Male HQ

Is being straight acting the default?

Guest Always outside looking in

When I'm with my straight colleague, I don't feel straight enough. 

When I'm with my gay group, I don't feel gay enough. 

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, TelAvivStation said:

Are most gays actually straight acting that we don't register them as gays?

I would say yes. 

Of course, other gays, and some straight women, can tell cos our gaydars are more sensitive.

But generally, most gays are straight acting enough to blend into society and usually, straight guys cannot tell.

The sissy feminine kind are in the minority cos not only are they at greater risk of homophobia, gays generally dont like sissy type gays.

Guest Guest
14 hours ago, MasterFitMalaySG4U said:

They think that they r but actually they are not! Feeling2 tu....😂 Even women can tell haha....can tell n see.....

LMAO....true! :lol:

Guest Guest

Got str8 acting gay meh?

Pls lah, TOP or BTM, to be frank, all gay men somehow a bit 'niang' de lor. 

Like wat e abv comment, even women can tell.

My gaydar used to detect gay guys from the straight guys. Nowadays, my gaydar detect gay guys from the straight guys. 🙃

I no longer think there is a clear line between gay and straight, so I find "straightacting" is not a common thing anymore, much less a default

On 5/15/2024 at 10:36 PM, TelAvivStation said:

Growing up in the 60s to 80s, there wasn't many gay icons to learn from unlike nowadays.

Life was simpler and people more romantic and naive.

in the 70s English song was from singers like Lobo, Carpenters, Simon & Ark Garfunkel, Abba, etc.

And 琼瑶's movies makes movie stars out of 林青霞,秦祥林,林凤娇,etc.

Chinese movies like 独臂刀王was heavily censored for the gore and blood. Same goes for most ghost/horror movies. 

There were no internet and the things we learned from are from books in the library.

And since I am not the brainy kind, I don't go to library. Many things I learned are from our and parents and maybe our relatives.

Although I lived in an area with many gangsters and gambling dens, My working parents never allow us kids to mingle with those other kids that runs freely in the neighborhood. 

During my teens, we kids travel only between our schools and home. We don't get to go out much, until we were like 16.

Compared to the information and tech boom from the 80s till now, kids these days are very tech savvy. Information are in abundance. 

But there are still a big group of people in their 60s to 80s and probably 90s whom are not tech savvy and finding difficultly learning how to operate a smart phone or even a remote control.

I had not done any studies, but based on friends I know and people I had met, in the various Asian countries. I find many of those not living in cities are more str8 looking and manly. A good example would be Malaysian / Chinese nationals whom are from from kampung / Province; they would be more manly, str8 looking and acting compared to those living in the bigger cities. Their lives are simpler and everyone knows everyone in their kampung / province, so for them to do something gay (out of norm) would be a risk not everyone dares to take. It is only after they are older and left their hometown that they would explore their gay sides. 

Fore the older generation, being straight looking and acting is kind of like the default, but I can't say for the younger generations.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:36 AM, TelAvivStation said:

I notice a certain bias in your post and the name of the thread.  This bias is in the definition of "straight acting"  as normal, without the peculiar "gay acting".  But it should be equally correct to find "gay acting" as normal, without some peculiar "straight acting".

Yet the majority of our acting is common to straights and gays.  We both walk, talk, eat, sleep in the same way.   Ah... this cannot be true!  Don't the sissy gays have the peculiar way to walk and talk that is very distinctive?   Yes!  There are exceptions from the normal.   And there are macho straights that walk like gangsters and talk like mafia bosses.  They are exceptions from the normal too.  NO DIFFERENCE.

So it should be equally valid to say:  Are most straights actually gay acting that we don't register them as straights?   :lol:

Edited by Steve5380

I know I won't make friends with my post... but it is my observation in South East Asia/ Singapore:

Guys here (straight, gay...) tend to behave less masculine compared to guys in Europe, North and South America, South Asia. From that point it is often difficult to figure out who is gay, it also means, gay men blend into the "straight" society much better than in other parts of the world. 

Guest Guest
16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Got str8 acting gay meh?

Pls lah, TOP or BTM, to be frank, all gay men somehow a bit 'niang' de lor. 

Like wat e abv comment, even women can tell.

a bit 'niang' ... do you mean:

- those hand signals, body language etc.?

- we like beauty and skin care products? Straight guys also like right ... 

- fashionista?

- tone of voice?

- lusty eye contact on the straight handsome targets?

- how about OCD? 

- any more?

So we need to be aware of our mannerisms ... 😱😬

Guest Haha
4 hours ago, singalion said:

I know I won't make friends with my post... but it is my observation in South East Asia/ Singapore:

Guys here (straight, gay...) tend to behave less masculine compared to guys in Europe, North and South America, South Asia. From that point it is often difficult to figure out who is gay, it also means, gay men blend into the "straight" society much better than in other parts of the world. 

Straight guys are also less masculine. 

Look at all those Korean male celebrity. 

All have feminine quality. Soft skin. Hairless. Long hair... 

That's why alot of girls like. Cause girls like soft skin etc. 

Maybe that's why I like ang moh, meaty, hairy, beardy. 

Guest Guest

I always have to remind myself ... "sissy" does not mean = gay.

So no discrimination.

Wonder how about those drag queens? 100% are all gay? 🤔

5 hours ago, singalion said:

I know I won't make friends with my post... but it is my observation in South East Asia/ Singapore: ...

Well... you never know.  What you probably mean is that making friends is not the main purpose of your posting.  It is not mine either.   I think that we post mainly to express our ideas, which may be liked or disliked.  When they are liked or accepted there is little immediate feedback,  but when they are disliked.... Oh my God!  The malevolent spirits raise immediately from the lower levels of Dante's Inferno in the form of "Guests" and they monopolize the conversation!

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.