age, i mean, you are not going to mistake someone who is 45yo as a 25yo, right?

asking is just to pinpoint it more precisely, to know whether he is 50yo or 41yo.

i do think in a casual sex environment, asking age is irrelevant, except in a small talk context.

different obviously when talking serious relationship

6 hours ago, singalion said:

We did the test once just for fun after he was complaining that he received fewer messages on the dating apps just to explore what difference age makes.

There seems to be some psychological background maybe even not consciously when ages jump on the 10 scale, i.e. passing 30, 40, 50 etc.

You can do the test yourself. But change to another profile pic of you with every age change.

You did a live social experiment on human beings for the sake of your own fun? 

There should be a specific special place in Hell, reserved just for you to be burned there. 

Some app has option to not show age. And if someone messages you asking for your age, you can always refuse to answer. But that can be implied that you are not young. So my personal solution is to use real age. This can also filter out some toxic people too.

Dive into the Sensual Flow, Discover Your Authentic Self

Let's be friend: Facebook - Tyler Rabbit Wong

BWBanner.jpg.b61c6feda571b276cf7163110fbb3ec8.jpg

18 hours ago, singalion said:

But there are market differences, when it comes to age.

One of my friends in the early 40s, if he states his age as 36, he receives around up to 50% more approaches on the apps.

If he states the age as 42, there is a huge drop in approaches.

When mentioning his age as 39, he still received more replies that when the number was 41.

Consequently, there are a whole bunch of 29yos and 39yos on Grindr!

The reality is that when you are gay, you add 10 years to your real age, so I am 50 but in the gay sense, I am 60. Guys tell me they can see my face on my profile, I am out and proud, agiesm is part and parcel of life isn't it. Once I passed 40, I knew how it is going to be. Ageism is everywhere, Kylie and Madonna's Singles don't chart high because, simply for a lack of better word, they are old, obsolete. Honestly, it still scares me but its reality, I won't say I have not resorted to some drastic matters to look young but you do you and its the best. But its redundant when your stats are clearly on your profile.

Gay men and women are the same. The older you get your value depreciate. 

You can say everyone has a taker and yes, I believe so. But what is the percentage in our small market here.

13 hours ago, Guest ageing said:

Consequently, there are a whole bunch of 29yos and 39yos on Grindr!

I can do another research with my friend whether certain ages are over-represented on the apps, but then some trolls here will ...

But thanks for confirming the point...

On 12/7/2023 at 5:29 PM, And then said:

wow....

of course we can roughly gauge someone's age, i mean, you are not going to mistake someone who is 45yo as a 25yo, right?

asking is just to pinpoint it more precisely, to know whether he is 50yo or 41yo.

i do think in a casual sex environment, asking age is irrelevant, except in a small talk context.

While deviating from the topic I think he tried to explain that different generations have a different social fabric.

E.g. :

The 1970s will sent you a love letter by post...

The 1980s will dig out his pager and call your number and on the return call whispers on the orange phone "Love You".

The 1990s will send a voice message via whatsapp or so.

The 2000s will just send you a red heart on the app.

The 2010s will send a query into ChatGPT asking what to do...

Edited by singalion

On 12/7/2023 at 5:29 PM, And then said:

wow....

I’m with you. Age is so irrelevant if the person is seeking casual hook up.

In this crazy world today that some consider anything above 25 old, I propose everyone should do ourselves a favour for our future selves by shifting our focus away from age. I expressed these thoughts in my early twenties, and I maintain the same perspective now in my early thirties, no shift in my beliefs.

On 12/7/2023 at 11:12 AM, Sweetie Pie said:

For LTR, I will prefer someone my age group. I cannot get along w someone much younger. There is a huge gap in mindset, topics we discuss, hobbies, finances.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:59 AM, Guest Guest said:

You are a real piece of work, you know that?

You add 3 - 5 years to your age for what purpose? To reject those people who bother to meet up with you despite your fake "older" age, or to disappoint those younger folks who were looking for more mature gays? 

Is it so difficult for you to tell the truth for once? Were you born to be such a compulsive LIAR, or were you brought up by parents who taught you that way? 

This is not even about giving vague answers. This is just pure and simple LYING. 

LOL!  congratulations to your push towards integrity.  I hope this opens a new era of confidence towards what you post.  Then we are on the same side, I also tell the truth when I say that I am 80 years old.  :) 

On 12/6/2023 at 1:50 PM, GachiMuchi said:

Age matters if you think it matters.

I have no qualms with people knowing that I am 61. I used to dye my hair black to make myself appear younger, but I had stopped doing that unless it is related to work.

Anyway, pepper hair/beard is new black. 

Be comfortable in your own skin, then you can prevent yourself from getting anxious or gets depression.

If the other party cannot accept who you are, no amount of work you do onto yourself will suffice (plastic surgery included). 

Life will be so tiring trying to please others and or be living in other's expectation.

Cut yourself some slack and be happy with who you are, in whatever age you are. 

Instead, one should live one's life to one's fullest and choose those who can accept you instead of trying to please others.

Besides looks, you should believe that you have so much more to offer.

Age is just literally just numbers!

Age matters or does not matter, depending on the circumstances.  It matters when we try to estimate the status of individuals we don't know personally and have never seen, like the case of dating sites online.  Here the estimation is based on averages.  It does NOT matter when we apply it to ourselves. 

When we don't care about our own age,  we will not be bothered by " I am too old for this-and-that ".  We will pursue our objectives like we are ageless, considering only what we are able to accomplish.  This is how I keep practicing Aikido with guys who are half my age, and they are the ones amazed by this.  When I was 61 y.o. in 2004, this was one year before I started my trips throughout S.E. Asia, taking the opportunity to visit many gay saunas in the following 15 years, where I was well accepted.  This would not have been possible if I would have worried about my age,  " how will they treat a 70 y.o. Ang Moh in Towel Club, OneSeven, Absolute, Keybox ?? "  So I never thought of my age but cared for being in good shape and looking my best, darkening my hair, using botox, etc.   And even today I don't care about my age, only feeling proud when I think of it. 

Guest CB Reply

Not telling age is one thing.  I have encountered a more vulgar answer when you asked someone and his replied came without a brain like "It is for me to know and for you to find out!!"

Guest Knowing
27 minutes ago, And then said:

when people hide behind faceless pics, then asking their age is a reasonable thing.

but asking age in a sauna is a bit weird

If I see somone who is good looking and gorgeous physically and if I know that he is "matured" I won't embarass him by asking his age.   If he tell me, it will be awesome, otherwise let's have sex without further question.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:53 PM, Guest Knowing said:

If I see somone who is good looking and gorgeous physically and if I know that he is "matured" I won't embarass him by asking his age.   If he tell me, it will be awesome, otherwise let's have sex without further question.

Lol ... Take first step to Arrange a private place to meet first

Age matters when you don't have a good bod or look.

But if you have a manly sex god look and bod, then they will forgot about the age matters.

Is the same like size matters in sauna.

If you have no look, you still can attract people if you have a big hung dick.

But if you are looking good with a gorgeous bod, people don't care about dick size. 

Just my observation...you all should get what I mean.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.