Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Guest Guest

I don't see the more senior ones like Xiangyun or Li Yinzhu coming out to throw their weight around like these 2 aunties???????? I'm sure Xiangyun will get more respect from everyone, take a look at the fucking mirror Zoe!

lets see xiangyun/ li yinzhu/ whatever shit you have try to snag a fashion spread on l'officiel or any other upmarket magazine then hahaha sorry

I can't believe what I'm reading from the press reports. What is Chen Hanwei and Zoe Tay doing, accusing others of being rude and demanding respect like that? Don't they know respect has to be earned?

i don't think they are accusing anyone, it not just happen in singapoe industry, but all over the world now, taiwan, china etc, fact is fact, most youngster now are over protected and pampered by their parents, they no longer have 长幼之分, see how they talk to their parents you will know. of cos i don't refer to all youngsters.

Edited by snowball

Guest Guest

lets see xiangyun/ li yinzhu/ whatever shit you have try to snag a fashion spread on l'officiel or any other upmarket magazine then hahaha sorry

They are proper actresses, not playboy models or prostitutes.

Guest Guest

i don't think they are accusing anyone, it not just happen in singapoe industry, but all over the world now, taiwan, china etc, fact is fact, most youngster now are over protected and pampered by their parents, they no longer have 长幼之分, see how they talk to their parents you will know. of cos i don't refer to all youngsters.

for some, its not that they are over protected and pampered by parents. its that they are exposed to and embrace the idea of 'individualism' and so forego many asian values.

Guest Guest

lmaoo do you even know what l'officiel is about

Hi fool, who is this on the cover?

Did she go around bragging that she's on the cover of a fucking magazine????

603629_259981594147944_1887291741_n.jpg

Guest Guest

的确, 我想, 向云虽没郑大牌, 但她毕竟是新视第一代女艺人, 或许她不摆架子, 所以自然会有人缘, 会受人尊重。

向云势力

没势力的婊子靠两粒

Guest Guest

thing is, with behaviour like xiang yun, she wont make it big. people only give her the title of 'first gen ah jie' out of respect but she always only get supporting roles.

you see old actresses like wang ming quan and mi xue in tvb, they still have power and are still cast in main roles and never supporting roles.

this is showbiz, thats why dun go into it if you cannot tahan all sorts of shit.

Guest Guest

Xiang Yun is able to earn respect, not just because she is the first generation Ah Jie or because she's humble, but because she adapted well to the changing TV industry.

When she reached her 30s in the mid-90s, faced a drought of good roles and had to take on supporting roles, she did not fight against it, complain about fickle audiences (like what Zoe Tay foolishly did), but concentrated on performing her best.

Her hard work eventually paid off and she was rewarded with a few Best Supporting Actress trophies, and recognition and respect as an accomplished veteran actress in her own right.

Compare this to what Zoe Tay did, complain about viewers, complain about the management, complain about HDTV... etc.

Now she's complaining about younger artistes.

Zoe tends to blame everyone except herself for her failures. So it's really very difficult for viewers and the public to give her the respect she demands.

Guest Guest

you see old actresses like wang ming quan and mi xue in tvb, they still have power and are still cast in main roles and never supporting roles.

宫锁珠帘 as 薄雲 is lead role meh??
宮心計 as 鍾雪霞 also lead role meh??
新白发魔女传 as 凌慕华 ??

多数人还不是常常回忆大谈他的风光史, 一个曾经站在顶点的人, 要接受一代新人逐渐取代旧人的事实并不是一件简单的事,

何况她依然是阿姐, 不管你如何讨厌她, 每年的重头剧一定不会漏掉她, 她在新视依然站稳一席之位。

Guest Guest

多数人还不是常常回忆大谈他的风光史, 一个曾经站在顶点的人, 要接受一代新人逐渐取代旧人的事实并不是一件简单的事,

何况她依然是阿姐, 不管你如何讨厌她, 每年的重头剧一定不会漏掉她, 她在新视依然站稳一席之位。

She knows better how much shit she is worth if she needs to demand for respect. The young actors all can tell what a combination of bull shit and hot air she is.

Best actress. PUIz!

Guest Guest

SINGAPORE - Allan Wu and Wong Lilin are getting divorced, according to their management company, Fly Entertainment.

In the statement, the couple said that the decision to split was mutual, and they requested privacy for the benefit of their children as they work through the divorce. The statement also said that they would not be taking media interviews.

The couple were wed in 2004 and have two children. They are currently based in Shanghai.

Guest Guest

SINGAPORE - Allan Wu and Wong Lilin are getting divorced, according to their management company, Fly Entertainment.

In the statement, the couple said that the decision to split was mutual, and they requested privacy for the benefit of their children as they work through the divorce. The statement also said that they would not be taking media interviews.

The couple were wed in 2004 and have two children. They are currently based in Shanghai.

So sad, I always thought of them as a model couple, being able to come together though brought up in vastly different culture abs environment

Wish them all the best and hopefully iron out differences and stay happy always

Guest Guest

so shocked! :o wonder what happened!

lilin3.jpg

Wong Lilin and Allan Wu announce plans to divorce

Celebrity couple Wong Lilin, 39, and Allan Wu, 40, have announced that they are going their separate ways.

In a statement released by Fly Entertainment, which manages the couple, it said that the pair have "reached a mutual decision to get divorced".

The couple is currently based in Shanghai. They also asked for support to work through their decision in private for the benefit of their children.

The two celebrities were married in 2004 and have two children, Sage and Jonas, aged eight and five respectively.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/wong-lilin-and-allan-wu-announce-plans-divorce-20130613

Allan Wu and Wong Lilin split

http://www.todayonline.com/entertainment/celebrity/allan-wu-and-wong-lilin-split

Guest Guest

So sad, I always thought of them as a model couple, being able to come together though brought up in vastly different culture abs environment

Wish them all the best and hopefully iron out differences and stay happy always

Quite common for celebrities. 

Guest Guest

Wah, your language is a little crass....

On a serious note, I tend to agree with the part on the part that she cannot even do a palace maid's role, what more as the empress.  In fact, many in mediacorp, to a certain extent, cannot portray refined roles, but all can do the ah seng or ah lian character.

It has to do with the facial features and inability to be cultured and refined.

Even for sophisticated roles like high society, lawyers, doctors or cops, mediacorp actors/actresses simply lack the suave, the ease of character.  They are all just so commoner, so grassroot and lack of that bit of glamor.

Lao Zoe has the pig farm aura, 乡村味.

You can wrap her in Hermes or LV, but you can't hide her kampong face and severe wrinkles.

With her poor acting skills, she's just a clown who can't make people laugh.

Guest Guest

Im shocked too!

I wonder is it because any one party cheated! Must be serious cos normally couples will try to compromise if they already have children.

Guest Guest

Xiang Yun has used her star power to raise awareness about AIDS and to encourage people to be positive about HIV+ people.

That is the mark of a real Ah Jie, using her fame for a greater social cause, instead of just expecting and demanding respect like you-know-who.  :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Im shocked too!

I wonder is it because any one party cheated! Must be serious cos normally couples will try to compromise if they already have children.

What's the point of compromising if can't stand each other anymore.

Guest davidaw

Xiang Yun has used her star power to raise awareness about AIDS and to encourage people to be positive about HIV+ people.

That is the mark of a real Ah Jie, using her fame for a greater social cause, instead of just expecting and demanding respect like you-know-who.  :rolleyes:

Some Ah Jie are more Ah Jie than others.

Guest Guest

The children will not enjoy either if the parents are fighting in front of them everyday.

only people from single parent family will understand.

even if remarry, the step parent wont be able to fill the void that easily.

Guest Guest

Please lah, these kind of standard want to expect to be respected??? Has China invited these 2 for any of their major production??? Lau Zoe that kind of face can't even be a palace maid, she think she can do Ada Choi's empress role??? Their kind of inflated false sense of achievements and glamour you want to bullshit in Singapore still can, a lot of undiscerning idiots here who will support this kind of low quality shit. If you talk about international standard, please go back and fuck dog. Nobody will be impressed with her retarded acting.

yknow what the funny thing is? Wasnt your Xiang Yun like the maid in Tong Xin Yuan? like hua-jie or something? 

eh pls pls take your stupidity back to the heartlands your LHZB-totting turd

Guest Guest

yknow what the funny thing is? Wasnt your Xiang Yun like the maid in Tong Xin Yuan? like hua-jie or something? 

eh pls pls take your stupidity back to the heartlands your LHZB-totting turd

edit: YOU* LHZB-totting turd

Guest Guest

Breaking - Taiwan-born ex-MediaCorp artiste Jeff Wang 王建复 divorcing his Singapore wife.  

Watch this space for updates.

not breaking at all.

already reported few days ago. :rolleyes:

Guest Anti plastic apporach

Personally, felt that zt and chw should not say those things. Agreed with what many others here had mentioned, respect is earned, not demand. Just like in any other industry, encounter before with those seniors who enjoy throwing their weights around, thinking that they are no 1 in the company. wanting juniors or new birds to respect and listen to them. But when comes to work, they cannot perform, they do best is, pass their work to green horns, and relex one corner. When things go wrong, blame the juniors. Should they be respect?

Quoting an old hokkien saying, same type of rice breeds hundreds of different people. Everyone got his/ her own character, no surprise either to see many pattern in this world. Specially hi-lite on those who are on the quiet side. they may just want to stay low, That does not mean that they are aloof or anti social. Compare those fake friendly ones, their so call approachable behaviour, yuks, is it truely from their heart? they just want to social more so that people thought that they are the outstanding ones, but could be another empty vessel. Can't understand these people, instead of earning a true respect from others, which will last longer, demanding for a plastic upfront which give them a moment of shiokness.

Many here had said chw frequent gay sanua, so maybe someday will see him pointing his lotus finger, scolding another young chap there for not respecting/ rejecting him, hahaha.

Guest Guest

more.....

Singapore celebrity couple Allan Wu, Wong Li-Lin file for divorce

Singapore celebrity couple Allan Wu and Wong Li-Lin are splitting up after nine years of marriage.

A media statement by their artiste management company Fly Entertainment late on Thursday said the couple "reached a mutual decision to get divorced".

They also asked for support to work through their decision in private for the benefit of their two children, Sage, 8, and Jonas, 5. The family have been based in Shanghai for nearly the past three years.

Despite news of their divorce, it appeared to be things per normal for the American-born Wu. His latest tweet shortly before midnight on Thursday talked about the latest Star Trek sequel. He tweeted, "Better late to the Trek than never...Finally caught the new Star Trek sequel and it's really good."

His latest post on his personal blog on Thursday was also nothing out of the ordinary as the Amazing Race Asia host described a recent visit to Park Royal on Pickering with plenty of photos. His most recent posts, however, did not include any photos of his wife.

Li-lin's most recent tweet on Thursday also did not refer to the divorce or split, instead talking about an upcoming health retreat.

Former actress Li-lin, 40, shot to fame after starring in MediaCorp's Channel 5 cop drama Triple Nine (Season 1 and 2) from 1995 to 1997.

In 2008, she starred in the Singapore romance film The Leap Years alongside Ananda Everingham, and was nominated for Best Performer in the Singapore Film Awards 2009.

But after the birth of her two kids, the lifelong dance and fitness enthusiast-turned-host focussed her energy on being a passionate advocate for health-related causes.

In a recent interview by Esquire magazine in January this year, she said, “At this point in my life, I want to get back to work full-time and I want to focus on taking on projects that allow me to help others in some way. So, doing some hosting is fine but I’m probably not looking to do more acting now. I actually didn’t really do much acting in the first place if you think about it.”

This is the second high-profile celebrity split since April when actress Joanne Peh and radio deejay Bobby Tonelli announced they had broken up.

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/singapore-celebrity-couple-allan-wu-wong-li-lin-163846337.html

Guest Guest

Sex-for-roles director Jack Neo joins in the fray...

Jack Neo criticises young movie directors

14 Jun - Singaporean director Jack Neo agreed that there is a lack of respect for seniors in the entertainment industry. His statement followed after MediaCorp veterans Chen Hanwei and Zoe Tay had openly reprimanded the young artistes for their lack of manners recently.

In an interview with the Singaporean media, the "Ah Boys To Men" filmmaker described the young directors in Singapore as "cocky" as there were some rude directors who criticised him for his directing style, calling it "old-fashioned".

The 57-year-old veteran elaborated that there are some so-called artsy directors who constantly looks down on his commercial movies. (Referring to Eric Khoo, Royston Tan?)

However, Neo said he is unfazed by the criticisms as he always knows what he is doing and called for the younger directors to be less arrogant as they have less experience than him.

On the other hand, he also suggested that they [the veterans] should be more humble so that they can bridge the gap with the youths.

"I think all of us must face the reality. If the veterans keep showing their seniority to the youths, the younger generation will give them the cold shoulder. If the seniors are willing to talk to the youngsters nicely, the youths may react differently."

Guest Guest

MediaCorp bans Michelle Chong from portraying Noose characters.

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/rip-noose-stars-barbarella-leticia-lulu-100358691.html

Seems like this is the end of the road for SPG Barbarella, Filipino maid Leticia Bongnino and Chinese KTV hostess, Lulu.

The much-loved characters of breakout Channel 5 comedy hit "The Noose", all played by Singapore host/actress/director, Michelle Chong, have all met an untimely death after MediaCorp banned her from playing the characters.

Chong (@immichellechong) tweeted on Friday afternoon, "So what's this I hear about Mediacorp's Higher Management banning me from playing Barbarella from now on?"

The 36-year-old quickly followed that up with "They not gonna sell character license to anyone to use my characters anymore so no more Barbs, Leticia, Lulu etc anywhere." She added in Mandarin, "there's no need to be afraid if you have the ability".

It's understood a disagreement between Chong and MediaCorp led to her leaving "The Noose" after Season 5. Season 6, which started airing in April, does not feature Chong.

As MediaCorp "own" and have the rights to those characters, it seems like Chong -- or anyone else for that matter -- will no longer be allowed to portray those characters in public anymore.

Commenting on their decision, Chong told Yahoo! Singapore, "I just feel disappointed because this doesn't seem like a decision that will benefit them either. It just seems slightly narrow-minded".

However, she made it clear she bears no ill will towards them.

"I'm not sure who makes these decisions but I have no animosity towards MediaCorp. In fact, I still work closely with certain departments in MediaCorp and I am truly grateful for the platform and creative freedom they have given me, and I am sure there will be opportunities in future where we will work together, content-wise."

After her departure from "The Noose", Chong continued to portray the much-loved characters in a series of property ads such the one below. No more it seems.

Which is a shame because Chong and her characters were a big part of why the Emmy-nominated"The Noose" was the best thing to come out of Channel 5 in recent years.

Chong, a former Asian Television Awards Best Comedy winner, has since branched out into directing with her first feature film, Already Famous, in 2011. She also has her own film production company and last year, started her own artiste management agency.

She is currently working on her latest movie, 3 Peas in a Pod, a coming-of-age movie about three university friends on a road trip, which will be out in November.

Guest Guest

Mediacorp's productions are mostly pathetic, Noose is only one I would watch because of Michelle Chong. They think the show can continue without her?? 

All these issues of young to old, or old to young are just a manifestation of the social problem in singapore. You see, for the longest time, the local culture is such that there is a lack of respect between people, whether it is between government to people, teachers and students, locals to foreigners, etc. What happened at most of our workplaces where people are either cocky and apathetic is a result of bad social culture in Singapore.

Some once said this, good luck to this country and its people.

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.