Male HQ

Savings, FDs, cpf & investments - how do u grow your money?

QinWei

Nope but the performance was pretty decent to everyone surprise lol, as a rule of thumb I try to avoid foreign reits cause of the potential pitfalls. Like Ec reit for example that really went downhill. 

51 minutes ago, QinWei said:

Anyone vested in this Reit??  Sasseur

sszDkMS.png

On 2/19/2024 at 1:09 PM, singalion said:

Growing money.

Isn't it a simple calculation of spending less or investing smartly.

For me the question is always: Do I really need a big fortune?

Well, one might not need big fortune, but it will be favourable to save for rainy days. Especially gays that don't intent to continue their bloodline.

• 2 weeks later...

One other way to approach investing for younger investors be to allocate a portion of ones portfolio say 20% to growth companies, then buy the etf like say qqq or if one was more geared towards stock picking be the companies whose products they use the most. So be it Apple, Nvda, Google etc

This was my strategy few years back, but market in this sectors is abit crazy now so I'll only go back in when things settle down. I believe the US market is abit of the bubbly end of things.

Remainder of the pf best if vested in blue chip firms, can be income or just ones that focus more on value.

Guest Oldagefolk
On 2/18/2024 at 9:47 PM, QinWei said:

Esp w cpf shielding gone, what will your next move be??

If your ra is sufficient.. just withdraw excess and spend... This is govt message.. no point saving.. how long you can live??? Anytime you can die... Life is just too short to save...

Posted (edited)

anyway

rates dropped fr 4.08%:

Interest rates for CPF Special, MediSave and Retirement accounts dip to 4.05% for Q2 2024

The Ordinary Account interest rate will remain at 2.5 per cent for the same period.

Interest rate from 1 April 2024 to 30 June 2024: 4.05% per annum

Reviewed quarterly, this rate is computed based on the 12-month average yield of 10-year Singapore Government Securities (10YSGS) plus 1%2 (subject to the current floor interest rate of 4% per

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...WuTdydqXt8PieeV7EPtYabbcXuki26SoBVDTNDQYfRHnM

if u r investing using SA account especially!

Betting on the banks?

Edited by QinWei

Growing money is definitely about spending smart and investing wisely, but it's also about finding a balance between financial security and enjoying life. Sure, having a big fortune sounds appealing, but for many of us, it's about having enough to live comfortably and pursue our passions without constantly worrying about finances. Speaking of smart investments, have you ever tried out game apps to earn money? It's a fun way to potentially boost your income while doing something enjoyable. I've dabbled in a few myself, and while it's not a get-rich-quick scheme by any means, it's a neat way to make a little extra cash on the side. Plus, it beats mindlessly scrolling through social media!

Edited by janamacon

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.